How do people fire off without earplugs?

>I see this shit all the time and it doesn't make any sense.

I was at the range and my friend fired his m16 before I put my earplugs in and I went partially deaf for 5 minutes with a constant ringing in my ear.

How do people do it?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 34K)

By going deaf

My father used to shoot without ear protection, and now he's dead

>kek

Attached: ede2b35ab00e4365be8e199112a17567.jpg (363x550, 23K)

WHAT?!

>exactly

I see this shit all the time in movies like John Wick and I can't help but be taken out of the tone of the scene just on the basis of nobody ever covering their ears.

Attached: HeavenlyPointlessHammerheadbird-small.gif (480x274, 1.09M)

Some people have tougher ears than you. I've fired a shotgun inside and not gotten any ringing, because I'm not an earlet pussy. Some of it comes naturally, some of it comes from extensive ear-training at the range. My routine is 10 rapid fire shots, 10 minutes of silence, then 10 rapid fire shots again, all with no earpro. That way I don't get hearing damage, and at the same time I'm able to build up ear-durance. People who think "I can't shoot a gun even once without earpro" are fucking pussies. No military used earpro until the 80s and you don't hear about every soldier going death half way through their deployment.

fpbp

t. eeeeeeeeee

Lmao, saved!

cool story bro

>ear-training
Nice euphemism.

Attached: 1c8gn7[1].jpg (1931x1855, 183K)

Eh, you get used to it. Then again, it's wise to wear ear protection. I regret all the shooting I did unprotected because when you have tinnitus you can never just enjoy silence.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Adrenaline helps.
I once fired my weapon in a defense situation, my ears didn't even ring.

Attached: 1533344751227.jpg (879x1024, 192K)

Did you say Twinkies? Yeah I have a twinkie.

WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

>How do people do it?

Either you’re in a life or death situation or you’re just plain retarded and do not value your hearing.
This is called auditory exclusion

t. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If only we could give you Jow Forums pass

There are several generations before you that didn't use hearing protection. Some were not allowed to use it in the military as recently as 2003.

This. WW2 vets didn’t suffer hearing loss at any greater rate then the rest of the population, and none of them used ear protection of any kind. I’m thinking it might have something to do with alcohol

I can’t hear you; could your turn off your phone ringer?

lets talk in my office

Partial hearing loss. I've fired and been around very big guns firing without ear pro. I have partial hearing damage, so it doesn't bother me anymore.

My hearing damage isn't bad enough to effect me on a daily basis. But it is certainly noticeable in certain situations, like if someone calls my name in an area with background noise, even if it's not loud, I likely won't hear them. Or sometimes I'll hear things coming from my left side when the noise happened on the right. Since I was a right handed shooter.

Are you an infant?

Everyone did it for centuries. 99% of soldiers still do it now.

Iv'e fired a few shots with out ear protection before. My hearing becomes slightly muffled for a few seconds but that's about it. It doesn't really hurt or make my ears ring. I still wear ear protection because I don't want permanent EEEEEEEEEEEEE though.

Attached: 1540697655585.gif (373x252, 217K)

Depends on the situation too. If you're outside, you can easily fire a shotgun without being bothered by the noice without earpro. Not advised tho', get some active earpro.

Small arms fire is fuck-all compared to getting blown up by an IED (of which I've done three times).

You don't notice an insect bite when faced with a charging hippo (user mentioning adrenaline had a good point). That's it, just different levels of noise. Put another way, I'd rather hear someone shooting at us than no not of the guy ahead with a deep-bury RCIED.

Noise is relative, tinnitus just makes that more apparent.

Attached: everything is bomb.jpg (1600x1200, 765K)

WHAT?!?! BOEING CLEFT?

>partially deaf for 5 minutes
meh,the only thing that matters is hearing the screams of your dying enemies and the lamentations of the women.

Let them be stupid, just makes it easier to sneak up on them.

You don’t need it unless you’re inside

Cool story bro, at the VFW I have to scream at the old war dogs. Vast majority are stone deaf.

I'm not advocating that anyone shoot without earpro, but it's important to note that the loudness of a gunshot varies depending on a huge number of variables. Shooting a gun outdoors is a totally different ballgame than indoors, near a building, or under a roof/awning/etc. Where you are standing relative to the shooter matters a lot too.

>How do people do it?
The same way you did it?
Plug your ears and rub them for a few seconds, it should fix your ears after a loud noise.

Attached: 1542186838854.png (640x693, 170K)

>mawp

Attached: 016389B0-CBEE-4E82-A4E8-AD3C09FED61B.gif (208x269, 495K)

Stop screaming at war vets fag.

Attached: 1340912909277.jpg (750x501, 44K)

Very similar situation with me. If there’s background noise and someone is trying to communicate, I’ll be able to tell they’re talking but have no idea what they’re saying until they’re within arms reach.

"oh shit there's a deer!! Let me get out my earplugs and ear muffs"

Attached: IMG_0826.jpg (4032x3024, 2.73M)

Wear active earpro you mong.

Muffs are literally better than natural hearing at this point. Even if that wasn't the case, a single gunshot does not do the auditory damage of 10,000 gunshots.

I've wondered this too, but I think you just lose enough of your hearing not to notice anymore. I damaged mine by riding motorcycles for years, I wear ear pro religiously now. Fuck hearing damage, I have all I want and regret not wearing protection on long rides.

Ouch my Boeing stock hurts now

>you don't hear about every soldier going death half way through their deployment.
It was pretty common in the World Wars for most of them to go death during deployment. They started using plugs when too many of them came back and complained about it. They got to positions where they could issue tiny pieces of foam along with their uniforms. Obviously we have a higher military budget than in those dark days when we stole panty hose for making aircraft tires.

My hearing is already damaged from riding a motorcycle without earplugs every day.
I have gotten used to the tinnitus, does not bother me as much.
Maybe I'll be deaf when I get older

yes, a lot of soldiers in WWII experienced death, but I don't think ear protection had anything to do with that

After the 1st shot your ears go into ring mode and you can not here the rest

never used earplugs and I eat perfectly fine

So if you go death, you can't here?

How can you blame him when you approached the line without hearing protection?

Well, going death just means you won't be here, user.

Attached: 1496423372076.jpg (720x720, 36K)

>Because I don’t need to hear anything.

Attached: B94BBFA6-7F3C-4C2C-A938-D8AD0C291DA1.jpg (1334x750, 995K)

Protip: If you forget your ear pro and don't want to make another trip. Find two casings on the ground and use them. They're not perfect but a fuck load better then nothing.

Plus if you like you can get a bit of hot glue and a real ear bud and make a legit pair. Did it at my range and I'm seeing a lot of others with them in now.

Attached: 35463457.png (1500x1500, 3.02M)

When is the military going to roll out ear pro that allows for hear through when there is silence and plugging when a noise reaching a certain decibel?

I keep a pack of cigarettes in my range bag and tear the filters out and use those. But in some snap cases (camping and I was charged by a Boar once) I don't have time to shove shit in various orifices so I go dry.

Active earmuffs literally give you superhuman hearing you daft cunt.

>mongoloid doesn't know that electronic earpro literally amplifies everything but gunfire so you can hear important shit

Is there any good active earmuffs with a built in mic for communicating with another hunter? I go out with my Dad and there have been so many times I wanted to talk with him to coordinate our movements. Or at least a plug in for a mic so we can use throat mics?

The cheap mil-tec ones I bought to try out the active meme muffs have horrible audio quality for the AUX input, the integral mics/speakers are decent. I've seen APC crews with their own audio setups and those seemed legit, not sure what brand though.

>tougher ears
>extensive ear-training
>build up ear-durance
>going death

Fucking hell

Attached: 1512874558676s.jpg (124x120, 2K)

>ear-durance
god damn it guys

both my grandpas were in the korean war and couldnt hear shit without hearing aids

Ive done this and always had time to shoot. If you can line a shot up on them they dont know youre there goober.

I grew up shooting

7mag
20G
12G
7.62x54

until around 16 years old

My idiot dad told me I'd only lose one tone of hearing and I believed him as a young boy.

WHAT?

look at that dude and tell me he has enough brain cells to figure out ear pro.

Logical fallacy. Your dad has been partially deaf for so long he honestly doesn't know what it's like to hear like every other human. Since he's generally functional, his mind has adapted itself to his distorted reality without any kind of self-awareness.

It's like being circumcised. He honestly thinks his experience of sex is what sex is supposed to feel like, so why would he prevent his son from getting cut?

lmeo

Holy fuck don't do this
Not only is getting residue in your ear bad, but sound travels better through metal than air.

But the hot glue earbud thing is cool