Gud gun or shit squirt gun

Can anyone give there input of what they think of this new gun my gramps got me. Its a S&W 38. Special Chiefs lightweight model

Attached: 0217191156.jpg (4160x2336, 2.69M)

It's a beauty. Carry it every day in an adequate holster.

Looks to be a classic Smith. Those were truly well made guns, and that one seems near mint condition. Almost a shame to actually carry it.

You might find it a bit punishing to shoot (as compact wheelguns tend to be), but a period correct T-grip mod might help. Otherwise it's a pretty standard .38 revolver. Might not seem like much protection, but if you get jumped and you have to fight hand to hand you are very likely to get all 5 shots off. With an automatic, it is liable to be pushed out of battery or otherwise induced to malfunction if pressed against the attacker or he grapples for it. That's why pocket revolvers are still a thing in the concealed carry world.

Really nice. Do you know what year it is?

1979-1980

cool. really gorgeous gun, you're very lucky. take good care of it and thank your grandpa, take him shooting

I wish my grandpa wasn't dead and could give me really nice revolvers too

Early production packaging was so much nicer.

3 inch .38 is best inch .38.

>Early production packaging was so much nicer
>Literally a cardboard box

Sure thing Mr. Nostalgia glasses.

it's still just a cardboard box but the old one looks a lot classier, he's right

Attached: 360PD.jpg (3264x2448, 591K)

My newest S&W came in a blue plastic case lined with foam.

last time I bought one (2015?) it was just in cardboard

lol 357 snub...what a moron.

I would rather shoot .39 spl +P in a .357 than a .38

That's because you're too stupid to realize how stupid you are. Sad.

>357
>exposed hammer
>lock

This is like textbook the exact snubbie NOT to get if you have any fucking clue what you're doing.

I know right? Snubs should start at .454 Casull at the very least

This guy knows how to party.

Attached: OMGBecky.jpg (684x513, 112K)

prove that a .38 special revolver is better for high pressure loads than a .357

I hate when people think they know shit about encounter statistics

Its not my gun I literally googled "S&W revolver modern packaging"

Get fucked normalfag

Prove that a gun marked .38spl+P isn't designed to shoot .38spl+p.

So you don't know anything then...at least we can all ignore your ignorance with confidence.

Double action
REVOLVER REVOLVER REVOLVER REVOLVER REVOLVER REVOLVER REVOLVER REVOLVER REVOLVER REVOLVER REVOLVER REVOLVER REVOLVER REVOLVER REVOLVER