Mace Build

give me some criticism
pretty much forged the curved pieces
then welded it all together
and grinded it all out

Attached: headpiece.jpg (4032x3024, 2.96M)

it would hurt to be hit by it if thats what you're asking. Beyond that... idk reinforcement to the bands so if you really whap something you won't bend or break it.

before you get any actual hate.... good job creating a weapon, you should be applauded for that

What's the point of the curved pieces? It looks like they'll just bend. A mace should be made with solid flanges.

How heavy is the ball and how long is the shaft.

appreciate it man but bands are actually supported by the spikes ive got welds underneath it, i didnt want to weld it on the outside because it'd look ugly atleast to me
I just saw a bunch like skyrim type flangs and i thought it was sorta generic idk but had the morning star idea to it
the piece in the center is actually solid steel which causes it to be top heavy (kinda the point i think)

Attached: fullbody.jpg (507x676, 111K)

Very good.
You may want to find the center of mass and add weight to head.
Also consider going double pass on a few of those welds. Its a very hard angle to look at but it looks like there might be incomplete fusion which will break.

But how long is the shaft the ball is swinging on?

I think you did pretty well

what area the shaft? i did 4 passes with 7018 on the shaft. Also idk of the weight scale is fucked but i'd say 10-15 lbs
picture is too powerful i guess but its exactly 24inches(2ft)

heres center
thx man

Attached: IMG_1272.jpg (4032x3024, 3.88M)

Maybe rub a little bit of 6010 in there.

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (476x751, 664K)

idk i think it was the picture because fuckin spinned and checked the shit out couple things i noticed was the sketchy welds on the bands

Attached: IMG_1274.jpg (4032x3024, 2.28M)

I can envision you bending the curved pieces which would bend the spikes out at an angle. Maybe add two more diagonal spikes at the point where the single spike is welded.

Illegal in Texas. Good job, that's a nice mace.

Attached: 1551611032144.gif (500x375, 276K)

wait what? what does it classify as?

also what do you mean bend the spikes? if anything i will make a whole another one and then just take what im learnin from this.
this was my first project

everytiem

Attached: serveimage(2893).jpg (800x533, 91K)

god damn it ;)

Attached: pepe_memed.gif (305x320, 980K)

Wait is the shaft a fucking pipe? That shit is going to bend under the slightest use.

no its 3 layers of metal and i basically grinded it and made it round

Oh I see it now. Cool.

A mace. Illegal to carry or use even in self defense.

Nice looking, but might get stuck in people when used. But who cares. Not like it gonna get used.

Genuine 15th C maces were often tubular.

see the seam on the right-hand one in this photo.

Attached: IMG_3603.jpg (2592x3888, 912K)

>bear mace
I hear it's shit for actual encounters and you're better off aiming for the eyes at a distance.

Because maces are much lighter than most people would assume.

why a mace over a battle axe or sword? you dont have to fight people in armor. maces arent as good for unarmored ppl or even using it for utility. A good tomahawk can still act as a camp axe

Looks good OP. I'm going to second the suggestions of reinforcing the welds. I'm also going to suggest that you consider shortening the spikes. Wouldn't want it to get stuck in a target.

what does it feel like in your asshole?

why do you let the handle continue to suck?
get some grip tape or SOMETHING because you are going to drop immediately

i made like a shitty axe but it was kinda generic and mace took some time and it was a fun little project.
alright fair enough

i didn't what the fuck to do with the handle honestly
so its a little thinner to make adjustments if needed

contact cememnt and leather?
bike tires and zipties?
that shit they put on tennis rackets?

even electrical tape would be a step up, for a few days until it peels, anyway

Just use an input shaft, I used to use one in fights all the time when I was a hoodrat.

Attached: DSCN2647.jpg (1024x768, 173K)

Here's one I made out of old machine parts from my work. I've since gone through and redone all the tack fuses into proper welds

Attached: IMG_20181114_213453.jpg (3024x4032, 3.09M)

my vote is grippy atheltic tape. make it look like a pull up bar.

I used foam tape then wrapped it in athletic tape so it wouldn't get torn up. I capped the end off with electrical tape so it wouldn't come unwound

thats actually fuckin sick

A lot of volume without much mass.

see this, make this.

Attached: DreughClub.png (320x500, 54K)