Redpill me on the Montana Firearms Freedom Act and Firearms Freedom Act in general

Redpill me on the Montana Firearms Freedom Act and Firearms Freedom Act in general.

Basically states that aren't fucked are using a 10th amendment arguments to declare that gun laws are unconstitutional to enforce on a national level as guns are an object of commerce and their regulation is constitutionally a state’s rights exercise.

Now I'm retarded and just discovered this, but this seems like a huge fucking deal and method of defense against a grabby government in Washington and legal justification for state authority to just refuse to go along with their bullshit. What's the implications here?

Attached: FFA.jpg (1769x646, 293K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Now I'm retarded

Nigga, just keep reading. It was thrown out in the 9th circuit.

>What's the implications here?
As much as I enjoy fucking over the feds, nullification laws always make me anxious.
We got a civil war last time several states passed nullification laws re:slavery.
>inb4 not true nullification
For all intents and purposes it is.

>What's the implications here?

It depends entirely on how far the state wants to take it. In practice they don't take it very far though. Although Kansas has something similar and a guy was selling unregistered silencers and didn't get in trouble until the feds saw one of his customers using one on facebook and arrested him.

States refusing to enforce federal gun laws is certainly better than them cracking down even harder than the feds.

>Ninth Circuit

Lol.

It got slapped down by the Feds. That's it. The end.

>t. Montanan.

>T. Missoulafag
Fight for our rights you nigger

>actually being nervous about civil war 2.0

I know this is Jow Forums and all, but open warfare between the states will result in global war and the loss of us hegemony.
It'd be like nutting inside her bareback. Feels awesome, but you probably shouldn't have done it.

future ain’t lookin too bright. also, there won’t ever be a civil war 2

Doesn't have any teeth. Feds say "LMAO supremacy clause we do what we want", some states responded by passing laws threatening to arrest any federal LEOs who enforce such laws(IIRC AK did) but none of them have actually nutted up and done so yet.

>threatening to arrest any federal LEOs who enforce such laws
>IIRC AK did

Jesus christ my cock is engorged

Yeah but...
>1. It'll never happen
>2. If it did, it would be awesome and you'd probably die so you don't need to worry much about long term consequences. Just enjoy the ride.

>tfw WA went full cuck instead

Gibbons v. Ogden. US supreme Court ruled the federal government has the absolute right and authority to regulate interstate commerce. The year? 1824.

>Redpill
Die

>someone in a state selling something made in that state to someone else in that state
>interstate commerce

Attached: 1550647731146.jpg (750x705, 93K)

The US will lose global hegemony in this century, possibly before 2050

God I hope so.

If the ore is mined in, if the metal from the ore is produced in, if it's moved by vehicles tagged in, to a factory that makes everything, AND, the weapons are only for sale in, the state in question, then you would be correct. What are the odds of that? Look man, I'm ready to fight, but legally, this isn't going to work.

Also, read some of the cases where they used interstate commerce to justify desegregation.

By the 9th Circus, which would happily strike down the entire constitution as "racist white people shit". See how it holds up in the Supreme Court if it ever gets there.

Sounds more like a bureaucratic nightmare than a real legal issue. You can comply with that, it's a pain in the ass but you can. You could even have an organization certify all components and materials were made in state, like organic certification.

That's what it would take at least and the feds would still try to Jew the hell out of it.

So what you're saying is that the federal government's right to regulate interstate commerce trumps the people's right to keep and bear arms?
Now, I might be wrong, but I think the word for that kind of logic is tyranny.

Attached: 1518809880866.jpg (630x840, 265K)

fuck the Feds for just saying "interstate commerce" so they can do whatever they want

This. States Rights 2: electric boogaloo will never happen.
Or at the very least it won't happen within our lifetimes.

When are you Amerifats just going to admit your government has been just as (if not more) tyrannical than based King George?

It wasn't like that for the first 100 years. But eventually all good things come to an end. But at least were not like Britain, that just so happens to have "anti-hate speech" laws and on the verge of either banning or regulating airguns over a Dead swan.

Attached: 58de7d2484497.jpg (946x946, 118K)

It was struck down by the 9th Circuit on the basis that guns merely existing competes with interstate commerce.

Actually that still wouldn't work according to the feds current ""interpretation"" of interstate commerce. The mere act of producing/having anything or sometimes even doing something effects your likelihood of instead getting/engaging in interstate commerce, even if it's something that can't be legally acquired through interstate commerce, according to them it literally gives them authority to regulate anything at all. Its their trump card for sticking their nose wherever they want to.

I do not disagree.

Like I said, they will still Jew it.

missoula is a liberal hellhole. nobody there is gonna fight for gun rights

US Civil war, Global war, and the loss of US hegemony are all inevitabilities (though not necessarily in that order). It's just a question of when.

The Feds don't have jurisdiction. The end.

Basically, the interstate commerce clause needs to go, and/or states need to nut up and tell the Feds to go fuck themselves.

Didn't Alaska have a situation with that?

Nevermind, I just saw you said it. I read AL. I can't find the article.

Missoula is at least 200 miles from Montana.

Here in Australia air rifles are Category A Firearms, which includes break action shotguns, bolt action shotguns, bolt action rimfire, break action rimfire & lever action rimfire rifles.
I think that the majority of people who get a Category A Licence just don't bother with a .17 or .22 air rifle and just go for a rimfire.

>Basically, the interstate commerce clause needs to go
Not going to happen. Besides, there's nothing inherently wrong with the interstate commerce clause. The problem is that the supreme court has interpreted the clause as granting the federal government vastly more power than was ever intended. The clause just needs to be walked back to its original intent.

Let civil war happen, dying is better then what (((they))) have planned for us

Unfortunately that's not how it works.

The case back in the 30s with FDR was a farmer who grew wheat on his own land to feed to his own livestock. The feds argued that because he wasn't buying fodder on the open market he was affecting market prices and thus could be regulated. The feds won.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn

It's completely fucked.

WHY DO THEY MAKE THE COLORS SO CLOSE TO THE SAME
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOUR FUCKING GRAPH
GOD FUCKING DAMN IT
FUCKING EYES, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU

It's how it really was supposed to be, fucking Yankees ruining everything.

Future cases defined interstate commerce as also anything domestic that has an impact on interstate commerce or anything that might become interstate commerce.

The fact that a Montana made AR in Montana reduces the demand of ARs imported from other states makes interstate commerce.

The fact that it hypothetically could be sold illegally or otherwise out of state makes it interstate.

The interstate commerce clause was long taught in law school to be theoretically limitless and a possible rogue loophole to the idea of state sovereignty. It was only limited by the ACA case: the federal government can't create its own market and force compliance under the commerce clause.

this t b h

>open warfare between the states will result in global war and the loss of us hegemony
Fucking good, the rest of the world isn't our damn problem.

Attached: __mars_expedition_drawn_by_coh__364c0ba2fa885df0ada9289b3d274996.jpg (1200x800, 492K)

>Future cases defined interstate commerce as also anything domestic that has an impact on interstate commerce or anything that might become interstate commerce.
You say that like it's not utter bullshit that obviously flies in the face of the constitution.

Definitely remember my Con-law teacher railing against it as the ultimate source of Federal power.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Missoula is gay Portland.

>thinking any of this will be relevant when you live in a brown banana republic

you incels can't kill your high cholesterol. Stop LARPing

>and the loss of us hegemony
good

Just import the steel