The impact of a 5.7x28 on an unarmored target

The impact of a 5.7x28 on an unarmored target is equivalent or similar to the impact of what caliber of pistol (on an unarmored target as well)?

Attached: 57.jpg (300x204, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=5.7mm ballistics
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_5.7×28mm
youtu.be/kh_WxeOAcxo?t=416
range365.com/fn-five-seven-pistol-gun-review#page-6
youtube.com/watch?v=4U40ArShS6M
youtube.com/watch?v=6yO6y48XiSI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4U40ArShS6M
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vA6wf41ze9U
mcarbo.com/22LR-Ballistics-Chart
youtube.com/watch?v=xEDo_PbAvJc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BB gun.

as in if my target is not wearing body armor and I shoot him with a PS90 how would it feel like being shot with?

Anecdotal evidence places it between .22LR and .50BMG

lmgtfy.com/?q=5.7mm ballistics

Realistically with civilian ammo like a suped up .22 mag. It is too high velocity to stop in a target and expand, so it leaves nice clean 5.7mm holes through instead. Most likely less "stopping power" than a 9mm. Does not make up for it with its 20rd capacity that can be matched with modern mags in normal calibers with baseplates. See Ft. Hood shooting for anecdotal evidence of it not being fatal.

Here i also got you a link. Do your homework and report back.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_5.7×28mm

it's actually more effective than 9mm/.45/.40 etc but fudds are too retarded to accept that velocity>mass/caliber

Slightly superior to 9mm

In handgun ammo?

No. Fucking no ten times. You need to hit vitals to do the deed. Greater surface area facilitates this. Increased hit probability on vital structures is essential, as the energy is not sufficient to be an incapacitating factor by itself as with rifle calibers.

>you'll blow a deer apart with that Assault Rifle 15 boy, git you a real rifle

Probably .32 or .380. We're talking about an approximately 30gr projectile at 1500 to 1700 fps. Not enough velocity/energy for temporary cavity to become permanent, but enough that a mildly expanding bullet can get adequate penetration rather reliably. Its a straight downgrade from the classic calibers for soft target performance, but its hardly a .22 or something.
You need more velocity than 5.7 has out of a handgun for that to be the case. If it was throwing expanding/fragmenting projectiles at 2500fps it'd be a whole different story.

it would feel pretty much like being hit with a 5.7x28, which is a pistol round.

youtu.be/kh_WxeOAcxo?t=416

>Realistically with civilian ammo like a suped up .22 mag. It is too high velocity to stop in a target and expand
wat

About as hard as a pebble out of a wrist rocket.

>fudds are too retarded to accept that velocity>mass/caliber
Or because a case of 1000 starts at $400, it's hard on steel targets, and currently chambered in only one expensive pistol model that was designed to handle it's pretty steep max PSI.

>Or because a case of 1000 starts at $400,

5.7 isn't cheap but i wouldn't call it 'expensive'

Attached: 45645654646.png (1696x763, 76K)

>See Ft. Hood shooting for anecdotal evidence of it not being fatal
>13 dead
>not fatal

>it's actually more effective

Attached: 1513833384314.jpg (497x458, 82K)

>Hasan entered the store and asked for "the most technologically advanced weapon on the market and the one with the highest standard magazine capacity". Hasan was allegedly asked how he intended to use the weapon, but simply repeated that he wanted the most advanced handgun with the largest magazine capacity. The three people with Hasan—Gilbert, the store manager, and an employee—all recommended the FN Five-seven pistol.

I dont think "suped up .22 mag" is so bad when it's fired from the most technologically advanced weapon on the market.

>it's actually more effective than 9mm/.45/.40 etc

No...its not because its from a handgun. Its going to zip through taking most of that energy with it. Next 'muh tumberina'

Your post was so bad it made me vomit in my mouth. A 44 cap and ball revolver from 1860 is more lethal. Deal with it. 'all progress is good progress, give me mouse gun and but plug'

One, that's much cheaper than Ammo Seek can find. But I got to ask, what do you consider expensive in a duty pistol caliber that you train with in volume?

What is .22 magnum?

You have no idea what you're talking about. 5.7 hollowpoints tend to yaw and fragment dramatically, not expand like traditional handgun HPs. This doesn't make it as effective as a similarly sized rifle bullet, like 5.56. It's fast for a handgun, not a rifle. Whether or not this is more or less effective than say a 9mm JHP is still a matter of debate.

Nah.
usually weighing between 28 and 40 grains
average velocity was 1,624.5 feet per second

range365.com/fn-five-seven-pistol-gun-review#page-6

Its about the same as not a 22Mag but a fucking 22LR rifle with CGI stingers(Stinger's advertised 1640 feet per second) or similar @ 32 grain. It has no magic YAW or tumberina abilities. You are talking absolute bollocks.

Unironically about equal to cold loaded 9mm fmj

So 10mm liberty civil defense is the best then?

>2600 fps

>Unironically about equal to cold loaded 9mm fmj

nah less momentum and a smaller hole

Not out of a five inch barrel m8 more like 1850 and its the same shit with 5,7 most of the velocities are from measurements done from a ten inch barrel

>most technologically advanced
or most modern looking gun they can sell with a high price point you be the judge

Cope. People on this board have chronoed 2550 from a 6 inch glock barrel.

This is incredibly false. A micron sized projectile moving at mach jesus will leave a micron sized perforation in someone, and likely everything behind them, without being terribly lethal.

A train moving at 1mph would not be terrible lethal, assuming you don't get thrown under the tracks.

Terminal ballistics is a function of velocity, mass, and projectile. Different projectiles for the same cartridge can behave in entirely different ways, and is arguably the most important part of contemporary cartridges. This is -extremely- observable in 5.7 when comparing, say, SS-195, SS-197, and S4M in gel.

Unfortunately, ballistics gel testing only reveals so much about a given cartridge/projectile/load. It's also the only consistent testing medium we have, even though pigs would make a better medium for effect on target, especially with rounds like 5.7 that deviate from typical terminal effects.

Basically, until we see shot up pig bodies, all we have to test it is gel, which 5.7 doesn't perform well in.

Within 15y to minimize POI shift and with a 140mm magazine in there, yeah. I assume a 60gr isn't going to recoil much more than a 5.7, but I've never shot a 60gr 10mm.

5.7 Owner
Look up hydrostatic shock.
Also varies greatly if you're shooting hollow points or that bluetip ballistic range crap.

It wont have much "stopping power" - in a sense that it will knock someone on their ass like 45 will, but whoever is hit by it near vital organs is highly unlikely to survive.

Attached: 1551412187736.png (1600x1050, 2.97M)

At what 20-28 grain? Would you ever fuck off. Nearly half the size an weight of a 22LR and smaller in diameter. Muh yaw. That's aside from the fact that the vast majority of available heavier grain ammo does chrony at 1650 or less. It was a great idea from a 10 inch barrel sub gun in heavier grains. Its an idiots choice in pistol in fart weights

>Look up hydrostatic shock.
We know what hydostatic shock is and you won't see much of it with a projectile weighing 40 grains at 1650FPS. You may begin to see it (possibly) in the temporal cavith with a 28 grain at 2000+fps but not enough to make any difference and compensate for the loss in momentum, diameter etc

>but whoever is hit by it near vital organs is highly unlikely to survive.

So just like a 22LR from a rifle?

Try again.

>from a rifle

LOL

I'll say this for the high velocity pistol stuff. If they ever start squezing 1.5x or 3x magnified optics down on pistol, it's going to be really weird for me to watch dudes with 40gr 5.7 and 135/147gr .357 Sig pistols popping steel pretty effortlessly out on the 100y rifle range.

>youtube.com/watch?v=4U40ArShS6M
eh m8 that's the same as a cgi stinger from a 22lr how easily conned are you?

you'll fucking be awed by this

youtube.com/watch?v=6yO6y48XiSI

I effortlessly plink that with iron sights. So will you. Its an absurdly accurate gun.

22LR
22LR
22LR from a rifle iring a cgi stinger
Yes.
Far less lethal than 9mm

as long as there is zero wind

>I effortlessly plink that with iron sights. So will you. Its an absurdly accurate gun.

So is 22lr

>compares .44 revolver to a lightweight 20rd polymer handgun.

OK M8, GR8 post 8/8!

ok but how much stopping power does it have? is it weaker than .38 special or 9x18 makarov or .380 auto?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4U40ArShS6M
Never said it was magic. Lightweight bullets going at decent velocities tend to yaw in soft tissue. On mobile at the moment, but this guy has a few different slow motion videos of 5.7 through gel. Sure looks like the bullet's starting to tumble out the end even with ss197.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vA6wf41ze9U
We're talking about handguns here, not rifles. That's an inherently unfair comparison, a better one would be something like .22 tcm, which as far as I know preforms better than 5.7.

What's the drop on a .22lr or even a .22 WMR out of a 5" barrel at 50y and 100y?

fundamental lack of bullet design knowledge. notice the shapes are not the same

Might not be what you're looking for, but a .22lr rifle zeroed at 50 yards drops 5-6" at 100. I imagine a pistol zeroed at something like 10 yards would drop quite a bit more.
mcarbo.com/22LR-Ballistics-Chart

>fundamental lack of bullet design knowledge. notice the shapes are not the same

O course the bullet shapes are not the same (the 22LR has a bigger diameter for a start}

Here is the ballistic chart on AE 40 grain, 5.7 drops about 4 and a half inches but note the drift, so yeah its basically a 22lr rifle but with less momentum.
@ 8mph wind.

Attached: FullSizeRender_zpspflju7tz.jpg (821x594, 134K)

All tis excitement about a pocket 22LR rifle. I suppose its good for people with weak wrists

Less drop with 10" less barrel ain't too shabby for a centerfire .22 pistol round. Sure, it's no .357 Mag, but it doesn't push that front sight post up like one either.

Frangible 5.7 are just luke 5.56 at short range. They show good fragmentation. I verified with a P90 shooting into three thick phone books soaked overnight and stacked back to back. There was no exit hole. Shards got scattered and stuck in the page at various distances. A skewed cone-shaped penetration area inside the books turned into coarse-ground pulp, kinda like ground beef, with big and small metal shards in it. I would think it'll do same to a live body. The base of the said cone was about 4-6 cm.
So it would do a lot of damage to a live target, as all that cone-shaped area will bleed.

Yeah but then you get this hyperventilating crap

youtube.com/watch?v=xEDo_PbAvJc

22LR CCI 40gr Velocitor PLHP impacting ballistic gelatin from a Ruger 10/22

SLOW MOTION 5.7x28mm FN SS-197 impacting ballistic gelatin

5.7 its a 22lr from a rifle

Happy now? That's it compared to a 22LR in slow motion in ballistics gel by the same people.

Kek. The 22LR creates a bigger cavity

If it doesnt perform well in gel which all other rounds do what gives people such hope that it will perform well on people?

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahahaha
Oh my, you're serious. Let me laugh even harder hahahahahahahaha you stupid fucking fudd.

>Greater surface area facilitates this

Another way to facilitate it is with a bullet designed to tumble on impact.

Hope theres not some leaves in the way that would completely obliterate your light ass bullets trajectory.

>velocity is the most important thing

Attached: 806DD719-696F-4E15-A314-31E48ED167C9.png (406x452, 29K)

Man you are so stupid if you buy into that frangible crap. Here we have the fudd who doesn't think he's a fudd.

>It is too high velocity to stop in a target and expand

This is how I know that you know nothing.

Attached: 265175412.jpg (400x300, 27K)

>Fudd
>Defending 5.7
I don't think you know what that word means

>You need to hit vitals to do the deed.

That is literally any gun though, and vitals who cares most people don't even fight back once they feel the pain of being shot, and by then pain is no longer an option for those that forfeit life.

Attached: 1487102881345.png (354x378, 140K)

>unironically referencing that largely provenance-less google doc who's own sources contradict its claimed figures
shiggitydig, muh nig. The levels of 10mm cope on this board are off the charts.

It's primer is small rifle. I am sure you know what that means.

Attached: Bottomless brain case.jpg (645x729, 81K)

Lethality isn't the only advancement that can be made. I own a five seven and it's pretty fucking advanced. What other pistol do you see with a double stack double feed magazine, 20 round magazine, great factory sights, great factory trigger, lead AP ammo, actual accuracy beyond 50yd, and ergonomics designed for humans rather than block, on the market right now? A five seven will fuck the shit out of any bitches on the range and literally anyone in self defense/mass shooting (see Hasan's fort hood shooting). The only reason they're not more popular is because no military has adopted them and poorfags are afraid of spending a bit of money on ammo. But yeah, go carry a BP revolver for self defense, try it out on the range, see how you like ancient technology.
It may not bee a poverty block, but it's well worth its pricetag. I'd bet $1200 that anyone who shits on the five seven has never fired one in their life. Suck my dick boomers.

Are you being a retard or do you actually know anything? I would like to hear why you think something that brings first shot fatality only second to .22lr or .357mag be considered weak?

>It's primer is small rifle. I am sure you know what that means.
>first shot fatality only second to .22lr
With arguments like this you only deserve reaction pics, not an actual rebuttal.

Attached: link laffn.png (243x289, 31K)

. 22 lr from a rifle is ballistically identical

I'm talking about 10mm

>poorfags are afraid of spending a bit of money on ammo
I literally cannot afford to shoot my current montly regimen of 12 boxes of that a month. Cheapest I can find that online at the moment is ~.40 a pop. I'd be spending well over twice my current ammo budget.

Something tells me the round isn't 200% more lethal than 9x19 so that I can justify slacking off in lieu of technology.

>hydrostatic shock
not a factor if the projectile is not moving faster then 2000 fps. not matter what ballistic gel says.

I want to add to my post, I'm not doubting 5.7 stopping power. ft. hood shooting is all the evidence anyone needs.

Attached: 1454803536555.jpg (413x395, 115K)