*flies over ur base*

*flies over ur base*

Attached: 151007FDW547003.jpg (2100x1500, 390K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JZD-ADArwXo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_XF-84H_Thunderscreech
youtube.com/watch?v=yDHM6rd8P94
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angular_velocity
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

But I'm not on a base?

I wish we lived in Fallout and 50s aesthetics were still popular

it doesnt matter you'll still hear it

Everyone shits themselves as the supersonic brown note blast waves from the tips of the prop wash over them.

What if we brought it back as a drone to buzz any positions for hours on end?

*crashes because the pilot is too nauseous to notice he's headed right for the control tower*

*thunder screeching*

Because the ground crew will literally die.

>What if we brought it back as a drone to buzz any positions for hours on end?

Probably would be more effective than shock and awe.

>tfw you go one step more and make the rotors to flap to the Nyan cat tune, and it blows rainbow color smoke out the back

Attached: devilish.png (500x534, 182K)

*goes deaf instantly at the very sight of the magestic aircraft and stares in disbelief*
w-wh-WHAT WAS THAT? WHAT? I CANT HEAR YOU MAN SPEAK UP WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT? WHAT???

Attached: bleeding_from_the_ear.jpg (1390x680, 121K)

WHAT?!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1503473053325.gif (500x370, 1.88M)

Now put whistle holes on fucking everything.

>so loud it cracked the runway
jesus c h r i s t

Uh, what is?

lol'd

Gets buttfucked by a MIG 15.

youtube.com/watch?v=JZD-ADArwXo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_XF-84H_Thunderscreech

>The XF-84H was quite possibly the loudest aircraft ever built (rivaled only by the Russian Tupolev Tu-95 "Bear" bomber[16]), earning the nickname "Thunderscreech" as well as the "Mighty Ear Banger".[17] On the ground "run ups", the prototypes could reportedly be heard 25 miles (40 km) away.[18] Unlike standard propellers that turn at subsonic speeds, the outer 24–30 inches (61–76 cm) of the blades on the XF-84H's propeller traveled faster than the speed of sound even at idle thrust, producing a continuous visible sonic boom that radiated laterally from the propellers for hundreds of yards. The shock wave was actually powerful enough to knock a man down; an unfortunate crew chief who was inside a nearby C-47 was severely incapacitated during a 30-minute ground run.[18] Coupled with the already considerable noise from the subsonic aspect of the propeller and the T40's dual turbine sections, the aircraft was notorious for inducing severe nausea and headaches among ground crews.[11] In one report, a Republic engineer suffered a seizure after close range exposure to the shock waves emanating from a powered-up XF-84H.[19]

>The pervasive noise also severely disrupted operations in the Edwards AFB control tower by risking vibration damage to sensitive components and forcing air traffic personnel to communicate with the XF-84H's crew on the flight line by light signals. After numerous complaints, the Air Force Flight Test Center directed Republic to tow the aircraft out on Rogers Dry Lake, far from the flight line, before running up its engine.

Attached: 1354279974200.gif (490x368, 999K)

Launch it from a rocket so it gets some distance before it starts screeching?

>the outer 24–30 inches (61–76 cm) of the blades on the XF-84H's propeller traveled faster than the speed of sound even at idle thrust, producing a continuous visible sonic boom
That's retarded. How can the "outer ends" of the blades move faster than the fucking shaft is turning retard? So what, you're telling me that they disconnected from the rest of the blade and somehow went faster than the rest? Leave your sci-fi shit for your Star Trek fan forum queer. And stop citing wikipedia as an authority on anything

>mig pilot goes deaf

Attached: thunderscreech.jpg (960x655, 174K)

>what is angular velocity
>what is the linear velocity of a point moving in a circular path

I really hope you're trolling.

Attached: linearvsangular.png (425x388, 21K)

Did you fail geometry and/or physics or are you just underage?

Okay so I fail to see what a theoretical non-real spead has to do with the actual physical speed of an object. That shit is for doing shit like calculating the apparent gravity of an object because of how far it is from a pendulum or whatever, it's not literally the speed of the fucking thing. Like if you take a laser pointer and you point it at the moon and move it, technically the beam on the moon is traveling faster than the speed of light but it isn't literally because everyone knows that's impossible. Take a fucking high school physics class or something

nigger you what?

Attached: 6588137.jpg (1205x721, 120K)

Just you people wait until pulse detonation engines become viable.

wow he's actually retarded.

Holy shit my sides.

Attached: 1462301961278.jpg (5000x5000, 1.2M)

>being this fucking retarded

Attached: whenthegasstartsworking.jpg (736x1023, 165K)

I've heard people say some really idiotic shit here over the years, but this takes the cake.

Attached: mfw.png (1239x1033, 1.06M)

I can't believe I'm actually taking the time to link something to a waste of oxygen.
>youtube.com/watch?v=yDHM6rd8P94

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angular_velocity

inb4 he closes the thread and never replies

Attached: 1476465985775.jpg (682x600, 225K)

>theoretical non-real spead
>Take a fucking high school physics class or something
this fucking close to giving up on humanity

Attached: 1548277490178.png (600x600, 89K)