Mad Minute shooting style

>Mad Minute shooting style
is this a viable tactic if fighting with a bolt action rifle?
Pros vs cons?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4EaiOLoCpPE?t=321
youtu.be/jsYpMzuArbc
youtube.com/watch?v=1DhjUrqH88s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

forgot to write, that's holding the bolt while using the middle finger for the trigger

bumpity bump fags

Mad minute is largely impossible on anything but an Enfield, and even then it's imprecise suppressive fire at best. So, no. Not really.

How come? Most bolt action rifles i've seen have the bolt above the trigger, so at least the grip should be easily doable

It require conditions that are really only found on the range, plus a lot of practice. Few people could actually do it. Also, it would eat up your ammunition really fast.

The shape and throw of the Enfield bolt really lends itself to speed. Not semi automatic rifle speed, but certainly faster than other bolt guns of the era. Modern bolt actions tend to be mauser derivative, and just don't flow the same way. It's hard to describe honestly, but I recommend trying it with an Enfield and then any modern bolt action. And honestly, even if you could do it, the mad minute isn't even that great as an individual tactic.

Yes.
youtu.be/4EaiOLoCpPE?t=321

>>Mad Minute shooting styleis this a viable tactic if fighting with a bolt action rifle?

Its for squad suppressive fire, like an AR. So if you have a group of people doing fire and manoeuvre use the mad minute or ARs. Otherwise buy a gun that has reasonable precision and shoot more slowly
>Mad minute is largely impossible on anything but an Enfield
False
>It require conditions that are really only found on the range
False

It is dangerous if you have any issue with a primer that delays the ignition. I have had a round go off while half way though ejecting.

>Pros vs cons?
squibs, delayed ignition etc could loose you portions of face or hands. Its a squad level tactic and only relevant to fire and manoeuvre of defending against mass human wave attacks. Its quite easy to do on a variety of bolt actions, is horrible for your barrel and will leave it hot.

Look up Norwegian Stangskyting videos.
200 meters on a head sized Silhouette we with Aperture sights.
SAUER STR 200 is the most common rifle in 6.5 Swede.
Long Action bolt throw also.
5 round magazines.
25 second timers
youtu.be/jsYpMzuArbc

Yes but that's not the point of the mad minute, in the mad minute you don't actually want all your shots in the same place because you are suppressing. You can do quite rapid fire with loads of bolt guns, only stupids think otherwise.

A strange game. They only way to win is not to play.

Maybe if the guys youre fighting are also armed with bolt rifles. If theyre using auto loaders youre going to get wasted in a hail of return fire and you should instead rely on hit and run tactics.
It still seems like a waste of ammunition and a good way to burn your barrel up without hitting much by dumping rifle caliber rounds as fast you can

Go away noguns euro.

>If theyre using auto loaders youre going to get wasted in a hail of return fire and you should instead rely on hit and run tactics.It still seems like a waste of ammunition and a good way to burn your barrel up without hitting much by dumping rifle caliber rounds as fast you can

If you are firing a bolt gun you are probably firing a larger calibre round faster at longer range than the majority of intermediate cartridge ARs/AKs etc in one Vs one the bolt gun will win. What the mad minute and ARS/AKS etc are FOR is suppressive fire by mone portion of a squad while another portion manoeuvres. Fire and manoeuvre requires practice and discipline and to get it tight and right is not something you will encounter unless you are dealing with professional soldiers in which case you are fucked wherther you have a bolt gun or an AK/AR as they also have javelins/gustavs/60mm mortars/belt fed guns.

The waltzing matilda bayonet charge fucking slayed my sides

>Go away noguns euro.

I'd say is a burger actually

not euro and OP never specified the time period
one vs one would be decided by the first to get a lucky shot. Old bolt guns in obsolite calibers arent known for their accuracy or high ballistic coefficient bullet options. If using a modern or modernized bolt rifle with modern ammunition and mounted with an appropriate optic and fired by a guy who knows how to use it past 600 or so meters he'll probably start winning but not by using any mad minute tactic.
>FOR is suppressive fire by mone portion of a squad while another portion manoeuvres.
Im just saying, in current year, a bolt gun is going to have a hard time doing that even with competent men
>professional soldiers in which case you are fucked wherther you have a bolt gun or an AK/AR as they also have javelins/gustavs/60mm mortars/belt fed guns
yeah, thats true

>I have had a round go off while half way though ejecting
did you died?

No. Engaging a single target with 30 rounds isn't important. You have to combine the rapid cycling with the ability to acquire another target and likely to shift position as well.

and why can't you acquire another target if you're holding the bolt?

according to erwin rommel it is. i am just reading his book about the experiences he had as an officer in WW1 and it is stated more than once that shooting as fast as they could would result in supressing and whiping out the enemy although beeing outnumberd by the enemy.

less viable than putting crosshairs on target and steadily pulling the trigger. took the world long enough to realize optics > irons

Attached: 93A51560-E1D8-4A92-84DE-EDE1607599E4.jpg (369x500, 43K)

why do you lurk on k all day shultz

As an evolution of volley fire, it is really only effective in situations where volley fire would be effective. That is, in any "modern" battlefield (see anything occuring after the introduction of machine guns), basically completely useless. Sure you can find a niche situation were it would be as or more useful than other weapons or tactics but is it worth the cost and training necessary to perform it successfully?

What about a home defense situation where you simply have to unload rounds fast, but only have a bolt action rifle? I mean, at least the way he holds the bolt, if practiced, seems like a good way to cycle very fast, and you should still be able to aim decently like that unless you're retarded

the mad minute had accuracy requirement, something like 6.9 moa iirc

By the time you spent the money on ammo to get rapid fire down with the bolt action (unless you are some sort of prodigy), you would have spent more than the cost of a cheap pump shotgun or even a hi-point (yes I know fudd and basketball American teir but still better than the best bolt action).

i'm just saying if you're caught in a pinch and don't have anything else, cornered by a fucking bear in a tunnel or being invaded by a big group of basketball americans with only a bolt action

who wants to upload the cum guzzling satanist video? Because they crushed this pretty well.

Look dumbass, it takes years and years of practice to get good enough to crack off rounds that fast, and decades to get accurate at the same time to boot

And as I said at the beginning, outside of a few niche situations (like what you mentioned) it is effectively useless or at least far eclipsed by other firearms.
I never said it didn't have any uses or even just wouldn't be fun at the range (protip, it is).

no it doesnt you retarded faggot. shooting is a skill that can be honed but its one of the skills where naturally some people will just be good and others bad no matter the practice. it comes down to if you are naturally shaky and if your mind makes you flinch.

>decades
you are entirely delusional and shooting competitions are full of young men outshooting geezers. experience is NOT the most important factor after youve shot for example 10,000 rounds. there are only so many nuances to learn with shooting its not a complicated skill.

>it takes years and years of practice
i can shoot a bolt action almost that fast, if i actually practiced for a few day's i'd be up to like 90% of the speed these nerds are at, doesn't take years and years of practice

> Few people could actually do it

The BEF at the Battle of the Marne would like a word.

youtube.com/watch?v=1DhjUrqH88s

>useless
>get rounds back on target a few milliseconds slower than a semi auto

learn how to run a bolt you pleb

its because the enfield is cock on close. You arent fighting a spring to throw the bolt handle up.