He owns multiple weapons and thousands of rounds of ammunition

>he owns multiple weapons and thousands of rounds of ammunition
>no ifak, no tourniquet or any sort of training and preparation for an injury

Why is this user? Everyone here has figured out that dialing 911 won’t make a police officer magically appear to help you in a violent situation, the same goes for dialing 911 for an EMS to come and treat a life threatening wound, especially if it’s a scene of violence like a self defense shooting. The police have to get there first then figure out if it’s safe to call EMS in. Someone can die in less than a minute from an arterial bleed.

A CoTCCC approved tourniquet such as a SOFTTW or CAT along with trainer duplicates for them and Quick Clot Combat Gauze if employed correctly can be the difference between saving a life whether it’s yours or someone else’s. If you carry a gun for self defense, it would also be wise to carry an IFAK you know how to use.

Attached: 17048EAE-655E-454D-884A-4C35E21811F2.png (696x398, 414K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jems.com/articles/print/volume-41/issue-40/special-focus-gearing-up-for-active-shooter-tactical-high-threat-incidents/tourniquets-in-field-management-of-active-bleeding.html
lmgtfy.com/?q=how long can you leave a tourniquet on?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he posts blogs to Jow Forums

So we're having this thred again?

>self defense shooting
They're better off dead so they can't sue me for damages in civil court and don't rot in prison wasting tax-payer money.
>self-inflicted injury
Just turn it into a suicide and don't live with the shame.

But I do have an ifak senpai. I carry a trauma kit in my car and usually have some z folded gauze, quick clot sponge, and a RATS in my pocket.

>be in state that requires immediate first aid to be given to perp, even if done by the defensive shooter (since you WERE there to hear and witness your own shot)
>use gat in self defense
>perp is bleeding out
>comence chest compressions
>continue to bleed out, now with a few cracked ribs
>can not be hit in court for not providing first aid

What people’s republic do you live in that requires you give first aid to someone who just attacked you?

Drives off on his hyabusa motorcycle doing 170mph with no helmet

Attached: IMG_1069.jpg (750x673, 120K)

but dezzu sinpie

Attached: D0238AC8-0DEE-4A6D-8018-C3B0D6099CDF.jpg (4032x3024, 2.68M)

One run by liberals clearly.

What's the bare minimum needed for first-aid then? Not something ridiculous. Something that I can keep on my person at the very least?

MN, as I have understood the law as it is written in my homestate. Something to the regard of hearing or witnessing a shooter, you must provide first aid when safe to do so. Obviously, that would include the defensive shooter since you heard and witnessed your own shots.

I have no idea of it anyone here has been slapped woth this. So why take the chances? Also, you get to crack the ribs of the fucker.

>tfw would faint from seeing blood anyway so why bother

Cops don't care about saving anyone but themselves.

EMT fag here

If you need a tourniquet in a SHTF scenario you're fucked anyways. Most of these types of medical interventions are just temporary solutions to get you to a hospital. There is no hospital in a SHTF scenario. You'll just be delaying your painful death hoping for the extremely unlikely chance your mortal wound will heal itself without proper medical attention.

Attached: 1483159115846.png (720x486, 240K)

Not OP, but a CAT and a quikclot dressing will do. Anything less doesn’t need immediate care.
I used to say CPR mask, but you don’t even have to give breaths anymore

What about a real life scenario?

SHTF can mean a lot of things.

Gonna give this another (you). If you leave a tourniquet on too long you can say bye bye to that limb. If you ever need to use one, which generally isn't a good idea, always write down or remember the time of application and tell the EMT.

>If you leave a tourniquet on too long
Define too long based on medical papers plz

see
I swear every time someone hears SHTF on this board they envision an extremely specific scenario in mind and apply it every time anyone says SHTF.

>"Oh I'm sorry Mr. Officer, CPR is out of my scope of practice."

Attached: FmHD5W0ShLSYZ0rwa9huRJ_vNSDEEY7hXJVHvm3sTEU.jpg (640x835, 49K)

Here have your spoonfeed:

jems.com/articles/print/volume-41/issue-40/special-focus-gearing-up-for-active-shooter-tactical-high-threat-incidents/tourniquets-in-field-management-of-active-bleeding.html

I don't there won't be at least some kind of makeshift clinics operating in a SHTF scenario. Most modern medicine is all bullshit anyways, so I'm sure that it will do in a pinch.

Nigger that doesn’t say how long one can be on before loss of limb is likely

I have a KAT and Israeli bandage in my edc bag. More concerned about stacy merging into me while I'm on a motorbike then getting shot desu. I also where high-viz. yes I am pretty cool

Oh fuck my bad dude, here i got you:

lmgtfy.com/?q=how long can you leave a tourniquet on?

Notating the time is important, but they can be left on for a considerable amount of time before it really becomes an issue. Assuming your on your way to a proper hospital. Within the golden hour would be preferable, but in the window of 2-3 hours and the limb is still salvageable.

Contents of the NAR Eagle Ifak

I built mine last year. I should make a second and take it with me in my car. I'm sure I'm missing a stuff others would consider essential, but just having one at all is a step ahead of most people.

> requested wilderness first aid training since we are often in remote areas and the ambulance isn't going to get there for hours
> 2 days of put a bandaid on it and call for help
Most first aid classes are garbage...

Carry tampons and rup it on something gross before plugging the bullet hole. Hopefully hell get sepsis even if he make it to a hospital.

I also live in MN. Here anyway, calling 911 and getting a medical response coming in addition to law enforcement counts as rendering medical aid. Assuming you aren't an EMT or other medical responder, then you gotta do more

You sound like a fake expert, while it's true that you can't leave tourniquet on forever or anything it usually literally takes hours for one to cause serious damage. Way better than bleeding out in minutes, and quite possibly enough time to get you to the neighborhood stitcher upper capable of providing superior medical care than what any human could have ever hoped to receive prior to the last 100ish years. Lots of photos laying around of maimed and disfigured civil war vets for anybody to look at, this whole concept of a bug bite being a death sentence in SHTF because there aren't any hospitals is memery. Post persec redacted credentials with timestamp and bandaid, fake expert.

>RATS
Enjoy bleeding out.

Depends on the use. TQ and Quick Clot, maybe some chest seals.

Not this guy, but as an aside, isn't it possible that the reason statistics regarding losing limbs with tourniquets is because tourniquets allowed the guy (who would have died) to live long enough to lose a limb (that was so damaged that they would have lost it anyway)? So it would be like how head injuries sky rocketed after helmets were introduced, because those people were not having their heads blown off and instead got injuries instead. The guys who would have bled out instead either live, or live and lose a limb (that without a tourniquet, they may have lost anyway if they did somehow live).

This, I have an IFAK for my car and one on my LBV

I have though

Attached: 1551359102814.jpg (784x784, 144K)

but in boy scouts I was taught to not use a tourniquet unless they were going to lose the limb

As was I in basic
That’s what happens when training doctrine is based on Cold War era war fighting

>but in boy scouts I was taught to not use a tourniquet unless they were going to lose the limb
Not really true. If you see
>Pooled Blood
>Spurting blood (not just oozing, but fucking shooting feet in the air or shooting out of the wound)
>Major injury like a partial amuptation
You should throw a TQ on. You can go unconscious in 10 seconds, and die in 90 from some arterial bleeds. Losing the limb isn't very likely and even if it was, its better to lose a leg than die.

Isn't some level of the old training based on tourniquets that were much thinner than the large strapped ones we have today? Those cut off circulation (in a bad way) and definitely damaged the tissue. Bands have been getting wider and wider, allowing for application that doesn't damage tissue (as much).

No way in hell this would ever stand up in the Supreme Court.

It’s not so much the width of the TQ that matters. Our understanding of restoring blood flow and the progression of medical technology has come a long way. Several decades ago they didn’t have that ability.

>Bands have been getting wider and wider, allowing for application that doesn't damage tissue (as much).
Thats actually the opposite of whats happening. Bands are getting wider allowing for MORE blood to be stopped. The goal with a TQ is to stop all blood circulation in that limb. We just have a better understanding of treatment and know how long they can stay on. The wars in the middle east have vastly expanded our trauma treatment understanding.

Last I checked wider tourniquets seem safer because they stop the blood flow at less pressure.

Yes, we want more blood to be stopped, but in a safe way. From my reading, it seems that wider tourniquets allow for more blood stoppage with less pressure, which is what makes it safer. Applying too much pressure with a tourniquet is what causes the tissue damage, and I'm assuming its much easier to apply incorrect pressure with a thin band because you need more pressure to get the same blood stoppage as a wider band would.

>Applying too much pressure with a tourniquet is what causes the tissue damage
Partially true, you are causing tissue damage from the pressure, and narrow bands do cause more pressure over a smaller area. But narrow bands don't stop enough blood flow. Thats the reason for wider bands. But the major tissue damage that causes limb loss isn't from the band itself, it's from cell death in the limb resulting from lack of blood flow.

Go to bed Josh

>The wars in the middle east have vastly expanded our trauma treatment understanding.

Don’t tell me you’re trying to use knowledge gained from two decades of war regarding troops being saved by tourniquets while keeping their limbs as a data point on the effectiveness of tourniquets!

Jokes aside, the GWOT has gave the civilian sector a great deal of knowledge on how to manage trauma, some people willingly disregard this and spout bullshit again and again.

Attached: 6E7FCEEB-AF89-443B-8C9E-CE977A077EDD.jpg (323x323, 27K)

Also from MN. Carry permit instructor said to give aid. That could include your untrained cpr method of stomping on the guys chest

Where do I start?

soon as the bio-mon reads injuries, Trauma Team is in the air en-route in 180 seconds or less. I wouldn't even have the tourniquet on before they show up.