Small squad level drones with the capacity to fire AT munitions is my current fetish...

Small squad level drones with the capacity to fire AT munitions is my current fetish. Setting up a small airbase with a few of these things could be done at a platoon level, and provide recon and precision strikes for a pretty large area.
Any other man portable drones that carry guided munitions?

Attached: F6F8B493-0E29-45E4-BF07-3F2FE9FC3A15.jpg (640x426, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyros_(bomb)
youtube.com/watch?v=7sVElxRKQ0E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AAI_RQ-7_Shadow
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeywell_RQ-16_T-Hawk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>DescriptionThe Pyros, previously referred to as the Small Tactical Munition, is a weapon developed by Raytheon, designed to be used by UAVs. Raytheon successfully conducted flight tests in October 2010, and it may be used to arm the AAI RQ-7 Shadow. It weighs 13 pounds, and originally had a 7 lb warhead.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyros_(bomb)

Attached: 62B39948-A7C0-40B6-8C9D-2D577CFA8654.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Attached: 3DE52122-CC1C-40C2-846D-7FB5AECE475A.jpg (550x375, 33K)

Attached: 57AA41B7-7617-4B65-A692-9644146ADC46.jpg (530x361, 40K)

Proof of concept. The pyros hits a bullseye on its maiden test firing.

Attached: 78D38FE2-5428-4581-9DC9-C83FA618713D.jpg (530x361, 32K)

That's neither man portable or squad level.

>Pyros

>Squad level
>Anti-tank
>Man portable platform

Nigger what the fuck are you talking about

The shadow drone weighs 320 pounds. It is normally towed by trailer, but can be broken down and spreadloaded.

>squad level
It can be
>anti-tank
Pyros has a variety of warheads, AT being one of them
>man portable
Men portable, excuse me

>It can be
No.

Why not? What’s stopping a fire team from becoming a drone operator team? 2 fire teams to set up a small base and pull security, one to launch drones. Throw in an attached drone mech and there you go.

No, it can't. It takes 22 soldiers to operate an RQ-7 system, you dumb shit.

You're absolutely ignorant of the hardware required to 1) launch the aircraft 2) control the aircraft and 3) maintain the aircraft

Attached: 06ff5d4ef4d09caec3c73ab346a24224.jpg (1350x1114, 180K)

>Pyros has a variety of warheads, AT being one of them

Liar

Nope. It has an AT warhead

No, there isn't. If there was you'd have proven it by now.

You don’t know how google works?

Yes, that's how I know you're talking shit, retard. So far you've manged to be wrong about pretty much everything from your OP.

>i say something exists
>but its up to you to prove it

last flail of a failed argument

>Small squad level drones with the capacity to fire AT munitions is my current fetish
>small drone
>AT munitions
how?

>What are AT launchers
It's almost like small anti tank warheads exist or something

Attached: 1551635353893.jpg (1024x700, 134K)

Why not just strap an M240C to a small Quadcopter, hook it up to some kind of CROWS system via a tablet/laptop for the squad to carry and call it a day?

why couldnt it be? A 7lb warhead hitting the lightly armored top of a tank sounds a lot like a javelin missile we already use

Innefective against armor.

>AT launchers
on a small drone? the recoil would destroy it, maybe small AT suicide drones

well yeah, but it would still make a pretty handy squad/platoon level support weapon

>AT launchers
>recoil
Don’t comment if you don’t understand what your talking about

>proceeds to hover in circles around desert building while unloading 500 rounds of 308 through the windows and walls
no crows needed if trying to down size and save weight, just a forward mounted gun and rely on maneuverability. 200-300lb full set up?

I agree

For a small drone they most certainly will retard. There's a reason this stupid idea hasn't been tried by experts and professionals

youtube.com/watch?v=7sVElxRKQ0E

Only it has been tried successfully. The proof of concept was posted earlier in the thread

see

Attached: Drone Spray.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

The pyros can be fitted to a number of drones. Just because the military over implicates the shadow drone, doesn’t mean it takes 22 people to maintain the drone. Maintenance can be conducted by one person, launching and flying can be conducted with one person. Just because 20 PFCs helped erect an antenna for a field op doesn’t mean that’s what it actually takes. Good god man

You addressed nothing in this post

I did. Like I said, one man can catapult the aircraft, one man can control it, and one man can maintain it. Obviously not including the log train for parts. So I addressed every single point in that post.

Bęc.

Attached: DSC02185-e1441873100173.jpg (1600x1067, 792K)

Holy shit your thick, I was replying to user saying at warheads don't exist that small. I was pointing out that at launchers have warheads that small that function perfectly adequately for most if not all armored targets these days. Read the good damn thread before you reply

Attached: 1552238176067.jpg (350x438, 18K)

What a wonderful concept. I hope to see small drone munitions get widespread use.

Addressing them whilst being utterly wrong doesn't work in your favor

>what is the Aerovironment Switchblade

It's been in service for nearly a decade, gents.

The warhead on a Javelin is 18.5lbs, fucknuts

Post source that says the shadow takes a crew of 22 to operate. You simply can’t

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AAI_RQ-7_Shadow

He posted a wiki link, boys. It's over. We're done here.

>but can be broken down and spreadloaded.

Call me crazy but I think you might just be talking shit

>one man can catapult the aircraft, one man can control it, and one man can maintain it.

Are you absolutely retarded

You've actually yet to answer what makes a Humvee man portable I want to see how much further you can dig yourself

>Man portable

Based retard

Attached: 921716-Q-VJI92-558.jpg (3669x2446, 2.04M)

It can take off from a runway as well

Since when?

I reiterate, based retard

Attached: RQ-7B Launch and Recovery Element.jpg (664x1000, 121K)

Since inception. It’s a matter of swapping the sled mount for a landing gear. 2nd echelon maintenance

Don’t reason with retards. He might post another wiki article, maybe even a Facebook meme

>Swapping the sled mount for landing gear

What like the landing gear you see here launching from the catapult? Why are you lying and saying it doesn't cat launch with landing gear?

The Pyros is meant for the RQ-7 Shadow and it's brigade level, it's not even close to squad level.

It's also not an anti-tank munition.

It's also nowhere close to a man portable system. The GCS alone is Humvee mounted, let alone the radio connection and launch/landing system.

It’s a different landing gear that gives it runway capabilities instead of sled launched capabilities. You’re digging yourself a hole

This is what a squad level asset looks like, something that is used at a fireteam level for fireteam level objectives such as seeing what's around the next wall or over the hill

Attached: flir-black-hornet.jpg (630x420, 65K)

Prove it then, liar. Prove you haven't just been caught out bullshitting.

Based retard strikes again

Based chink poster. Impressive

Well, this is easy.

A) Post evidence that it can be a man-portable system

B) Post evidence that the Pyros is anti-tank

This is the squad level drone asset.the shadow is a division level asset.

Attached: AF79380E-1710-43D5-A9AE-FAB337678416.jpg (1024x576, 213K)

You’re making the claim that it isn’t. You make that claim without a shred of evidence too

No, my evidence is this

Also, you made the claim to begin with, the burden of proof is on you.

Boy today is a learning experience for the dumbassery of Jow Forums posters

Attached: Logical Fallacy 11 - Burden Of Proof.png (876x613, 293K)

Post evidence! Shrieks the guy making wild accusations without posting evidence.
That’s a commercial drone. More disinfo

It's pretty ironic when you're asking me for evidence that something doesn't exist, therefore asking me for no evidence at all.

None of that is evidence. Those are pictures from non threatening training ops.

>I..I...I was only pretending to be retarded.
ITT user just watched law and order

So you think outside of training the launch system and control system stops existing?

Never said that

So how is it not evidence of the system required to operate a Shadow?

How about a large quadcopter with multiple medium bore mortars attached to it? It can land and quickly complete a fire mission and displace before counterbattery fire

One of the systems

So what's your point? I know it's part of the system required.

The shadow has VTOL so maybe that could end up happening one day

What? No it doesn't.

Post proof

I think I might see your game here

>Empty weight 186lbs
>gross weight 375lbs
how is a small squad suppose to operate this?

The generator for the control station/data link alone is over a thousand pounds dry too.

Maybe OP should drop the "AT capability" and embrace more recon styled drones that can spot armor for Combat Engineers

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeywell_RQ-16_T-Hawk

This shit costs 100.000 dollars.

By the way, isis used commercial drones to drop rifle grenades, mortar rounds or home made grenades

Attached: Armed-Drone-RPG-ISIS.jpg (1120x563, 66K)

Thanks for the update 2016

>the red rocket

Retard

This dan be a squad level drone

>an other shitty cringe thread made by some /v/'s 12 years old kid because he saw something in one of his video game toys

Can we get Jow Forums to become a Jow Forums 18+ board, please? Being a 4channel's blue is insufferable.

Attached: cats.jpg (1200x1000, 165K)

we need flags on this board

I've always thought the SPIKE missile and others like it are a great idea. Every SF team should have multiple surveillance drones and at least 1-2 SPIKE or equivalent missiles. Stop sending our best fighters to get shot close range. Be patient. Use technology. Execute the enemy, minimize risk.

In the future, Humans will look back on our current era the same way we look at bloodletting and astrology.

most AT launchers have no recoil