Big boy CCW/open carry

hey i was thinking about a double-action concealed/open carry in a shoulder holster. I'd be my first carry firearm. Do you fellas recommend such a carry (as compared to i.e. a belt semi-auto) and if so - what should I remember when doing so?

Pic: my fav revolver. yes i realize i'm basic as fuck

Attached: 29.jpg (512x330, 10K)

Revolvers are good when they are very small(Pocket gun J frame or LCP) and very big(large magnum for innawoods/hunting). Autos rule everything in between. If you're gonna pocket carry for CCW then get a small revolver but realize they are hard to learn to shoot well and take a lot of practice so don't get discouraged if you suck balls with it at first. If you're gonna belt carry for CCW than get a compact 9mm with a 12-15rd capacity. There's no reason to gimp yourself on capacity if you're going to belt carry anyway.

Attached: 1518127295418.png (600x700, 386K)

For a practical open carry I'd recommend some DA/SA steel pistol with a double stack mag or a Glock if you don't like guns.
If you're a LARPer who wants to carry a big iron, my choice would be either an S&W 686+ with a 4" barrel or an old Model 27/28 which are often sold quite inexpensively.
Bottom line is that you'll probably be off pretty good with either, seeing how most confrontations end within the first 6 shots, but if you NEED that 7th or 8th shot, you'd have it with an autoloader.
An advantage of a revolver could be that you could use it for hunting if you wanted to since .357 with 158gr. soft points kills deer pretty good.

Attached: 7b4.png (940x684, 671K)

I carry pic related from time to time while driving people around in my cab. You too can be such a faggot for only $850.

Attached: larp.jpg (1527x959, 511K)

If you want something that isn't stupid and really want to carry a revolver I would also suggest a J frame in a pocket holster.

Attached: gunm.jpg (735x881, 323K)

>something that isn't stupid
>posts 357 snub

What did he mean by this?

If only you could shoot some kind of less powerful ammunition in a .357 Magnum.
You know, something less expensive and with less kick.

I carry .38s in it anyway and don't notice the extra .4 inches of barrel length.

>open carry
No. Unless you are just going in the woods, iwb in your belt with a small gun. Open carry is not really tactically beneficial and could potentially be more harmful then helpful

Glock 20 or Glock 40 would fit the job

Could also get conversion barrels

Practice is fun in a J frame with match grade wadcutters. Pretty tame and pretty accurate.

Glock 40 for carry would be relatively inconvenient.

I've carried mine, its fine

The 29 isn't bad

Attached: 9x25 Dillon k.jpg (3162x2741, 1.7M)

I wouldn't recommend it as your first carry unless you're maybe out in the wild alot or Alaska. A SW Model 19 is bees knees tho if you gotta go that route. Otherwise for a first CCW I'd go with a compact/sub compact semi 9mm, which options are many

Based 9x25 conversion autist poster

>Model 27/28 which are often sold quite inexpensively.
You haven't looked at 27's in the last 50 years have you? You can get a 28 for around $550-600 if it's well used.

Okay. They just seem so big.

Attached: muh gat.png (2014x1037, 2.86M)

I used to IWB a Glock 20
The Glock 40 is just a longer slide

based GP100 poster
I love mine as well