What is the best short stroke gas piston 5.56 rifle available currently on the US commercial market?

What is the best short stroke gas piston 5.56 rifle available currently on the US commercial market?

Attached: A3D66731-A081-4015-BB92-993E570F6387.jpg (640x480, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

brownells.com/brn180
youtube.com/watch?v=zMKpq0Y9Spk
youtube.com/watch?v=M5GZ7PZoOhE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably the ugg boot.

Attached: Wolf a1 12.5.jpg (2048x1152, 354K)

this is now a T91 thread

Attached: eggroll handguards.jpg (720x470, 73K)

>no forward assist
Enjoy your jams.

FA is for faggots

Attached: t913.jpg (600x400, 75K)

LMT

Uh oh, its Fudd:thirty, past your bedtime old man!

Brownells AR180?
brownells.com/brn180
>currently on
Yeah just wait 2 weeks.

Attached: c204d0f1-592c-4f03-94a6-249265f8addc.jpg (1830x1030, 133K)

Attached: Kodiak AR-180 in 762x39.png (1312x759, 1.38M)

Even as a Wolf A1 owner, I am eagerly awaiting these.

oh god why

Attached: 1551595403476.jpg (500x334, 33K)

noty

youtube.com/watch?v=zMKpq0Y9Spk

Stop being poor.

Attached: IMG_1958.jpg (2400x1800, 1.37M)

>ass recoil impulse
>heavy
>massive forend
yeah i'll have one LWRC please

>ass recoil impulse

You've never shot one.

>heavy

Lift more faggot.

>massive forend

I'll show you a massive forend.

Attached: rails.jpg (3840x2880, 3.29M)

Attached: 1466111811_tactical556_1wide_r.jpg (1024x640, 25K)

>Geissele
lel

Attached: Geissele machining.jpg (4032x3024, 1.69M)

You guys and your gun talk is kinda gey

>not even out yet
>ITS CLEARLY THE BEST

are you this stupid?

>lift more faggot
doesn't matter if you can carry 20 pounds or 200

every ounce on your rifle is less ammo or other gear you can have on your body

Steyr AUG

dear lord those cuts on the gayssele rail look horrid

Nah senpai, those are just for heat disipation. ITS ENGINEERED!

The AR15

The HK SMR is honestly the most comfortable handguard I've ever used. It's a shame they don't make the Mk1 anymore.

>You've never shot one.
What a coincidence, neither have you!

>literally replying to a picture of my rifle

Big OOF.

Attached: 416left.jpg (5120x3840, 2.86M)

It's unironically the Sig MCX

Attached: 2014-07_6SFW_SIGMCX_02.jpg (1024x826, 438K)

You'd figure for the price they charge they'd bother to do more than a roughing pass.

/thread.

Good luck getting that neutered shite to work with an after market trigger

>literally has a Geissele trigger in it

OOOOOOF.

youtube.com/watch?v=M5GZ7PZoOhE
Even a blind man can tell that the mr556 is an ok gun at a laughable price. Pretty much H&Ks business model tbqh.

Oh you're ban evading again Squid? After so many years? Okay.

It only makes things worse in case of a jam. Useful for closing the bolt silently though.

You're such a tool

Did they fix the issue with the springs?

AR15
The AR15 uses a short stroke gas piston inside the bcg.

Report for ban evasion and ignore.

underrated post

>bolt won't go into battery
>need to make a shot or be ready
>sure glad I bet my life on a spring

This may only occur on a full mag because it's harder to strip the first round. This may happen because of fowling or a bent buffer tube. What is gained by NOT having it that is more considerable than this drawback? A few ounces of weight? Retarded. I get that it's unlikely to see use, but come on.

It creates a weak point in the upper receiver that can kill someone in the even of a KB.

Name one malfunction that could be fixed by the FA that wouldn't be fixed by just racking the bolt again. There's a reason why a lot of modern rifles with non reciprocating charging handles don't have FAs. The British tested them on the FAL and determined that there was no situation in which a FA would fix a jam that couldn't be fixed by just racking the bolt again.

I assume you're talking about issues where the recoil spring cup lets one of the recoil rods bounce out and releases one of the springs. This happened when the recoil spring cup was made out of plastic and would deform when it hit the back of the gun.

I assume it was fixed on the MCX, cause the recoil spring cup was made out of steel on the MPX I got earlier this year. They're basically the same platform, in different calibers.

Does that really happen? People have died from FAs in KB situations? I already named a couple of potential situations when a FA would be useful. Which currently used military rifles with non-reciprocating charging handles have ditched a FA? I'm not doubting, I'm just not up on the most recent adopted military rifles.

It also has the provenance of being the rifle used by based Omar "God Slay the Queen" Mateen

In the event of a KB, the FA can be ejected out of the receiver directly back into the shooter, along with what ever shrapnel it causes.

The only rifles with FAs that I know of are AR clones that have them because the military demands them because the military is inherently conservative when it comes to weapons. The tavor, FAL, every roller lock gun, and every machine gun I can think of don't have FAs. Everything else I know of has a reciprocating charging handle.

The FA was a stupid stop gap measure that has outlived it's purpose. Eugene Stoner opposed adding the FA to the rifle, and he designed the thing. The situations you named can also be remedied by charging the weapon again, and doing that won't potentially exacerbate an already existing jam.

like, im not a Jow Forumsrazy, and i literally clicked on a cool picture on main index page and ended up in Jow Forums, but woudnt weight not also help with more controllable recoil and so forth?

Yes, but there are better ways to do that like tuning springs and buffers and using muzzle brakes. Weight is the enemy in pretty much everything.

If you want short stroke in 7.62x39, why not just get vz58?

Easier to mount optics, can use AR-15 aftermarket parts.

Of all the complaints one could have about Geissele's products, those intentional machining marks are the least important.

Yes, roughing cuts are intentional. The key is doing a finishing pass.

>a finishing pass
With that compound curve, more than one pass. That's why they left it as-is.

That's what 5 axis machining centers are for.
My bet is that the guy who designed it did so with a magic wand in mind for production even though they only had 3 axis machines with an indexer as 4th.
Again, if they didn't charge an arm and both legs for their products, I wouldn't be complaining.
This is Colt-level bullshit.

Attached: Colt Quality.png (1219x864, 1.38M)

>Entry teir/it's G2G
Adams Arms
CMMG
Stag Arms
Wolf T91
Osprey Defense
>better
PWS
POF
Ruger
LMT
Sig
>best
LWRC
Barrett
HK

Bren 2

I've shot plenty of them, they don't shoot as well as DI guns but they are good. The mk16 is much better than the 416's we played with for shooting targets, but I'm not a cool guy so I don't know about using it for military shit. One thing I really likes about the 416 is the lack of any rail flex, it let me not have to worry about my peq

You mean Omar "dump a mag into all those in drag" Mateen?

Strictly speaking, the AR-15 isn't quite DGI. It's close, but not quite.

>One thing I really likes about the 416 is the lack of any rail flex
>it let me not have to worry about my peq

No doubt the 416 features a stout rail interface. However, you're wrong to assume it doesn't exhibit any deflection when a load is applied.

youtu.be/7dPdeHer3uY