Colorblind

> be me
> really wanna be a SWO
> go to meps
> lol you’re hella colorblind
> mfw
Is any other navy officer rate worth it? My recruiter says my two options are supply or intel.

Attached: 260C59E8-611F-47FA-A246-A07CF93D5A7F.jpg (250x237, 8K)

Can be corrected with contact lenses.

>wanted to be a navigation officer in the merchant marine since I was a kid
>colorblind as fuck

Attached: 1495867138123.jpg (300x360, 36K)

Not sure if they’d let that slide

Don't. Officers are faggots.

go intel, get the exp and the clearance, get out at the end of your commitment. get civie job that needs that exp and clearance. make mad cash and get to tell people that used to out rank you to fuck off because your a GS now.

Update everyone: I asked my recruiter if colorblind glasses were ok, yet to hear back from him
Also, bump

Go AF nerd. Also Intel up *chukel* since you can't be air crew baka

>Wany to be pilot
>Shit vision

Attached: meme_teplate.jpg (886x626, 78K)

Intel is cash if you’re autistic and don’t enjoy working with others. You’ll be ingesting all kinds of info and putting together PowerPoints over current habbenings for whoever you’re working for. Supply you’ll be the XO’s whipping boy for whatever is wrong at the command. Also:
>actually wanting to go SWO

Attached: 1B3AF6B4-4846-48B7-A46E-08026E291199.jpg (226x358, 24K)

That will absolutely not clear you for jobs that you would have been otherwise disqualified for. And if your recruiter tells you otherwise, he's lying to you because they will send you off to basic anyway and then you'll be given some other random rating/MOS (that you probably will hate) once they find out at basic that you're colorblind

Oops, I missed where you're trying to be an officer. My experience comes from being enlisted so idk if it's different.

lmao i got hired at a factory where i had to box up and label painted screws. brb mailing out the wrong orders. brb boss makes cheat sheet where i can hold the screw next to color to make sure i label them correctly. still hard to tell. probably should have asked if i was colorblind before hiring me.

Kek, good of him to make the cheat sheet though

Join infantry fag

Very wholesome post

Thought i'd share my experience as a colorblind person in the armed forces

>Be me, 21, finally going to the army as a conscript
>Didn't get assigned to cavalry, so i'm sort of annoyed, but atleast it's not the chairforce or navy.
>Tell my sergeant that i'm colorblind, just to be sure that they know.
>finish bootcamp, get assigned to a new squad.
>Tell my new sergeant i'm colorblind
>He says okay and immediately forgets about it.
>We are now starting our education period, and because i had gotten a speeding ticket they decided to educate me as an ammunition supply soldier, instead of a truck driver.
>For those that do not know, this course teaches us about ammunition, explosives, munitions etc and how to identify, store and transport it.
>NATO ammunition can be identified by text on the item, and because it can fade, it is also color coded.
>Yellow for HE, brown for LE, black for AP etc
>For all the practical tests the text was removed from the ammunition and we had to identify a grenade/mine/cartridge correctly on color alone.
>I sometimes mix up dark green and brown, blue and some shades of purple etc.
>somehow manage to remember and identify specific shades and correctly guess enough colors to ace the tests
>spend the year supplying ammo, shooting machineguns, avoiding codstew field rashion, and driving forklifts.
>A few weeks before my year was over, ask my sergeant why they assigned me as an ammunition soldier when he knew i was colorblind
>He seemed indifferent, i think it was because he knew i was about to finish my year, so it didn't matter anymore, and i think he knew i had told him and he had fucked up.

It's the way of the armed forces.
If you are tall you have to go in a tiny tank, if you are short, you have to walk long distances, if you like tanks you get stuck in a supply unit.
Don't take it personally, nobody gets to do the things they are suited for in the military.

Attached: jhgfgjhjh.jpg (750x1000, 193K)

Thank you for the very related Pepe, definitely stolen
I did some research and I think I’ve made my peace with intel. Thank you bros, a Job is better than no job

Attached: DF0DBCF4-DD36-4667-BDFF-9E656E37AFD1.png (640x640, 12K)

get the colorblind glasses

Imagine trying to survive in the wild and not making it because you couldn't tell the difference between red berries and blue berries.

more like red and brown, or blue and purple
But orange and grass green is the most bizarre mixup a colorblind person cant differentiate
They see the saturation of the color, not so much the color itself.
they are more prone to finding a 4 leafed clover, also a gook in the treeline or a frog trying to hide with its camouflage on forest floor

>be me
>work with guy in Viet Nam War
>ask what happened
>"I got drafted"
>"I thought fuck yeah!! I'm color blind"
>"I'll fail medical"
>"Army says Really???"
>"like you only see greys?"
>he said yaaaaaassss queeenie
>they said
>"MOTHER FUCKING AWESOME!!!"
>"You can't see camo!!!!"
>he was a helicopter gunner
>got shot down 3 times
>has visible broken color bones and scars
>change subject

Can't be color blind in Infantry. Not a chance.

>wanting to be a SWO

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Seriously. Your recruiter did you a favor, there, OP. Go Intel, you'll make six figures easily when you get out in the contracting world.

No.

no, people cry when they put them on

Dont be a bitch just take Intel. Shits cooler anyways

Want to be sonartech on submarines. I have tinnitus

Except you can

Er, no.
Also glasses > contacts when you're anywhere slightly uncomfortable or dusty or what have you.

Same, I work in electronics and when I took a drug test they tested me for vision and colorblindness. I completely bombed the colorblindness test. Fortunately wires are usually colored pretty brightly and it's rare that wire color actually matters anyway. I would never make it in a bomb squad though kek.

>perfect vision and health
>stem degree and ppl
>can't fly because dui from party in college
Least I have my DCS

>navy
You fail at life.

Attached: pepearmy.png (1000x1000, 939K)