Can someone please explain to me why the Second Battle of Fallujah was considered a "horrific battle" that was "the...

Can someone please explain to me why the Second Battle of Fallujah was considered a "horrific battle" that was "the hardest urban fighting the US Marines had seen since Hue City?" This shit would barely qualify as a firefight in WWII. A couple dozen dead on either side is like a minor skirmish, I don't see how this even qualifies as a "battle."

Attached: Second Battle of Fallujah.png (325x455, 16K)

>A couple dozen dead on either side
Dude, can you read? There were a hundred deaths for the US and two thousands for the insurgents, plus another few hundreds of dead civilians.
Sure, that's nothing compared to ww2, but it's definitely a battle. 73 Easting had comparable death count. Was that not a battle either?

>Millions didn't die so it doesn't count

This is the result of retards like OP who need events oversimplified into numbers so they can glance at a wiki screenshot and think they understand

>the hardest urban fighting the US Marines had seen since Hue City

Where was larger since Hue City, moron?

>This shit would barely qualify as a firefight in WWII.
There was tons of recorded firefights in WW2 where the guys were literally shooting at nothing and believed their own ricochets were the enemy returning fire.

>This shit would barely qualify as a firefight in WWII

So what?

Where the "I was at fallujah" copypasta?

No you're right it wasn't Stalingrad or Berlin so it must have been a right fucking laugh, eh.

Attached: Kasal Fallujah.jpg (1484x946, 156K)

Because all battles are horrific in one way or another and it was the hardest Street fighting since Hue City, regardless of how large is was relative to Stalingrad?
Fuck off.

95 dead is a couple dozen. I'm curious as to where they got their numbers for the total insurgents killed, I'm sure nobody has any reason to inflate that.
Sounds like a bunch of faggots butthurt that you've never even been in a real war. I'm just asking why everyone seems to think Fallujah was some meatgrinder when it didn't even qualify as a tenderizer. There have literally been police shootouts with as many deaths.

>"the hardest urban fighting the US Marines had seen since Hue City?"
There is your answer, it wasn't the worst battle ever, just that this is one of the few actually challenging battles in what had been a cakewalk of a conflict before. 1:10 kill ratio is considered bad by us standards, we've become used to 1:100 by absolutely curb stomping people

>24 = 95 (disregard the 12-15 other allied fatalities plus the 613 injured)
Dude, your math skills need work.

Okay so 100 dead, that's still a couple dozen. 9 dozen to be more exact. I'm not counting injured, and either way, 100 dead barely qualifies as a battle. In WWII or WWI you'd lose a hundred people just trying to take a trench, let alone a whole city. You guys are fags. Stop acting tough because a few people died taking an entire city. That's a cakewalk.

>only about a 10:1 k/d
Anyone else upset by this? We can do better

>it isnt a battle unless the odds are even and the casualties are comparable
Poor bait. Tell me: do you think the insurgents who fought there viewed it as a battle?

I don't believe 1200 of them died

Found it!

I've been hit with 5.56 three times dead in the chest. I was in Fallujah and I killed about 16 insurgents before I had to pop in a fresh mag, but a sniper took out my left knee and I collapsed during the reload. Well, needless to say, I was out of action. A bunch of other insurgents started swarming to my location, so I pulled out my KABAR and shanked one of those dirty sand niggers right in the throat, but while this was happening some other Hadji got ahold of my AUG and the fresh mag that I dropped when the sniper nailed me. He loaded it up and tagged me twice in the right lung before I pulled out my Deagle and returned fire as he was squeezing off a third shot. My .50 slug obliterated his gray matter and his third round pierced my left ventricle. Most people would have died, but I just did the mash, I did the monster mash.

>95 dead is a couple dozen.

I think, amongst other things, your math needs work

Anyone have the account of Bellavia fucking gouging someone's eyes out

Attached: cvr9781416596608_978141659).jpg (1256x2025, 1.96M)

What's 95 divided by 12? That's right, about 8. Sounds like a couple dozen to me. But let me guess, you're an autistic sperglord who likes to argue semantics to make himself feel smarter. Okay, so let's say a "handful of dozen." Get laid, weirdo.

source?

How about the 1500 prisoners? Did that regiment-sized element view it as a battle?

more than 600 casualties including 95 KIA is considered very much for a professional Western army in the 21st century. and 2000 casualties is considered very much for any kind of army.

Ofc it's nothing compared to WW2, and even less compared to WW1, but it's more than significant for this time.

Attached: 1552333359072.png (679x666, 694K)