/arg/ AR thread

LPVO's Edition
Old:

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-04-19-33-44-1.png (1080x667, 821K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zevtechnologies.com/wedge_lock_hand_guard_308-12
butlercreek.com/products/scope-covers/flip-open-scope-cover-objective-lens
rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-switch-mlok-308-rail-17
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

newfag here, does anyone know if troy lower receivers take p-mags or do they only take the troy battlemags?

Attached: 15155544.gif (220x300, 275K)

Just ordered a talon safety and raptor charging handle, pretty excited about it.

Attached: 23452345.jpg (800x520, 63K)

>18" rifle gas
>lpvos
>surpressed EVERYTHING
>all kinds of lasers, lights and tactical doodads

Is AR fotm circular?
Basic -> tacticool -> lightweight -> "A2 clones"(Basic) -> tacticool ->
Will competition race guns be the new rage soon?

>Troy
No. Buy something else, from someone who's pro-2A.

Attached: IMG947116868904800567.jpg (433x576, 88K)

No clones have the right lower receiver

Attached: IMG_Green_Story_20190216_073948_processed.jpg (899x2001, 314K)

The Shark clone I'm making will

>TROY gets shit on
>SUREFIRE gets a pass

Imagine being a neofudd in 2019

How is Surefire not pro-2A? Are you talking about the donations to a representative on a bunch of military, intelligence, and homeland security subcommittees in congress? Are you talking about the representative in their district that was a better candidate than who she was running against?

Why hasn't this dude got a bipod?

Why would you want a bipod

To lay down accurate fire at Talibs 500m away? Lmao

>he needs a bipod to shoot a man sized target out at 500m
lmao

Donating to a Democrat is donating to a Democrat no matter how its spun or PRed

HF doing that in an long arse contact champ

Have fun dragging around a pretty useless bipod. Lmao

I wish the world really was as black and white as you see it. Things would be a lot simpler. Unfortunately that is not how reality works.

Here comes the liberal relativist

>be a business
>reside in a very liberal district that has absolutely no shot of turning red
>representative is on very important subcommittees that actually represent your interests and your nation's interests
>that representative is opposed by a greater evil
>make sure the one you can work with wins
There is no win-win for them. They simply have to make the best choices given their situation. If you don't like the fact that they gave any money at all to a democrat, even if they are on subcommittees that directly impact national security, military, intelligence, and Surefire's business, then fine. Don't buy Surefire. That doesn't make them anti-2A.

Child

Adult

dead, slow to deploy weight on the worst part of a gun to put weight for a gun thats not a precision rifle
use the mag as a monopod or brace it on something on the ground. You dont need a bipod.

i feel bad for you

>There is no win-win for them
They get to supply both sides, this is definitely them protecting their win-win scenario

What is the most Gucci LPK?

observant

I disagree. They're not supplying both sides. Regardless of this representative from California, there are both democrats and republicans on all of these subcommittees. However, their very own representative sits on many subcommittees which Surefire has stake in.

There are companies that are active twats like Springfield and RRA. DD put their foot in their mouths and Benchmade had a huge PR fuckup. Surefire isn't in the same breath as the others.

>be ash
>have ugly poorfag rifle
>can't even start a arg thread with it
sad!

All he ever does is post other people's rifles

I'm not saying this is as a Rep-Dem dichotomy. They get to supply both government and civilian and get the ultimate goal Surefire was started to do: Rake in that cash.

And if/when things like confiscation is called for, they're still gonna be selling to those two sides. Claimed proponent of the 2A or not.

what do you guys think of my new build?

Attached: IMG_6547.jpg (4252x2412, 1.82M)

That's a mighty clean brass deflector, user.

Toss it in a homeless camp with a full mag and start over

Post crayoned upper

Trip on squid

IT'S GLITTER MARKER, CRAYONS ARE FOR PLEBS

Attached: 20190217_093338.jpg (4032x3024, 3.21M)

Spikes enhanced or giessele Lower parts kit on a m4e1 stripped lower?

I know this probably belongs in battle rifle general, but I've got a question about rails:

I'm in the process of a 14.5" AR-10 carbine build on an Arrow M5 upper+lower combo, and I'm looking to throw a free-float handguard on it but the usual suspects like Geissele, BCM, CMT, etc all don't make DPMS profile high-tang M-Lok rails, and of the brands I've seen out there, it's pretty much Midwest and Troy and a bunch of no-names.

So what do people think of MI or Troy rails? Here's the MI rail I'm considering:

Attached: MI-308SS12-DHM-2.jpg (881x442, 70K)

And here's the Troy rail:

So far, it looks like the MI rail is a fairly straightforward design with a mounting system that looks no different from your typical Geissele/CMT setup, but the troyt rail's 4-bolt mounting system seems a little weird to me. I really like the light weights of the Troy rails, particularly the carbon fiber ones, but I want to hear what people have to say about their durability and that weird barrel nut mounting system's ability to hold the thing on even when it's getting banged around, as this will likely be my innawoods gun and I'm almost certainly putting a vertical foregrip on it.

Attached: troyhdpicsrai-mc3-3hct-00-500x500.jpg (500x500, 19K)

zevtechnologies.com/wedge_lock_hand_guard_308-12

No /arg/ is better for these Q's. Only ask BRG about trannies and FALs.

Attached: IMG_20190215_134417.jpg (3840x2160, 1.82M)

Also, obviously Aero rails are in the running, too, since it's already an Aero receiver set that I'm using, but I'm kinda meh on the looks and I don't want this gun to be a 100% Aero build.

Attached: apra308226c-12-inch-m5-enhanced-m-lok-handguard-black-1_3.jpg (1000x630, 43K)

TFW last thread geissele triggers were getting shit on for not being MiM from billet and costing 240$

>paying 240$
>not getting them when they were 167$

braindead

Attached: ^0C87F054FCF70DBC48DED242C371AE05B2BDFAA21828BE5620^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg (680x383, 36K)

How is the Springfield Saint?

machined from billet**** ignore mim am retard

Nice, do you own one?

And that's a sharp looking build. Real sharp. Mine is using a Troy Tomahawk stockset with a basic bitch A2 grip(because I love the look+feel, with Toolcraft guts and a Surefire SOCOM+Warden for my muzzle device. For glass it's going to be an EXPS+magnifier.

Im using monolithic uppers, but zev wedgelock is the strongest handguard on the market

Poorfag reporting in.

Attached: 20190301_111055.jpg (3957x1544, 3.21M)

What rail is that?

Aero handguard has worked well for me and I have had no complaints. Only issue I have had with my M5 build is it cycling Brazilian 7.62.

Attached: ar10.jpg (468x1280, 78K)

For (you)

Attached: IMG_Tokyo_20190226_125726_processed.jpg (2141x840, 611K)

Who makes good scope caps?

Attached: IMG_20190226_004606.jpg (1116x438, 105K)

Aadland

they dont make them for the accupower 1-4

They only make them for good scopes, yes

fuck off scar user.

Does CaliperAnon still post here?

no

butlercreek.com/products/scope-covers/flip-open-scope-cover-objective-lens

Maybe you get lucky

On discord mostly

then I look like a poorfag.

Attached: AG.png (1116x438, 1.87M)

Hey ARFags, at a gun show last weekend I saw some pretty neat side buffer AR pistols for about $400. I passed because I'm not too into stuff like that, but they did look neat. Do those have good reputations?

Any thoughts on the Silencerco Saker 556 ASR?

That sucks, working on a project at work for the E2-C right now and remembered he got to work on cool shit too. Haven't seen him here in a long time.

But you are a poorfag

original poster here, I already bought a troy rife and I didnt know anything about this anti-2a stuff, so whatever. If you dont know the answer to the question please dont post a reply.

Attached: Nani(1).png (1920x1080, 2.5M)

>still mim and 2x the price of a MBT that is billet tool steel
If price is no object it is still inferior
Average to okay
Springfield is a shitty company

>But you are a poorfag
no u

Well its either look like a poorfag or scratch your cheap scope up.

I have been looking at SOLGW for next rifle. Getting an upper and lower built by them comes out to about the same price as if I built it myself with two exceptions.

Their stuff comes with their own bolt, I was planning on JP full mass, and they source their own barrel vs one of my choosing. Anyone had experience with them? From everything I have read they are slightly over bcm.

they dont even have the see through one in 30mm.

How new to firearms are you? If they will accept the Battlemag, they will accept PMAGS.

Attached: 20181008_111939.jpg (2080x2597, 2.25M)

Attached: 201902286.jpg (698x1436, 178K)

>SOLGW
>JP ricer bolt
>"Slightly over bcm"
What are you even doing?

SOLGW: sons of licking gestapo welts

>PA LPVO
>MI handguard
>Protac
>JComp
The poorfag arg special aka ash clone

You're more concerned about looking like a poorfag than you are actually not being one.

>>PA LPVO
>>MI handguard
>>Protac
>>JComp
>The poorfag arg special aka ash clone
I have none of that you retarded no guns.

to ARs and shit pretty new, to hand guns about a year now

Despite the memey names and aesthetic, the Raptor is generally considered the best charging handle you can get.

I need an ambi safety, as a lefty. I want something a little more standard looking so I think I'm going with the BCM one.

Ive been looking at that and the noveske one. But I cant decide which to get.

v7

Raptor is good but the old BCM/VLTOR CH are GOAT

>v7
no

>wants noveske
I'm only trying to steer you in the right direction. But I mean if you want to fuck up again, I'll at least credit your consistency

i dont know much but i know dont buy Troy

I honestly dont give a fuck about your hatred for a company. do you actually know if their stuff is good or is it just blind/ parroting hatred.

Their stuff is over priced and middle of the road in quality.

those are almost double the price of the noveske. I might as well just keep the $10 one I have.

Functionally its the ash clone

Which is best raptor model? SD?

Sd np3

Who makes the best LPK answer me!

Attached: 10E8AFE5-160D-4ED0-8F47-DE61DCA90CE8.jpg (1000x630, 38K)

rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-switch-mlok-308-rail-17

This is a pretty nice rail that is rock fucking solid and gives great accessibility to your barrel and gas block.

I've tried, out of curiosity, to twist that fucker off and cant it. I only succeeded in deforming a keymod section but the rail was still aligned with the upper receiver's rail.

>DD put their foot in their mouth
I must be out of the loop, what happened with DD?

They supported the bumpstock ban

V7

I think I might get a 2.5-10 optic with an rmr on top.

Docter

>Docter
No