Ammo recommendation thread, I'll start

Ammo recommendation thread, I'll start
>.357 sig
>carry ammo
>something not insanely expensive so I can actually practice with it, not under loaded like most .357 sig

Attached: Screenshot_20190305-093257_Chrome.jpg (1080x1009, 219K)

I carry a USPc in .357 SIG. Speer Lawman for practice and Gold Dot JHP to carry. Because of the .357 SIG markup, Lawman is usually not any more expensive than other practice ammo. Often it's cheaper

>Not insanely expensive
and you bought a .357Sig. Get a drop in barrel mod in 9mm or .40.

It's a drop in barrel for a .40, I mean not insanely expensive like meme ammo at $3/round

Pic related is the top performance option for .357sig, and it's only $1/rd.
What the fuck kind of meme ammo costs $3/rd, and why would anyone buy it instead of Underwood?

Attached: 357-sig-65-grain-xtreme-defender.jpg (801x602, 36K)

Where did you find this for $1 a round? The cheapest I've found is $1.75

>Not meme ammo
You literally posted a round with a screwdriver bit for a bullet

Midway IIRC, when it was on sale. (I don't buy meme ammo unless it's on sale.)
I thought this stuff was fairly regularly on sale for $20 to $22.

It's $30 ($1.50/rd) right now and not on sale, so either I'm confusing it with something else, or I got a pretty good deal.

No, of course it's meme ammo, but $3 seems excessive.

Have you actually shot any of it? I'd imagine such a light projectile at 2100 fps would stray far from typical poa for practice ammo

Okay fellow 1cm dudes, why is Sig Elite 10mm so cheap compared to Remington and Winchester equivalents? I feel like I’m getting duped for some reason but 180 grains at 1250 FPS is pretty good, right? Coupled with the fact that I’m shooting it out of a16” barrel and chronograph readings are about 1350

Yeah, I put 10 rounds on paper, and couldn't really see a POI shift at 10 yards vs. Lawman practice ammo, but then I'm a shit shot with a pistol.

Have also busted a couple possums with it, though, and I'm quite happy with the terminal ballistics. Significantly more blood and guts out the exit side than .40 HST.

Interesting. If if it hold the same poi as shitty .40 practice ammo I could practice cheap then swap barrels for Philip's screwdriver meme carry ammo

I thought about getting a drop in barrel for .357 Sig for my big boy Glock 35 just so I could shoot some light Underwood Through it for them sweet, sweet terminals

It's lightweight, hypersonic, and performs well in various platforms on par with HP and penetration of FMJ. I personally think this will move out of meme territory and start becoming standard, lighter, faster, tougher bullets

>on par with HP and penetration of FMJ
You lost me here, user. I'm confused as to why you'd want carry ammo to pen like FMJ.

It doesn't penhole, it creates a pretty hefty wound track with a massive energy dump from the tests I've seen in Gel and Harrell's meat target. I'm fond of lighter, faster ammo for the ft/lbs. I don't carry Underwood however I roll with 115+p+ GoldDot

Oh nm disregardI misread, you mean penetration. Well not for my needs, but that ensures success where HP has historically failed so Fat/hefty targets, bone, basic cover IG cars, drywall, etc... I just think it's a neat innovation and hope it continues to be expanded upon

>why you'd want carry ammo to pen like FMJ
You generally wouldn't want that, but then it doesn't actually do that, so it's okay.
Its penetration is only "like FMJ" in the sense that it's "more than typical hollow-points" -- but it's only a little more.

> 65gr
Jesus, man. Unless you're needing to punch through vests at 10y and in, why not not use a gucci loading with similar POI out to 25y as your practice ammo?

Attached: 623179.jpg (880x660, 69K)

Just picked up a ruger SP101 in .357 with a 3in barrel. First wheel gun. I'm trying out some different ammo types right now but I would appreciate some insight.

So far I have tried:
>Hornady Critical Defense .38 SP+P, 110 gr
>Federal Micro HST .38+P
>Remington Golden Saber 357 Mag 125gr
>Hornady Critical Defense FTX 357 Mag 125 GR

Can anyone recommend a decent 9mm JHP round that isnt too expensive? Was looking at the Sig Sauer stuff

Check out the Winchester 110 grain .357 as well

Is monarch 223 steel case any good?

>hurr
>I hve a .357 sig
>wat carry load is both affordable and is a good carry load

dumbass. Get a 9mm barrel and either 147GR or 124GR HST’s or Gold Dots and use Federal AE or Speer Lawman in the similar bullet weights. Affordable since it’s a 9 and the Lawman line of ammo specifically mimicks the hotter Gold Dot duty loads.
>b-but muh three fiddy senben!!1

enjoy shooting dollar bills and nerve damage for literally no performance gains then lol.

Attached: 4658336F-A0BB-478A-AE1E-EA3C3DAE51E9.png (638x359, 247K)

No, not at all. Get something better you poor faggot.

I like the 158 grain JSP ammo from Federal and PMC. The fancy lightweight hollow points don't quite do it for me.

calm down, nogunz. 9mm doesn't feed well in firearms designed for longer cartridges.
everyone who bought a 9mm kit for their bargain bin glock 22 they bought once all the PDs started dumping them will tell you it's not a good idea.
it's why 38 super 1911s run so much better than 9mm 1911s do.
if he's gonna get a conversion barrel, 40 is the way to go. the cheapest jhp you can get for 40 is the PPU at 27 cents a round.

this is the correct answer. you can get lawman for 34 cents shipped and gold dot for 46 cents shipped. grab the $1/box speer rebate and you are in business.
as an added bonus that lawman stuff comes with non toxic primers and totally jacketed bullets, reducing your heavy metals exposure. this makes a big difference in your long term health.

not worth it when you can get american eagle 556 for 23-24 cents a round after the rebate.

Jow Forums's opinion on 45-70 and hos to get it the cheapest?

I already posted that it's a sig conversion barrel for a .40. Obviously .357 sig is more expensive in general, there are more or less expensive rounds within the caliber. Don't be retarded on purpose

>longer cartridges
Except .357sig, 9mm, and .40s&w are all the same length.

new defensive ammo brand without a marketing gimmick. Sig ammo is pretty good.