Possession of a DIAS is the same as having a FA machine gun

>possession of a DIAS is the same as having a FA machine gun
>possession of an HK autosear, UZI FA bolt are not illegal because they are not considered the machine gun

Explain the logic of this to me please. I understand both a HK sear and UZI bolt require modification to be used in semi-auto firearms whereas the DIAS doesnt, is that the only difference? The ATF truly are the masters of arbitary and illogical lows.

Attached: nfadias-01.jpg (251x166, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uzitalk.com/reference/pages/article_firepower1985march.htm
rocketffl.com/atf-ruling-81-4-drop-in-auto-sear-dias/
newfrontierarmory.com/shop/m-16-full-auto-lpk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

One is drop in ready to go, the other two are not. Same reason I can own an M16 auto sear

>DIAS doesnt
Define doesn't.

no. The UZI auto bolt has to have a receiver BUILT to take it, or modified, this just requires you to put in an M-16 fire control group because unlike the bolt this is literally just the autosear.
Possession of the HK pack also requires a specific trigger housing.
Basically this is the LAST part while there's still other parts needed to deal in the other things.

no you just slot the UZI bolt and you are good to go you stupid nigger. Same thing with the HK housing, just remove some of the metal in the front of the trigger pack and it drops in. 20 minutes of work on either.

>uzitalk.com/reference/pages/article_firepower1985march.htm

Define retarded
>Drop
>In
>Auto
>Sear

Go ahead and put it in your PSA lower, it's not going to do shit. Retard.

all you need is M16 fire control parts. Which are not restricted.

Hence, "define drop in". You can't just put it into a semi auto AR-15 and have it work. It requires modification. Come on, stop being retarded.

Wow youre fucking dense, swapping parts is not modification faggot. Goddamn you ar15 fucks are the worst

>changing a thing is not a modification
Wow, you ESL fucks are the worst.

If you aren't adding or removing metal its not "modifying" you honda driving, ar15 shooting, premade meal ordering faggot.

No YOU'RE the dense one. Most lowers on the market, especially cheaper ones, have a shelf SPECIFICALLY to prevent full auto parts from being dropped in. This shelf has to be milled down to work, hence, modifications made.

>Most lowers on the market
Hahahahahaha poorfag revealed

And legally speaking, yes, swapping parts is in fact, modifying. Change a pistol brace to a stock, well you just modified a pistol into an SBR, congratulations.

The dictionary doesn't agree with you.

>especially cheaper ones
READ YOU STUPID NIGGER.

Ive never personally held one with a shelf.

Just how cheap you talking?

rocketffl.com/atf-ruling-81-4-drop-in-auto-sear-dias/
The atf does, reee all you want drop in sears are machine guns because swapping a safety lever out isnt considered a modification to the gun.
>poorfags with bushmaster lowers btfo'd
>retards thinking Merriam Webster means shit to the US federal government btfo'd
Bye bitches.

The word modification is nowhere in this. No one is arguing that the DIAS isn't an MG since the definition of MG now includes 'parts solely intended for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun'.

It has nothing to do with whether it requires modification or not.

Ok fine. By your definition of modifcation installing the sear is a modification. There your logic is far superior to my own. I have been eternally blessed to have faced you m'gentleman.

you need a new bolt carrier in most HK's too. In most civilian bolts the auto sear engagement surface is milled off

What lowers do you have?

all NoDak Spud retro lowers kek. I have a modern Colt 20 inch but Ive never broken it down to clean it.

Yeah go ahead and check that colt real quick.

Attached: SmartSelect_20181220-145017_Firefox.jpg (716x1816, 298K)

Nice to know your fire control group that you are taking out and the new one your putting in arent metal, you tard.

What’s the point in companies doing this? Also this just proves nodak is top tier.

Basically to cover their ass if someone gets caught with an unregistered MG.
>well our lowers are made specifically to prevent that so its not our fault
Some companies don't care because reasons? Either way they should just go with an industry standard, either high or low.

nice try ATF

Can you fullretard an ak by bypassing the disconnector?

No. Generally the only thing that works on are open bolt weapons, hence why the KG-9 and several other open bolt semis became considered an MG.

Oh wow, so you just have to permanently alter the gun to get it to work?
And you don't have to for a DIAS?
Wow, it's like I'm really talking to a moron.

dum

>>uzitalk.com/reference/pages/article_firepower1985march.htm
nope, youre retarded. theyre commonly low shelf now

Fpbp

It is drop in because I can drop it into my standard ar-15 with the correct fcg. The semi shit is stupid unless your rocking a comp trigger there's no reason not to have a auto fcg.

>Hurr Durr he's putting metal parts in therefore removing meterial from the receiver
Nu Jow Forums needs to die

That turns it into a slamfie handcannon with no means to reliabley stop the bolt from cycling, causeing it to dump the mag even if you let go of the trigger

Do DIASs allow for single shot or does it make the gun only full auto with the sear in

A DIAS simply replicates a real AR-15 auto sear without cutting or adding holes to the receiver. So anything you could do with a real auto sear, you can do with a DIAS.

Forgive me if I'm ignorant, but when I release the trigger on my tapco trigger group the hammer comes to a stop no matter the state of the disconnector

newfrontierarmory.com/shop/m-16-full-auto-lpk/
true

No. Only alter a Fa bolt. You don’t have to do anything to the gun itself.

>t. Dad has a registered bolt.

You're not ignorant. The sear would still catch the hammer like normal and it would not run away. However, without a disconnector, you will either have hammer-follow-bolt conditions (gun will not fire) or out of battery detonations (bad). This disconnector catches the hammer until the sear can re-engage the hammer when you release the trigger which prevents these from happening. An auto sear provides a means of catching and releasing the hammer automatically with the correct timing such that the hammer will strike the bolt at the right time to fire.

>ready to go
>requires extensive milling to the trigger group pocket for it to fit

Thanks for that. After some more independent research and testing on my rifle I think the tail of the bolt carrier means I won't have out of battery detonation but light primer strikes instead. I wonder if you could modify it with a stiffer spring to try and outrun the hammer? Or maybe stiffen the hammer spring? Or probably just buy a fa trigger group for shtf. Who knows. Some folks say commerical ammo will fire with light primer strikes. And some say you can sharpen the firing pin to overcome this. It's all just a novelty at best. Hazard at worst.

I have always wondered why you couldn't just keep a DIAS in two/three pieces and just snap it together when/if needed.

It seems like it would be legal but who knows.

>seems like
it seems like you are retarded

>mocking someone for admitting their lack of knowledge
How does that raw potato taste user? You get held enough by yr mom? Did your dad hit you for asking questions? Who hurt you?