Wtf

nytimes.com/2019/03/14/nyregion/sandy-hook-supreme-court.html

How stupid is this. What happened to personal responsibility?

If I run my Rav4 into a crowd of people I guess toyota is at fault?

What happens to the gun market when manufactures go out of business due to frivolous lawsuits or stop selling "scary guns" out of fear of litigation?

Attached: 1497483658999.jpg (610x610, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nydailynews.com/news/national/colo-shooting-victim-parents-broke-suing-gun-seller-article-1.2583138
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>chick lean
It was a simpler time.

if anyone tried that shit today they would get BTFO by the police

Weird world we live in. Police get all the milsurp shit they want like MRAPs and armor all on the tax payers dollar yet have the gall to ask for handouts and cold call for money for the officers ball.

Well they might BTFO the local police but FBI man would magically teleport there and rape them all to death.

>sue the manufacturers out of existence
it's gun grabber tactics 101, op

Attached: apu_innajungle.jpg (923x713, 70K)

A more powerful force will surrender if they have more to lose. And that’s assuming the police are more powerful.

imagine needing MRAPs to deal with a couple of tyrones with hi-points

the MRAPs are for intimidating white people, it's sending a message that you can't even think about fighting without 30 men in a .30-06 AP resistant APC crashing through your front door
in reality it's bullshit since for all the money they put into cool SWAT training and teams dedicated to searching facebook posts to find threatening posts, they don't really bother with relatively simple things such as measures to prevent someone from just walking into a police station and throwing a satchel charge over the front desk

>implying police stations should be secure as bunkers
well... I'm sure the city and PD doesn't want to appear to be an occupying force, user. :^)

I keep meaning to find a book about this, as I am unwilling to trust wikipedia and a some infographics. Was it really a happy ending? Was it about stuffed ballot boxes or a perceived slight in regards to taxes?

But yes, this ruling is just dumb.
>“Consider your man card reissued.”
I can't wait for someone run over by that goon in Charlottesville to sue Dodge on the basis that they ran a commercial where George Washington drives a Challenger into battle against the British. Unless the gun companies illegally sold weapons to Adam Lanza's mother they have ZERO liability here. I'm not so much irritated with the parents that want to do this as with the advocacy groups that likely suggested they do this in the first place. What brand of shoes was he wearing that day? Maybe they can squeeze a couple million out of New Balance.

This- they want to have gun companies held liable for what third parties do with their products even though it doesn't work that way with anything else. And if they get this, they will then use lawsuits and the threat thereof to bypass the constitutional rights we have and just stop the companies from selling anything with a capacity over five rounds or that looks scary to progressive candy asses. This has been part of the Brady campaign's plans for a long time now.

God all those comments

It'll get to a higher court, who will point to the law, and saw no, you clearly can't sue them. The family will be left with the bill, and be devastated, as usual.

This has to go to SCOTUS. There's too much money involved for it not to.

Those Bundy faggots sure caused a ruckus.

>The family will be left with the bill, and be devastated, as usual.
Make no mistake, someone else is footing that bill for them.

>In the 4-3 ruling, the justices agreed with a lower court judge’s decision to dismiss most of the claims raised by the families
and the once suit left is bad marketing
it's literally nothing

From Connecticut, if only you knew how bad it really was.

The anti evil black baby killing machine gun fever has never died down here. Our overlords have bent every law in place to disarm its population with the eventual end goal of confiscation, for our own safety of course.

This ruling doesn't even surprise me. How fucking delusional this state is. Guess I can start a lawsuit on Chevrolet since my cousin died last year on the highway.

FUCK CONNECTICUT

If I intentionally over-serve somebody as a bartender, and they get in a car accident killing a family, am I responsible? I can’t believe this! what will those evil commies think of next?

The insufferability of them is overwhelming. “Before someone makes the argument about cars...lemme ad hominem the shit out of it.” Makes me think we’ll see an ALL TIME HIGH of animosity next year for election season.

So the court dismissed most of the claims, but ruled that a lawsuit could proceed based on the claim that a violation of state law regarding marketing practices was violated. That will literally never pan out. They're gonna lose.

Also, there's no way these plaintiffs actually believe that the masculine-style advertising made Lanza go and shoot their kids, because that's fucking retarded. They're just looking to punish the manufacturers/dealers since they can't punish Lanza. There is zero principle here, just angry, bereaved (former) parents.

lets just hope the judge agrees. but connecticut.
nydailynews.com/news/national/colo-shooting-victim-parents-broke-suing-gun-seller-article-1.2583138

I agree its going to be bad this election cycle

>There is zero principle here, just angry, bereaved (former) parents.

And Bloomberg money. Lots and lots of Bloomberg money.

cept police are payed and the people theyre fight believe in a cause. Makes thing a bit tricky

Attached: 1536950755121.png (558x744, 428K)

20 years ago, a big city cop moved down here. Acted like a big shot, fucking with people.
He ended up committing suicide in the county graveyard by shooting himself in the back of the head with his shotgun.

"No one needs a machine gun, assault rifle with repeating clips or many of these other weapons used by mass murderers."

Legitimately triggered me

Shot himself in the BACK of his head with shotgun? I'd be interested to see the mechanics of that.

Think about what he meant for a second

Nobody else was interested in the mechanics of it.

Ahhh OK I'm a fucking retard, I get it

Attached: 1532820306936.png (645x729, 105K)

>chick lean
boy, better learn yourself

I argue with lawyers for a living. I work in insurance and deal with lawsuits everyday.

You can file suit against anyone for basically anything to have your case presented in front of a judge. This doesn't mean by any stretch of the imagination that you will win. Our court system is just a tool for people to get the best decision made about something. Sueing means you asked the question, it doesn't mean you got your answer.

Also, Connecticut is a legal hotbed and a fucking nightmare. Everyone there is retarded and has a lawyer on speed dial. They think this solves everything. It's almost as bad as the real scum-hive - NY.

>If I intentionally over-serve somebody as a bartender, and they get in a car accident killing a family, am I responsible?

Yes...intentionally over-serve someone? Like slip liquor into someone's drink when they didn't know it with the goal of getting them drunk? Yes, you should be held responsible.

Sorry about your cousin user.

Will almost certainly be overturned. If the precedent stands that someone can sue a manufacturer for using a product in a way that product was meant to be used ("meant to" used loosely) it will open Pandora's Box.

>fatties can all sue McDonald's because the manufacturer knowingly made food with poor nutritional value

>every single car accident will be the fault of the manufacturer because they made a product capable of generating insane amounts of kinetic energy

And so on

You sure about that?

Attached: bundy_bridge.jpg (720x405, 114K)

The classical conspiracy answer is that they're for dealing with you and me friend, when the time comes.

I wouldn't get too caught up on it. the vote was super close; 4-3, and they were ruling against a previous decision. if it goes to SCOTUS I doubt it would even stand a chance.

A man fought for his beliefs today in NZ.

Connecticut - built by gun companies
100 years later sues gun companies for crimes people commit.

I’d like to Sue the state of Connecticut for every murder committed buy a gun made in their state for the last 150 years.

Not only did they enable these gun manufacturers, they profited from the murders committed.

Bloomberg and his anti-gun orgs are behind this lawsuit.

Attached: 1542733450245.jpg (1113x1000, 169K)

I always used to joke about
>Mcdonalds made me fat so now I'm suing

And it's weird to see us getting this close to that actually being an argument you can throw at a courtroom

No, retard. He's saying if you understand they're getting drunk and know they drove here but you keep giving them alcohol at their own request anyways.

A time where men could hit their mark without trying.
A time where men could shoot a gun without a tryhard ober8ter stance.

Jesus Christ, The NY Times literally picks their (((favorite))) comments to block out what everyone else is saying

You’re retarded, the police themselves were well armed with automatic weapons and self loading rifles as well as on par like the vets.

And in the end the government left AFTER some deep pockets paid bundys debt for him and not a second before

Yes user. There was a case a few years back where a barkeep served a dad an ungodly amount of shots and the old man died.

i mean he said intentionally, what you're saying isn't what he said at all. i think he's a retard

I don't think you quite get what the Bloomberg groups are trying here. They are trying to get around the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. That protects gun manufacturers and dealers from frivolous lawsuits by requiring the suing party to cover all legal fees when they lost. Prior to it's passing, several anti-gun groups were constantly suing different gun companies and dealers, not caring if they won since all they wanted to do was cost those companies money.
What they want is to find a way they can just sue the companies into oblivion again.

Somewhat unsurprisingly, that man has a jewish name.

It's too bad that he wasn't at the first shooting to stop that crazy Australian terrorist.

>From Connecticut, if only you knew how bad it really was.
I too am from Connecticut. Everyone talks about New York, Commiefornia, New Jersey and many other states before CT and I argue CT is probably the worst, or soon to be the worst offender of all. It's all fear monger, no logic all day every day. They don't care about our Rights and only seek to see that we become their subjects.

Get the 80%'s while you still can. If it's on a registry and they know it exists, they wont stop until they have it.

They take Milsurp because it is free.

uhhhh.....

Attached: Autismk4.jpg (1240x4594, 1.07M)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

t. buttmad Moishe.
it's a popular image. deal with ti.