What does Jow Forums think firearms will look like in 30 years?

What does Jow Forums think firearms will look like in 30 years?

Attached: 1550974145877.jpg (1024x1024, 212K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rK7LRuvEnHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WlM8IHij6Hs
defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/release/3/200108/china-to-test-magnetized-plasma-artillery.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Identical to how they look now, give or take a few new designs that are unlikely to take off in any big way.
Guns have been a very mature technology for many decades, there's just not much room for improvement.

They'll be illegal for citizens to own

For militaries and police? Similar to now with better optical technology and manufacturing

For civilians? Pic related

Attached: download.png (225x225, 144)

Like flashlights with pistol grips. Really though, high grade lasers are just super long range flame throwers

Depends if there's a break through in ammunition or not. If we're still using metallic cartridges, they'll look a lot like they do now, but with better optics and aiming devices, as that's where all the innovation is. Maybe they'll be using different materials for certain parts, but ergonomically and mechanically, we've peaked for small arms. Everything is an AK, AR15, AR18, or a derivative thereof.
Hell, even if we do have breakthroughs in ammo, there's an argument to make that the AR is the peak of ergonomic design for guns, and therefore guns will look staggeringly similar to that.

Attached: 1534579406220.jpg (1920x1440, 653K)

Like firearms today, but with even more plastic.

You know I'd say you're retarded but with how cowardly U.S. gun owners are I'm starting to believe you.
Here in Russia if someone wants to take away my guns I can either fucking move or shoot them dead.

>Here in Russia if someone wants to take away my guns I can either fucking move or shoot them dead
Okay Ivan, well you're not even allowed to own semi-auto shotguns let alone anything that Americans can get their hands on.

Attached: 1514857264370.png (1280x904, 1.32M)

>Here in Russia
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: {DDCC13F5-4E5E-4AD7-ADB6-033610715639}.png (1311x263, 59K)

>you're not even allowed
Law Enforcement is generally lax, and if he lives out in the Russian boonies, he has months to years to hide the bodies

>Law Enforcement is generally lax, and if he lives out in the Russian boonies, he has months to years to hide the bodies
Also applicable to the vast majority of Americans and American boonies.

Probably similar, although we'll probably see more caseless weapon systems put into service because of the pretty massive benefits

youtube.com/watch?v=rK7LRuvEnHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WlM8IHij6Hs

Attached: Textron-Lightweight-Small-Arms-2.jpg (674x379, 35K)

rusted and faintly glowing with radiation

This, caseless and telescoped ammo are going to be big in the coming decades.

the meme pops out of your smart phone and actually murders you when you open the image on any website or chatroom or text message or email

Attached: 1528682984391.jpg (720x708, 37K)

Not really.

>Rural cops
>Lax
Maybe if you're in Kansas

Three aesthetic options
>excessive greebles
>excessive curvy plastic
>excessive wood furniture
and then mountains of 3D printer garbage

Attached: 1545616943037.jpg (1920x1080, 325K)

basilisk hacks are for TITANs and anarkiddos
>Jove stronk

I dont think ceaseless will ever be viable. Exposed propelant is a dumb idea. Polymer CT ammo is the future

nothing for civilians if politics are still progressing and haven't crashed, 95% of boomers and 90% of other generations of gun owners will simply turn them in like Australia did

>650,135 missing people in 2017.
>Even if just a third of those people are actually dead, that's still 216, 711.

Lord knows how many of those are done by serial killers, one time murders with bodies disposed of, or dumbasses who got lost in the woods. Point is, the US is a big country, and there are places where no one will hear you scream.

Attached: AhegaoCamo1.png (750x750, 941K)

>cheese grater with the FCG blocking the bottom
yikes.

skinwalkers and wendigos proly get a few of them

This but with lasers

Attached: 22016-10-25-16.45.20-660x319.jpg (660x319, 60K)

Caseless ammo, eco friendly ammo, NFA repealed. Early prototype direct energy weapons.

>Weird receiver + commiefornia compliant stock and grip + hideous foregrip = futuristic
kys.

Attached: 1551841114716.png (595x600, 415K)

You can still put, like, sling loops and shit there? Thus keeping the sides free for grating cheese.

That is in no way california compliant. You dumbfuck.

>he thinks Russian gun laws are better than America gun laws

Enjoy your Lancaster rifling lol

>the AR is the peak of ergonomic design for guns

Charging handle in your face, in your faaaace, have to come off target to charge it. Mag release button is directly where you should index your trigger finger when not shooting. Not ambidextrous. Also shits where it eats and that's not a meme, it's literal, the fouling gets directed into the feeding mechanism. Also not completely sealed. No folding stocks either, and can't be made into a bullpup which are the actual final form of rifles. There's no wasted, hollow space on those other than the pistol grip.

muscovite? If so stay out of the far east we are full asshole

lol the muzzle device is

Are you retarded?

There's lots of room, but nothing will change until the US has had enough of the M4.

Noguns detected. AR18 was the actual peak performance of weapon design.

Attached: DSC_0153.jpg (1496x842, 272K)

Better optics and suppressors

The AK was PEAK

>missed that camouflage
FUCK

yeah sure...doesn't even have a sloped cartridge.
its a joke

WiFi connected and Alexa integrated, informs you when your laundry is done and allows you to see people ringing your doorbell in the scope if you've installed a doorbell camera.

Counts shots fired and orders ammo once you go through a set amount. Secretely logs GPS and directional data each time the trigger is pulled.

Don't forget the paid subscription needed to fire.

He's not wrong, muzzle breaks are legal, Flash hiders are illegal. lol.

damn u dumb as fuck LOL

AK 174

Attached: IMG_2904.png (512x223, 127K)

>charging handle in your face, in your faaaace, have to come off target to charge it
Spotted the nogunz, what is a bolt release

For civilians, consider that most/many people use 30+ year old designs on a regular basis

most handguns are based on either a 100+ year old design or a 50+ year old design. I still haven't shot a gun I've liked more than my CZ85, except for maybe a Q5 SF and they're way to expensive for the average person.

Electronic primers failed already, so we won't see those, and I just don't see a radically different mechanical system of firearms operation taking hold over the next 30 years, given that there are already so many which are reliable and accurate.

Like ARs, but with more tacticool shit on them.

Attached: smart pistol mk5.jpg (1920x1600, 436K)

Zorg ZF-1

Attached: 18bfddf0b447bcaec1bb19a8779b40f4.jpg (600x327, 23K)

Fuck that gun and the supply ship it flew in on.

Most likely smaller more effective bullets if the technology allows it. We'll be using bullets long after we're dead, that I'm sure of. Smart technology is around the corner, integrate that with your firearms and you're set. Lighter, more durable material and gizmo's for your gun, shit, that'd be pretty cool to see.

Attached: radetec4-1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 104K)

That is either the ugliest thing I've ever seen or the coolest.

Useless to my shooting preference, but my dick is confused.

Moving the Goalposts: the post

Ultra newfag detected

Probably like the guns we have today maybe with more integrated electronics like sights and hopefully lighter due to plastics or composite materials. If there is a big breakthrough in propellants maybe we could see caseless ammunition or electrically propelled rounds. My biggest hope is that DARPAS project maurader hasn't gone bust and we can see plasma based weapons in the future.

human-wielded small-arm FIREARMS, specifically;

molded propellant blocks or liquid/gas propellant, ignited by the weapon (almost surely electrically, slim possibility of some other method), minimal or no primer on the rounds (minimal primer possibility being some simple resistive material 'primer' for molded propellant blocks), firing in salvo/pulse as default replacement of 'semi' single shots.

however, by that time drone and robot tech will have come into its own and there will be very little interest in human infantry or even self-defense. micro-drone swarms will be the self-defense arms.

it is also entirely likely that human-wielded small-arms won't be firearms at all, any more, but rather direct energy or super-airsoft weapons.

'psychic warfare' and 'cyber warfare' will have come together and will be what actually dominates and decides the course and outcome of conflicts.

Attached: LSATpolyvcaseless.jpg (600x466, 70K)

Kentucky cops are pretty relaxed in the boonies. Except counties that touch one of kentuckys two urban counties. Besides that, you can pay/kinship your way outta most dealings with cops. Also most ky cops are super based and racist as shit.

Attached: IMG_7102.jpg (540x393, 57K)

At the rate things are going now, this will be the best you can get in Texas

Attached: featureless-660x168.jpg (660x168, 13K)

7 rounds in a mag. WTF, is it a future 1911?

why the fuck are you retards talking about civilian restrictions on guns? that's obviously not the point of the fucking thread. this is like watching any youtube video about muzzleloaders and half the comments are dipshits going "hurr durr banned in commiefornia". shut up. you're not clever.

>long range flame throwers
If you push enough power to your target, the resulting blast from the plasma would act like shrapnell-less HE.
Push even more power (we're talking a few orders of magnitude more from the previous one) , and you get what could be called a disruptor.

>2 slide stops
>5 camera lenses
>marketed for deep concealment but has a massive charging handle, LAM, muzzle device and extended mag
>extended mag only holds 12 rounds MAXIMUM

>Here in Russia if someone wants to take away my guns I can either fucking move or shoot them dead.

No you won't do shit faggot.

defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/release/3/200108/china-to-test-magnetized-plasma-artillery.html
The Chinks are also experimenting on magnetized plasma cartridges.
So the 'railgun' exists and could exist in the form of a round within the next 30 years.
This plasma-powered bullet could punch through lvl IV and tank armour at obscene distances and we will see the return of the AT gun.

If/when we finally break past suppression of portable energy storage technology, 'airguns' featuring on-demand compression may become fairly popular. Depending on what else is happening, of course (this might also blow open outright directed energy weapons).

both would end up heavily used, just in different roles. there are plenty of roles where the relative hypothetical liquid damage susceptibility of the caseless variant just wouldn't be a factor at all.

if they wind up being totally interchangeable and running in the same weapons (which of course they really should be), I would actually expect for the cased rounds to gradually become the more niche variant, as worries prove to be unfounded. eventually being used only in extremely niche roles eg. special forces shit only.

Attached: caselman.jpg (1024x328, 75K)

You've never held one if you think that shit isn't a fucking die-cast crackjack toy.

a materials science breakthrough for heat tolerance/dissipation would be neat

hopefully maturing tech / economies of scale re: home manufacture of barrels, etc as well

Attached: merlin_150036621_75b0eac0-3a40-4e6f-8081-bb8e520b580c-superJumbo.jpg (2048x1365, 462K)

Does it hurt to be this retarded?

My town police chief and a country sheriff would come shoot with me and my friends all the time. Rural cops are pretty chill if you aren't a nigger

>implying I'm that guy

>calls someone a nogun
>says the AR-18, a gun made for the fucking third world to use instead of an AR-15, is the peak of weapon design

Attached: fuck outta here.jpg (720x795, 40K)

Attached: 4B9.jpg (1600x1200, 222K)

yas buasss

Attached: 1B14F5B5-050B-444C-A4C1-054C76123BDE.jpg (660x439, 83K)

The biggest problem is heatsinks that CT inherently solves. It's kinda like the issues handled, albeit in a fictional setting, in Mass Effect. It's just better to be able to put more shots downrange at the cost of waste than to plan around heat dispertion in a wasteless system.

Like AKs and ARs.

stop posting airshit

Does anyone know the current limitations of polymer slide development? I figure material development will always be huge and we'll continue towards removing all metal from firearms. The future will be polymers and ceramics.

Maybe it’s just my inner fudd, but I would like something like that with badass wood furniture.

Like make the stock and buffer tube connect with a thumb hole stock.

It's literally illegal to deny the holocaust in your country.

The US has been doing for over 30 years now, even since MARAUDER took off.

Unless energy storage drastically changes that sort of stuff will only be used on ships or tanks.

That opens the door for common sense smart gun laws.

Imagine cowabunga and a kill switch is sent to your house, making gun have a seizure and forever have limp dick.

TSA Would like to know your location.

A horrible reality where it's the twenty-first century and we still kill each other with seventeenth century materials.