How the FUCK is 22lr so cheap?

I've scoffed at using 22lr for a long time now because of the poor ballistics, penetration, and jamming issues, but after finding out you can get 5000 22lr for under 200 dollars, I am reconsidering.

Again that is FIVE THOUSAND ROUNDS for less than TWO HUNDRED dollars.

Are there any practical uses for 22lr? How can I capitalize on this? Should I just use it for range training?

Attached: 22lr.png (630x339, 55K)

It's good for fucking around at the range
Get yourself a pair of rough riders and have some fun

>Are there any practical uses for 22lr?
You could snipe small critters with it if that's your thing.

>Are there any practical uses for 22lr? How can I capitalize on this? Should I just use it for range training?

You could try to kys and see if it works.

>How can I capitalize on this?

Somehow manage to convince the entire US military to replace 5.56 for .22lr since you are potentially the first person to uncover the secret that is cheap .22lr.

>Are there any practical uses for 22lr?

You could try setting a record for how many 22lr you can insert into your urethra.

It's more expensive than it has been on a while. .22 never recovered from the Obama Terror. I remember it being $2 per 100 rounds pre-2013, and that was in California. Since you dumbasses kept buying it at $5-10 per 100, sellers realized people would pay more for it so they just kept tje prices high.

Also no one ever bought a .22 for the ballistic performance. They bought them because they were as cheap to shoot as a BB gun.

>How the FUCK is 22lr so cheap?
This is a return to normal pricing after a decade of demand outpacing supply, my young friend.

>Again that is FIVE THOUSAND ROUNDS for less than TWO HUNDRED dollars.
That's not even a very good price. For Black Friday Federal sold CCI Minimags in Black Packs for ~2.5CPR after rebate. I have 6k sitting in my closet.

Checked
OP must do this

Buy it all, then get a Calico.

I need to get more .22 to feed mine
>have a shitload but its all lead nose stuff that wont feed

Attached: photo_2019-02-12_16-05-24.jpg (1104x828, 184K)

I started collecting .22 PCC's, some days I just need to shoot the shit out of stuff and for every 300 winmag I can shoot 30 .22's or for every 308 round I can shoot 15.

It's too cost efficient to pass up, and if you want to do meme operator training, you could practice the base movements with a .22 replica of a m4/g36/mp5/ak and cut the cost of your ammo by 90%.

Attached: img_8596.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg (900x675, 434K)

Holy shit.

That's the ugliest gun of all time.

Hands down, that's it. No contest.

I can get 500 rounds for like 15 bucks after tax. Sucks of prices are still high in your area

because it's not bought by government agencies.

government standard gold-plating diminishes production capacity in general, and their massive bulk orders come off the top of the total supply, something which has even been deliberately leveraged for the specific purpose of depriving/draining 'civilian' supply, in the past.

I’m pretty sure the mob has been useing them effectively for years. So I guess if you’re up close, you can use them.

You used to be able to get a bucket of 500 for 15 dollars.

i never fired .22lr, how good do they penetrate stuff, how does wind affect them?

Tons of easy and cheap range shooting/home plinking, great rifle to take camping/hunting/hiking. Great for harvesting small game like rabbits and squirrel. I actually exclusively use my 22 when I squirrel hunt because I don't like steel shot in my meat, it's way easier on the ears, and super accurate at closer ranges.

>How can I capitalize on this?
Export it to third world countries where ammo is expensive.

tfw I will never build a .22LR minigun

Because it's not 2013 anymore