This is a pretty big mistake by the filmmakers. Surely they must have noticed this...

This is a pretty big mistake by the filmmakers. Surely they must have noticed this. Did they think audiences in the cinema wouldn't pay close enough attention to notice it?

Attached: revolverGBU.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aJCSNIl2Pls
youtu.be/nOr0na6mKJQ
imfdb.org/wiki/Good,_the_Bad_and_the_Ugly,_The
youtube.com/watch?v=_W_g7_KJP_o
imdb.com/title/tt0064782/
youtube.com/watch?v=AQjw5F6SnzE
youtu.be/o36m-2TPwck?t=29
m.youtube.com/watch?v=KkM71JPHfjk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what movie?

Apparently the OP thinks you're not allowed to carry both percussion and cartridge firearms at the same time.

Is it the brass ammo?

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

at that point in time, when there were both percussion and cartridge revolvers; which would a gunfighter that specializes in quickdraw fights prefer? Cartridges were so new that they might be considered unreliable/unpredictable by someone who only just acquired one. On the other hand, a percussion has more of a chance of a hang fire or all-together dud.
people transitioned pretty quick to cartridges because of the reload time but if you are a person, in that time period, who lives and dies by your first shot going off in milliseconds, which would you want?

Cartridges were probably more expensive and harder to get. Led, powder, caps and all the fixings were common items.

Not as big a mistake as the car driving by when tuco was standing on the grave marker with a noose on his neck

youtu.be/aJCSNIl2Pls

Attached: HPD.jpg (550x400, 29K)

Attached: L9ht8p.gif (320x180, 1.2M)

With a Remington it shouldn't matter because of how fast you can cylinder swap.

Spaghetti westerns are all about the Rule of Cool and the general feeling of portraying a wild land. As it should be.

You're a gunfighter. I think if your entire line of work and lifestyle depended on it you would have what you preferred.

He has cartridges on his belt though

On the run? Probably took what you could get literally. I'm thinking he probably had more than one gun on him as well. Fire off the first six you can't reload without changing the cylinder for the fastest option. Then move on to the cartridge pistol.

Great film, I hadn't noticed it till now. Most people don't know enough about ammunition to get it.

There's so much tension going on in that scene that only the most autistic are going to notice a detail like that.

PS: Obvious Thread Theme

youtu.be/nOr0na6mKJQ

Attached: Monk Best News I've heard all day.jpg (738x812, 192K)

It's not a mistake, they used cartridges for blanks. That being said 1851s for example were used in both percussion and converted cylinder s. Why the fuck is OP trying to pick pointless holes in timeless classics? Is OP the spastic tranny back again?

The film is set in 1865.

As others have pointed out, cartridges existed during that period, they were just rare. It was almost certainly an oversight by the production team, but it isn't very glaring because you could say he once had another rifle/revolver that used cartridges when he originally had the belt made. If your original belt still worked with the percussion revolver there would be no reason to make a new one.

Attached: 1851 Navy - Colt Factory Engraving.jpg (1200x460, 66K)

>The film is set in 1865.

After metallic cartridge were commercially available, yes.

Or you carried both percussion and cartridge revolvers, a la Rooster Cogburn.

The movie period predates jacketed bullets, and that design of centerfire.

More on the guns used...
imfdb.org/wiki/Good,_the_Bad_and_the_Ugly,_The

Attached: halfsoldier.jpg (600x256, 46K)

The cartridge were for his rifle, tho.

i havent seen this movie in years, i wonder if angel eye's uses a lever action or Springfield, i guess that would kind of explain why he had cartridges

It's a Italian movie, tou cant have cartridge pistols in Italy hence all the C and B pistols

The film is set during the new Mexico campaign of the American Civil War, which lasted only from Feb to April of 1862.
>After metallic cartridge were commercially available, yes.
But FMJ was not
If you're really autistic you'd see that Angel Eyes' Remshit 1858 New Army goes from unloaded to loaded during the standoff.

Hate to tell you this, but nobody played killing floor in the 1800s and they sure as fuck weren't buying half a dozen cylinders

During the American civil war muskets were considered some really cool shit. It wasn't until the 1866 repeater and the 1873 SAA came out that catrdiges were massively adopted. If you have a perfectly functional precision revolver that is considered reliable you wouldn't just throw it away because something new came out. Smart watches are a thing but you dont see every single person wearing them

This. Man that cylinder swap just ruin it for me. May as well just not introduce that gun

none of you fags have even noticed the triggers position

what about it

I can only assume he's a retard that's expecting a revolver from the 1860s to have a double-action trigger.

Percussion or cartridges, his gun should have been unloaded... He does ask specifically for cartridges in the gun shop scene though

Probably because he didn't want to blow the side of his leg off. Watch how he shoots.

It's one of the worst Clint Eastwood movies. Watch The Outlaw Josey Wales for the best. And Unforgiven. And 2 Mules for Sister Sarah.

>Watch The Outlaw Josey Wales for the best.

You, sir, are a man of impeccable taste. Pale Rider is also pretty good.

Once Upon a Time in the West was the best Clint Eastwood movie. It's a shame he decided not to be in it.

You have terrible taste.

Everyone knows Paint Your Wagon is the best Eastwood film.

youtube.com/watch?v=_W_g7_KJP_o

imdb.com/title/tt0064782/

Attached: Paint Your Wagon....With Blood.jpg (653x1000, 123K)

The safety is down so it's not totally unbelievable

Paint Your Wagon is a Lee Marvin movie, not a Clint Eastwood movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=AQjw5F6SnzE

And The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is a Lee Van Cleef movie.

Attached: Lee Van Cleef.jpg (1200x790, 115K)

poor Jean Seberg...

more like lee van queef lmao

Reported
Nobody bad mouths Lee Van Cleef

That image is unrelated, it is from for a few dollars more. Because mortimer's bisley.

Attached: For a Few Dollars More.jpg (800x340, 40K)

Took me a while but its just right of his head at timestamp.
youtu.be/o36m-2TPwck?t=29

This.

/thread

Here's some autism for ya. He's using center-fire cartridges that wouldn't be a regular thing till the 1870's

Filmmakers didn't care back then and neither did audiences. Look at all the 1960s WW2 movies shot with unmodified Bulldog and Patton tanks.

Except his rifle was a Cattleman's carbine, which is also percussion

Mo better thread theme.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=KkM71JPHfjk

Why does he look so cool bros? Is it the cheekbones and nose?

>you can't have cartridge pistols in Italy
what are you on about, as far as the law goes a there's barely any difference between a bp gun and a modern one

T. Retards. The Good the Bad and The Ugly is a fucking masterpiece that created pretty much every Western trope on Earth.

True.
I watch it at least once a year.
My daughters would join me until they turned 9 or 10. Except that third or fourth scene where angeleyes beats the woman. I ffwd.

My dog's registration name is "Alias Bill Carson"
Call name "Tuco"

That's Mortimer's Buntline Special.

what about conversion cylinders

It is because he's a badass.

You missed the part where the Mexican bandit builds a Colt from three different guns.

that finger....

Van Cleef fucked it up while building a playhouse for his daughter.