I have a business idea

>buy MiG jet
>take people to the edge of space and let them experience supersonic speeds and zero g for $$$
>aircraft pays for itself
>i can fly a fighter jet for fun and get money for it

Attached: mig-21.jpg (480x230, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

migflug.com/flights-prices/mig-29-edge-of-space/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There are indeed businesses like that. Plane burns like $6k/hr without the afterburner on it and that's fuel alone iirc.

That's not a new idea, bud.
migflug.com/flights-prices/mig-29-edge-of-space/

There is absolutely no fun in flying a fighter jet

Attached: 1551586321709.jpg (500x535, 71K)

sounds like the quintessential 14 year old's business plan

Attached: DzIQKl5WoAAxPA_.jpg (561x716, 52K)

its still a good one. people want to do it so i can provide it too.

Great idea user!
Now all you need is
>buy a MiG
> get your pilots license and trained to fly one
>get insured by some company willing to pay for whatever risks occur with regards to flying tourists in an old MiG to the edge of space (:
>get approval from your governments business bureau to open said business
>get enough attention from the public to actual get willing participants
>hire a lawyer to come up with all necessary documents and help apply for licensing
It’s as simple as 1-2-3!

yeah, the price would have to include those factors

theres this thing called investors

>”durr hoo want 2 cum fly in my MiG!? It only kost 10,000 neet bux! U get 2 see teh edge of spase!!! Even though technically you don’t, u just get to see the point wher teh atmosphere is thin enough 2 beh blak

eat a bag of dicks with that monkey model

Attached: dat_ass.jpg (1280x781, 88K)

Good luck

shhh don't ruin his dreams user, that's just mean

At least he could he get parts for the MiG 21 pretty easy unlike British stuff

lmao I'm sure I had this exact idea when I was that age

Also hire an entire crew to maintain and break apart this aircraft every x hours/buy thousand dollar parts when they are slightly worn

>yeah, the price would have to include those factors
not only that but aircraft insurance is insane

1. You can't do it with a MiG that can be bought on the free market
2. Spare part are sanctioned
3. It will not pay off.

why bother insuring it? if you crash you just die

>>get insured by some company willing to pay for whatever risks occur with regards to flying tourists in an old MiG to the edge of space (:

Sure thats a business, those exist. Not even a bad idea at all. Here's the problem, what do you bring to the table? Are you an attorney and gonna draft papers? Or a pilot and gonna fly it? Maybe your the mechanic who is gonna repair it? If your none of the above then here is the problem. No investor is gonna give you money if you know literally zero about the business your getting into. Convincing people to give you hundreds of thousands for a business idea isn't easy if you have no fucking idea what your doing. How do you pitch an idea like that? How much are your yearly expenses and profits? What are the liabilities? Who do you go to for the various insurances?

You might even be able to answer a couple of those questions, but you didn't answer the biggest one. Who the fuck are you gonna ask to invest? You need an in to get investors. The biggest bonus ex-mil guys have isn't their fucking record or training, it's the acknowledgement and connections from their service. You don't know anybody. Cold calling people to give you a million to start a hairbrained idea like this so you can hire someone else who actually knows something about this and sit on the sidelines and rake in cash won't fly.

Pretty sure you need insurance on an aircraft if you're going to fly it, no different than a car.

i will be the pilot and the mechanic. i have training for fixing jets and i will get my pilots license after the military.

Oh, okay, then yeah that's pretty solid. It might take awhile, but I'd suggest doing defense contracting after. Some of those guys rake in big bucks, have no wives, and might just like the idea of their friend owning a jet they can go up in and invest.

im definitely going to invest in and after the air force. im leaning towards real estate and i might start my own gas turbine repair shop if i can, but its quite a niche market.

Let me help you do some basic research and discover the problem in your plan.

>what altitude does the sky start going dark
>what is the maximum zoom climb altitude of a mig 21

Here's a hint: you probably can't.

Attached: 1546198263141.jpg (540x362, 45K)

OP I'm the first guy to answer your post. I'll fly the MiG, I almost have my commercial rating and I'm instrument rated which will be a requirement for going 18,000' or higher up. I play a lot of DCS so I could probably not get killed if I were to try now. Anyway let me know when you get it.

>t. Never got his incentive ride