Holy mother of all things good on this Earth which of the bottom two options are freaking best???????????

Holy mother of all things good on this Earth which of the bottom two options are freaking best???????????
I haven't the slightest idea which I should go with for a Chiappa Little Badger purchase... Primarily needed for "fun," specifically trying to get the most destruction from fun targets like apples, cans, bottles, pincones... And for hunting smallish game.

Please help me.

Attached: 15-50-35-images.jpg (599x512, 24K)

It boils down to distance. .17 HMR will shoot flatter farther than .22 WMR, but .22 WMR is more powerful.

best option?
no bullets or guns at all because they were invented in 1938 by hitler and racists to kill jews

30-06

Attached: 1568546.jpg (498x498, 32K)

17HMR
Best ballistics in a rimfire short of the 17WSM.
22WMR; you may as well get a 223 or 222 because 22WMR isn't as cheap as 22lr.

5.7x28 is superior

Hitler turned down the stg-44 fucking over his chances because
>much bolt-action

Ya Hitler didn't know shit about guns

no it's not
> marginal ballistics improvement
> never buy bullets again

22lr or mag. if you live praiere, 17

Now what I want to know is, are their any special 17hmr or 22magnum round's that change that? Or does what you say apply to all 17hmr and 22mags out there?

Any fun special spooky 22wmr rounds out there? Idc about price

just get a .22 LR unless you actually need to shoot at distance, then get .17 HMR or a real fucking rifle caliber like 5.56
.22 LR will be the cheapest and most fun
.17 HMR will be the best pest exterminator

Attached: 17winchart02.png (547x368, 228K)

Inside 100 yard 22WMR outside 17HMR.

Attached: 17winchart04.png (583x393, 228K)

just because jews constantly deserve to be annihilated, doesn't make me racist

based and Garandpilled

Not sure if you've considered this but there's more variety of cool guns out there for 22wmr. I know you're looking at the little badger right now, but it's always nice to have a couple guns for every caliber you stock. The rounds are fairly similar in performance otherwise, and if you're that worried about power in a small cartridge you may want to forget the chiappa and step up to something in 22 hornet.

>Guaranteed replies.

Don't get a Little Badger, spend $50 more and get a Savage of some sort.

I'm also looking into getting a small caliber rifle in one of these 3 cartridges.

I've been asking around, and this what I've gathered from those I know who actually use these.

.22 LR: Familiar, cheap, most available in large quantities in almost any gun store, great for plinking, youth shooting, and pest control.

.17 HMR: The best rifle for plinking and target shooting for accuracy, typically the most expensive. A 50 rnd bx of CCI brand ammo will cost you $1 more for .17 HMR than the same quantity and brand for .22 WMR

.22 HMR: A fun and cool looking bullet thats niche is really in small game hunting. If you're going after something larger than a squirrel its better to use this. A family friend tells me how he consistently can one shot raccoons with this.

>Now what I want to know is, are their any special 17hmr or 22magnum round's that change that?
No. You can't fight physics to that degree, user.

>A family friend tells me how he consistently can one shot raccoons with this.

You can consistently one shot raccoons with a .22LR if you aren't an idiot.

.22LR is by far the best choice unless you already own one and find you have specific needs beyond that. The price advantage, availability, and massive selection of ammo makes it the easy winner.

>one shot pests 22lr
There are people that can't do that?

Yeah, that was my point.
You've either got to be a horrible shot or have really dumb ammo choice to fail at oneshotting small animals with a .22LR. Hollow points + head or vitals and you're set.

Main selling point of .22lr is if you're using sub-sonics with a suppressor.

The fastest cartridge would be the most entertaining one to shoot bottles of fluid and such. Id recommend slower .22lr for silencers and shooting small game so they don't explode too much.

Attached: bf5.png (680x601, 190K)

Damn, I didn't know of this cartridge, looks great.

Attached: .17 WSM.jpg (1287x729, 340K)

5.56x45 nato

Anything that a .22 magnum can kill, a .17 HMR can kill just as well.

Your real deciding factor should be if you'll be shooting at +75 yards in wind.

Hitler loved the Stg 44, but he was concerned about the logistics of introducing another caliber you fucking moron.

Best for what?
They are both powerful small game cartridges,
>.17
much quicker
more penetrating
>.22 wmr
more mass

But they are both just small game rounds desu, coons to yotes.

there is explosive tip .22 wmr

Seems like a good option if you're in a stupid place like the UK or Ireland and want an AR that doesn't feel completely castrated.

Attached: F17-RIGHT.png (660x368, 168K)

Like you said, it does have ballistics improvement, but that's not the main reason it's superior. It is superior due to being rimless. This means much performance in an automatic or semi automatic weapon. The 5.7x28mm is the best cartridge this size, I wish FN wouldn't safeguard it so tightly.

unless you bumped your scope in the safe.