Save the "poorfag lol" and credit card shit, are the $150 uppers from PSA really that bad...

save the "poorfag lol" and credit card shit, are the $150 uppers from PSA really that bad? i just want something to get me into the AR game to see if i like it, so i really cant see anything wrong with a $350 ar-15 to see if its something i wanna invest more in. thoughts?
>inb4 just get a $1k ar lol
>inb4 lol poorfag

Attached: Complete-PSA-AR-15-Rifle-Free-Shipping-Deal-600x326.jpg (600x326, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-5-56-nato-1-7-nit-13-5-mlok-w-nibr-bcg-mbus-ss.html
youtube.com/watch?v=crdPv6nAQwU
youtube.com/watch?v=8IJU0zm1glY
youtu.be/RuQ0pilJV0g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have 3 basic bitch PSA’s
All are just fine.
On par with what I was issued inna army

so they're milspec?

I like mine fine. 16 inch stainless barrel, it wasn't the cheapest I could find but it sure wasn't expensive.

At that price point they're dirt-shooter grade. It's not going to blow up in your hand but you won't take it to war if that makes sense, but for a $350 toy you're fine. And honestly you can basically keep the lower and upper and just put shit on it down the line if you want, there's nothing really mechanically "wrong" with those two parts from them other than fit and finish.

thats pretty much what im looking for. if i wanna get serious ill slap an aero on it and furnish it woth some nicer stuff later but the insane faggotry from /arg/ confuses me because they insist that i spend 1k minimum on something i dont know if ill enjoy yet

They’re not milspec lmao they’re poorfag shit with little effort put into QC.

They’ll run well enough for 80% of Jow Forums users but anybody who tells you his PSA is “juss as gud” as a BCM etc is a copefag.

PSA uppers are totally decent and a great way to get your feet wet without sinking a paycheck.

This one is an outstanding value and is ready to rock if you have a locally sourced lower built.

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-5-56-nato-1-7-nit-13-5-mlok-w-nibr-bcg-mbus-ss.html

I fucking hated ARs for a long time, mainly because I'm a contrarian faggot.
I decided to build mine over a month or two when money allowed it.
I'm way happier that I went that route over going the PSA route.
There isn't anything wrong with PSA, but my AR that I built shoots and feels way better than my friends PSA builds.

>At that price point they're dirt-shooter grade. It's not going to blow up in your hand but you won't take it to war if that makes sense

This fucking meme-speak. IT WONT GO TO WAR, ITS NOT GUCCI ENOUGH! HYUK HYUK.

Meanwhile, the motherfucking Vietcong with literal skeletal foot stocks kicked the USA out of the country.

GUCCI AR FAGS ARE THE WORST.

Attached: guts__black_berserk_rage_by_drace_sylvanian-d4rwmm1.png (1920x1080, 1.48M)

In no way will I defend /arg/'s absolute buttfuckery but consider that shit parts have very little resale.

OH NO ID NEVER TAKE ONE TO WARR LOL

Literally Fudd Tier post. Holy shit. Please go back to your AR containment thread.

I have a M&P Sport II, I have a milspec Stag Arms A4 clone, and I have a A1 clone I built out of Colt parts. I've shot BCM, DD, and FN.
The cheap ARs might not be "just as good" but the differences are extremely marginal. You'll be fine with the PSA, don't let poseurs give you shit

>They’re not milspec lmao they’re poorfag shit with little effort put into QC.
Milspec mostly doesn't matter and some parts being milspec is detrimental.
>barrels are 4150 or FN "machinegun steel"
Doesn't matter.
>Barrels aren't chrome lined
This is a good thing in an AR. Chrome lining is for slavshit.
>if you get a cheaper bolt, steel isn't Carpenter 158
Doesn't matter
>doesn't have the retard switch
because duh.

Milspec isn't some insane high standard when it comes to ARs. It's a marketing gimmick.

You're best bet for a relatively cheap mil-spec is probably CMMG. I have a Del-Ton AR as well and it certainly shoots but I wouldn't delude myself into thinking it was "just as good." The CMMG hasn't given me any issues though. Windham is another good to go if you want an entry level AR that isn't going to frustrate you at the range.

they're fine, go for it and ignore any crap you read on Jow Forums

>save the "poorfag lol" and credit card shit, are the $150 uppers from PSA really that bad?As of right now, there is no $150 PSA upper assembly. There is a $169 10" bbl assembly with no BCG, charging handle. or rear sight. The cheapest PSA upper assembly with a bolt carrier group and charging handle is $229, but you'll still need to buy a rear sight or an optic sight. While I doubt that all PSA AR products are mil spec, they almost always function and are a good starting point for assembling your first AR on the cheap. For inexpensive builds, I've preferred Del-Ton completed uppers and LPKs. Del-Ton's list prices are quite a bit more than PSA's, but if you get on Del-Ton's email list, they have frequent sales with a full rifle kit within $20 of PSA's "Freedom rifle" kits and have much higher quality.

Here's PSA's cheapest AR surviving 5,000 rounds with no major failures, including firing a full round through a sand test most AKs fail at. The ammo costs 5x more than the fucking gun at this point. And it will keep going with no issue.
youtube.com/watch?v=crdPv6nAQwU
Here's a Daniel Defense shitting the bed at 2500 rounds
youtube.com/watch?v=8IJU0zm1glY

i put a 16" mid gas together and have almost 2k rounds of ancient norinco through it with only a few primers that popped out and kept the bolt from going into battery. i put a cheap utg scope and offset irons and it gets good groups. fuck those gucci snobs

I have like 4 PSA rifle kits, haven't built them yet. Of the 4 uppers I got they all seem good except on of em the gas tube is misaligned and bowing to one side in the upper. I've taken pictures and will probably send it back in for them to fix. All in all I'm happy with what I got for the price.

I'm thinking about getting a COLT LE6920 to add to my collection. Probably isn't worth it but I think it will get the OEM 1 with fixed front sight post for like 700ish.

I have like 4 PSA rifle kits, haven't built them yet. Of the 4 uppers I got they all seem good except on one of em the gas tube is misaligned and bowing to one side in the upper. I've taken pictures and will probably send it back in for them to fix. All in all I'm happy with what I got for the price.

I'm thinking about getting a COLT LE6920 to add to my collection. Probably isn't worth it but I think it will get the OEM 1 with fixed front sight post for like 700ish.

heres a pic of the upper.

Aesthetically I don't care but it may cause issues with the bolt over time and or fuck up the gun being that misaligned.

Attached: 3213123.jpg (4606x2746, 1.16M)

My other 3 uppers from PSA were spot on and evenly aligned. The biggest thing is just check for these things like the front sight post being centered, the gas tube being aligned correctly etc and if it's bad PSA will fix it. You can save a lot of money and get a GOOD AR through PSA.

>send it back for gas tube off-center by like .020"

Seriously? Bend it so it's centered if it bothers you so much. Or leave it, it won't fuck up anything with the bolt.

>This is a good thing in an AR.

Faxxon pls go. Gas nitride case hardening does nothing for corrosion resistance.

Are you a security guard at the beach shooting corrosive ammo?

my PSA is really good. I put 200 rounds through it at the range.

Attached: GlockAR.jpg (720x960, 52K)

Needs more skulls, I can't take a rifle seriously unless it's got at least three Punisher skulls and some green zombie shit.

Pls stop with Vietnamese memes. We forced them into a peace treaty that they later renigged on

Good thing there isn't any corrosive 5.56, you fucking retard.

Owning this rifle automatically qualifies you for SNAP assistance.

RIFLE IS FINE COMRADE, HOW MANY CAPITALIST DOGS HAVE BEEN DOWNED BY 20 ISRAELI-BURGER DOLLAR RIFLE KALASHNIKOV AVTOMAT. YOUR RIFLE SHOOT AND HAVE SPIRIT OF CAPITALIST EAGLE, ALL YOU NEED

Attached: antpepe.jpg (27x21, 803)

Honestly PSA makes some good upper receivers, they're just a tad on the pricy side. All that really matters in a good "war gun" is functionality and reliability.

The only thing you really need to look at when looking for a battle rifle is
1. Barrel Quality
2. Barrel twist ratio
3. Bolt Carrier
4. Trigger group
5. Optics

Basically, get a barrel that's a little more on the pricy side like a .223 Wylde. I wouldn't recommend any barrel length shorter than 16' for more than 200 yd engagements. Some factory PSA trigger groups are absolute garbage so investing in an after market TG isn't a bad idea.

Optics however is up to the consumer. Personally, I wouldn't trust a knock off ACOG I got off of Wish.com to hold a zero. A decent Leopold red dot/ holo sight would suffice for short to medium engagements. For longer range I'd go with something similar to pic below. \

Don't listen to these fucking GucciAR faggots. Most of them probably don't even train with their shit. Spend $3,500 on an AR but can't pay for fucking ammo.

Attached: LucidOptics.jpg (370x370, 13K)

>A decent Leopold red dot
I think you mean Aimpoint.

Attached: IMG_20180625_221942022_LL~2.jpg (3415x1476, 1.1M)

>For longer range I'd go with something similar to pic below
No you want a cheap lpvo for long range.

Attached: IMG_20180718_192147480_LL4.jpg (4608x1550, 1.54M)

PSA uppers are good to go. Just make sure you check the front sight out and are able to zero the rifle before you fuck with anything on it. It's not uncommon for a PSA FSB to be canted. If it is, send it back under warranty. If you fuck with the gun or disassemble it/modify it, you've voided your warranty. So just make sure everything is right before you void the warranty.

>Says the Poorfag with an Anderson Lower

Attached: 1546350337102.png (402x420, 169K)

>>Says the Poorfag with an Anderson Lower
Where is your rifle?

Leupold makes a Red Dot sight dude.

Attached: Leupold.jpg (880x660, 188K)

Lost it in a tragic boating accident.
>Nice Try ATF

>all this talk about "engagements"

Seriously nigger? The only thing you are engaging is a hot pocket with your mouth and a computer chair with your ass, you LARPing faggot

I know, but I would get an aimpoint over that shit. Since its about $700 and thats ACOG/LPVO/High End Aimpoint price. The aimpoint comp M2 in cost me $110.

Attached: kek.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

Do you think they'll warranty my misaligned gas tube? Even from the top of the delta ring it looks like it was bent when it was inserted.

How slow is PSA? If I call to try and cancel an order I placed on the 7th that still hasn't shipped to get the same thing with a lower receiver attached for $50 more will they do it? Oh wait, they are out of stock again despite still selling the same kit with their crappy uppers.

LARPing Faggot or not, I still train with my shit. You Daniel Defense cock suckers buy your rifle and let it sit in the case forever and never fucking use it. Have fun dropping $8,000 on a gun and not being able to afford ammo.

Hot pockets are fucking disgusting btw

Thank you for your service on the airsoft field.

>Implying poster is not also a LARPing faggot

Original joke, real nice.

I'm no faggot Larper who is prepping for some dumbass shit like the zombie apocalypse or some dumb shit. I'm just a regular dude who is fed up with government over reach and civil rights violations. I'm just getting as best I can before the boogaloo kicks off, which it will. I don't expect myself to survive in the long run but it's the willingness to fight that separates the men from the boys.

Dude your PSA rifle will break before you get out your moms basement to fight.

Do you also daydream about shooting an intruder in a home defense scenario?

>Hurr Durr people I dont like r virigns

Attached: Domq2oJVAAAnOcc.jpg (932x1024, 64K)

Cops mostly.

Just stop being poor.

Brilliant.

Attached: 1542143076304.png (749x635, 111K)

Attached: cqbnavysealrifle.jpg (4608x3456, 1.99M)

Yes keep posting pictures of your rifles fellow gun owners! Say! What lenngth is that barrel?

Attached: 1546363044746.png (500x506, 114K)

>lpvo

Just cause it a variable you fucking wannabe.

No, I'm just not dumb enough to think a nitrided barrel is anything but case hardened.

15.9, want to see my DIAS?

Attached: 49686254_2219941734932160_718005200589160448_n.jpg (1242x653, 63K)

Its the US's fault for assuming the junglenigs wouldn't do it to begin with.

Yeah, and the US had lowest bidder ARs that were PSA quality. Guess who lost?

Whatever you say faggot

Attached: Nitride.jpg (705x773, 109K)

Agree with you in spirit, disagree entirely on your specific points. For the record I'm one of those $2000 Daniel Defense owning faggots, but I don't see anything wrong with PSA. Ignore the retard trip giving you shit, he just got his first ACOG so he thinks he's special, too bad he was too stupid to even get one with fiber optic shit.

>Barrel quality
Is going to be fucking fine on almost anything you get.
>twist ratio
Only matters if you really know what you're doing and want specialized shit. Just get a 1:8 and don't worry about it if you want to put in any effort at all. .223 Wylde doesn't matter unless you actually plan on shooting .223. I literally never do, and I don't think most AR owners do here.
>bolt carrier
All the same shit.
>trigger group
I have a grand sample size of 1, but my PSA trigger I got is actually really good. I'm a Geissele shooting faggot so that means something. However if you're going to upgrade anything besides your optics, make it this. The barrel is almost certainly more accurate than you. The trigger is the main way you interact with the gun while firing, this is what will directly make you a more accurate shooter. Get a Larue trigger and you're set.
>optics
Even poorfag optics are fine, just don't buy airsoft shit. Holosun, Primary Arms, Vortex, they're all good enough. Glass clarity might be a problem at distance, but we're talking distances greater than 5.56 should really be pushed to anyway. If it's a red dot you're set.

>eh yeah son listen up eyerp *slurrrrp*
>please buy my overpriced shit son i need to muh validity

PSA Freedom kits will hold up just fine for the most part. I built and A4gery out of complete PSA receivers and it’s gtg. Reliable and soft-shooting. I trust PSA but they’re not perfect and occasionally QC slips.

If you’re less constrained by $, get an Aero precision. Srsly good for the money but still not in Gucci territory.

For assembled rifles I would suggest:
>Stag
>Windham
>FN (see their carbine on eurooptic)
>Armalite (not memeing, they make sharp rifles for decent prices and know their shit)

Fudds recommend bushmaster you doofuses, and they're absolute dogshit. And hell they'd recommend PSA before something like Aero or BCM. I didn't mean to offend anyone, PSA is -fine-. They're absolutely fine. Me having the choice personally if I had to participate in a gunfight and got to choose an AR from any manufacturer I'd like, I'm just saying I wouldn't choose PSA. "Gun I'd take to war" is just a quick and easy way to say the manufacturer puts out products that are consistently uncompromisingly durable and reliable. In the handgun world this would be companies like Glock, Ruger, S&W, CZ, FN, Walther, H&K, I'm forgetting a lot but you get the point. PSA is something closer to EAA. Fine guns at a great discount but you can tell the difference between an up-market version. I even recommended PSA to OP as a gun to try out the AR with. They're FINE for that purpose. They have QC slips every once and a while but they manufacture asstons of ARs at dirt cheap prices so of fucking course they do. I definitely wouldn't tell someone to buy an Anderson gun because those things are just shoddily made, but PSA is FINE. They're fine. Stag arms and Windham are a couple more examples of fudd AR builders, and they're also fine. Maybe a bit overpriced for what you get but fine. OP asked for a dirt shooter, and he got a reccomendation for a dirt shooter. And look, he's satisfied with the advice. Fuck's sake, calm down.

If you seriously subscribe to the notion that rifles below Aero quality are >justasgood as something matching Aero quality or above, you're just trying to convince yourself rather than anybody else. Yes, PSA gets many of its barrels as blems from companies like FN but those aren't their entry-level Freedom barrels, which are probably on BCA level. As in accurate enough but not manufactured to the exacting specifications of higher end manufacturers.

>Fudds recommend bushmaster you doofuses, and they're absolute dogshit
Old Rustmaster was good. But Freedom Group fucked them. Now most of the people that Worked at Rustmaster work at Windham.

Tru, tru.

Although ash you probably shouldn't swing your dick too hard in this thread unless you've sold your poverty pony

>unless you've sold your poverty pony
I have other parts to buy before I think about a new lower desu.

Ye ye w/e but you know you're not allowed to live that down until it's gone so I just have to remind you nbd bb.

What's the cheapest AR manufacturer's shit that makes the "take it to war" cut in your opinion? Aero?

Milspec

Attached: 20190313_010106.jpg (720x1235, 245K)

>Meanwhile, the motherfucking Vietcong with literal skeletal foot stocks kicked the USA out of the country.
Please read a book before posting again retard. The Vietcong were wiped out after Tet. The NVA had top of the line soviet weaponry, artillery, aa, etc. Every single engagement resulted in massive casualties for the commies and small groups of seals and green berets carrying chopped m60s and grenade launchers repeatedly held their own against enemy forces 5 times or more their size. If you want to know why we abandoned the South Vietnamese instead of mopping up the commies it's because the same people responsible for your shitty education and "le brave rice farmer with mosin beat the u.s" meme were agitating here at home and convincing politicians and the public we had to be nice and leave the poor marxists alone.

Attached: 44e.jpg (400x400, 28K)

I'm running one of their BCGs in a custom build I've put together. So far no issues. If you're just getting into them PSA is one of the best ways to go.

Yep. And in some ways there's a personal component to what your "line" is. I wouldn't go any lower than Aero. Many people wouldn't go any lower than PSA. My buddy bought a fucking... one of those plastic complete lowers on classic firearms that they sell under like 10 different names and the absolute cheapest upper receiver he could manage, and he regrets it every time he shoots it. Just don't go that low.

Back before I painted it.

Attached: 0217191213-1.jpg (1412x3541, 1.38M)

i have a feeling even PSA would be better quality after seeing a video titled "cheapest ar15 on the internet" after googling the name

>Many people wouldn't go any lower than PSA.
What's lower than-
>My buddy bought a fucking... one of those plastic complete lowers on classic firearms that they sell under like 10 different names and the absolute cheapest upper receiver he could manage
Oh. Alright then.

dont worry about /arg/, half of them are just tripfags, which are the most hated demographic on the board

>make 28k a year
>fuck this
>move to Alaska
>apply for full time position to get out of seasonal
>1 year later make 65k
You're not trying hard enough faggot.

Fudds don't think ARs should be legal. Stop using words you don't understand.

Psa is basically high point

Buy a basic bitch AR for your first AR, upgrade it later when you really know what you want, no point in diving off the deep end and buying some absurdly fancy AR to start with if all you're doing is plinking a bit. You can upgrade into fancy piece by piece, then use the old parts to build another AR.

What job field? Oil?

I've had to sand a thousandth or 2 or 4 off the front of the upper to get the barrel nut in a good spot on final tourqe for gas tube alignment. For what I see in your pic just tweak it over with a large flat head.

The difference between a gucci AR and a poorfag AR is where it goes after the factory finishes making it.

one goes to your house, the other a minimum wage employee makes sure it's ready to go to your house.

This is what I did. Good advice here.

Larp with an aliexpress $50 knock off. I picked one up and it's not crap. It makes a dot. Ok for larping on the range out to 100m. NOT a lco by any stretch.

Milspec is not a good thing anons. It means it fits the tolerances that the lowest bidding producer agreed to make.

>are the $150 uppers from PSA really that bad
Also check out Bear Creek Arsenal for uppers. I have 1 and it's fine and dandy. I have 2 full PSA builds and a PSA lower with a BCA upper and with my first trip to a range longer than 25yds I managed about a 2 inch group at 200yds with me flinching each shot

user I am not one to tell others that their gun decision is bad, but holy fuck that is ugly. why did you decide "oh yeah a bunch of stainless and a big ol' glock sticker"

Attached: 1550760670115.png (502x563, 229K)

no they are 100% fine. The meltdown meme shit, tell me where anyone's ever gonna use that shit like that? Never.

So past that, you got a great gun that works, if someone needs a submoa they need a non midrange rifle.

No user but anything man. fucking anything.

Oil
Mineral
Machine and boat repair
Infrastructure work
Road work.

Its time to be free.
youtu.be/RuQ0pilJV0g

I have a 10.5 PSA upper that short strokes on a carbine buffer. How the fuck.

No they are literally military spec, they arent "justasgood" as /arg/ loves to spew, they are "good enough"

If someone need sub moa they need a rifle that isn't an AR. Who came up with the bamboozle that a carbine with an intermediate cartridge needs to be able to drive tacks at 1000 yards? This is why mid-tier ARs are king.

Post proof.