What are you working on Jow Forums

Whats on the work bench?
My Romanian RPK kit came in this morning. Im shocked at the excellent condition this kit came in. Also ALL matching numbers is a huge bonus.

Attached: Screenshot_20190313-100416_Gallery.jpg (1080x1303, 1.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/802913861
rockislandauction.com/detail/56/3528/jager-waffenfabik-jager-pistol-765-mm-auto
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So what do you do now? Do you make your own receiver? What's the idea?

Uzi parts kit is waiting on a bolt assembly and a barrel, Galil parts kit is waiting for me to get off my ass and put my press together again, FAL is waiting for a barrel.

Almost done with the Uzi. I still have to:
1) Modify sear to be semi auto
2) Fix top cover tolerancing
3) Install FA selector stop
4) Get SBR engravings done

forgot pic

Attached: 2.jpg (725x365, 44K)

Im planning to get a bent receiver. Ill be investing more money in tools and jigs on this one than ill have in the gun itself. Kinda annoying, but ill have everything i need for AK builds in the future. I thought about getting a bending jig for this one, but id only be able to use it once since this is a 1.5mm receiver and not a 1mm like every other AK. The barrel is my biggest concern since ill be doing a virgin barrel. Im pissed because i just saw where arms of america is selling parts kits with a new production barrel already assembled and head spaced. Im in it for the challenge though

Can someone redpill on parts kits? Why do you get them? Do you build them up yourselves? Do you pay someone to put them together? Is it cheaper than buying a complete gun?

Attached: gc1_04.jpg (635x478, 81K)

I havent really done much since I dremel-fit a dummy selector switch and drilled a stock to accept it

Attached: Springfield M1A.jpg (3492x2284, 2.7M)

Just finished mg uzi a couple weeks ago. That was a fun project.
I had a hard time deciding between a galil ARM and this. I didnt want another .223 service rifle, so i went with this to add an 'LMG' to the collection. Did you get the mckay receiver? The quality on those are top notch.

Attached: 20190224_213044.jpg (4032x3024, 3.26M)

>doing any of that
You done goofed

People get them because some people get entertainment out of building something themselves. No different than people who build model planes or work on cars.

Some people pay others to put them together. Some are simple (Semi-Auto STEN/CZ-25) while others require more technical skills (CETME/G3).

Depends. Some kit guns are done for the fun and challenge while others are made because kits are the only legal/inexpensive way to acquire a certain gun (OG Galil, CETME-L, and soon to be FN FNC).

It depends on why you want to do it and if you're up for the challenge. I personally like restoring old Gun Smith Special guns, but others like building from kits.

Working on several ak parts kits. 1960 polish milled underfolder kit. Trying to get a yugo m70 ab kit going. Bought a reweld receiver for it off gunbroker waiting for dude to get his shit together and send it to me.

I'm really getting annoyed with the ak market right now. Seems like everything is drying up. I wish I hadn't waited so long, but I needed to get all my ducks in a line to be able to build them.

This might be a good application for a jack squat flat spot reciever. They are 1.5mm i used one on an akms and its bowed the rear underfolder out some

It's cheaper. A lot cheaper assuming you have most of the tools to do them. Personally im not a big fan of just buying a gun. I like to know them inside and out and putting them together from a parts kit is the best way to do that. Its not for everyone, ill admit that, but you can come across some off the wall and rare guns that you wouldnt be able to get anywhere else whether it be because of import bans or no longer in production. DO YOUR RESEARCH before attempting. Sometimes barrels and receivers are impossibe to get a hold of and that leaves you dead in the water unless you have a complete machine shop at your disposal.

How much would it cost to have someone assemble an M70 kit?

How difficult is it to barrel an Uzi?

I was looking into buying an Uzi, but now I'm wondering if I should buy a parts kit and maybe pay a gunsmith to barrel it for me. Is putting the rest together fairly straightforward? Would I save money? I've put 1911s together and can do hand fitting, I just don't have the tools or experience to much beyond that.

how so

The easiest gun in the world. Simply insert and tighten the barrel nut. No tools required

A couple hundred bucks I'd imagine. I'll be approaching $400 worth of tools after all is said and done. You'd probably need to make sure its 922r compliant before sending it off or they might not touch it.

Oh that's dope. Thanks man. Guess I need to go make some orders. Any recommendations on Uzi parts?

Do your research first and start reading now before you buy, otherwise you’ll have spent the extra money in shipping like I have.

No one place as all the parts and some places have a mix of parts that may not work together, learn the differences between full auto and semi auto parts and UC9 vs. McKay.

I’ve doing it off an 80% so in a few weeks I’m taking a welding class and the requisite follow ups till I’m confident I can slap it together.

Bump

.223 jungle carbine

I have all the main parts. Just need to find time for final assembly.

Attached: AC284B50-5AEB-4761-AB63-49F0C51DFC92.jpg (1706x2048, 501K)

Very nice.
How can you not find the time though? I literally lay out of work when i get parts in. I have the luxury of paid sick days though.

Got an AK102 in the works
Gonna try to get this PM63 done before I'm dead I guess

Attached: Forever incomplete.jpg (3831x2158, 3.91M)

What are some good drill bits for drilling holes in milled receivers? I plan to not skimp out on them so maybe I dont need to buy reamers.

Also, does anyone else find it kinda insane that autosears are included in some overseas parts kits? I really dont want to end up on some watch list, which is what doing an 80 percent receiver is meant to avoid.

Damn, I'm knee-deep in a bunch of projects:

1)I just finished up rebuilding an old AyA Matador 10ga. BBLs were damaged so I shortened 'em to 20" for a coach gun. Refinished the stock, installed mercury tube, new lifter springs, and just a general clean-up. Now I need to test fire it, something I am both dreading and looking forward to.

2) Finally got the last item I needed in for my .458 Socom build, need to mount the scope & new muzzle device for muh can & go sight in.

3) got pic related, going to convert it into a smoothbore & rebore the cylinder for .357 supermag brass. I've got everything ready to go including some badass custom grips but my form 1 isn't back yet.

Boot status: licked

I've got a PPS-43 kit on the way and right now I'm trying to figure out how to convert it to semi-auto closed bolt. No fucking clue what I'm going to do but me and a friend just bought a used mill so I'm hoping I'll be able to fuck around enough to figure it out.

After that, I'm going to buy a cheap bolt action and kludge together a Semi-auto conversion like all the weird Semi auto conversions the brits did to the Lee-Enfield in case of Semiautomatic bans.

Buy the bending jig and a 20 ton press. NOT a 12 ton press, the 20 ton.
You can get it at harbor freight for $200ish

nice rak

Attached: 1531013119089.jpg (427x427, 35K)

Hey man I don't like it either, but I want it authentic and I like my dogs alive.

I just bought a $100 pair of calipers. Mitutoyo 6". I ruined a PPS 43 barrel trying to press it into the trunnion that I had carefully measured with my harbor freight calipers. Those calipers will be given to my son so he can use them as a hammer. Fuck the chinese. To death.

What is the easiest gun to build from a parts kit?

Attached: baby-taxidermy.jpg (600x401, 62K)

Authentic would be open bolt home boy. 922r is also a joke.

Polymer80

And open bolt kind of interferes with the whole "I like my dogs alive" thing.
Also idgaf about 922r, I agree it's a joke.

AR
But forreal, the uzi was a piece of cake.

Does an AR even count as a "parts kit"? Uzi sounds cool, but I can't weld :(

Did you modify your sear or just buy a semi one?

Sten if you can weld and have a dremel/die grinder

I understand your concern about your dog, but you picked a build thats easier to convert to full shall than make compliant and you chose not to. I guess being able to take it out in public to show off would be cool.
Im just being a homo though. Youre doing the right thing by keeping it legal. I cant bring myself to convert mine either. The risk outweighs the reward.

Easier to buy one desu. They're cheap

One day I'll get a full auto...
One day...

Oops
See

why not just get an o-pap receiver?

tfw they are sold out EVERYWHERE

Im not sure that will work. Im thinking about getting nodaks rpk receiver... if they ever decide to make them again
Morrissey also has a decent looking receiver in stock. For $70 and no wait to have it built, im leaning towards it

That blows. Go for the modification. Jumping balls deep into shit you dont know about is sometimes the best way to learn...or waste money

What are good places to buy kits from other than Rapex

Attached: 153BFF34-F7E8-4ED0-8251-63DC85431BA4.jpg (3024x1418, 2.02M)

Mac 10 by a mile

if you want that specific kit, the best place is numrich.

Fuckers won't let you buy magazines over 10 rounds to addresses outside shit states with credit cards which have billing addresses inside shit states, though, which is irritating.

Are usas-12 good, Jow Forums? How hard would it be to build?

gunbroker.com/item/802913861

Attached: usas.jpg (640x480, 71K)

>Are usas-12 good, Jow Forums?
Who even knows?

>How hard would it be to build?
Very difficult. The receiver was some kind of casting that got finished up with machines. If you can get accurate blueprints, maybe you could mill one entirely from billet, but it's not like you'll just bend up a flat or something.

Super cool tho

where from, my romy rpk kit was fucked. trigger guard was smashed and broken, missing pins, front sight post had bent ears, etc.

Attached: rpk47 kit cleaned.jpg (1600x554, 336K)

Should I save up the big bux for an MP5 kit, or blow what I have on some cheap shit that will be gone later, like an uzi, sa26, and pps43?

Hold up FNC's are about to hit the market? Where'd you hear this?

M16A1's just hit the market in kits if you want an easy time

you're top 3 in /akg/ keep doing you bro

Attached: DSC_0020.jpg (1620x1080, 347K)

Oh shit. Where?

I'm going to make fit one of these with a Romanian receiver, some sort of AK pdw stock, and an MI G2 extended handguard and a silencerco muzzle device.

To me it legit looks cool. Any advice? First ak build

Attached: jmac-barreled-kit-jpg.jpg (458x247, 133K)

that ak is cyberpunk as fuck. I love the dark bakelite too

>soon to be FN FNC
Please don't be bullshitting.

Attached: 1505952165960.jpg (480x720, 36K)

Atlantic. That sucks dude. But i know its shit luck that my kit came in this condition and all matching numbers. I see you got a ribbed dust cover too, thats not original is it? I think the only thing that's not original in my kit is the bakelite pistol grip. I haven't researched that, but i think thats incorrect.

Hey Uzi bros.
Just ordered a kit from What A Country today for 166 OTD. Gonna get a repair station 80% from US Barrel Shrouds.

AlL nFa RuLeS aPpLy

GL, don't let the glowing ones bite

How are Green Mountain's 16" barrels?

All uzi barrels are of relatively comparable quality. The things you should be looking out for are threads/muzzle devices. There are many different uzi barrel sellers that you should look into
Also:
>16" Uzi

>16"

Attached: mUhUzI16iNcHbArReL.jpg (906x197, 22K)

16" barrels look wonk as hell on an uzi

These fake cans are cool though

Attached: UZIttsilvertwostage.jpg (700x525, 215K)

Now that I have all the parts, I need to put this thing back together

Attached: IMG_0622.jpg (3648x2736, 3.2M)

Probably an AK, with the barrel assembly already put together.

What are you gunna do about that finish? That looks rough as fuck

Zastava M76 built on a Tortort receiver

Given the age and rarity, nothing.

They're only original once.

>bought parts kits for PPS-43, PM-63, and Sa. vz 26 because rule of cool
>forgot I'm a poorfag college student with no welding/machining experience
>even I have the experience, I couldn't afford the equipment righ now anyway

Guess I'll be sitting on these for the next few years. Hopefully someone will actually have Sa receivers and reweld jigs for the PM-63 by then.

Need to replace this spring, its too weak to work properly. Not like Numrich carries them for an Italian 1874 Glisenti

Attached: IMG_0556.jpg (2513x2657, 1.53M)

sadly my broomhandle project is on hold while I acquire other firearms.

Attached: M713.jpg (1920x1080, 534K)

>imagine being this bluepilled
These

Lugerman can help with that

At this point I really only need to find someone who can heat treat the frame.

Attached: M713 project.jpg (1920x1080, 1009K)

I'll take "things Lugerman can do" for $500 Alex

Attached: Question.jpg (250x246, 7K)

Does he also do metallography? Because I don't know what alloy the part is made from.

Not sure, but some Jow Forumsomrade works there now and might be able to better answer

Attached: Luger.jpg (719x858, 229K)

Zenitco is cyberpunk now? Closer to airshit.

Attached: 20181208_143019.jpg (3640x1454, 3.88M)

What is it?

Waffenfabrik Jager

rockislandauction.com/detail/56/3528/jager-waffenfabik-jager-pistol-765-mm-auto

Attached: Jager.jpg (1024x768, 127K)

Well, if time honors correctly, Indonesia and Sweden are planning on replacing their standard issue rifles soon, so it's only a matter of time.

Meant for
This is my punishment for phone posting.

Does anyone know if there are kits like this for an SVD? I just want a fucking Dragunov but they're so damn expensive.

random soviet movie poster not related

Attached: 4191304632_6f910bfd5d.jpg (500x271, 109K)

Buying tons of ammo and as many semi auto rifles as I can before the 2020 election habbening.

>Some are simple (Semi-Auto STEN/CZ-25)
>others require more technical skills (CETME/G3)

did you reverse these? g3's are alot ahrder to build then semi auto cz25 and sten conversion

mine was also form atlantic. It was matching, and romy Rpk's should have ribbed top covers. russian Rpks will have smooth covers.

greetings fellow spaghetti boi

no

Attached: carcano m38 cavalry and bodeo 1889.jpg (1800x506, 329K)

Anybody ever have a kit built by Lee Armory in phoenix? I always looked at them like lower end but their build services page on their wrbsite seems pretty ambitious. Do they have bad reviews on akfiles or anybody have any horror stories off the top of their heads? I used to think they were like riley defense tier. Please any and all information is appreciated.

That's what I said. A Semi-Auto STEN is much easier to build than a G3. One is just dropping in a different bolt and sear while the other requires precise welding and knowledge of proper head spacing.

I did get the McKay receiver, I still have to parkerize it when I have time. Did you do your own, or send it out?

easier than an AR.

I did my own like a retard. I did a cold blue because i was impatient and didn't want to send it off. Dont get my wrong, it came out okay, but dont do what i did or you'll kick yourself in the ass later

I dont know dude. The number on my trunion and dust cover match. The trunion is clear as day romanian. Both could be correct, just different dates of mfg. I haven't been able to find too much information about the little details

Attached: 20190314_101330.jpg (4032x3024, 2.85M)

Currently I have a Galil ARM parts kit laying around with a NOS IMI barrel. I really wish I could get an original Israeli receiver to keep it as close to original as possible, but I'll probably just get one from tortort and have the proper markings etched on. I can't wait to build her

Attached: Galil_70v2.png (700x1200, 335K)