Handgun General - /hg/ - #269

It's literally beautiful to everyone edition.

Pastebin:
pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Guide:
scribd.com/document/382993265/gitgud-1-rev2-1

Attached: 52164972_1055099534613729_3520185277752541184_o.jpg (1080x1080, 84K)

Attached: qGveYqd.jpg (1080x1080, 81K)

$60K leafbux, available from North Sylva in Canada only.

Attached: JoYIuit.jpg (1080x1080, 150K)

Attached: CHvntxa.jpg (1080x1080, 94K)

Looks ugly

Attached: AvonAfj.jpg (1080x1080, 76K)

What could possibly make that gun so expensive?

Attached: CjziHAf.jpg (1080x1080, 100K)

fuck if I know, one of the kind, walther and this rip-off distributor in Canada decided that price.

Attached: zaEPvJs.jpg (1080x1080, 107K)

Attached: fC3c132.jpg (1080x1080, 72K)

Attached: 17Z5pfg.jpg (1080x1080, 116K)

Attached: cy50IR3.jpg (1080x1080, 84K)

It has the US constitution header on it and it's only available in Canada?
What the actual fuck

stop posting this ugly gun

>features the US constitution
>only sold in Canada

>available on Canada only
>>>preamble to the US Constitution

Wut

Attached: image.jpg (339x611, 56K)

The price they have to pay to get a taste of freedom.

Attached: 1548775568581.png (445x396, 50K)

just who the hell is this marketed to, mega rich chinks?

Everyone knows Canada rightfully belongs to America

Attached: image.jpg (1142x620, 305K)

Does anyone ccw .357 here in urban environments? I see no need where I live but I'm curious to see who does and why. At my job my uniform makes it difficult to hide anything bigger than a j frame pr smol single stack

I carry a P365 in my pants pocket.
I work a residential trade job that occasionally lands me in shitty neighborhoods, lots of crazy druggies out here as well.
I would carry IWB but I have to drag my ass through crawlspaces, reach above my head and other shit, gun would get exposed really quick doing any of those.

Two question.

I wanna get a threaded barrel for my SP-01, is pic related a good get?

Since it's "NATO approved," should I be able to shoot standard +P ammo without being detrimental to the overall integrity of the gun?

forgot the pic

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 2.28.43 AM.png (818x294, 80K)

the distributor is chink owned, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Was talking to Tenda owner today about this, and he said North Sylva president bought it for himself then regretted it and put it on sale.

You’re wrong, this shit is objectively faggy and unaesthetic as fuck. Disgusting.

I like how it has a fiber optic front sight as if someone is actually going to shoot it.

Yeah I carry a snub nose Ruger sp101.
Why? Because it was in Psycho Pass.

Have any of you lusted after or purchased a pistol that you had no use for solely because of nationalistic motivation (where it was made, designed, used by, etc)? I don't know what I'd do with one but I'd love to have a Bond Arms derringer at some point.

Attached: BABACK.jpg (1200x815, 887K)

Nagant Revolver. My great grandfather carried one when he was in the imperial russian army, and it took forever to track down a double action one like his.

Your question was phrased poorly but I get what you mean. I don't buy from companies that are disingenuous or have some facet of "anti-2A" practice. Like Springfield, Turkish manufacturers, companies that line pockets of Congress members, etc.

Attached: IMG_20180506_154110.jpg (3036x4048, 3.61M)

a gorgeous 6" 586 that I'll never carry because it might scuff the blueing

340SC if I'm just going to the corner store

Hey anons recently picked up a 38 super colt. Whats your take on it i plan on dual sholdering it with my 45

easy shooting. low recoil

Thanks man. With this info i feel like it was a good choice to partner it with the other one. Heres a pic since canada posting shiny toys

Attached: 20190313_021553.jpg (4032x3024, 2.87M)

ah, mexico surplus. you got one that's not mutilated with a bunch of taco bender engraving
colt makes a bunch for the beaners since they aren't allowed to have "military calibers"

oh, and btw .38 super is pretty accurate. was/is a competition round

So ive heared. Im also a spic so it caught my eye but i like it the way it is, maybe a compensator and trijicon sights later on. Me living in texas i got it for a good price but they are getting harder to come by

Also heard this, just wanted to confirm. I know for sure my buds are gonna enjoy it at the range

mexico closed up the stores so yeah production has been reduced. you could find them here for like, 200 bucks for a bit as colt sold off inventory
just be glad it's not covered in ODELAY MI AMIGO VATO crap

Luckily here in tex, guys that run the gunstore are old dudes and they had new ones in stock, payed a good 1000 but atleast it isnt covered in cartel crap like you stated. I really do appriciate your input on my new gun

And could you direct me to where they sell for that cheap. Cheapest colts ive seen here in tex are going for 800 at the lowest

it's a quality piece
enjoy.
personally I'd swap out the grips for some VZ grips of your choosing., aside from that, a colt .38 super is a fucking joy, and not something you see every day

oh that was a while ago, when mexico shut down all the gun stores and colt was stuck with all that excess inventory. I'm sure they shot up in price when colt slowed production, I should have bought 100 of them when I could haha

Thanks man. Thats why it caught my attention everyone i know either has a ruger or glock in 9mm. Or a 1911 in 45. I thought it would look nice in a dual holster with my rock island 45

Attached: 20170818_153620_1503092733806.jpg (1440x1920, 287K)

Would have been a great investment. Like all the guys that bought up the sks and are now getting top dollar for them at the gunshows!

haha I have a rock island, it's not as shit as the internet says. it runs fine
it's not as polished or smooth as my Kimbers, there's machine marks inside, but it goes bang and hits the target, for 500 bucks. not a bad deal

You guys feel you need to use .357? I've been trying to do my own research on penetration and power and .38 +p seems plenty but I'd like to hear why you guys want .357 instead

yeah really, I can remember russian AKs going for 150
missed opportunities

Yea they are amazing. I only had an issue with some reloads i bought at the show. They werent crimped properly so they kept nose diving. But its been good to me

I use .38+p in the 340. 357 fucking hurts
it's fun to load .357 and give it to tough guys at the range though
thing weighs like 12 oz loaded, it's brutal

I saw norinco mak 90s going for an easy 1000 here in texas, about a month ago. Those guys that stocked up are lucky

Ive only had experience with 357 sig and i gotta say im inpressed with it. Plenty of power behind it. But id also bet on 10mm for power and capacity

I also want to get into reloading my own rounds for the 38 super but idk where to begin, any tips, any good equipment to go for?

some jewelers rouge and a cotton wheel on a dremel does wonder for the feed ramp
nothing more abrasive though. mine didn't need it but I've had guns that did
if the problem crops up with factory ammo, any factory ammo, armscor will fix it, they have great customer service. also tell that fudd to adjust his dies ffs if he wants to sell reloads

Dillon
the end

haha ok, not everyone can afford it, if you have a ton of spare time, lee is ok, RCBS, also ok. it's budget based. I run a Dillon 650

I grabbed some 1000 grit and 2000 grit. Wrapped each around a pen and lightly scuffed it to a polish then went in with my cone cotton tips on my dremel. Ramp is slicker than butter and havent had any issues with factory ammo. I stopped buying reloads and moved onto buying in bulk after that incident

Woah thats a big piece but the price is definitly not an issue, getting rid of my failed project cars so i can focus on my loads. Thanks man

fair enough. if you have an industrial supply store around, you can get jewelers rouge for 10 bucks a brick. I've had the same one for 20 years. use that and the ramp actually feel wet when you're done

oh in that case, yeah just get Dillon.
you won't save any money, but you'll shoot a lot more

I ended up using some mothers polish but thanks for the tip, i definitly will pick some up for future projects

Getting excited just thinking about it. Im sure my buds will get excited knowing atleast one of us will be reloading

haha I told my wife how much money we'd save with the 650, then just spent more on components
tfw 5 gallon buckets full of ammo stacked in the reloading room

oooooh yeah mothers, that works ok. the rouge is the shit though, if you get a chance try it

oh and for gods sake, get a bunch of primer pickup tubes. such a time saver

Haha im jealous. I dont have much room for now till i buy a house, currently renting. Im 22 btw. But for now a dozen tin cans loaded with variety will do

Will do man, definitly will try it on my little bros woodmaster 742 since it has been feeding like shit

I started reloading in a 800 sqft apartment, the bench sat at the end of our bed and doubled as a place for our shitty 18" tv
it can be done.
if you go Dillon don't be afraid to call them for anything. get some reloading mauls, they have recipes. start low, work up, always check for primer flattening, good lord I'm writing a book

Thanks im definitly going dillon. For sure by summer time. By then i will hopefully also be in the process of getting the house. If so im going all out with dies and all

expect 1k+ for a full setup, but it lasts forever. I lost a spring once while cleaning it, one call and they sent me an entire rebuilt kit overnight and called me to make sure it all worked out
who the hell does that these days
you get what you pay for

is that a hi point? if not someone should do this to a hi point

*rebuild kit
every possible part the press could use
amazing

Yea that is some great support from their end. Im sold on getting a dillon! Thanks for the info man!

Some madman did this

Attached: outdoorhub-photos-the-greatest-custom-hi-point-you-should-never-shoot-2016-02-26_17-52-32.jpg (960x720, 77K)

fuck me, it does look like a hi point

no problem buddy. I hate seeing guys get some shit press, then I have to hear them bitching
don't forget the primer pickup tubes, a no shit time saver. learned that the hard way, you can never have enough. pick up primers at night while watching chilling, crank out rounds all weekend

I will man. I learned if you are going to get into something go all in definitly will get all the stuff to reload efficiently, specially those primer pickup tubes

yes sir. reloading is frustrating and slow unless you go balls out on equiptment
that said, take your time working your loads. it will be frustrating and slow until you have it set up haha
but once there, you can crank out ammo like a madman

Again thanks alot for the words of wisdom. I have to let you guys go, gotta be up early for work due to some bull meeting about steel prices. I hope we meet again on another thread someday or when i give updates on my reloading in the upcoming months. Later guys

later bud

I like this hipoint more.

Attached: HiPoint mod.jpg (640x480, 56K)

That's not half bad looking

Literally looks like a pimped out hi-point.

$500, yay or nay?

Attached: IMG_0522.jpg (4032x3024, 2.84M)

Attached: IMG_0524.jpg (4032x3024, 3.48M)

>HUEzil 1911
Pass.

Why's that, I thought imbel made nice stuff

The first 1911 I fired was a Brazilian-made Springfield. The grip safety was so poorly fitted that it had to be pushed not just flush with the frame, but INTO it. I don't know about you, but I don't have giant bulges of fat on my palms to depress it like that.
The Norinco 1911's are unironically better.

M9A3 vs Langdon LTT?

What a strange dispersion of back hair.

What a sad state of affairs.
At my LGS any time I bring up Springfield 1911's, everyone kind of hangs their heads and holds their breath like I brought up someone dear who recently passed away.

Are you suppressing or not

If yes then m9a3
If no and you want it for any other reason, then langdon

Langdon. After the 3rd time you unintentionally pop the slide safety lever to safe clearing a malfunction under a timer, you'll install a G model conversion anyway. Also, I'm biased for fiber optic front sights.

They make factory g model M9A3s.

What's a tiny pistol that could be belly concealed real easy?

Ps if the life card was somehow mag fed I would do that but that gun is a meme.

The NAA revolvers are about as small as you can get.

Thanks I work retail and want to carry a shtf gun for a.d.d

They're mostly good as a backup gun.
I'd probably go with an ankle holster, though.