/akg/ AK General

AK General /akg/
Stay Warm Edition
>Thread #788

Old thread here

Attached: 1546458960278.jpg (804x537, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
theakguy.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>AK Buyer's Guide

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva

Can't wait to hit the outdoor range again now that it's getting warmer in shitcago. I gotta get the fuck out of this state. Is NW Indiana complete shit? I don't want to find a new job in a new city.

Attached: feels.jpg (2576x1932, 2.01M)

Indiana has some of the best gun laws in the country. NW Indiana is a shithole.

The tab on the mag or the mag release?

On the mag, why would you modify the rifle to accommodate shitty mags?

fugg. might have to find a new job somewhere. I like Philly...

>TB is selling his kit
Traitor

Talk to me about the terminal ballistics of the 7.62x39.
It can’t be as complete shit as everyone says. 9mm FMJ what the fuck.

I shot a squirrel with a 7.62 hollow point once. They make an absolute mess of whatever they hit.

Perfectly accurate inside 1000'
If you buy ammo with a good design (GT, M67) it yaws like a motherfucker in soft tissue.

Good penetration close range versus 5.56 but drops more than a 5.56 long range. It hurts to get hit by one

Who?

Good 7.62x39 like Vympel or the Yugo stuff shits all over M193 or M855 if you're in an environment where you might have to shoot through concealment.

It will kill anything pretty well within the ranges most firefights occur. There are better rounds out there, especially for armored opponents, but it’s cheap, fun to shoot, and most weapons it goes into chew it up without any complaint

I have been reading about AKs for years and I would like one, but they seem kinda expensive compared to ARs. Has anyone here hunted deer with 7.62x39 AK? If so, how was it? It seems like a better round for deer than 5.56

Alright AKniggers, help me figure out what's going wrong with my Jow Forumsalash. Every couple rounds it misfires. Seems to me like the hammer isn't being reset because the trigger stays dead. However, the action is cycling enough to chamber a new round. Also, the rounds that get misfired are showing a dimple on the primer. Tulammo 7.62x39 through a Romanian G if it makes a difference.

My best guess is carbon build up either choking out the gas port or causing friction between the piston and gas tube, allowing the action to cycle, but not reliably? So I'm going to deep clean it, but can anyone think of anything else to keep an eye peeled for? The port dosent LOOK obstructed, but I dunno.

Attached: PhotoGrid_1552178142525.jpg (2048x3641, 3.42M)

Not a great hunting round unless you're close. Soft points aren't terrible but there are much more effective hunting rounds.

Sorry, replied to old thread
Pardon my nigger grinding job the the rear of the magazine is too thick, picture is of a new Croatian magazine from AimSurplus and what I had to do to get it to fit my Wasr

Attached: 1E476618-2FB7-4437-AEF3-FBE47ACBC330.jpg (1788x1865, 767K)

Here’s a picture of the Pmag that came with the Wasr, notice the taper on the rear of the mag compared to yours or the Croatian one I had to modify to fit

Attached: 030767D5-DD8B-44BE-BC29-6F65ED1B1C62.jpg (1765x1890, 496K)

wait a minute, you said the trigger isn't resetting but then you said you're getting light primer strikes?

are you having both trigger reset issues and light strikes (click but no bang)?

also, how many rounds through the rifle? is this a new issue? tried a different batch/brand of ammo in case you just have a bad lot? barnaul/GT has a better rep than tula

The Hmong up here hunt with AKs and SKS quite often, it gets compared as close to 30-30 WCF, where I hunt innawoods I can’t make more then a 150yrd shot at most and many deer I’ve taken were under 100yrds, going to hit the range a bunch this year and give it a try this year

M43 7.62x39 FMJ = 9mm FMJ. Luckily there's no reason to use M43 any more. The M67 tumbles much better, and soft/hollow points are an improvement over that.

No click, just a dead trigger. Best guess is the firing pin is still protruding a bit from the bolt face when it closes again and is dimpling the primer?
Its new to me, but obviously used. The parts kit is from 1980, god only knows when the gun was assembled. This was the first 60 rounds I'd put through it, so I dunno what it's round count is. Got it from the used shelf at the LGS so I don't have any history for it.

If the hammer isn't reset and is still pressing against the back of the bolt when it closes that'd probably push the pin forward enough to cause the primer dimples.

Just realized my picture is all retarded. Here's one where you can actually see the bottom two...

Attached: PhotoGrid_1552179317693.jpg (2048x3641, 3.53M)

I came to terms with a nice gentleman on the files for an unfired Tiger Dragunov at $6,500. Today was a glorious day.

This is how they are now, pre grinding. I have a few to fuck around with but they already look tapered. Should’st I grind it even lower, or maybe file down the front tab?

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 864K)

I killed deer with an SKS for like 5 years.

Similar ballistically to .30-30. Buy the Hornady VMax shit.

So on a misfire - youve got a mushy trigger and the hammer is already forward?
The retaining hook on the trigger may not be arresting the hammer sufficiently, which is bypassing the trigger sear and riding the back of the bolt carrier as it closes..

This is where the mag gets stuck rocking it in. Please tell me I’m being a retard and putting the front of the mag in too far. Elsewise these things need a ludicrous amount of filing

Attached: 0F013650-0E5D-4AFA-A6D3-8ECB623ABEED.jpg (4032x3024, 2.33M)

So for real, who the fuck is going to knit mag-booties for us?

Attached: 1542325324369.png (779x899, 300K)

What’s up fellow shillinois friend

>So on a misfire - youve got a mushy trigger and the hammer is already forward?
Exactly
>The retaining hook on the trigger may not be arresting the hammer sufficiently, which is bypassing the trigger sear and riding the back of the bolt carrier as it closes..
Hmm... I'm not seeing any excessive wear on the hammer or the sear surfaces

Not AK related, but this seems like the best place to ask.
Does anyone know where I can find a demilled PKM receiver?

VLTOR

What part of Chicongo are you from? I’m originally from Lincoln Park

Move to Wisconsin

>move to the state that just started handing out drivers license to illegal aliens
Sounds like jumping from a sinking ship to a ship that's also sinking just not as fast

You have shit in the fireing pin channel. Clean and you will c a difference

The ak guy rifles gtg?

Wat

theakguy.com

I had the same issue with a Saiga I converted, I used some original trigger parts and parts from a new trigger kit.
I fixed it my filing a small bit of material off the bottom of the hammer retainer, which angles it forward giving it more positive hammer retention.

Attached: 537906.jpg (880x660, 55K)

Romy parts kit, just get a wasr

Are there any that arent built by century? Im not an ak guy myself and just want a quality gun, theakguy is in my home state so i figured i would ask akg

Where were you when you realized Ivan is a furry?

Attached: IMG_20190309_215240.jpg (3753x2574, 1.26M)

all wasr's are imported rifles from romania, all century does is get them ready for the american market through 922r compliance; which means putting in a tapco trigger, shitty soft wood, etc. they dont actually build the rifle, unlike the ras47 and c39 shits

Attached: 1491549264361.jpg (800x1200, 172K)

Ah, maybe that's the issue. It's got a Tapco G2 trigger in it. Probably isn't playing nice with the OEM parts.

if its your first ak maybe try to find a used (

bet you live in Charlotte fag

Haha i aint no nigger, boy.

>also buying a used rifle means you will avoid a lemon
Oh sweet child

It could be you’re trying to insert it with the front too far in, what I did which helped a lot was to take off the dust cover and bolt carrier and see where it was hitting internally

tfw no g.f. to knit me some AK cozies

Attached: SadDog.jpg (424x424, 48K)

I want an ak mobile wallpaper now

Put it on your fridge pussy

Attached: 20190310_003744.jpg (4032x3024, 3.32M)

was 2017 the year the AK died?

hello friend
I'm from philly, been in this shit hole since 2014. great city but a doomed city and a doomed state long term
like this feller said Wisconsin has its own issues. sinking ships all around

Attached: IMG_2371.jpg (600x800, 160K)

i get the whole ak meme but clean your gat dude

Attached: 1524423322869.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

Based Kurds are based again

well fucking played

Attached: mm.png (192x185, 79K)

i want to thank my mom for not aborting me

Attached: 1528610778344.jpg (397x525, 22K)

hey /akg/ i bought a izmash saiga ak74 as my first ak for 950$, how’d i do

praise be to yevgeny

Attached: IMG_2379.jpg (600x800, 140K)

I want to thank ur mom for letting me sperm in her vajingis

depends who built it nikka

Attached: asASas.jpg (1620x1080, 380K)

So everybody got their VEPRs before the ban?

mad respect 2 u 2 homie

You are struck with preban Norincos/Maadis/Hungarians/Valmuts.

looks exactly like yours, says the fime group on the side

you made out amazingly. welcome to akg my son

Does anyone know what folding stocks are compatible with the Beryl rear trunnions found on the Fox rifles?

Attached: 586AE7DB-A1F8-49ED-8928-DBA78E2B5E94.jpg (334x440, 17K)

im going to own a tiger dragunov send me 300 bucks and ill put it up my ass

Hope you plan to swap the furniture for plastic, would look more appropriate for that type of receiver.

kys low tier b8

Attached: DSC_0104.jpg (1620x1080, 358K)

>tastelet
It's like putting wood on a 100-series.

Attached: s-1756.jpg (2048x1536, 1.61M)

thanks user

now where’s the best place to buy furniture/mags/ammo?

>It's like putting wood on a 100-series
Is it?

Attached: 1423698191180.jpg (1919x887, 357K)

Atlantic firearms builds ak's off romy kits but they are all sold out atm. Just get a wasr, wasr uf looks sweet

tell me why i shouldnt zenitdonk a draco in current year

Attached: L O U D.jpg (1504x2016, 176K)

>zenitdonk a draco
Elaborate

i cant find any good pics of it online, but draco with sba3/usmachinegun adapter/ zenit dust cover/lower hg
thats about it desu

woops, also zenit charging handle extension

You really need all that rail estate? Because it would be heavy for little utility it gives.

Fucking do it. What does anyone else's opinion really matter?
It doesn't sound like a total abomination, although I wouldn't agree with the SB3.
I'd personally do a G-Rex and Tailhook, but I'm pretty biased towards that brace. (but the G-Rex is backordered until who knows when)
Opinions vary.

That's why I was only doing the lower hg (for a light and possibly grip of some sort depending on how it feels) Was gonna keep the upper HG a wood though, probs grab a wood laminate upper hg online somewhere
I like having validation from my imaginary internet friends, might look into the tailhook as an alternative though

Anyone have an experience with the fighter brake? Is it good to go? Woth it over the 74 style? Looks cool enough, might get one

Attached: f242.jpg (500x375, 265K)

Get an AK-9 handguard and spend the rest on ammo.

Bonesteel/CNC Warrior. Or the old beryl folder if you can find one, they quit making it for a non folding collapsible one.

Attached: 20190225_175318.jpg (4032x1960, 2.16M)

Do 30-06 Csspec mags lock in on a closed bolt? I’m tired of having to hold the bolt open every time I load the five round factory mags.

Then don't hold it.

Hey. Is russtock.com legit? Anyone have any experience with them? Thanks in advance, lads.

Attached: IMG_5884.jpg (2448x3264, 970K)

What is good muzzle device for rifle? And of the compare of the slant brake, is worth it?

>says Izhmash
>depends who made it
Are you really that stupid?

Yes, i bought almost 1k of stuff from them. They seperated it into 3 packages and it took 2 months to get everything in. Not a problem though.

Akfiles, apex, and sometimes gunbroker.

Could always use more, but yeah for the most part.

Attached: B72F4726-9316-49B9-AC17-2E6CE77C1D2D.jpg (1837x3826, 668K)