Picatinny Thompson foregrip for AR15

This is going to sound like the gayest shit ever (it is), but is it possible to install a female picatinny rail onto a Thompson foregrip and install it on a AR carbine-length handguard? Anyone know what the female part would be called? I can't find anything like that for sale.

Attached: amu1650w__2.jpg (1200x1200, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fortismfg.com/ar15-fortis-shift-vertical-grip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get a micro red dot picatinny base from aliexpress and screw it onto the wood.

All of them are too tall (height) and too short (length) unfortunately, even the absolute co witness ones

whats wrong with something as simple as screws? or nuts and bolts? why do you want to toss pictinny into it

I want to toss the picatinny rail (female) on so it'll go onto a railed AR forend

>>too short
use more than one

Remove foreend from AR. Drive screws through the foreend into handgrip. Re-install forend onto AR.

The adapters are too tall, so it'll offset the grip too much. Also there's no way to screw them in. The only kind I can find that will work are the ACOG adapters, but those are $60-120

I don't really want this to be a permanent attachment onto my handguard, hence railing it. Maybe I'm missing your point on the adapter. What product are you talking about?

I would suggest buying an MLOK/Keymod rail cover, like pic related, then milling a channel for it into the top of the thompson grip, drilling a couple holes through the underside so you can get to the tightening screws, and epoxy the rail cover into the channel. Then after it sets, you can attach it to an MLOK/Keymod rail like anything else. In theory.

Attached: railscales-honeycomb-rail-cover-m-lok-2-slot-g10-g-m-hc2-blk.jpg (1536x1536, 164K)

I was thinking that, I'll keep that in mind, thanks. What about pic related, a picatinny bipod adapter? Couldn't I just flip it this way and drive the screws through the holes? Would there be some sort of weird washer I could use to make sure it doesn't slip through?

Attached: QRBIPOD-2.jpg (500x500, 53K)

That could probably work, but IMO that wouldn't look very good. You'd have the lever and whatnot between the rail and the grip. I would try my method because the grip would be flush with the rail.

fortismfg.com/ar15-fortis-shift-vertical-grip

That would be functionally the same, and arguably stronger, but if what OP is going for is the Thompson aesthetics then that wouldn't work.

Also, that grip is fucking hideous in it's own right.

My main problem actually is that I have a low smithing skill. I can screw things in and epoxy, but milling/routing/planing wood is outside my sphere of knowledge. I have a powerdrill and small handtools but that's pretty much the extent of my tooling.

Just use a wood file to make the channel.

So, assuming you have the grip and whatever rail cover you are going to use, place the cover on the top of the grip and trace it's outline on the grip. Then pick yourself up some cheap chisels at harbor freight or something, and carefully notch out the interior of your outline until the cover fits inside flush with the top of the grip (it doesn't have to be beautiful , it will be hidden against the rail) then mark your holes for the screws and drill out from the top, (make sure you have sharp drill bits so you don't blow wood out the other side of the grip). Then epoxy the cover in place, do any cleanup that's required and boom, Thompson grip on an AR/anything with an MLOK rail.

Ok I think I get what you're saying. But how would that cover placed inside the groove then be secured to the male side of the rail (on the handguard?). For example, my Magpul MOE grip has screws that go through it with a nut on the other side it screws into, while a cover just snaps over the rail and I'm concerned it won't be sturdy enough (I'm scared of it falling off during shooting)

Just have one custom made by a woodsmith.

Well part of the whole project is that it's cheap. The Thompson foregrip is like $30, and hopefully the adapter I get is under $30.

Would there be some way to attach pic related to the wood? I could remove the existing wood slots and file them down and screw this in, if only I can find some way to keep it secure

Attached: 71b2dgy+NoL._SX425_.jpg (425x341, 9K)

To be clear, I'm advocating against using a picatinny rail, because my method would not work well for that as you have guessed. My method would require you to have an MLOK or Keymod rail that you can then use to attach things. It might be more of an investment for you, but IMO they are far superior then old style quadrails.

If that is unappealing, then using your method in for a picatinny rail should work fine, it just won't look as nice and might be more fragile.

You'd have to modify the wood part.

Holee fuck I want this

Do it faggot. Post pics.