/KTG/ Knife Thread General /KTG/

>Benchmade love, not hate edition

Attached: Benchmades_Feb2019.jpg (5896x3757, 3.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c048PjH7jTM
youtube.com/watch?v=uZU0g7edxuI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I just picked this up last week.
I love it, but it wasn't as super sharp as I would have liked. Still sharp, but I expected it to be sharper.

Attached: tr3.gif (699x411, 177K)

Fuck Benchmade

Fuck benchmade

you dont have to spam... youre right though. ive had 5 benchmades and 3 of them had their axis lock springs snap. im not spening any decent amount of money on them, i just dont trust them. I shouldnt have to gamble whether or not i need to waste time sending knives back in. thats bullshit, especially considering i wound up grabbing a s110v pm2 and it was worth every god damn penny. its going on 3 years now, no issues at all

this my first foldable carry knife. I just bought it and it's the tits, plus spyderco hq is near me

Attached: IMG_20190226_170434219.jpg (4032x3024, 2.44M)

The blue one is adequate.

Fuck Benchmade.

Fuck Benchmade. I'm not gonna throw mine away, these are great knives (albeit I feel like I overpaid considerably for them) but they've lost my business. Donating to Anti-Gunners is a fucking No-Go, and they should have known that.

Attached: 20190305_230442.jpg (2560x1440, 1.82M)

My buck 119 I just got has the finish got from satin to polished near the buck branding, is that normal?

This thing is tempting me but dunno if I want to drop $200+ on a shorty.

Attached: BA9BC3FB-5CC0-4B42-8810-5C638AD72548.jpg (800x800, 55K)

Help

Attached: IMG_20190306_011225564_TOP_1.jpg (1080x1440, 200K)

That line between the BUCK and the 119? Looks like someone might've goofed.

What is it?

Rate my knoife

Attached: GetImage.ashx.jpg (1200x649, 103K)

I’m strictly a gunfag, so forgive me for asking

What do you guys do with these? Do you practice with them in some way or LARP innawoods? Or are they ornaments basically?

Obviously not talking about knives that serve a purpose for hunting or fishing, but I feel like that doesn’t apply to most of you anyway

For a lot of people they're just fancy, overly expensive toys where a $5 box cutter would serve them better but they spend the $100+ because they like the design of something and justify it to themselves because it's their money and they like it.
For others, survival and readiness. I'm currently trying to build a survival kit and if I had the money I'd have a pile of knives. Because making decisions is hard, and so with the resources available I'd likely just buy all the knives. Because redundancy.

Watch a couple videos and it seems normal
youtube.com/watch?v=c048PjH7jTM
Well it depends really. A lot of my folders i rotate daily and just use for edc tasks, and folders are what most people collect. Fixed blades are mostly just because they look cool besides the camping/hunting/fishing knives like you said. Its like collecting lighters or similar.

>Watch a couple videos and it seems normal
Yeah. I made a since-deleted comment that it might be a lacquer line of something applied to protect the gap where the blade goes into the guard, but I then noticed that some have it and some don't. However, those that don't could've been polished for display where it removed the lacquer.

Good, now i don't have to go back to walmart. Fuck walmart.

Spyderco Techno 2

I know with the Ontario knives it's common post-purchase thing to put some nail polish at the base of the blade to prevent water from getting in. If it bugs you, you could always see if it buffs out and draw the line down a bit to be more uniform.
Might be worth shooting Buck an email asking about it, honestly.

Just figured I’d ask, realistically I don’t need all the guns I have either, it’s just what I like to spend money on

Just didn’t know if there was some CQC knife larping going on. The collecting makes sense though.

im sort of like but its more of an OCD thing with me. i dont know if its necessarily OCD, as much as it is, what qualities you are willing to ignore for the price. its kinda like how some people can buy hi point brand guns and not care, but some people care a lot, because when they want to spend money on a gun, they want to have the confidence to know that it will work effectively. some bit of the price affects the aesthetic look as well, but it mostly goes into quality. with something like a higher end spyderco, i love sharpening, to see just how perfect i can get something. if i put an edge like that on some cheapo knife that would totally get the job done, it would be a waste, since it would wear away very quickly.

by the way, a knife that i carry on me every day like that same spyderco would perform any of the things you mentioned, hunting, fishing, things that i do throughout the day. of course, i dont carry anything like a hunting knife like some people in the thread, just something i can have on me at anytime, like pic related

Attached: sp_C81GPDBL2__64729.1475174116.jpg (750x368, 166K)

>Just didn’t know if there was some CQC knife larping going on.
youtube.com/watch?v=uZU0g7edxuI

can anybody recommend a good push knife that isnt super expensive? something you wouldnt mind getting beat up or losing

Overpriced piece of 420, just like most of the euro knives.

>noguns knifefag general is the only group on Jow Forums that doesn't care about Benchmade grinding guns and funding gun grabbers
Checks out.

Attached: 0222192158.jpg (2560x1280, 1.3M)

oh benchmade got shit on, and rightfully so. im glad theyre getting hate, fuck their axis lock

People hate them here regardless.

Mostly toys/fetishes. I have a few of "working" knives for EDC and innawoods and quite a few more "ain't that pretty" knives. It's kind of like my system with guns except almost all of my non-"working" guns get sold after I've had my fun with them to fund the next toy.

Attached: 4636599797_674ca11e50_o.jpg (589x724, 124K)

Attached: старый фискарс.jpg (1097x748, 186K)

I'm a fan of the buck 112 ranger which is just a smaller Hunter.

>>/LGBT/

Pretty impressed with my $17 chinesium stilletto. There's not blade play or big ass gaps between the liners or the stocks. I think it's funny that it's actually branded AKC Italy. If they would have used brass liners it would be very hard to tell the difference between this knife and my buddy's $70 actually from Italy one. Got it off Wish.

I've got a for real Italian auto showing up today. It's a Leverletto with stag handles. And yeah the Chinese make fakes of that too with the markings and all but they are easier to spot as fakes due to various construction differences. I may get one anyway just to compare it to an original.

Attached: Chinesium Stilletto.jpg (2048x1536, 504K)

Fuck Benchmade.
>He bought FIVE (5) of them
>Tfw no damascus PM2
Guess it would kind of defeat the purpose...
Wait for a sale or for one to pop up cheap on eBae.
I can't speak for everyone else but I like to do what's known as 'hot gluing' to them, but rather than applying semen to figurines, it's my knives. I take it a step further by actually caressing my knives in my masturbating hand, and sometimes slapping them with my benis, enriching them with the scent of muh dicc musk. Besides watching the light reflect off of their gorgeous finishes, when it comes to butterfly knives, they're pretty fun to flip and learn new tricks with. Most of them I don't intend to actually use, it is just collecting.
Great work reading the first two replies, dumb fuck.
No one cares about your home board.

Anyone know if oil skimmed from birch tar can work as a preservative for carbon steel blades?

Hogue has made a better Griptilian®
This new Doug Ritter model is awesome. M390, Machined/Contoured G10, solid lockup with no blade play, $153.
Using mine while doing some gardening this morning.

Attached: IMG_0462.jpg (3421x2074, 2.94M)

Is this an academic query or ar eyou moving to the bush never to be seen again? What other scenario would need to know/utilize this?

>$153

Am I the only one who thinks only aesthetic/collectible knives are worth this much monies? If I'm actually gonna use a knife no way am I paying more than $50 for it.

Should have added only exception to this rule is my kitchen knives.

have had a spyder for 5 years with heavy use for 3 (EDC on a farm), holds up super well. the problem id have w yours if there was one would be the camo..you drop that shit in a grassy field good luck finding it. i put two strips of reflective tape on mine and it's helped me find it on at least half a dozen occasions

Anyone have any recommendations on whether or not I should stain or finish the handle in some way? Its wicked soft wood and while its not the end of the world, I don't want to fuck it up too much.

Attached: 20190226_203617.jpg (4032x1960, 3.5M)

I'm curious in the spirit of maintaining a degree of readiness for if I ever end up in a situation where I'm living off the land for a prolonged period of time. Being able to maintain your tools is important.

Plus, birch tar is easy to make. I have no idea of the properties it has and if it would be beneficial or detrimental to the metal, so that's why I asked. May experiment with it and see how it fares. Then if it works I can just cook up a pot if I need to weatherproof tools instead of needing to buy oil.

Tung oil

>living off the land for a prolonged period of time

Don't worry you won't. And even if you are you're gonna be surrounded by civilization and opportunities to scavenge. I have never understood the fantasy of "shit will get so bad I'll be alone innawoods for a long term living situation". No you won't. People will be everywhere unless there's no people and then there's a better chance you went with all the rest of the people into whatever end befell them.

no $50 knife can withstand this type of constant abuse

Attached: destructiontest.jpg (3024x3174, 354K)

natural use over time will add character to the light colored handle, i personally wouldnt use a stain or varnish on that bad boy and would just finish/protect it with tung oil

Kiitos, anons.

Bruh. If something happened where everything fell down and went boom, the last place you'd want to be is anywhere near current civilization. You want to have a close-knit group and you want to be far, far away. Because if things ever did get bad, you'd see people chimp out in a real way. Not in a "looting and screaming" way. A "make your tribe and eat the faces of the opposition" way. People would turn to cannibalism quick along whatever lines they dictate, and you'd have factional warfare along every imaginable line. Forests would be being cleared out. Every deer hunted, every tree burned. Because there are way too many fucking people for any illusion of sustainability if the power grid goes out. The only people who make it out of such a scenario retaining their humanity will be those who get the fuck out and find some safe spot to ride out 10-20 years as the fires burn out and the rats clean up.

Tell me where far away is? Middle of Alaska? For most people living in the US there are very few places where you're more than a day's walk from some form of civilization. And if you think you're gonna be the only one trying to get "away" you're gonna be surprised when you're walking in a herd all moving "away" at the same time lol. You should go do the Appalachian trail.

>hey I'll go innawoods and hike through nature across empty wilderness
>WTF there's goddamn people and civilization all up in my shit!

In a collapse the detritus of civilization would be everywhere. Oil scavenged from a junked car could help keep your knife rust free for a long time.

>ride out 10-20 years

So you're a farmer? Fucking larping faggots lol.

Fuck Bitchmade.

I've relocated to a free state and can now legally own/carry/use an automatic opener. I have a couple Buck and Kershaw assisted openers. Which auto should i get first for EDC on a budget of < ~$200?

Attached: switchityyswooty.gif (320x240, 659K)

>So you're a farmer?
As is necessary, yep.

did you cum writing that?

>As is necessary

Which translates to:

>I've never done it but HOW HARD CAN IT BE??

lol

No. I'm not one of the people who gets excited by the prospect of humanity failing just because it means I get to play with all my toys and feel self-righteous. I don't have toys. I just recognize a potential threat to my existence and plan to survive.

I'll sell you an older pre 2550 mini reflex for cheap.

Attached: 100_2653.jpg (2048x1536, 708K)

Attached: 100_2656.jpg (2048x1536, 708K)

>I don't have toys

Satan is the father of lies.

protech tr-3

>What do you guys do with these
On the recent selebration of Army Day I was making feather stick for the fire and helping making shishkebab with my Mora Classic - opening meat packs, stuff like that. Today I've been trying its sharpness by making me a sandwich.
I buy knives because I collect them. And I collect them because they may be either based on some historical knife, or be cool on their own. And I try to use them in my daily tasks if that's possible.

collecting mostly, they're aesthetically pleasing

Fuck Benchmade

I do a lot of recreational hunting, fishing, camping, etc. I'm not a big game trophy hunter or anything, but I try to process my own game when I hunt. Plus making feather sticks for fire is fun. The other aspect would be self-defense I guess. I carry a subcompact 9mm with a spare mag, but having a small knife for your non-dominant hand to use could come in handy if your right hand is grabbed or you've gone to ground. I'm no expert, but plenty of people at my job do the same.

Also Fuck Benchmade.

Attached: Benchmade-Knives-Political-Contributions.jpg (800x557, 37K)

These are very useful for smoking cigars past the point where you can hold them.

Man jewelry

>15k
dude that's nothing. I get the point, but that's a drop in an ocean of lobbying donations.

I thought this was America, where people could have differing opinions on all manner of subjects, including politics and we can still get along and function.

Who were the politicians? Jim Webb and many other decent, upstanding human beings are affiliated with the Democratic party. Regardless of how absurd many of the Democratic party's members are, there exists Democrats who represent their constituents with integrity and honor; that are rational and focused on balance. This "other side REEEEEE" stuff is what we expect from the FAR left, not rational human beings.

Benchmade makes a stellar product and will retain my business for the time being. Not telling anyone else to do the same, but political donations in relatively small sums like that do not raise red flags for me. Donations directly to anti-2A organizations or large donations to people like Feinstein or Waters would likely give me pause before purchase.

/my own faggotry

Attached: 4f4f5f58inf848f8.jpg (1932x1104, 985K)

>I thought this was America, where people could have differing opinions on all manner of subjects, including politics and we can still get along and function.

That place no longer exists. If you don't know that you're either delusional, stupid or willfully ignorant.

The days of tolerance for the left are over and that's why we REEEE now like they do. Very soon now it will be impossible for the right to win another national election and then shit is gonna get spicy.

Here yall go

Attached: IMG_20190201_2124156.jpg (3996x2664, 2.29M)

That price is pretty standard for a non-shit knife with bohler m390 steel

I'd be more afraid to lose it or drop it than to use it.

Looking at auctions depresses me. Was browsing used Buck 119s hoping to score a good deal. People are paying the price of a new knife for scratched up, broken-tipped wrecks.

Solid switchblade with ebony wood handles.

Attached: haller2.jpg (3264x2448, 1.78M)

Heard the same song and dance before.

It does for well adjusted people. I have good friends who are firmly liberal, I have neighbors. The problem is neither extreme (right or left) is capable of keeping their political views to themselves in situations where their expression is not warranted. It used to be taboo to ask someone who they voted for (and still is for most grown people) for good reason. It's to not have to suffer faggots the likes of Jow Forums. Far right and far left should kill themselves. Inb4 weak centrist memes. I'm a conservative, just don't need to wear it on my sleeve.

The extremes always rule the middle.

new!

Attached: IMG_20190306_164116268.jpg (1512x2016, 1.03M)

>what do you use them for
About 99% for general utility. Go buy a cheapo shitty $5 Walmart knife sometime and carry it for a week. You’ll be surprised how many times it actually comes in handy

Conservatives were the ones who passed the NFA

Anyone own a Lionsteel M4? I want something small and versatile. Though I think my Leatherman Wave (which I just had sharpened) will do the job.

I use mine at work. Cuz it's a tool

Attached: ZT.jpg (1080x1545, 1M)

My new flipper outer is here. Me likey.

Attached: 100_2669.jpg (2048x1536, 503K)

Attached: 100_2668.jpg (2048x1536, 537K)

$20 Sheffield Rogue from Walmart

Attached: Thats not a knife.jpg (425x425, 14K)

Cool, though I'd rather take a piclklock.

Explain the appeal of the picklock to me because compared to swivel bolster or ring pull it seems like an worse unlocking mechanism. If I have to grow out a fingernail to get my knife closed that seems less than optimal.

folders are gay. get a bowie.

>the appeal of the picklock to
PL seems to be the oldest blade locking mechanism ever.
> If I have to grow out a fingernail to get my knife closed
Shouldn't picklocks have wider spring plates?

Attached: 1543611467274.png (2500x2500, 1020K)

Yeah it's wider but still not much to grab on to.

Attached: aga-campolin-10-stag-picklock-side-large.jpg (711x800, 93K)

So sharpen it, what's the issue? Better knives allow you to chose the angle of your edge.

post your bowie then fag

I use a knife every day for work, so it's nice to carry something cool/nice if you use it everyday.

Fuck benchmade

For which reason?

I'm really liking the dragonfly. Fits well in my hands while being compact and the zdp steel doesn't dull instantly when I stab the ground to kill some weeds.

Attached: 20190306_233227.jpg (1010x260, 84K)