Why did the US use M81 camouflage for so long when it was worse than third world Africam even in the jungle?

Why did the US use M81 camouflage for so long when it was worse than third world Africam even in the jungle?

Attached: 1965843454.jpg (740x657, 224K)

Because M81 woodland was perfect for the African jungle.

Attached: ameriball.png (1000x518, 94K)

But it wasn't. It was worse than third world lizard patterns.

The army had a shit process for evaluation of new weapons and equipment after ww2. Look at the m14.

When (and if) you manage to not sound like a third world lizard I'll believe you.

Attached: bryne.jpg (675x683, 225K)

ERDL was developed when fading was still a major consideration for patterns, no one thought about this when it stopped being a problem.

That might actually be real.

Lizard is a French pattern though, and was designed specifically for operating in the jungles of Africa and Indochina, whereas M81 was designed to be a genric woodland pattern which would be ok for use in both North America and Europe.

Lizard Pattern was the shit, it should have never been phased out.

Attached: 2852b38ab4e00d14f16954f5c24a0e5a.jpg (448x298, 40K)

It's what boomers thought was state of the art despite already being like a 40 years old by that time.

This is the same military that allowed the Marines to PATENT the best military pattern of the three services, essentially banning the other two from getting to use said best camo.

What the hell military? Whose genius idea was that, to allow one service to prohibit the other two services from using the best camo?

Attached: DeckerPhotoBooth_zps19438fdf.jpg (800x600, 74K)

The marines have a good woodland and desert pattern, but a mixed camo pattern is pretty much good for most purposes.

Attached: arch-44012.png (1885x753, 354K)

>implying gear shouldn’t be solid neutral colors like the Chad ranger green

I'll bite...why should gear be solid colors instead of a camo pattern?

because the next conflict was expected to be with Russia and take place in Europe. that's also why all aircraft were painted in the same euro-camo btw, it works very good, if you ever served you would understand better

what movie?

Tears of the Sun. It's shit.

Tears of the Sun. It's brilliant.

>lizard patterns
I actually really like them. Like the gay cousin to tiger stripe.

so the enemy can see the outline of your huge balls

>M81
>bad
>US Military ditches BDUs and DCUs
>Iraq and Afghanistan end in utter disaster
>faggotry and Red-Army-under-Stalin-tier Marxist social engineering hijack the entire institution and recruitment standards plummet
>American society in general spiraling toward civil war or a serious Constitutional crisis at the very least

(((Coincidence)))? I think not. MultiSCAM is Jewish snakeoil at its worst

Attached: US Military before and after 2001.jpg (960x310, 118K)

>making a camo that is absolute shit at concealing you in both environments
>good

Attached: immense disappointment.png (575x175, 135K)

>M81
>bad
>US Military ditches BDUs and DCUs
>Iraq and Afghanistan end in utter disaster
>faggotry and Red-Army-under-Stalin-tier Marxist social engineering hijack the entire institution and recruitment standards plummet
>American society in general spiraling toward civil war or a serious Constitutional crisis at the very least

(((Coincidence)))? I think not. MultiSCAM and digital patterns in general are Jewish snakeoil at its worst

Attached: US Military before and after 2001.jpg (960x310, 118K)

What do you mean by fading? My cryes still fade lmao

Marines are the problem. You wouldn't have seen any other branch trying to pull this shit.

I'm all for hating kikes but didn't the Germans invent the first digi camo

Lie to me. Just don't lie to yourself.

Attached: 13423155431.jpg (1250x1025, 198K)

>I wonder who could be behind thi-
It's NBF. It's Nathan Bedford Forest.

Get the fuck out of this board. Nobody likes you.

Attached: KYS NBF.png (987x777, 47K)

Lizard pattern is designed for a jungle. M81 is not.