/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

MARINES ON LSD EDITION

>LEEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = BIG YES
>LEEING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

discord.gg/hmnCCTb
/meg/ official discord

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
Maybe.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, long work hours, with good job prospects. It's definitely not for everyone or even most people in general.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: 980x.jpg (640x360, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/hmnCCTb
foreverwingman.com/air-force-career-fields-requiring-top-secret/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

getting my ppl. will the air force give me a pilot job if i have one? will they pay for my school?

Is there anyone you can talk to if you feel hopeless & suicidal but don’t wanna get stretched out by the BGW?

Yee, there's like 80,000 different suicide prevention programs in the army, just look into them and find which one is right for you. Most of them are entirely confidential. Same for Chaplin visits. Hang in there buddy, you only have to sweep the MP for so long.

The United States Army is the only branch where you can actually choose the job you get, it's a big reason why I chose the army. Every other branch will just send you as the needs of that branch demand. If there's an open pilot spot, you can put it as your preference sure. Best have a 99 asvab if you want to get it tho, because it goes to the highest bidder and every mf wants to be a pilot.

I want to re-up.
Used to be 42A but didn't enjoy it.
How is 74D? It looks interesting, though there is little info online about its entirety.

Attached: cat 8.jpg (640x853, 63K)

When does the new army PT test go into effect?

Dont dude you will spend your entire career being a S3 bitch.

Beginning of the fiscal year

What's the best branch and job in the US to join if I don't want to work with females, niggers, spics, or leftists?

Attached: 1510654992576.jpg (850x601, 161K)

every branch has those, i would say any SOCOM unit.... but even then there are blacks and latinos and other people who make it through, also keep in mind you will find every variety of asshole and shitbag in the military, being with a predominantly white unit isnt a going to ensure a good functioning and respectable unit and command. like i said id wager spec ops is the way to go. id go army 11x option 40. or 18x if you are a stud.

WOFT nibba here, AMA

Accepted into Army Street to Seat WOFT and currently DEPping.

HMU on the /MEG/ discord if i miss a question or if you wanna talk, I'm there frequently. discord.gg/hmnCCTb

Attached: 4573-768x511.jpg (768x511, 78K)

does it matter what bank you use when you're setting up direct deposit?

Going for 19D in Nat Guard and then plan on doing school full time to pursue my RN when I'm stateside.
How realistic is this? Basically just got a little blackpilled cause a bunch of people online were like "they're going to fuck up your school year." That and it seems that they're doing way more drills than the recruiter is saying, some guy talked about doing a year's worth of MUTAs in like 7 months.
If I just stick to weekdays for my classes I should be fine right?
Also recruiter has been trying to push me into 11B but someone on here told me to do cav just because they had the broadest training out of infantry (inb4 cav aren't infantry). The broad training as well as learning operations and reconnaissance and a bunch of other stuff was really appealing, but then I ran into a bunch of 11B's talking shit about cav's and it made me kind of concerned. No CIB, no cord, and instead have to wear a fuckin cowboy hat? Gay. But then at the end of the day those are just aesthetics so I guess it's no biggie. The training is what I'm really interested in as well as the tempo of the job should I get deployed.
Anyway was just curious what if there was anyone in the guard here that had thoughts about doing school fulltime while being in with it.

Can anyone tell me what it is/was like to be a merchant marine? I'm mostly interested in career opportunities outside of it and how intensive the training and attitude is.

Rundown on Army Intel?
Is 35F the way to go?

Nothing in this post is true.
Go away recruiter.

Well I joined the Navy with a good asvab, and you do have some choice in the matter. You can select what job you'd be interested in by category.

Granted, I can't say "I want to be X" and they'll make that happen. But you can have a preference and narrow down your field.

Having your PPL gives you a big leg up but it's still competitive since OTS doesn't have many pilot slots.

Anybody have the AFI or memo that dictictates air Force tech school training policy and requirements?

Attached: 1551373787460.jpg (640x780, 84K)

It's dependent on the tech school. Which one are you looking at?

No

Attached: Screenshot_20180819-170537_Gallery.jpg (1080x1723, 1.27M)

how the fuck does U.S health care work, I need an $8000 surgery before I can join but my job doesn't offer health insurance.

>job doesn't offer health insurance
You must be working part-time or some bullshit.

How old are you?

Pretty sure you can stay on your parents insurance until 24.

Okay?

1 less post

Alrighty?

Attached: Screenshot_20180716-235819_Gallery.jpg (1080x803, 315K)

I'm not in contact with them

Alright lads, I've got a question if this isn't US only general, I'm from Slovakia and I've got no direction in life and fucking depressed but pretty fit, if I want to see some action should I join my own army or do some shit like join the FFL or fly to US to join there

Then you're SOL unless you get a job with health insurance or someone to pay for it.

Whats the surgery for?

Good luck joining the US Military as a foreigner. You wont see action as a slovak, and the FFL is popular with eastern yuropeons but its a pretty shitty time and you will get treated like a 2nd class citizen.

There was a 74D in my company that did everything a 42A did with the added responsibility of maintaining and issuing gas masks. Don't do it.

Fuck that's bad news, although I heard the treatment in FFL is trash I seriously consider it

I ship out in a week and a half. Is my fiancée gonna be able to see me off at the airport? Would like to get one last hug and kiss in before I eventually get jodied during OSUT

Oct. 2020

Hi /meg/, I need your advice. I'm in the process of joining the USAF, but I have an old debt that's preventing what level of security clearance I can get. One option I have is to pay it if completely, which would take me at 2-3 months in addition to the time it's going to take to finalize everything at MEPS. The other option is to just take the lower level security clearance. Is there any resource to tell me what specific jobs I would be barred from without a top security clearance? Also, do I have to pay the debt off completely or will getting into a repayment plan satisfy the requirements I need?

I'm not a super poorfag, I've got about $10k saved, I just don't want to wipe out almost all my savings before basic.

Surgery is to fix the airflow of my nose, I could probably make it through basic but I'd have shit tier PT and be huffing and puffing hard as a fatty.

foreverwingman.com/air-force-career-fields-requiring-top-secret/
Is this list accurate? If so, I'm not really worried about locked out of the top secrete clearance and I'll probably just go ahead with my enlistment without worrying about the debt situation.

aside from 11b infantry, what are some other cool combat arms related jobs in the army?

Attached: 1547742854094.jpg (448x484, 174K)

What branch. If you can do the PT before the surgery then just join and get the surgery done after training. Any medical procedure you get done prior will work against you in MEPs. Tough it out if you can.

19k you get to work with tanks downside is you become a humongous douche bag
19d you do the same stuff an armored or mechanized infantryman does but you wear a funny hat sometimes and get bitter and defensive when accused of being a pog
18x you become a cook lol

You forgot another thing about 19D, which is that you become an enormous semen slurper. There’s no cure. You’ll be bullied by infantrymen too

Boring powerpoints all day. But you are technically responsible for choices that might get hundreds of people killed if you fuck up. And TS clearance will get your foot in the door almost everywhere. If you’re interested in technical writing (writing “For Dummies” books) it’ll offer some experience.

prior service here

I want to reenlist back in as a 13F and work my way to RASP. Anyone have exp on coming back in?

Attached: 1509006363302.png (640x480, 148K)

Don’t

Outside of being a pilot (I have garbage eyes) where can officers find the most camaraderie and least amount of backstabbing? I'm not interested in making it a career, so I'm not too concerned about advancement.

It's all unit dependant really, most line units will have you work in the O room like a bitch. Going to a chem unit prevents that since you'll be surrounded by other 74s and do recon and decon stuff. Going to a SOCOM unit also gets you out of doing 42 shit MOST of the time. It's all luck of the draw really, the job itself is fine tho, HAZMAT is great fun, just wish I actually did that stuff outside of AIT...anyways I can answer whatever questions you have about being a 74D

In a situation where going back would be for the best unfortunately so I figure I'm gonna make the most of it

You get cucked as a trainee

Don't be an officer please. We want officers who want to be there and can do their jobs. Not lazy fuckers that hide and do fuck all just to have another bulletpoint on their resume.

>19K
>Douchebag
Please explain, most of the tankers I've met are very chill

is it bad if I call almost everyone I talk about a nigger regardless of their skin color?
it's like the first word out of my mouth a third of the time.

No, you stupid nigger.

yeah but like....in the military.
say it slips out even if there aren't any
*checks notes*
African Americans around. Am I gonna get discharged for rape or get some dogshit punishment because god forbid trained killers use bad words?

31L if you wanna LARP as an FBI agent, but the fun ends once you kill or catch the badguys. You don’t have to wear your slave uniform, and can do some crazy stuff you’ll never get to talk about if you get attached to any SOCOM units. If you wanna be a fed when you get out it’s a nice option. If you’re in a normie unit you’ll be bored and hate your life.

35M basically picks up where the 35L guys left off with all the torture and interrogation stuff. Barely. If you have a foreign language you’ll probably hangout with combat units. Otherwise you’re gonna be a cuck.

35N is pretty cool if you like computers and wanna work alphabet soup later. If you’re airborne then SOT-A could lead to some interesting life experiences.

35S is like above but even more computer oriented.

35P linguists are not what you expect. Assuming you don’t flunk out of DLI or foolishly marry one of your classmates you likely won’t ever use your language because terps are a diamond dozen. You’ll be a cuck nobody knows what to do with unless you’re airborne and get SOT-A. Then you could hangout with the ninjas and never be able to tell anyone what you did.

35T has shitloads of opportunities both educational and professional. Don’t bother with signals if you can do this.

35Q is the bootleg version of 17C. But you will literally get hounded by employers waving cash in your face halfway through the army, so hey.

One of the nice things about 35F is you’re free to slide through any of the MOS listed above. While the others basically trap you with maybe 1 other MI option.

Army street to seat, I don't want to look like a lazy retard when being evaluated by the board and get declined as a result.

No? It’s the military. Everyone calls each other niggers. I’ve had black dudes ironically call white dudes hard R niggers while telling them to go back to Africa eating watermelon.

holy fuck I'm home.
still gonna play it safe

Lies & slander

Tankers are fat jolly bastards

You might actually

>Where can officers find the most camaraderie and least amount of backstabbing?

Among high school girls

No one will give a fuck as long as you can do PT.

Can you or can you not do the PT.

Coughing in a girl’s direction is rape now. So yeah maybe. You can literally get ruined for smiling at a female these days.

The Army literally gave the i fantry a blue cord and CIb so they would feel better about being bullet catchers.

Cav's Stetson has historical meaning and heritage. In cav you'll be around lots of rednecks who like the Stetson. If you'd rather be around rock eating dipshits who like Blue Cords, go infantry. I'll never forget the day I had to explain to 6 or 7 11Bs what stars were. They didnt believe me when I explained that stars were far away planets and suns. It was hilarious.

>And what of the sun?
>Why does he disappear during the cold times?

I also tried to explain that the light we saw from stars was very old and that many of the stars we see are probably dead now.

One 11B said and I shit you not "so if I was on one of them planets with a big ass fuckin spot light and shined at you on earth, you wouldnt see it?"

God it was funny. But also slightly worrying.

Shit. I thought cooks took the big award for retardation.

it depends on your unit tbqh bro, but literally every tanker I've met, both tradoc and in forscom, has had a stick wedged in their anus. pvts and pv2s who trash talk infantry spcs and sgs, spcs who spend every detail "supervising" and who try to smoke lower ranking personnel because they think they're technically ncos now. plus they leave end caps and trash all over the motor pool every time because "the 11bs will clean it up."

What am I, clairvoyant? I have no idea what the intensity of basic training is and apparently they changed PT from basic pushups, situps, and running.

alright this makes me feel better.
overall what i've heard when I wade through the babble of infantry is that cavs tend to be slightly better people with more interesting training that get to cruise around but also go deep beyond the wire when they're not just straight up filling infantry roles. Goin cav.

Basic is fucking easy dog. You will be fine. Do a mock test. If you can make it through the test you will fine.

Yeah I mean idk how the Guard works. But cav scouts either get sent to infantry units where they do mostly infantry shit and hear retarded 11Bs go "muh blue cord" or they go to a cav unit and do more cavvy shit. Either way you're doing combat arms Army so theres oppurtunity to get into some shit, but a lot of really dumb people who arent there because they want to kill people per se. Lots end up there cause they're dog-like subhumans who were talked into it by a recruiter or family member or Call of Duty.

Do the psychos who just wanna kill people get weeded out early?

>will the air force give me a pilot job if i have one?
No, only if you have a 4 year degree

Yeah we'll see. I'm gonna try to meet the cav unit here in Portland to get a read on them and ask them about their optempo

I don't know why we're even talking about basic. There's still a PT score that goes into the street to seat packet and scraping by because I'm gimped by a bad case of nigger nose is retarded so can a nigga just tell me how fucking insurance works? The American school system taught me zero life skills.

Who can tell me about 88k?

I wanna do moist things. I also like rust busting and want to learn about engines n shit.

Imagine being in a green water navy, but actually 1st world

Doesnt sound too bad. After a while I'm thinking of moving to coastguard.

When youre enlisted how often do you get the chance to hit the range and keep your skills sharp?

What MOS is door kicker?

92G

Is there anyone here that is in the army reserves or national guard who can tell me about going to college while in? How badly does it mess with your school? I was thinking about joining and doing college, but I got put off by it when I heard that it makes it harder to keep up with classes.

I'm currently an 88k10, what you want to know my guy

that's kind of the plan actually

>tfw just aced the DLAB

Attached: dab.png (464x411, 207K)

Niiiice

They see the most fucked up shit in the army

Its not green water lcu, large tug, and lsv can sail open ocean. Especially lsv and large tug.
t. 88l20
If you want engines and shit that is 88L but don't do 88L right now. Too many 10s and no 20s or 30s or 40s or warrants. So many 10s they are talking about reclassing new 10s ro hotels. 88k is cool. Much easier than being a Lima except you have to do deck ops or cargo ops.

Attached: IMG-20180824-WA0000.jpg (3264x1836, 680K)

I do my classes online

So my application to Navy OCS went out yesterday for Pilot, NFO, or Intel

So do I, have you ever been deployed and had to do them?

Seeing that the space development agency is becoming a thing when do you think the space force will be stood up?

is this thread for americans only?
Might join the Bundeswehr

Attached: wide__1300x731.jpg (1300x731, 199K)

You pay into insurance, generally through an employer sponsored program. Insurance company eats most of the costs associated with health needs leaving you with a smaller bill. You might be able to find insurance plans not through your employer but directly through an agency.

If you want it so bad then just use your savings. You wont be spending any money in basic so you will be able to form a cushion again.

So I got "temporarily disqualified" for the air force due to extremely mild psoriasis, but I was also approved to get my medical exam. What, are they gonna look at my psoriasis and see if it's actually anything to be worried about? Because I'm 99% sure if they looked at it they'd realize how it'd never get in the way of anything at all.

I work boats, and have driven good sized ones in the past I was thinking of doing 88k to maybe transfer to coastguard and definitely get a captains license down the road. Where do you operate, like landings, river patrol, ship resupply? What's your day to day? Would you recommend to someone who is highly interested in boats and the water in general? Something about navy doesnt sit right with me, thats why I'm interested in army small boat operations.

Would you recommend it to someone looking to make a career on the water?

>31L

Dropped

My ankles are fucked and I can barely stand up with my heels touching the floor without sticking by butt out a bit to balance. Will they notice? Do they do any tests about that?

We do cargo ops primarily with the occasional training with with other units like divers, other branches and on rare occasions sf. If you pick it you will for sure go to 7th transportation brigade in ft Eustis va. Depending on what unit you go to depends how much you'll sail. I'm at 97tc heavy boat, which is the LCU unit. Right now a lot of overseas missions like jlots and some rotations to Kuwait and Japan have been cancelled. When sailing all you do is handle lines, pull watch and work on the deck in whatever needs to be done. When in port you'll be doing pre-sail most of the time and pmcsing equipment. It's a chill job, but that's just my unit. Pray you don't get causeway or any unit in 11th BN, 10th BN has all the cool boats like LSVs, tugs and LCUs