Thoughts on the SCAR 20s, the new civilian version of the MK20? Is it worth $4500?

Thoughts on the SCAR 20s, the new civilian version of the MK20? Is it worth $4500?

fnamerica.com/products/fn-scar-series/fn-scar-20s/

Attached: FN_Scar_20s_Rotators-1800x750.png (1800x750, 412K)

Other urls found in this thread:

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-carbine-length-chf-m4-5-56-1-7-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maybe when 6.5 creedmoor comes version out. A 20" .308 that does .8-.9 moa for $4500?

looks great, but .9 moa isn't much better than the normal SCAR or AR10. Price is high for what it is. I'd like one in black just for fun, but not at that price.

Looks immensely better, but it was hardly worth the price before, let alone now

>Is it worth $4500?
Probably not.

4500 can buy you a very good actual precision rifle. This is just a scar with different furniture and a 2x price markup.

All Scars are overpriced garbage

WHAAAT? A slightly modified AR18 in a polymer shell stamped with FNH isn't overpriced or garbage!!!
YoU pOoRfaG TrAsH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

oh god im gonna puke, what were they thinking?

Why do you even take those retards seriously. They are obviously asspained after their thorough assfucking by FN. Let them seethe

You misunderstand, it's a source of great amusement. The gift that keeps on giving.

Attached: 1551825846787m.jpg (1024x1019, 101K)

That is true. Always good comedy to see a retard try to justify his poor financial decisions by lashing out at intelligent people. Pretty much like niggers when you think of it

The typical Jow Forums scarnigger has an incredibly fragile ego and consistently one of the biggest chips on their shoulder, often characterized by a persistent and enduring need to reassure everyone of both their superiority and that they were correct in their purchase. Sunk cost fallacy in constant full swing. Extreme sensitivity and often volatile reaction to any and all criticism. It's fascinating that it’s never enough to have a good gun and be happy with it; there's always that crusade mentality where they want the worship or prestige of other posters.

>another pmag adapter

yawn

They should call it the SCAR heavier.

Why the fuck are they still using cheese grater rails?

And yet they're still one of the lightest battle rifles around in the 17 configuration. Pic rails are more rigid which is desirable for military use. Especially in this role where you will have IR lasers and some sort of clip on night vision optic.

>>another pmag adapter
It doesn't even take pmags, but you can get aftermarket lowers that will take them.

Attached: 1438544553736.jpg (1200x799, 667K)

I imagine a $4500 bolt action with serious glass, will out shoot the holy living fuck out of this scar.

this retarded

nice tits

yeah, but what's your dps?

Why would I buy a SCAR 17 when I could buy an original FAL Para for less?

>A 20" .308 that does .8-.9 moa for $4500?

Guaranteed MOA precision out of a cold hammer forged, hard chrome lined barrel and gas piston operated semi-auto rifle? Yeah, that's actually pretty good. The 20S isn't even that expensive when compared to other rifles of similar military pedigree like KAC or LMT, and in some ways its capabilities exceed theirs. People like me have been waiting for this rifle for a long time and the retail price surprisingly turned out to be far less than anticipated.

higher damage per bullet compensates for the lower ROF

A guy is selling one in 6.5CM on gunbroker right now.

>Is it worth $4500?

No, of course not lol, but it's still fucking cool

Attached: babbyscar.jpg (660x350, 29K)

poor detected.

i faced the conundrum a couple weeks ago and i ended up going with the 17 just because its lighter and more maneuverable. i have an lmt ar10 for precision dmr stuff. i always wanted the original scar so i got it. i would possibly get the 20 in the future.

6.5CM? Holy shit dicks where can I find one of those?
>Be chillin at the house
>Hear a crash
>Ohfuckrobbers.jpg
>Whip out my 6.5cm SCAR
>Pray to Colt Koch
>Sneak down stairs
>see 2 motherfuckers carrying my tv
>not this time bitch
>I fire at one of them
>His chest explodes
>demolishes tv
>he goes down
>Other dude starts to run
>fire three shots rapidly
>first one knocks hole in wall the size of a baby
>second hits the guys arm, it goes flying off with an arch of blood
>third hits his head, bullet goes through, taking his head with it
>tears top half of my front door completely off
>my arm is now broken in 8 places
>I can make my arm wiggle like my semi-flacid dick
>Have to go to hospital
>have to get new tv
>have to get new door
>mfw it's all worth it

Attached: mfw_65.gif (420x640, 602K)

But boolits are the same

Have you tried not being poor?

Attached: POORS_GET_OUT.png (670x838, 676K)

I'd never get one but i know scarfags have been wanting them for a long time so it's cool that there are more options. I'd rather see a scar 2.0 with updated features (mlok, non-recip ch, better BUIS, non proprietary mags, etc)
>why should i get an orange when i can get an apple for less?

Here are five of them, regular 20S on the left for comparison. It was project between Deadshot Barrels and Crusader Operator, email the later if you're interested in purchasing one.

Personally I'll be waiting for the official FN barrels to release before converting mine.

Attached: 53399786_829464210728475_2280676528083697664_n.jpg (720x960, 51K)

More like why would I buy a meme battle rifle when I could buy the most proven battle rifle in existence.

Never gets old or goes stale...

>and in some ways its capabilities exceed theirs.
based on what?

>based on what?

Based on it being a SCAR and everything that entails (gas operating system, quick change barrels, monolithic receiver, component durability, modularity, etc.) The SR series has notoriously been plagued with issues that Knights only recently has managed to settle. Accuracy wise, the accounts of numerous 20S owners report the SCAR is outshooting their SR-25 platforms. The 20S is also less susceptible to shooter technique influencing POA/POI impact shift according to some. Whereas the SR almost requires you to load the rifle and grip it tightly, the SCAR doesn't care how it's being held. The Mk20 also has no published limitation on maximum safe sustained fire rate, the M110 does. There are plenty of other factors that might sway your decision in favor of the SCAR, in any case it's good to have more options on the market.

As people who actually shoot people from a distance as a job, they prefer the SCAR because after the first shot they all become moving targets, and easy follow up shots are better suited for the job.
Having the 20S replace an actual precision rifle for single targets is full blown smoothbrain. Its not meant for that and isnt used that way as the SSR.

truly epic AND funny!!!! UPvoted!!!! xDDD

>6.5 creedmoor

Redundant garbage caliber, 6.5x47 Lapua is the same thing in vastly better.

>Guaranteed MOA precision out of a cold hammer forged, hard chrome lined barrel and gas piston operated semi-auto rifle?
You can get an AR15 upper with all those things for sub 500. Stick a 500 dollar lower assembly on it and you have your rifle for 1000.

Show me where I can get a sub-MOA upper for 500

>numerous 20S owners report the SCAR is outshooting their SR-25 platforms.
>sefl reporting
Can I get someone without a shit opinion?

Daily reminder they are like $3800-$3900 and literal slavshit garbage enlarged AK's are getting imported at a similar price bracket at this point

Attached: WD9nnTg.jpg (781x900, 74K)

The only real difference between the two is the size of the primer. CM uses regular old large rifle primers, Lapua uses small rifle in order to maximize brass life.

>The only real difference between the two is the size of the primer. CM uses regular old large rifle primers, Lapua uses small rifle in order to maximize brass life.

The main difference is that Lapua has superior brass and does excellent engineering. It is a way more refined caliber. It almost doesn't matter what components you use, you'll always get excellent groupings. Creedmoor is the typical american necked down shit done by some hillbilly in a garage who hasn't even seen an engineering degree from a distance and couldn't spell FEM if his life depended on it.

Look at what actual long range competition winners use, it's overwhelmingly 6.5x47 Lapua and for good reason. The case is insanely strong because it is well engineered, not just because of the primer size. Besides, Lapua has higher tensile strength brass than anyone else.

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-carbine-length-chf-m4-5-56-1-7-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

>JUST AS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDdd

Attached: smug.jpg (398x370, 17K)

>where can I get a car that goes 200 mph for $5000?
>with or without the drivetrain

Attached: photo.png (723x720, 340K)

I have no idea what you are trying to say

>someone posts about rifle caliber precision rifles with gas pistons being expensive
>proceeds to post a DI psa fn qc reject barrel in 5.56 with a front sight base, plastic handguard, and missing half the pressure bearing components needed for a functioning upper

Its a cold hammer forged chrome lined moa barrel.

Yeah but didnt you hear him call it an FN reject with no proof?

>thread about .308 precision rifles
>hurrr you can just get an AR-15

Jesus you people are fucking retarded sometimes.

>people that own both KAC and FN are automatically biased in their assessment

Okay, if you say so. Don't know where else you expect to find this information other than people that actually shoot these rifles. If you're going by published accuracy standards, the FN still wins. The 20S is required to shoot five MOA or better groups before it leaves the factory. KAC only guarantees 1.5 MOA from the ACC, and just 1.1 MOA average from the non-chrome lined APC. That's not to say those rifles aren't capable of performing better, but the same holds true of the SCAR as well.

You do realize you can buy lapua 6.5 creedmoor brass, right?

>308 free floated precision rifles using gas pistons
>proceeds to post a ar15 upper that is incomplete

Attached: 1551844516207.png (710x592, 448K)

If I had a place to shoot it I'd pick one up. I don't know where you're seeing $4,500. I played with one locally for $4,000 out the door.

Try and keep up silly

Told him to post an upper and the guy did

>Guaranteed MOA precision out of a cold hammer forged, hard chrome lined barrel and gas piston operated semi-auto rifle
I showed you an MOA cold hammer forged, chrome lined barrel for 300. Add a 500 dollar lower assembly and a 200 dollar piston conversion kit which includes a bcg, and you got your rifle for 1000.

Just asking dude, it surprised me too but there are uppers that go for that much sans barrel. You could put together a complete upper for under 500 with a criterion barrel which would go for around 350 and basically any upper you choose for another 80 bucks or so. It'll shoot sub moa no problem, if you don't fuck up the assembly

Isn't nitrided stainless steel more accurate than chrome?

I forgot to include the bcg which would run you another 120 or so, if you want a nice one. So really it would be just over 500, but only just

What part of 7.62x51 NATO do you not understand?

Furthermore, a barrel alone is not a complete weapon. Any implication that a singular component will meet a stringent accuracy standard without taking the entirety of weapon system into account is utter horse shit. Especially when you suggest adding things like off the shelf piston conversions, it tells me you are a fucking retard. There are plenty of *actual* examples you could be using if you wanted to challenge the 20S in its own domain; rifles like the LMT MWS, LWRC REPR, GAP-10, JP, Larue, KAC, etc are all great options. Instead you come in here peddling PSA garbage-tier AR parts in a completely different caliber as if that comparison were even valid to begin with. Please literally go kill yourself.

I like how he namedropped "pressure bearing components" to sound smart

Attached: tenor (2).gif (292x278, 1.24M)

barrel finish will have little to no effect on accuracy, and why the fuck would anyone nitride stainless. kinda defeats the purpose of stainless in the first place.

Is a "SCAR Heavy" different than the SCAR 17s ?

>Guaranteed MOA precision out of a cold hammer forged, hard chrome lined barrel and gas piston operated semi-auto rifle
I don't see 7.62x51 NATO here

It's literally in the greentext of the post I was replying to, you know, in this thread about .308 precision rifles. K I L L Y O U R S E L F.

>4500

I saw it for sale for only 3800

answer plz

Attached: benis.jpg (640x669, 47K)

The criteria you set are
>cold hammer forged
>chrome lined
>gas piston operated
>semi auto rifle
I show you an example of this. And then you sperg at me because you failed to set the criteria you actually wanted.

I think you have autism lad.

feel free to provide the evidence of the factory shooting several moa groups from the mutt piecemeal rifle you put together and guaranteeing it's performance

it's got a better barrel but other than that correct

Its the same thing. Scar heavy is just the name video games give it. The actual name is 17. 17s is the semi auto version

>hah xd guys look I'm so smart I posted a barrel that doesn't even have a bolt, external gas piston or is in the right caliber just buy the parts CHEEP lmao doesn't matter if it doesn't fit any the criteria of being similar to a LMT or SCAR lol

newkiddies always quote MSRP because they have no concept of what it's like to actually buy a gun

My mistake I'm mixing up terms

ah. ok thanks

Attached: lion.gif (266x173, 999K)

>The criteria you set are
>cold hammer forged
>chrome lined
>gas piston operated
>semi auto rifle

Congrats, you took a snippet of a conversation completely out of context and used it to interject a completely irrelevant topic in order to demonstrate your suffering of aspergers. Here's a cookie, now go fuck off and die.

>I show you an example of this.
>And then you sperg at me because you failed to set the criteria you actually wanted

No you didn't. Even if we were to take on your off-topic self indulgence, you haven't actually provided anything. You post one part and insist that it alone is capable of delivering those accuracy requirements? It can't even fire by itself. Holy fuck you are dumb.

is the bren 2 the only direct competitor to the scar17?

I'm not sure what your point. I am responsible for your words and you don't want other people to reply to you on a public forum? Talk about self indulgence.

>No you didn't. Even if we were to take on your off-topic self indulgence, you haven't actually provided anything. You post one part and insist that it alone is capable of delivering those accuracy requirements? It can't even fire by itself. Holy fuck you are dumb.
The barrel is the principal component when it comes to accuracy. So there is no reason to believe that with well made components it wouldn't shoot at the accuracy it was manufactured to shoot at.

"SCAR Heavy", often abbreviated "SCAR-H", is the name given to all large-frame SCAR rifles capable of firing full length rifle cartridges.

"Mk17 Mod 0", or "SOF Heavy Combat Assault Rifle, Heavy" are SOCOM designations for the full auto capable versions sold to the US military.

"SCAR 17" is the US commercial product designation for full auto capable SCAR-H's available to police and law enforcement agencies.

"SCAR 17S" is the semi-auto commercial designation for the US market.

"SCAR-H" is still appropriate nomenclature for semi-auto SCAR rifles as that is also the model designation for semi-automatic rifles sold outside the US.

TL:DR; call them whatever you want, most people will understand whichever it is you're referring to.

>I am responsible for your words and you don't want other people to reply to you on a public forum?

You're responsible for following the conversation and not derailing the thread topic because you want to shill for PSA garbage.

>The barrel is the principal component when it comes to accuracy.

Is it the only component? No. So shut the fuck up unless you're willing to provide actual numbers from a complete rifle functionally capable of actually discharging a round. Everything else is pure conjecture and ASSumptions. Again, there are plenty of examples you could have actually used, the AR-15 market is full of them. Instead you chose to come in here posting a single barrel as if that's all you need to match up against a purpose built precision rifle. Why do I even have to formulate the argument you're trying to make for you? Absolute fucking utter incompetence even from an intellectual standpoint. You really suck at this dumbass.

>this level of assblasted
You need to look into some Preparation H there junior

It's 4500 Dollars?...I mean it's a SCAR variant...

What job do you have and how can I get in on it?

Again, i'm not responsible for your words. If you believe that going with the criteria you set is derailing the thread then you should not have set those criteria. It's not my fault you are not able to properly articulate yourself.

>Is it the only component
It is the primary component when it comes to accuracy. There is no reason to believe it wont shoot at the accuracy it was designed and manufactured to shoot at if its paired with quality components.

He has no job, his dad pays for all his stuff.

>If you believe that going with the criteria you set is derailing the thread then you should not have set those criteria.

Those "criteria" as you describe them were in reference to 20" .308 precision rifles. You can keep ignoring that portion of the conversation, and I will keep calling you a fucking idiot.

Thats alright, but thats not what you said. You said "semi auto rifles". If you ment 20" .308 semi auto rifles, then you should have said that. I can't read your mind, you have to say what you mean.

>and I will keep calling you a fucking idiot.
Getting angry won't change anything. Calm down and collect yourself and you'll see that you're acting like an autistic child.

You didn’t show shit.

God damn why didn’t your mom abort you?

>If you ment 20" .308 semi auto rifles, then you should have said that.

YOU ARE IN A FUCKING SCAR 20S THREAD. HOLY SHIT BALLS.

I don't have to announce what is already understood by everyone without autism, especially when the context has already been defined by the person I am responding to. Learn2read fgt.

Never heard of SCAR H?

You are a moron who can’t read.
A discount PSA piece of shit isn’t going to be hitting sub-MOA (Read it again, SUB MOA) at anywhere near the ranges of a 20s, and its pathetic that you believe otherwise.
And yes, I’m the guy who asked you originally. The other people you’ve been arguing with also called out your retardation.
Stop posting forever, thats an order.

Lol, fucking no gun retard.

I'm not replying to the OP though, i'm replying to you. And in your post it says "cold hammer forged chrome lined semi auto rifle".
Not all posts in a thread have to be necessarily about the exact topic of the OP.

I'm replying to the post here which states moa accuracy.

If you’re not the retard who posted that PSA link then don’t worry, I’m not talking to you, despite the fact that I lazily lumped your post in to my response.

>huurrrr what is context
>durrr how does greentext work

Read my god damn post again faggot. I quoted the person describing a "20" .308 that does .8-.9 moa for $4500." I responded by describing the qualities of the particular rifle in question that would justify its position in that price bracket. I even added the term "semi-auto" to further refine the category of SAPR being discussed (because the other person did not specify.) It's plainly evident to anyone with half a brain what topic was being discussed. Pro tip: It has fuck all to do with AR-15's or PSA garbage.