Isn't the Ruger corporation basically the Black & Decker of the firearm world?

Isn't the Ruger corporation basically the Black & Decker of the firearm world?

Attached: Black and Decker Rice Cooker.jpg (412x412, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stahlwilletools.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nope

If you mean they make quality weapons for reasonable prices, then sure.

>implying that ruger makes quality weapons, rather than castings made of indisn poo iron

Nah, dick and pecker isn't very good. At least Ruger makes some decent stuff.

That’s SIG, bruh

more like Craftsman Tools
If you break it they replace it new

Attached: 8545024_01_ruger_p944t_40_640.jpg (853x640, 43K)

Try cold hammer forged, bozo. They used to be shit, I'll give you that, but they have come a long way. That being said, Bill Ruger is a lib basedlord.

Old craftsman maybe, current stock is just Chinese shit

B&D is fucking trash so no.

This. We are kind of derailing by talking about tools but old craftsman is wayyy tougher than the new shit. If you can get your hands on some craftsman from the 1900s don't hesitate.

Boomer logic

If you think all casting is the same you need to read a book. Ruger investment casts. Just because century and io sand cast ak trunions that failed repeatedly does not mean that all casting is bad. Investment casting is just about the most expensive and time consuming casting you can do and has the quality to match. It takes about a week to make one investment mold as where sand casting typically produces much worse surface finish and mechanical properties.

>all castings are bad
Take a materials or manufacturing processes course and you will see some casting methods are great

Actually Hi-Point is the Craftsman of Guns. If you break or do anything to a HI-Point they will replace it for life!

Ruger is more like say...SONY
You buy a SONY product and you know it works, if not you know they will remedy the problem toot sweet. I love the Sturm Ruger Company, they make GREAT THINGS FUN

Attached: 45146-DEFAULT-l.jpg (1350x900, 158K)

What would a Hilti be?

Some quality but overpriced offshoot stuff that is only used by real professionals or larpers that really isn’t much better than what you find at the local big box store, so..... SCAR maybe?

Nope. Black and Decker makes waaaaay more different models.

Interesting. How about Bosch?

Hmmmm
Middle of the road, decent quality, somewhat well known but still kinda uncommon to see.
How about we go with Stoeger?

Whats wrong with sig?

it sour

Hi point is the offbrand chinesium of guns. Craftsman makes quality tools.
FN

sour af my dude

>Stoeger
I just looked up their shotguns, pretty nice. Last one, how about Festool?

>Hi point is the offbrand chinesium of guns.
You literally don’t know what you are talking about.
It’s a long standing American company with tough, utilitarian tools and a warranty second to none.

Since Stanley Black and Decker bought Craftsman a lot is being made in the USA again. Their hand tools and their brushless 20V power tools should be made in America now.

Expensive and impractical Snowflake specialty crap people only buy to say they have.
That’s a Magnum Research Deagle brand Desert Eagle all day long.

I'm looking at getting some basic bitch power tools new to home improvement shit for my place and I'm leaning towards hilti, am I dun goofing?

Well, I’m a construction user.
My opinion is Nu-Ryobi (Green) is hard to beat for the typical homeowner.
Their new lithium batteries are legit, as are the brushless tools. You can just take it into any HomeDepot and swap it for a free one if you break it, too.
No point in spending more if you aren’t depending on them to earn your living with.

hey man HI Point actually make rugged accurate firearms. You just dont want to be caught using, owning or being killed by one

Attached: 4484A3B2-EC48-4361-9E62-E9C0AA71BD59-279-000000266E31FD9E.jpg (666x475, 61K)

>Nu-Ryobi (Green)
>Their new lithium batteries are legit, as are the brushless tools. You can just take it into any HomeDepot and swap it for a free one if you break it, too.
That's pretty nice. Like how you can just walk in and swap if shit breaks or goes wrong. Thanks, user.

What's the Snap On of the gun world?

Good luck with your project, user.
ALWAYS wear your safety glasses!

Let’s see....
It’s over priced, over hyped stuff that is decent, but mostly riding on boomers that only know about it’s branding and never actually used it, so I’d say it’s the company we currently know as S&W

Not S&W, I'd argue B&T fits that bill sans boomers.

no, snap-on is what mechanics buy off a truck that pulls up like an ice cream truck where he buys new tools after ripping off your dumb ass on an oil change. good quality but purchased through dishonesty & thievery

Attached: 1552052323146.jpg (575x575, 60K)

>Good luck with your project, user.
Tbh I don't have one yet, Constructionanon. I just looked around one day after needing some basic stuff that I didn't really have anything or it was like literal hand type tools. But now I should prob make a little Jow Forums related project.

Attached: KaleidoscopicAromaticAmphiuma-small.gif (327x251, 747K)

B&T is Swiss tho, right?

Just one bit of advice, user. Wait for the project to come up, figure out what you need and buy your tools accordingly
Don’t just go max your credit card at Home Depot getting 1 of everything, then look for a project to do.

Yes, and? It's still a company that produces untested molded polymer/extruded aluminium firearms that Amerilards gobble up because they have a "muh Schweiz tax".

Hmmmmm
Are they Fast&Furious scandal guns, then?
But still, I think S&W is a good fit.
Old dudes that have never turned a wrench in their lives tell me Snap On is the best all the time.

yeah well that ice cream truck of tools doesnt just ring his bells looking for a sale. Hes also a predator

Attached: 1552025822396.jpg (547x735, 41K)

Solid advice. Will do. Tbh I was just planning on getting a 12v, circular saw and maybe some random other cordless something.

If you’ve ever flown on a plane, you’d shit your pants on just how much of the engine is made from casting.
Casting doesn’t mean automatic shit.

Exactly what he quoted, shitty poo in loo parts with no QC and abysmal failure rates and oversights.

Ruger is more like Dewalt, imo.

They use made in india parts but charging prices indicate otherwise.

Not boomer logic, just look at the size of box end of the wrenches I bought around 2011 that are USA made compared to the chinese ones you can buy now and you'll see the newer ones are fatter because they're made of shit steel.

The important thing with hi-point is that they’re not charging you $$$. They know what they are and their priced accordingly.

>circular saw
cuts off thumb first try

Ruger = DeWalt
Sig = Milwaukee's consumer lines
Hi Point = Craftsman
Glock = Klein, but Glock mags are Ryobi
Springfield = Makita
Walther = Bosch
HK = Milwaukee's contractor lines

I would say SIG is HERCULES cordless tools

Kek you're prob right but if my dad wasn't such an asshole and died when I was a little kid i'd have had him teach me some shit but i've got to learn on my own unfortunately. Unless theres some classes I can take i've got to just be careful if not i'll have a story to tell idk. Maybe i'll wait on the saw.

Attached: 200.gif (244x200, 1.03M)

Go watch the New Yankee Workshop
You will learn everything

this would be Sturm Ruger

Stahlwille
stahlwilletools.com/

I will give you that they are patrician tools

>Go watch the New Yankee Workshop
Holy fuck I think I'm going to now build a bookcase. Thanks, user.

I want to make cool grips for my Tokarev with a stump of olive wood im drying out

Attached: 1349316893_1.jpg (625x351, 70K)

Cheers user.
Like I said, wear you safety glasses

That would be nice. Not a huge Tok guy(for you) but like their look.
>Like I said, wear you safety glasses
Will do, user. Thanks for all the info.

btw is welding/metal work a hobby something an amateur with very limited construction background could get into? do you need to go to trade school to do that kind of stuff hobby wise?

do it nerd

or make a djembe drum

Attached: djembe.jpg (500x500, 45K)

I was always a Matco guy sans about 3 snapon tools, but I ain't about that life anymore

I carved some Beretta grips out of oak once, but sadly I don't have that gun or that laptop anymore. One of these days I need to pick up a tok to fuck around with though. I really want to bob or spur the hammer and slap a S&W rib and sights on it like old custom 1911s

For hobby shit, no. If I can learn by reading a book on shop class with no supervision then you can learn with a cheap Lincoln and some scrap. Before you start welding on guns though be aware of how easy it is to fuck up a heat treat

Magpul is

Century Arms is the Black and Decker

Constructionanon from earlier here
I actually started in metal working and was a fabricator in a mine before moving to wood construction.
I find it easier desu.
Don’t waste your time with fluxcore welding. Either learn stick, mig or tig.
I find stick (7018 in particular) the easiest , then tig, then mig, but that’s the order I learned in from my dad. I guess people that learned “the right way” say mig is the easiest.
If you are metal working, ALWAYS WEAR GLASSES PLUS A FACE SHIELD. My little brother almost went blind from a grinding wheel disintegrating even though he was wearing glasses but no shield.

Based and truth-pilled

Makes me wonder what tool company IO is.