When was the last time tanks engaged other tanks in battle anywhere in the world?

When was the last time tanks engaged other tanks in battle anywhere in the world?

Attached: C701D032-EE69-4CC8-ABEF-EBABFBC9434B.jpg (1486x963, 221K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r-5qtmaDLfg
youtube.com/watch?v=nIh0Mn8UHOI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_73_Easting
youtube.com/watch?v=oAiHReUQDW8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That one time a bit ago

there have been sporadic armored combat recently

but the last great tank battle was T-72 vs M1 abrams in the gulf war

Ukraine like 2 years ago

ISIS in Syria with commandeered/stolen/bought/CIA asset US Abrams tanks vs Syrian/Turkish forces
There's videos online

Where can i find these videos?

liveleak

It happens in Syria sporadically. Here's a compilation of footage. But it's not really a "battle" I guess, more so along the lines of tank duels.

youtube.com/watch?v=r-5qtmaDLfg

Ukraine
Sudan
Maybe Yemen

That is bullshit and you know it.

Well, if shit keeps going down between India and Pakistan, then Indian T-90s will be slugging it out against Paki T-80s

Attached: T-90.jpg (1964x1257, 790K)

Is this a good tank? It doesn't have a 7.62 gun though.

Attached: thermobaric.jpg (780x497, 49K)

What did he mean by this?

There's video evidence of it firing at direct line of sight to an Abrams tank and the Abrams just shrug it off. It even fired all its rockets.

And non-stop Vatnik rage defending their shitty tanks because those are monkey models.

Wowie, is there a link?

That is LITERALLY a self propelled rocket launcher, not a tank

Battle of 73 Easting, 1991.
Overwhelming US victory vs Iraqi Republican Guard t-72s in a night engagement.

Classified video evidence. It's by Russians so they try hard to keep it away. As it turns out, the thermobaric rockets of a TOS-1 cannot penetrate a tank.

youtube.com/watch?v=nIh0Mn8UHOI

lol

Considering they are not HEAT rounds I wouldn’t be surprised
The abrams crew probably got quite the rattling, though

cringe

To be fair, most late Cold War MBTs had been designed with CBRN resistance in mind. If a tank has been designed to withstand the heat and pressure from being only a few miles away from a tactical nuclear blast, then the heat and pressure from a conventional thermobaric warhead isn't anything special.

Why do Muslims have to ruin combat footage by sitting aside and incoherently rambling and chanting? I'm starting to see a pattern here.
It goes to show how shit their military prowess is when EVERY single engagement they pull this.
I'm beginning to think modern Islamic armies are generally incapable of forming combined, organized offenses. Sure, sometimes there's nothing to do but wait and watch, but they have such a lackadaisical attitude with this shit all the time. They're not actually accomplishing anything, strategically. It's like they're just watching a boxing match, when they should be making a push to press an advantage. Imagine this shit on the Eastern Front. Imagine countless footage of Krauts and Ruskies, sitting around, quietly babbling "heil hitler" and "urraa" while a Panzer and T34 sit in place and shoot at each other.
You would think, when tanks are fighting in these circumstances, they're trying to accomplish an operational success, because tanks are expensive. But no, Muslims have a bad habit of just pointlessly beating each other with sticks until something happens. They're not actually thinking about warfare in operational terms, they're just thinking about it like a bunch of tribal monkeys. It's 100% attrition based, except they lack the sophistication to understand that, because attrition doesn't mean shit if you can't actually cross the other guy's border.

Muslims kicked American ass and you are just butthurt.

>my dad works at nintendo

>As it turns out, the thermobaric rockets of a TOS-1 cannot penetrate a tank.
I don't think you understand what thermobaric weapons are and what they're designed to do.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_73_Easting
Oh yes, I forgot about all those stunning victories Islam is famous for in the last 70 years.

Attached: SureThing.png (306x607, 17K)

Chinese thermobarics can melt an Abrams' armor.

>they're just thinking about it like a bunch of tribal monkeys
Outlined multiple times that this is 100% the case, in any direct confrontation they’ll get blown the fuck out. It’s all machismo, saber rattling and acting like you’re tough shit. Doesn’t help that all the cousin fucking and koran studying is keeping them dumb as rocks, this does however provide them with a quick to anger temperament and prone to violence like moral. Half the reason these conflicts keep dragging on are their ridiculous vendetta’s and the fact that unhinged psychopaths are so effective at assassinating people they don’t like which sets of these escalations. Any force willing to match the arab/muslims level of barbarity will stamp out their shitty insurrections and retarded vendetta’s in no time.

>the Gavin taking fewer losses than tanks and bradleys
when will you guys just accept the M113 as your lord and saviour?

But both are Russians tanks? Or am I missing something?

Sounds like bullshit desu, it's an artillery piece that was primarily used against fortifications. Noone would be surprised if a fucking thermobaric rocket launcher wouldn't completely destroy any solid tank.

BURATINO BTFO

Ukraine War had sizeable tank battles.

A C A V

It's a flamethrower.

Lol Russian mental gymnastics everyone.

Well it is technically considered to be a flamethrower tank by russians because it's MLRS system is armed with thermobaric weapons. This is why TOS-1 is not even assigned to artillery units and used exclusively by russian CBRN units.

>millions of dead mudslimes vs like 3600 dead Americans
Yeah OK retard

In Russian, flamethrower can be more closely translated to flame 'projection' or flame 'launching' which is why RF will stuff like the TOS a flamethrower

> Thing not meant to kill tanks does not kill tanks

IMPLESSIVE

I mean, load some incendiaries and it'll werf the flammen.

Early on in the Syrian civil war and during the early War in Donbass. I think about 3 years ago.

In both cases one side was shown to have a better tank fleet and the other side stopped trying to fight tanks with tanks. In both cases it did end up working out for the side with fewer tanks but only do to large amounts of aid. In Syrian in was anti-tank missiles. In Donbass the rebels got huge volumes of artillery ( with the crews of course).

>Ended up working for the side with fewer tanks
Nibba have you looked at the current Syrian map?

You are not wrong but there is a gaint issue with the point you are making. The fortunes of battle turning in that war has far more to do with infighting among the rebels and a ally entering the war on the side of the government then who had more tanks. The point that I was making is that a advantage in tanks can be and has been counter by foes with advantages in other material areas.

I am going to make a another point, the primary role of tanks is not to fight other tanks. It is to race to infantry that are not yet in a defensive set up and break them.

Here is a example a platoon of T-72 (4) find a US army infantry platoon (39). They have one FGM-148 Javelin launcher. Ideally that kills one T-72 but that means 3 tanks are free to kill who ever launched that missile and then everyone who does not scatter.

>t. Abu Hajar

did nothing wrong desu

Why lie when it's so obviously caught out

Sporadic tanks encountering another one? This year. Ukraine and Syria.

Squadron sized purposeful encounters? Iraq 2003, 14 Challengers encountered 14 T-55s at once.

Full scale? 1991, probably 73 Easting being the biggest.

I think the Pakis are trying to buy Ukrainian versions like the T-80D and wanted to buy sime T-84s. But that was stalled by Russia invading Ukraine.

Attached: T-84.jpg (1390x868, 137K)

>I think the Pakis are trying to buy Ukrainian versions like the T-80D
They bought back in the 90th.*
That 300+ T-80UD order basically saved Malyshev plant back in the 90th

>hur miles away
They are literally built to withstand the blast just right outside the fireball.
Are you fucking retarded?

Tank battles in Ukraine basically showed all the "hurr durr tank is obsolete!" talk was bullshit. When both sides are rocking ERA to stop ATGMs, and air support is too dangerous because of SAMs, the best way to kill a tank is with another tank's cannon. The only other threat was mobility kills from cluster munition artillery, and even then being in a tank was way safer than being in a lighter armored vehicle which gets popped easily and everyone dies (of course the safest place to be of all was in a prepared shelter which is why warfare turned into trench lines with entrenched positions and tanks sniping at each other a few km away).

I find tanks sexually attractive.

I know it's not a perfect game but I love World of Tanks, the new frontline mode with 30v30 on a massive map is basically a perfect opportunity orgy of armored vehicles conflict, and now I can ram kill waifish french wheelie boys in my m41 bulldog. I maintain a semi through a few matches and then finish on the figure in pic. Fuck I love tanks

Attached: ml11-35-female-wwii-russian-tank-crew_1_12c636cad31de30184565a37ec1fcb30.jpg (400x300, 29K)

>t-72 took 7 seconds to start firing when it came to a halt
wow...

The internet

>a notably cramped and small cabin
>staffed by a race that has, historically, performed very poor under any stress
What could go wrong?

Was that before or after that other thing?

G U L F W A R. Everyone forgets about the gulf war.
>probably cause all those war crimes

Waste of holy trips.

>is there a link
>nope it's classified so you better believe what I say is true ;)

for those who havnt seen it

youtube.com/watch?v=oAiHReUQDW8

>H.R McMaster is featured in it around the 14 min mark

Attached: hrmcmaster.jpg (305x165, 8K)