How do I install this muzzle brake on my wasr?

legionusa.com/ak47-ak-muzzle-brake-wolffang-by-strela.html

I don’t understand how to optimally align it and I can’t find any tutorials

Attached: 44369E6F-1AD0-4788-8096-AEBADA7D85D5.jpg (366x366, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fF0pXxINL1w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does the wasr not have the indent thing on the muzzle?
youtu.be/fF0pXxINL1w

It does, but this device has a thread adapter and a locking nut on it which changes things up a lot

Thread on the locking nut, then the muzzle device until it's on far enough and it's level then walk back the locking nut until it's tight. You might want to use a threadlocker paste of some kind too. I used red loctite for mine but it's also a bitch to remove.

You mean adapter then locking nut?

yeah. Do you happen to have a picture of it?

>red loctite
Don't do this. If you EVER plan to remove it. Your gunsmith will hate you. If that's you, you will hate you.
For an AK, you should be able to skip the locking washer, because I imagine it will contact the detent. So you'd put on your thread adapter, run your muzzle brake back, and time it to the detent. Just line it up and lock the detent in. If it doesn't have a detent, locking>adapter>brake, then line it up so it's oriented correctly, and tighten the locking nut forward. They just work by keeping counter pressure on the threads. Nut screws forward, muzzle brake screws back, they push into each other keeping it held in place.

>Don't do this. If you EVER plan to remove it. Your gunsmith will hate you. If that's you, you will hate you.
I regret it because when I did it I was a dumbfuck who didn't know any better

I get it, it seems like a good idea at the time. I did it and regretted it so badly too. The carbon mixed in with the loctite just forms some kind of super concrete. On mine, I even heated it to try and get it off, and it still wasn't happening.

The link in my op is the exact device

Are you retarded op? I have the same one and just screwed it on.

Attached: IMG_20180615_142422.jpg (4032x3024, 3.26M)

How did you get it to align properly?

Not him, but you use the detent on the front of the front sight base to fit into the groove on the brake for proper alignment

Attached: akfsb6.jpg (400x400, 26K)

jb weld

In this thread, we learned that OP doesn’t understand left hand threads and detents

So in the device I posted in my OP, the adapter has detent grooves in a 360 circle. It can thread in any position

mate are you threading it the right way????

...holy fuck, I hadn't even thought of this. To someone who doesn't know AKs, it wouldn't make sense. OP, they're left hand threads.

Pic is the side I’m threading onto my ak. The adapter is inside it like pic related. Those 360 dimples are where it catches. It shoots fine it’s just annoying to take on and off and set right

based retard

Helps if I include pic

Addendum: fuck this ip range won’t let me upload pics due to abuse. If you scroll up to the link at the top of my post, you can rotate the muzzle brake and adapter combo. The side with the ring of dimples is what I’m threading onto my ak. It catches on the detent very naturally

Must be gunsmith amateur hour in here. Red loctite is easily removed.
Either soak the parts in acetone for a while to dissolve the threadlocker, or heat them up using a heat gun or a torch.

It would seem that simple, but it isn't. I did take a torch to mine. Even then it was a bitch. The loose threads on the ak allow more carbon build up, and in combo with the loctite, it makes a fucking mess.

In my device the locking nut is above the thread adapter. It’s currently thread adapter below the locking nut which is below the ak74 style brake

I’ll clarify, I can thread it one way, the device itself can catch onto the detent in any position. My annoyance is getting this thing to finish threading in the proper final position

can you push the detent down so you can thread it on further

I think I might understand. Use box cutter blade or an exacto knife to hold it down. I think I get your issue now, you need the detent to lock into the adapter, not the actual muzzle device. I just ordered the same thing from CNC warrior and a 74 muzzle device for the exact same idea. As autistic as it is, I want a real 74 muzzle device, so I'm going to drill it out for 7.62. Can you post actual pics of you messing with the install? It might help clear up confusion/misunderstanding.

It can, but I have to fiddle with the brake and locking nut to get it to be oriented in the proper position. It’s a bit of a pain in the ass and was wondering if I’m fucking this up somehow. Seems to shoot great

Yes that’s the exact issue I’m having. Mine is a 74 style brake but with the adapter its entirely compatible with 762. No drilling needed

I wish it wasn't out of stock, I'd order one of these instead. I see the thread adapter in the link, and I see the muzzle device part. What's this locking nut you're talking about? From the looks of it in the link, and in the other ref pic you posted, you'll want to try and put it on as one piece. Like screw the adapter into the muzzle device, and using a box cutter blade, index it onto the muzzle.

I trusted my dad with a lot of stuff, both gun and non gun related. He's a big advocate of loctite. I had to physically stop him from loctiting the grip assembly on my motorcycle.

OP thread the fucking thing on you retard. When you reach the last position, continue to twist until it hits the final detent. Holy fuck

>itt: OP is literally too retarded to install a muzzle brake

Attached: 1551584484108.gif (450x254, 1.79M)

Do you use your hand or a wrench?

I stick it between my legs and use a flathead screwdriver between the notches to tighten the last bit, or to break it loose. Everything else is hand

slightly concerned chuckle

the optimal tool for everything Russian: the hammer

Attached: xb32.jpg (1000x1000, 265K)

The next civil war will be fought by people who can't thread on muzzle devices... Holy hell

In their defense, the Confederates probably didn’t know how either

Im sure they knew how to maintain and wrench on their own rifles of the time.

I guess you’re right. OP really is just a blithering retard

Attached: E212A232-D056-45D6-B712-ED721D1D9F5B.jpg (4032x3024, 1.72M)

How I’ve got it on

Attached: 2833B527-51D0-4814-B49D-D222E0BC756C.jpg (4032x3024, 1.88M)

Only took you 19 hours to screw a muzzle brake on. Good job faggot. I’ll be here tomorrow for the thread where you try to take it off

You cannot becuase you have a faggot WASR and not Arsenal you put poorfag

simply epic, how will he ever recover

Attached: 7A1B8FC0-A585-435A-B117-32CE9378350C.jpg (4032x3024, 1.51M)