Why the hell does no one carry these?

Why the hell does no one carry these?

Academy, Cabela's, Bass Pro Shop all told me I'd have to order it online. They would sell like a mother. What the hell is their problem?

Attached: charger.jpg (640x480, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

georgiagunstore.com/ruger-22-charger-22lr-10-blk-15rd.html
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/Charger
targetsportsusa.com/independence-aluminum-9mm-luger-ammo-115-grain-fmj-value-pack-ial9115100-p-109158.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It’s a Canadian conspiracy because they leafs are butthurt

It's literally a 22 pistol and literally useless compared to other regular 22 pistols.

Why the fuck are you ordering a gun through a local gunstore? Why not buy it yourself online, pay no tax, transfer is cheaper than paying tax. You're saving tons of fucking money by not buying their markup.

Yeah what's the deal with that anyway?

What retarded law do they break?

>The three largest retailers in the country

>LGS

They get them cheaper than you're going to be able to order them individually because they buy in bulk

>It's literally a 22 pistol and literally useless compared to other regular 22 pistols.

>Take down threaded 22 pistol that takes 25rd mags that don't jam

Show me a Lel Kek gimmick that doesn't misfeed at least once per magazine

No they don't. If anything they get them cheaper but still mark you up.

Big stores are not your friend on getting good deals. Why buy ammo or guns though them when I can do it online myself and pay no tax? I get ammo online like 9mm for 15cpr, pay no shipping or tax and no fucking big chain store is gonna beat that let alone with paying tax.

Find a non-take down Charger for $269 online that isn't one of the big chains

georgiagunstore.com/ruger-22-charger-22lr-10-blk-15rd.html

Man that was fucking hard to use Jow Forumsgundeals and gun.deals to find it

You're gonna pay 270 plus tax? Jesus christ. You could pay 35 for shipping and transfer on this 207 and come out way cheaper.

Leafs have a ban on hi cap pistol mags but they could have 25rd 10/22 mags.
When the Charger was introduced, their hi cap 10/22 rifle mags became illegal hi-cap pistol mags and they had to give em up
It literally cucked them.

Holy shit are you a fucking Fudd? How did you not Google it?

gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/Charger

I bet you pay 20cpr for 9mm and 8cpr for 22lr too

Where are you getting 9mm shipped for free from?

Targetsportsusa.com

16cpr 9mm for 160 dollars for 1k rounds, free shipping. Cheaper with my membership I can get it for 14.7cpr

targetsportsusa.com/independence-aluminum-9mm-luger-ammo-115-grain-fmj-value-pack-ial9115100-p-109158.aspx

Just in case you didn't believe me.

The steel shit is cheaper too and that starts at 14cpr

>It's literally a 22 pistol and literally useless compared to other regular 22 pistols.
its a bench pistol. comparing it to a 22/45 is missing the point, you don't keep a charger on your hip, and you don't bench plink with a 22/45.

If I'm bench plinking I'm gonna use a regular 10/22 which will get me way better accuracy.

>They would sell like a mother
they actually DONT sell like a mother if you really want to know why they dont carry them.

Also fuck the big box stores. gundeals.com for current production and gunbroker for hard to find or used stuff.

explain how a regular 10/22 will get you "way better accuracy"? and please don't say barrel length.

The barrel on the charger is so fucking short it suffers the same way that a pistol won't out perform a ruger pc9. Yes barrel length can contribute to accuracy when you're taking a 10" barrel vs a 16" that's a huge difference and it's why many Olympic guns are the way they are, so stupidly long purely because they need it. If they didn't they could easily save weight in biathalons by running shorter barrels but they don't.

>they actually DONT sell like a mother if you really want to know why they dont carry them.

nobody is buying ruger these days, for some reason. they have been selling really great shit for bargain basement prices. the 10/22 target lite model, for example, gets you a lightweight synthetic thumbhole stock; tensioned, sleeved, floated, threaded match grade barrel; the upgraded bx trigger pack, scope mounts, and generally stuff you'd be paying $1000 to slap on aftermarket. it's $500. nobody knows about them, nobody carries them, nobody seems to want them. but shoot one and its a quick favorite.

Scuse me 18.5" VS 10"

10" is plenty of length to drive your average 22lr up to speeds that will maintain good accuracy out to the effective range of most 22lr rifle platforms. slightly better accuracy is a statement I could buy, but not "way better". it's literally a 10/22 platform with a different stock and a shorter barrel, if you keep the stock barrel in place.

10" charger pushes high velocity 22lr only 1000fps at the muzzle while a 18.5" 10/22 pushes 1250fps

General rule of thumb is 80% velocity at 100 yards so you're doing 800fps vs 1k fps which is a pretty stark different.

You're an idiot. All three of those sell firearms at a markup.
When I was looking for SP101s, cabelas had them for $600, the gun shop literally 25 seconds from my house had them for $475.

It's all about overhead. The LGS near me doesnt have 150 employees to pay every week, so they dont need to mark up shit to astronomical prices.
I guarantee Cabelas buys guns for cheaper than my LGS but they definitely dont pass the savings on to you.
If you seriously think that you are a brainlet consumer whore NPC

This is why I never buy guns or ammo at a gun shop and always buy online.

No one can beat 14.7cpr 9mm

250fps really isn't *that* much velocity gain - 1/5th - relative to nearly doubling the barrel length, and in some situations (like running suppressed) is exactly what you don't want. it's 22lr. if you're an olympian, sure, ok you're not going to run a regular 10/22 either.

personally, i can see some use cases for the charger. one is for a younger person's first pistol. another is as a "pack pistol". will i trade my volquartsen'd out 10/22 for one? no, but honestly for the street price of $200 or so, it's not a bad option at all and I kind of want to pick one up just to run with an aeris suppressor and some kind of gimmicky optic

That's pretty different, all right. And since the 1250fps will be decelerating through the sound barrier, and the 1000fps won't...
You didn't think this through, did you?

Gundeal, or any fucking gun magazine has promos and seals for free shipping on ammo. It's like you're incapable of looking this crap up for 20 seconds.

And yet the 10/22 will be consistently more accurate with the same ammo regardless. A 40gr round doesn't smack itself by its own sonic boom when going transsonic like a 308 at 1000 yards from a 24" barrel will. The difference between a 308 doing 0.75moa and not hitting the 12" target at 1k yards it's not the same as the shitty 2-3moa from high velocity ammo at 100 yards.

Even still you can just use standard velocity ammo if you really think transsonic progression is an issue for 40gr bullet.

I saw one in a pawn shop desu

I agred my dude.
I occasionally throw my local gun store (the one 25 seconds away) some business because they are good people and I shoot there twice a week.
Occassionally I'll buy a gun there because theres a few people there that give me pretty deep discounts every now and then.
I felt kind of guilty for not buying there for a while and just picked up a Pro Series S for $10 less than MSRP, but as far as I can tell you cant find them anywhere for less than MSRP.
Not a great deal but I'm happy and so are they.

>ballistics is magically different with .22s
No, it's fucking not.

Why is the stainless model of this with a threaded barrel so fucking hard to find?

Yeah uh longer barrel is less accurate because of harmonic whip. Please stop spouting fudd lore.

>harmonic whip

>with a .22

Attached: retarded.jpg (1224x1445, 219K)

Having a stock? Fucking hell these kids in Jow Forums without guns.

Having a brace? Or fuck it, with that threaded barrel go full NFA, suppressor, and SBR.

Why do you think they make .920 inch bull barrels?
Is harmonic whip less stupid than barrel length helping accuracy? Particularly on a cartridge where barrel length barely matters?

agreed, im thinking of selling my sig tacops 10mm to buy their 10mm 1911 to replace it and maybe something else with the rest of the money

>I shoot there twice a week.
user ND's twice a week in store and feels the need to buy more ammo to perpetuate this cycle

Kek'd
I usually just walk in and point at what I'd like to look at by firing a few rounds at it

>why 1" bull barrels
because retards ask for them.