Cloud Defensive OWL

Convince me not to replace my Surefire M300 Scout light with pic related

Attached: C03C686F-83C5-4A43-ACDE-E7B56A12C111.jpg (3271x1837, 1.57M)

Because It's the length of a M600 and the entire thing is the width of the head of a M952. It's fucking dumb and replacing a M300 with it is pants on head retarded.

>1,250 lumens
>integrated switch and mount
>no loose wires
>user serviceable lens
>waterproof and shockproof
>most durable weaponlight on the market
>”but muh size”

OWL looks neat, I'm pretty interested in their rail for it as well since it would give me an excuse to finally get rid of my firestarter bendy rail.

If you aren't the price isn't a huge detractor for you, I'd say go for it.

Nothing wrong with M600 length, even on my 10.3" there is no great benefit to having a shorter light. I've always thought downgrading to an M300 wasn't worth it to start. CR123 lights on rifles really need 2 cells to get enough oomph behind them.

Attached: concussionbot.jpg (4000x3000, 2.29M)

What’s the weight on that?

>$400 for a massive brick with no pressure switch with a 1000+ lumen output for long distance on a 10.3 AR that's effective to about 50y
Yeah OP do it.

>10.3" effective to about 50y
How does it feel to be this noguns?

Corded pressure switch*

Enjoy your dogshit ballistics Pedro.

My biggest issue with it is it will be weird to run with a laser. If you aren't ever going to use a laser or some sort, go for it.

Ammo design has improved since 1994, user. There are plenty of choices designed for SBR's that give good performance.

My reply was going to be "1000 lumen brick on the end of a short barrel AR". Your beat me to it.

Do it
Fuck Surefire
>inb4 it was for contracts
They gave gungrabbers thousands of dollars. The ends do not justify the means.

t. POTUS

Any gun related company in a blue state has to donate to dem's just to survive, even without the whole pay to play thing with contracts.

That lumen output is incredibly overkill for the ranges an AR with that short of a barrel is optimal for. For a recce, full size, or even 14.5, sure. What looks to be a 10.5? You need to have a better grasp on how to best implement your setups.

Get the fuck back in your containment thread you absolute faggots

How about you go fuck your whore mother you butthurt nigger

>thinks the lumen output is too high for indoor work

How does it feel to be this fudd?

That is retardedly over the top for indoor you idiot.

>turn on 1250 lumen light in darkness with eyes acclimated to dark
>any wall that is even slightly reflective and/or in a color not fucking navy blue or brown hurls it back at you and fucks your ability to see
try doing night room clearing before spouting off

No, it's really not. Most rooms aren't blacked out and even still, if you keep the light oriented downwards like you should, it won't be an issue.

I've been a cop for 6 years, I probably have more experience clearing rooms in the dark and at night than you.

Damn that’s a fat ass.

Then they need to fucking leave and stop supporting that state’s economy and politicians like Magpul did.

Fuck off, brownshirt
Don’t you need to go serve a no nock warrant and shoot an old lady at the wrong house?

I highly doubt a cop of 6 years wouldn't understand a concept as basic as backwash, nor fail to comprehend that for indoor illumination, lumen output is a distant second to spill in regards to effectiveness. A 100 lumen light will provide perfectly adequate illumination for a typical dark room, what matters is it also spreads that light out over as a wide an area and as evenly as possible. And you don't have to worry about mercing your own vision because you were stupid enough to bring a miniature sun for room-to-room sweeps.

post duty piece pig

no. they dont.

Attached: keep walkin.gif (500x256, 909K)

>reflective surfaces stop existing so long as you angle your light and barrel downward a bit :)
Oh cool so you just wind up potentially nuking your ability to see right when you bring your gun up to ventilate a spook that's freaking out on meth

You dont need a lot of spill with a powerful light like you do with a less powerful one. With enough candela you can umbrella the ceiling or bounce the floor for area lighting as opposed to having to directly illuminate with a low output light,

Then when you DO have to shine your light at someone a high output light better controls their visual horizon.

Not to mention you can actually illuminate someone against a backlight for identification ie from a dark room into a lit doorway.

Oh great, now your light has to be wherever you want to mount the switch.
>user serviceable lens
BFD
It's TOO durable. I don't need the light if the rifle it's attached to is turned into a pretzel. Make it less durable but not weight as much as an EOTech and we'll talk. Also no emergency CR123 use is kind of a no go for anything serious IMO. It also doesn't achieve significantly more lux on targets downrange than the HL-X for nearly 1/4th the price.

I like the water resistance built in, that's great, and I also like that they're trying to make a serious Surefire competitor unlike Streamlight. This light just ain't it, chief.

>With enough candela you can umbrella the ceiling or bounce the floor for area lighting as opposed to having to directly illuminate with a low output light,
All of which requires angling your weapon away from where potential threats are likely to be, and will likely provide a less consistent spread than a lower output light. You're not really posting advantages a miniature sun gives, just additional steps that need to be taken while using it to make it perform like a wide-beamed, low-output light and/or to avoid inadvertently removing the most essential sense required for fighting. When deployed, we called these kind of things "liabilities."

>And you don't have to worry about mercing your own vision because you were stupid enough to bring a miniature sun for room-to-room sweeps.
Do you have some sort of eye disease? Even a high candela light like an HL-X won't bother your eyes indoors, you fucking goober who doesn't own anything except an M951 or some shit.

I've already explained in detail why high lumen output indoors can be detrimental, and I have a M952v for nostalgia, a pair of M300s (200 and 500 lumen) and an M600DF but thank you for your input.

When deployed you were also employed to kill in areas where doing so was necessary. Policing action is commonly far less direct. Search, assess, de-escalate is the name of the game. The incredibly short time it takes to snap a weapon up from a low ready to engage with the rifle is far less important than the benefits a more powerful light brings to the table.

I personally feel that discussions of a light as they relate to home defense can draw better from LEO than they can Mil. You are welcome to disagree.

I have a 1,000 lumen light on my AR and it is easily 2x too bright.
If you look at the center of the beam while pointing it at an interior wall you easily might as well have just looked at the sun.

this is fucking awful yet you listed it like some sort of positive feature

I do disagree, since the implementation of lights in the two fields is far more similar than you are making it out to be and does not correspond with the significantly differing use of the weaponry they are mounted on.

Cuck

>M952v
Didn't those have issues

Absolutely. The one I have works fine, but if it does start inadvertently strobing for no discernible reason that will just add to its nostalgia factor for me.

>I've already explained in detail why high lumen output indoors can be detrimental
No, you haven't. You complained about backwash which isn't a problem if you aren't shining your light at a mirror.

>t. nimrod who doesn't understand how light works
any non-dark wall, especially if it has anything resembling a glossy surface, is going to fuck your shit dumbass, and how many dwellings do you know of that don't have mirrors in them? fucking think before you try to appear like you know anything.

I have white walls in my house, nimrod. Shit is fine. Have your eyes checked, faggot.
>and how many dwellings do you know of that don't have mirrors in them?
How many people have the inability to not point something at a mirror, dipshit?

The fact you didn't even consider windows means it's time for you to be quiet now, mkay

you're retarded
it's really amazing isn't it?

>I highly doubt a cop of 6 years
also law enforcement, ive never had a problem using an HLX (1000 lumens) for building searches at night. If we're appealing to peoples experience here, john lovell (ranger) the guy from Mrgunsngear (ranger) and the guy from sage dynamics (trainer, LE, former mil) have all said that in videos that there is basically no such thing as too many lumens indoors when it comes to weapon lights. (within reason)

Do you actually think it's reasonable to assume someone should avoid pointing their weapon light at mirrors (and windows since they will reflect just as much light) while scanning dark rooms for potentially lethal threats, or are you just being a contrarian for attention?

Fuck is wrong with your windows that it's that reflective? Also who leaves their windows fucking open at night?

>Do you actually think it's reasonable to assume someone should avoid pointing their weapon light at mirrors (and windows since they will reflect just as much light) while scanning dark rooms for potentially lethal threats
Yes, ask anyone who actually trains people and people who actually do it. If you know it's there, you avoid it. Your 60 lumen light with a tight beam will blind you just as much if you point it at a 98% reflective surface.

You have to be pretending to be this stupid holy shit

You must genuinely live in a basement if you think windows are mirrors. Further, why are you windows wide open at night?

This thread lowered my IQ, thanks OP, VERY cool!

Brainlet extraordinaire.

I'm sorry that you live in a basement and have never seen a window before. I'll call the UN about your human rights violation in the morning.

Go into a totally dark room with a window and turn a light onto it and see what happens. Holy shit you're fucking stupid. Like justifiable abortion stupid, but your parents didn't go through with it for some unfortunate reason, and now we're stuck with putting up with your unfathomable idiocy.

FUCK you're dumb.

>Go into a totally dark room with a window and turn a light onto it and see what happens.
You act like I've never done this. But hey, I have. Shit is not a mirror. There's some reflection but it's not any worse than a wall. Sorry champ, go figure out your eye disease.

>There's some reflection but it's not any worse than a wall.
Hahahahaha fucking RETARD, like holy shit how are you even able to BREATHE, hahahaha.

>flat glass surface is just as reflective as a standard interior wall
Well this is an interesting degree of dumbfuckery you don't see here that often....

Attached: vladimir-putin-afp_650x400_41450353442.jpg (650x400, 14K)

If you already know that you want it, or likely already ordered it with money you don't have, why the fuck are you so desperate to start an argument you faggot

>no loose wires
This is an interesting spin on
>You either use TOB or you can go get fucked

Yeah, because it has enough material in the housing that you could make a Stryker out of it. If I had a red dot and that was an emitter and some lenses buried inside a fist sized hunk of depleted uranium I'd have the most durable optic on the market. That doesn't mean it's in any way necessary or even rational.