Gun advice you wish people had told you

>Don't cheap out on guns. It's far better to have 2 or 3 good quality guns, than 10 cheap blasters.

Attached: 1544981378356.gif (441x270, 442K)

>buying that $2,000 Accuracy International doesn't mean shit if you still can't shoot properly

learn to shoot before you buy that first good quality one so you actually know what you want in it. Alternatively, stop being a poorfag and buy all of them.

Bring a .22 along to any range trip and you’ll triple our quadruple your time out there.

>Don't cheap out

That goes for everything. My dad put it like this: "poor people can only afford the best".

>Gun advice you wish people had told you
Go ahead and cheap out on guns. You won't worry so much about the little things and you can focus on shooting more often. An expensive gun that shoots expensive ammo may be of exceptional quality, but it usually ends up being a safe queen. Hell, get ten cheap guns. Have fun with them. You'll use them way more often than if you have two or three expensive safe queens.

>Accuracy International
anti-2A company. fuck'em

>That goes for everything. My dad put it like this: "poor people can only afford the best".
this.
I always heard it said: poor people can't afford a used car. (because used cars always need lots of repairs which is expensive).

that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard in my life

This. I think it's a personality thing not a universal truth. People did tell me to go big, so I bought the nicest shotgun I could afford, was very careful with it but was inexperienced and it didn't end up being what I wanted. I sold it and bought 3 project guns I still have and enjoy

I can't remember the last gun I spent more than 300 on, but I'm a machinist so I buy basket cases, fix em up and treat them like shit/modify them in goofy ways so it works for me

Bad advice. Just because a gun is expensive doesn’t mean the ammo is you retard

Spoken like someone too young to own a car.

Figures a boomer would say that because they're used to shitty American cars from the 70s. A used honda accord with 200k miles still runs fine and costs less than 3 grand.

Learn how to work on cars.

OP here. Maybe it just depends on the person. I started my collection off with exclusively milsurp, and eventually realised that while fun, and interesting, most cheap milsurp is mediocre compared to modern firearms. I can't help but feel an urge to sell off some of my finnicky, unreliable milsurp to fund upgrading my AR and glock

>be poor
>buy a common used jap model with widely available parts and well documented common problems and fixes
>fix it yourself

You gobba git gud though.

>Guns are a investment, they will only increase over time, and if not, they will be worth more than gold after the apocalypse.

Attached: Whitney_Wolverine_engraved.jpg (700x438, 45K)

>poor people are too dumb to make good proverbs

what if i genuinely enjoy shitty cheap guns

Don't shoot alone till you have the basics down. You will start to practice in bad habits that can very hard to unlearn.

>Better to have 2 or 3 good quality guns, than 10 cheap blasters
t. buttblasted normie without buckets of hi points

A gun so close to beauty, but it just looks like shit.

????
I bought a 2005 Jeep Liberty 4x4 with a blown head gasket for $500 from a spoiled college girl when her parents bought her a new Lincoln Navigator. I watched a YouTube video and bought a FelPro head gasket & a water pump and borrowed a torque wrench. I had it back up and running in a weekend. Have been driving it for 2 years now including 2x +1200mi road trips without a problem.
The best part is my company pays me a $125 per week tax-free “truck allowance” that all goes into my pocket.

Don't buy a 9mm, .40s&w, .45 ACP or otherwise normal carry/duty caliber handguns as your very first handgun. If you do, at least buy a .22lr one alongside it so you don't develop shitty habits, and quadruple your range time.

Quality guns don't necessitate an exorbitant price. One can learn to shoot on a 10/22 or an a Ruger American for less than $500.

Yeah, that's why most of my renters always have brand new Cadillacs, Lexuses, Bimmers, and every other expensive car label in the world. They get beat to shit just and run into the ground about as fast as they sign the papers. They also have 60" Ultra-WhateverK TVs, stand in line for every new iPhone and of course they all have fully loaded cable with every stupid channel under the sun, and are in debt up to their eyeballs.

Meanwhile I drive a ten year old Toyota, and a F-250 going on 15 years old, both of which only I wrench on (everything except body and A/C work), and they both work and look basically like new. I have basic cable, which I only keep around because it's cheaper to have TV+internet than just cable internet. I have an iPhone 5s that I bought factory refurbished.

Used to be every time my bank account reached seven figures I found another house or condo to fix up, rent out or flip. Now I do it when it reaches eight figures.

Poor people are usually so because they have zero discipline.

>if you're going slavshit, always get Russian or Bulgarian (far second), the copies don't compare (they're essentially cheap copies of cheap shit)
>on that note, never ever ever buy anything yugo/Serbian
>kind of contrary to the statements above, don't go expensive with an AR. The cheap ones are the same shit unless you're trying to build an accuracy machine, but they're all pretty accurate anyway.
>actually learn to shoot guns properly, don't just have them
>actually learn WHEN you can shoot guns, don't get fucked legally after the fact because you thought something was justified in your state and it wasn't, "I feared for my life" doesn't always fly.

I'm not trying to hate on OP even though he's a faggot. How did you not have some boomer tell you this?

>unless you're trying to build an accuracy machine
This also doesn't do shit for you if you don't know how to shoot, utilizing proper fundamentals of marksmanship. A guy who's professionally trained with a shitty gun could kill you with the most expensive, top of the line gun. On that note:
>set aside money you would have spent on a new gun for training to learn to fight with your old guns better

He doesn’t have a 5 gallon bucket of C9s to hand out to urban youth

No one in my family had any experience with guns, and I ordered all my guns online, so I never really interacted with gun store employees

>company stopped existing years ago

Attached: 1450273423123.jpg (384x404, 20K)

>The best part is my company pays me a $125 per week tax-free “truck allowance” that all goes into my pocket.
Ask you how?

TERRIBLE advice

Cheapest gun I own is a M&P 9, how'd I do?

Don't impulse buy guns. Also avoid gun shows like the plague, only overpriced trash and old fudds.

lol

and glown*ggers ever since OKC

Fair enough user. Buy a Kimber 1911 because they're the best.

*SIP*

Attached: sip.jpg (380x349, 21K)

I like gun shows. It’s a fun way to burn a weekend, and sometimes I find really oddball stuff buried in piles of fudd gats

>(everything except body and A/C work
Get your universal EPA license and work on your AC yourself my dude.
If you can fix a car you can fix an AC unit in a car
>t. HVAC installer/technician

I drive a fucking Buick and repair it myself for cheap regularly.

I wish someone would of told me airsoft is a fucking money pit and to a Sar-1 when i turned 18.
I wish someone in my family actually owned a semi auto rifle in an intermediate caliber that wasn't a mini-14
I had a fulltime job in the prime of milsurp and had no idea how wide the world of guns was back then

Attached: 1531624333275.gif (399x152, 135K)

It's one of those things where I don't have a need to do A/C stuff often enough to bother with getting the tools, storing the tools in my already over-full shop/garage, etc.

I'm not afraid of it, and probably wouldn't bother with EPA licensing (not like I would blow refrigerant to the atmosphere), if I went down that path--so it's just better to find a guy I trust, and pay him well for his time.

I don't think the FBI existed when the Gunfight at OK Corral happened, user.

Buy some broken old shit to learn the basics of assembly, disassembly, and repair with.

I can see that working for a lot of shit, but definitely not for used cars. A good used Japanese car will last ages. You spend good money on tools (and even those you can get good used tools, usually wrenches and whatnot) and guns because you want quality and you don't want to to break after one use.

>you should own enough guns to arm all able bodied men in your town at a moments notice

I really wish i was in the market for an AR15
last gunshow i went had Rugers and S&Ws in the $500s w/o tax

>if you see a really good deal but don't have quite enough money, buy it anyway

I fucked up at least three times on shit I had to buy later for many times more money. I should have borrowed or sold other shit, I would have been out on top within a few years.

That cheap milsurp you see? It's not fucking junk, and in 6 years you're going to fucking love that shit and have to spend 3x more to get it.

patience is a virtue, most gun prices are fucking ass and you'll simply have to wait for opportunities to buy for a reasonable price

always research used guns you're buying and make sure everything works when inspecting it, even brick and mortar places will try to unload broken shit on you.

I was you when I was in high school, but I pumped the breaks when I was 18 and threw all the money I had at the time at my dad and drug his ass down to the gun show to get my first rifle, a Saiga for $270.

First purchase best purchase, especially now it’s worth 5 times that.

thinking emoji

This is the dumbest most post capitalist Boomer/ nigger rich garbage I've ever heard. Anybody who makes less than 70k a year and makes car payments is dumber than dishwater. Better advice is; if you can't buy the car on the spot with cash then don't finance it.

Always, always stock up on milsurp
Accept no substitutes

“The reason that the rich were so rich, Vimes reasoned, was because they managed to spend less money.

Take boots, for example. He earned thirty-eight dollars a month plus allowances. A really good pair of leather boots cost fifty dollars. But an affordable pair of boots, which were sort of OK for a season or two and then leaked like hell when the cardboard gave out, cost about ten dollars. Those were the kind of boots Vimes always bought, and wore until the soles were so thin that he could tell where he was in Ankh-Morpork on a foggy night by the feel of the cobbles.

But the thing was that good boots lasted for years and years. A man who could afford fifty dollars had a pair of boots that'd still be keeping his feet dry in ten years' time, while the poor man who could only afford cheap boots would have spent a hundred dollars on boots in the same time and would still have wet feet.

This was the Captain Samuel Vimes 'Boots' theory of socioeconomic unfairness.”

I'll trade you ar parts for milsurp user.

Why the Yugo hate user?

>you can legally buy guns now, milsurp is still cheap
>don’t let that german gew 98 for 350 leave you because you’re poor

If you come across milsurp buy it.

>Don‘t buy the cheapest ammo you can get your hands on just to shoot your military issued gun.
Didn‘t know what barrel twist was at 18, so I just assumed everything that went bang would fly the same.

There are a lot of expensive guns that aren‘t actually worth more than the five AKs you can get for the same price, at least here in Switzerland. So your „advice“ is far too general to be worth much.

Buying a new car is fucking stupid unless you're upper-middle class and already have retirement money and your mortgage paid off. The moment your car leaves the lot it's already lost 30% of its value (on top of interest payments). You know you can buy a decent used car that has only been driven 20-30k miles, in perfect condition, for less than 10k right?

just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's good, correct, and just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's bad
see: SCAR and AK

Dont cheap out on scopes. Or scope rings.

This, when it comes to glass and mounts, buy once cry once, and make damn sure you study every option for the rifle you want it for.

Fucking boomers and their shitty memes.