S.T.A.L.K.E.R Thread?

Anybody on Jow Forums still play this? the thread on /vg/ fucking sucks, plus Jow Forums plays it better anyways

Attached: ss_murray_02-15-16_13-03-45_(l05_bar).jpg (1920x1080, 240K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chernobylgame.com/
youtu.be/aRz3MpwDXyc
youtu.be/5Jzw5QZCQg0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I still play it from time to time, not much anymore though, mods have gotten stale and all the mods I'm actually interested in are stuck in development hell (i.e. Gunslinger, Shoker 3, Ray of Hope).

arent they developing a new stalker game now or was that just a meme. i saw that new metro exodus game a while ago and it looked cool. its probably out by now now that i think about it since i saw the trailer like a year ago

Metro Exodus is out now, came out last month. As for STALKER 2, they made a website teasing a 2021 release, but it's not actually gonna come out by 2021, it was a publicity stunt to get a publisher interested in them.

Did it work? please i need this

Attached: 1499435881837.jpg (600x450, 60K)

I actually started Shadow of Chernobyl very recently. I'm not out of Cordon yet, but it's fun running around looking for artifacts and doing missions. The atmosphere is fucking incredible, I can't get over how well it's been done and how it holds up after over a decade.

Attached: stalkerwallpaper.jpg (1600x1200, 659K)

i play call of chernobyl mod with arsenal overhaul to get good guns

Misery and Dwarf Fortress after the only games I've really played this year thus far

Fuck I want to play these games

I’ll probably get some keys and play them this week for the 1st time

i think some of the devs got conscripted into the whole ukraine and russia conflict

I've been playing lots of Call of Chernobyl recently. Ironman and azazel mode.

Anomaly best mod

I miss old Jow Forums so bad guys... I miss fucking STALKER threads and dudes actually doing the stalker challenge and huge threads of people posting innawoods loadouts and writing character stories about them.

Fucking god damn getting drunk and seeing those comics about taking Sealand. Fucking nuggetfest when it was just a fledgling thing. I never got to go. It's not even old Jow Forums, just like 6 years ago Jow Forums.

Love you guys.

have sex

I think they worked something out with Epic Games, licensing the Unreal Engine for STALKER 2.

I would do innawoods shit, but I'm too much of a pussy to go alone and my only remotely Jow Forums-tier friend thinks innawoods is stupid, he prefers autistic primitive technology shit despite the fact he hasn't ever stepped foot in a forest before.

This. Anomaly is where STALKER modding is at, very active modding team, best stability (x64 engine finally), great atmosphere and the most realistic non autistic balance too date imo.

Check out the Dev blog in discord, they have a lot of shit coming for the next update, reworked Cordon, red forest, garbage, agroprom, outskirts and yantar, more bug fixes, more stream lined and developed advance weapon and outfit modification and repair, more weapons and outfits (including FAL), graphic improvements and seasonal textures in progress. If they streamline the LTTZ storyline a bit better I think it might be the most quintessential STALKER mod to date.

Attached: Anomaly-Logo-2.jpg (1024x768, 199K)

OLR is good

oh no.
i was hoping for improved xray engine

Are the new weapons their own creations or are they going to use a modpack from someone else?

Try Dead Air, it's really great but they haven't updated it for a long time now

Played for the cheeki breeki, stayed for the awesomeness of the game. Even the bugs are forgivable.

Get them from GoG if you have to buy them or get them from /vg/ the repo there has all the games.

Same guy as this post, been looking at getting a steam key for all 3 games via a 3rd party site (G2A? G2G? Something like that). Can I get a run down of what mods to install to make the game run great before I get it?
Should I read roadside picnic first? What game do you recommend to play 1st, chronological or other?

i will if you lend me your butthole bby

I started playing Shadow of Chernobyl recently for the first time and it's a great game so far. Just got out of the first sewer bit where you have to fight the nightmare fuel boy. It's a pretty great game I just haven't had time to play it much due to college and shitty teachers

>>>Play them in release order Zone Reclamation project should be fine to kill most of the bugs and crashes but it's only available for SoC and CS as for CoP it runs fine out of the box you can try the OWR mod for it though to get some nicer looking weapons.

Attached: 1441041818064.jpg (1920x1080, 333K)

Thanks

the Metro games use an upgraded version of the xray engine, I was going to shit on it but the devs have shown what its capable of
unreal engine should be great either way with superior physics and graphics

Anyone experimented with warfare in anomaly 1.5?
always seems like one faction takes all the important capture points early and btfos all the ones other than yours. Duty seems to be the only one that by default even spawns with their main base (the bar)

Attached: 1532189891141.jpg (1280x720, 431K)

>S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Attached: 1511369180765.jpg (1280x720, 274K)

Biggest stalker mod in existence OP 2.1 came out a month or so ago.

Stalker is the only vidya that has more of a place on /k than it ever will have on /vg. Its a part of this boards culture

get GOG keys on G2A, just bought all 3 games for about $2.70

Attached: IMG_6323.jpg (1080x1440, 696K)

chernobylgame.com/

Attached: IMG_6300.jpg (2448x3264, 636K)

Attached: IMG_5650.jpg (3264x2448, 2.13M)

Attached: IMG_8659.jpg (2448x3264, 989K)

Tell some stories, fellas

Pics are from different trips. Lots of abandoned farmland to explore (and some not so abandoned). No buildings to explore, unfortunately, but plenty of fun to be had hunting hogs and coyotes, dodging game wardens and moonshiners, and just generally having an excuse to go innawoods with your raifu. Started out as just me and my best bud, but more and more people come with us now. Fun times.

Holy fuck, I got hardcore addicted to this around this time last year...it was not good hahaha.

It is a beautiful, unforgiving game. I beat SoC and went straight into Clear Sky. Realized I was spending a lot of time on it and other shit was slipping. Was streaming at one point. Hopefully I can find some time to get into it again, really looking forward to finishing the series before the new one comes out.

My computer backgrounds are still STALKER themed lol.

Damn, you must have one tiny ass dick. My condolences, sweetie.

I'm more excited for Gunslinger than STALKER 2 desu
youtu.be/aRz3MpwDXyc
Thus Chechen madman is singlehandedly reanimating the entirety of CoP and doing shit with the engine that no one thought was possible.

Not me, but I’ll pass your condolences on to my friend. Thanks, gaylord.

I like it but I got burned out fast.

I just did a fresh install of SoC; What would you guys say is the must have mod. I'm looking for something that fixes bugs and improves the graphics/gameplay overall without ruining the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. experience.

Attached: Get out of here Stalker!.jpg (900x1359, 237K)

The atmosphere is what really drew me into SoC. I've yet to find a game that encapsulates the raw emotion of fear, desolation, and excitement like the Stalker series.

Attached: Bloodsucker in Ukraine.jpg (93x125, 2K)

youtu.be/5Jzw5QZCQg0

Um....What mod is this? I'd love a mod that puts at least some females in the game. You can't tell me there wouldn't be a few female Stalkers and a handful of "Pleasure Girls" in the Zone.

GAY
It isn't stalker without xray bugging out

Amen, Brother.

L.U.R.K was always a go to for me until I got hooked on CoC, solid mod that isn't over ambitious and adds a bunch of poorly implemented or half finished stuff to the game. Great balance, realism, atmosphere and does a great job with the graphics.

Attached: ak47.1.jpg (1382x1024, 1.29M)

Call of Chernobyl? Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Escape from Tarkov is basically a modern rendition of STALKER in a multiplayer format, but without the artifact/supernatural elements. The extremely punishing gameplay, dilapidated russian locations, and weapon and inventory management is all still there.

>in a multiplayer format
Ok, so it doesn't matter then.

I was addicted to szone-online (formerly stalker online) when it was new like 6-7 years ago. There used to be a Jow Forums clan on there where everyone in the clan would wear the same hat. It was a lot of fun at the time, was basically STALKER but as an mmo. You could capture bases and stuff and every saturday I think the bases would be capture-able so all the clans would have these massive battles to try and hold or conquer bases. The point of the bases was that each one had an NPC trader with the best gear you couldn't get anywhere else or you had to go extremely far to find it. I loved it because it had a real culture/history that was all player generated.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 236K)

are there any good stalker mods for arma 3? the pics of armstalker on google images look cool so i was thinking of buyin arma 3 to try it

Some people are into multiplayer. I know if I could hop into The Zone with a friend online to play cooperatively, like hell I would.

EFT is similar in that regard, where the bots and enemy players will fuck your shit right up, and it really helps to have a teammate.

Is the gameplay model actually good?
I remember seeing the initial trailers for it and being interested, but never followed it beyond hearing some people complaining about it when it released.

Don't play it unless you're a masochist that doesn't mind two bullets erasing an hour's worth of raiding.

Raids are incredibly rewarding when sucessful, and you can tailor your playstyle to how much you're willing to risk, but it SUCKS outfitting yourself with the best rare gear you can find, only to get ganked by some guy with a sniper rifle. You really have to strategize.

Is it still being developed or is it dead?
All I can remember is that dark filter that made things pitch black to the point where I had to constantly open up the inventory to see things without that damned filter or modify the files so that the guns wouldn't jump around so goddamn much or having to constantly swap out outfits because they degrade to nothing if you look at them wrong.

Gear fear makes the game unfun. Just remember that none of it is actually worth anything.

well ur time is worth money so if you value your time at 25/hr and you spend a couple hours getting something and then lose it then you lost about 50 bucks