youtube.com/watch?v=kSjcPEnG5ks
youtube.com/watch?v=CMZfEecrjwQ
ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30068
russiansurplus.net/product_p/ak-svds-stock.htm
ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30405
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>AK Buyer's Guide

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva

What would one call that type of sidefolder?

>Uncomfortable
It's an AIMR stock.
Try reverse image search next time.

Attached: dxgr47.jpg (800x273, 20K)

I've got an '86 Romanian AK. would it be sacrilegious if I put polymer furniture on it?

Is it permanent? Then do what you want.
>As long as it's plum

Sorry if wrong place for this
But which is generally considered better
Underfolder Wasr or full size Draco with folding stock? Full size Draco is same size as ak104 yes?

Also this would be for general purpose, something that can be taken long distance/ backpacking

Folding draco

Attached: Draco.jpg (1512x2016, 519K)

Lmao. Don't remember asking that.

youtube.com/watch?v=kSjcPEnG5ks

arent american AKs supposed to be dogshit? what happened? I already paid 850 on a yugo and now everyones on about how american guns are getting better, did I waste money?

I have a unconverted saiga 7.62 that I was gonna convert but these stocks look so cool. If I go that route I'd want to also get another AK but with a pistol grip, what's a quality traditional AK?

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 12K)

WASR

WASR
WBP Fox if you like Poland
Do you want to spend more money?

Yeah you wasted money, not since you didn't buy American but because you paid $250 too much for a Yugo.

I'm willing to spend good money for a good product. I thought WASRs were not great. I know my saiga eats everything I feed it, all I have in it is a bullet button and a mag release to use regular AK mags

>bullet button
You mean bullet guide?

WASRs are great. The only reason I'd spend more money on an AK is if I wanted features you can't get on a WASR, namely a side folding trunnion or a SBR ready barrel.

Yes, sorry meant bullet guide.

Also I have a folding stock for the saiga recivior, will any other AK option be able to use the same stock?

Don't care about sbr but I do have a folding stock for the saiga that I'd like to use if possible so I'm not sure if I need the trunnion or not

What's the folding stock?

I’m very pleased with the cerakote job I got done on my build. Now I can post the same picture over and over like the other fags here.

Attached: image.jpg (2394x1537, 2M)

The finish is actually the only good thing about the build. Your shits a mess dude.

The magpul one

I don't have an AK yet but will one day soon. What's wrong with his? Looks fine to me.

Thanks friend

Because the furniture and accessories don’t match probably. AK-74 style brake on a 47, non-zenit lower handguard, non-russian optic.

So one you can't even use right now on the Saiga because you don't have a pistol grip? You would be able to use it on a WASR or any other stamped AKM, but frankly they're really ugly.

Pretty much, at the very least I gotta give you props for not putting a memegrater and tapco 74 brake on it.

I don't see a problem with no rus optic. I thought zenit shit was too expensive and heavy for what it is

Yeah, it would need a pistol grip gun, so I'm good with a WASR? Looks like that's how I'm gonna go.

Still might end up with a 3rs AK, a pistol grip one setup to look authentic as possible, wood stock and forend, appropriate muzzle device, bayo lug, you know what people think of when they think of "ak47"

A side folding trunnion is what you would need for something like this

Attached: AK105_TriangleX300.jpg (1600x1200, 569K)

Not everyone cares about "correct" builds dude
Russian optics are shit anyways don't @ me

Yea, I the Arsenal brand 74 style brake for 47's is a bit pricey, but it's worth it imo. Works great.

> I thought zenit shit was too expensive and heavy for what it is
Yup, that's why I went with the AKM-L lower handguard. It's crazy light and I prefer M-LOK anyways.

Yea, that's why I went with the PA scope. Works great and isn't fuckhuge like some of the Russian optics.

Attached: wbp_build_cerakoted_3.png (740x1412, 2.07M)

AIMR stock. Unobtanium.
... you're pretending you dont already?

Attached: 1552101542937.jpg (4032x1761, 3.3M)

>... you're pretending you dont already?
At least I vary the background in my pictures, friend.

I've been meaning to ask you, why does your light have what appears to be a quick disconnector from the rail, but yet it has a pressure pad wire? Unless the wire quick disconnects too, I don't see much of a point in it.

Attached: wbp_build_cerakoted_5.jpg (640x1136, 233K)

That's not me, I thought it was you

This is quite the pickle

Attached: tut.jpg (312x324, 13K)

How does it run with that 74 style brake? Feel overgassed at all?

How embarrassing, user. You'd better go commit sudoku

Well this is awkward.

Oh, sorry. I got embarrassed. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, only just got it. I still have to get some shims for it to be timed correctly before trying it out.

>embarassed
Have you seen some of the trainwreck fugly aks posted here? The vz is my favorite overall rifle ever and as far as modded ones, yours isn't much to scoff at.

Remember when Sudoku was absolutely everywhere in the mid-2000s?
The fuck was all that about? That had to be the gayest fad I've ever seen

Attached: soviet checkpoint.jpg (1200x834, 221K)

>tfw my friend was looking to restore bakelite
>told him how to thoroughly on three separate occasions
>one day tells me he's going to the store to get the stuff and wanted to clarify what he needs
>copy+paste the process and send it to him for the fourth fucking time
>fast forward a couple days
>go to hang out with him
>"Dude check out how nice this grip looks now"
>looks the same but far more dull and less vibrant
>ask what he did
>"sanded it and oiled it with polyurethane...?"
>wat
>"yeah like I'd sand it, spray on poly, and rub it in for a couple minutes before wiping it off"
>my fucking face when

Attached: tisk.jpg (300x168, 29K)

youtube.com/watch?v=CMZfEecrjwQ

>a gun designed to improve upon its earlier generation which was based off a gun meant to improve upon the AKM is better than the AKM
Well tickle me pink, who would've guessed in 50 years there have be advancements in firearms?

Still ugly tho
Pic related is sex

Attached: 28764064_1917710535206040_4744767869311516672_n.jpg (1080x1080, 348K)

>Pic related is sex
Yeah, gay sex. Faggot.

Chinks

U dare disrespect Spurdo

1) looks like shit ALWAYS WILL
2) literally doesn't do a single thing an AK can't. And for the price difference between say a WASR and an ACE, you can buy a WASR and mod in most of the ACE's features, and then you'll have a gun that doesn't look like shit.

>bolt on pic rail
>8.5lbs naked
just get the Bren s2 if you want something modern

Current thoughts on the GF3 psak?
The gen 2 was supposedly pretty good even with the shit trunnion, and this one is forged.
Should i buy, or save $200 more for a wasr

Attached: akred2_3.jpg (1200x512, 39K)

WASR

You're safer buying a WASR but you could also be a guinea pig for the rest of us and try and shoot a gf3 to death

It's your money m8

Attached: F O R G E D.jpg (2960x1440, 1007K)

>The gen 2 was supposedly pretty good even with the shit trunnion, and this one is forged.
lolno. Some people got lucky, a lot of people don't shoot their guns much. Many many others got bullshit like pic related
B U Y A W A S R.

Attached: PSAK.jpg (640x1138, 37K)

Has anyone ever gelcoated ak furniture? How did it look?

If you all pitch in and buy me the ammo i'll dump however much you want through it.

Attached: anti-jewish-propaganda-256x300.gif (256x300, 17K)

>t. poolymer jewlover

W A S R

>only 0.5-1.0lbs heavier than most AKMs
>whilst having a milled receiver

I sent the seller of the Tigr Dragunov from the files the money. Hopefully he honors his word LOLL

I honestly like it. Thought about going with the TDI handgaurd too, but went with zenit since I like the look more. You using an adapter for muzzle device or built with 74 FSB?

Hey guys, does rusweapons have sales often? I REALLY want to get a parts kit but have money tied up for a month with another project.

Has anyone shot a Dragunov or SVD? 182gr PPU FMJs should be fine yeah?

Attached: IMG_2379.jpg (600x800, 140K)

and I've heard military 7.62x54r rifles have issues with soft points, can anyone verify?

>tfw the only combloc gun I've ever spotted at any WA range was an NDM86

I have a underfolder wasr and a draco and prefer my draco

>tigr
>military

These caps from Russia are cheaply made. No sweatband.

Attached: 68208664-4704-4B6E-9D29-CBC0F550A81F.jpg (3777x1809, 1.46M)

I've always heard to only shoot light ball out of it because heavier stuff can damage it. But it was just hear say, I don't remember what they said would get damaged, and I myself don't have any hands on experience with one. So take it with a grain of salt.

i want the ishvesk one, how much did it run you ?

Where do I get that stock? The wood with the divot in it. It's sexy as fuck, but all I ever see are the plastic ones that are like that.

$23 a piece from dodgers_ru on ebay

Man I can see how cheap they are just in that pic

the bcg is machined differerently, no adjustable gas block, plus other relatively minor things, but none of these things should impact effectiveness of soft points in tigr vs svd. you're missing my point.

I didnt have a serious answer

Attached: Shrug_Meme.jpg (640x478, 20K)

I was told the stock and upper handguard are Russian surplus. It came on a Romy G rifle that I bought second hand, so I can’t tell you where it originally came from. There are some sellers on Gunbroker that have Russian furniture sets for sale.

AK74 Stocks are cut like that.

It’s an adapter from ak-builder.
> ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30068

The only downside of the TDi handguard is it dents/scratches easier than the Zenitco furniture cuz it’s aluminum. Basically a trade off between durability and weight.

Attached: image.jpg (1200x1600, 1.42M)

That's an AK74 stock.

Apex has Bulgarian 74 furniture sets for like $40

Zenitco is aluminum dumbass

Can you all post some middle east/north african AKs? I need inspo.

Attached: 1552578888612.jpg (2842x1702, 1.52M)

fair enough. i'm just salty my dragunov has a 20'' barrel

Cool, thanks. I like the look of the 74 style, and I wanted to get a real one for my gun instead of a tapco knock off. Also, Zenit is aluminium. Not sure if they are the same kind though, I had to literally beat my b-10m into my gun, after filing it, and it didn't scratch/dent except where it was pressed up against the front trunion.

Would you guys bully me if I drilled a hole in the bottom of my hand guard for a fore grip?

Attached: image.jpg (750x1334, 1.29M)

Why do you care what the fags here think?

Because I myself would feel guilty about modified this beautiful Bakelite.

Yes don't do it Bubba
Nigger

I mean it would be a waste of a bakelite handguard

Yes. get some fucked up surp wood if you have to screw around.

Then why consider doing it...?

should i add a svd-s stock to the Tigr given the 20" barrel?
russiansurplus.net/product_p/ak-svds-stock.htm
out of stock but lmao @ $450

Attached: asdasdasdfdd.jpg (562x422, 29K)

I want a foregrip and I think it might look nice, but sacrilege.

Attached: foregrip idea.jpg (945x549, 89K)

How does the retaining pin hold the brake in with the adapter?

car goals

Need some input guys. Does this US made bulgy 4 piece increase back pressure, accelerating wear, or not? I really like the look and want to put one on my wasr.

ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30405

Yes.
They send more gas down back to the piston, and project your sound and pressure wave forward, and do a decent job of hiding flash.
They make the ak run more reliably because of the whole more gas thing.

Just sold my ar, buying an ak soon.
Prob a wasr. Any tips?

>Does this US made bulgy 4 piece increase back pressure, accelerating wear, or not?
Yes. They were originally designed to kick up enough backpressure to ensure short-barreled AKs would cycle reliably in full-auto and to hide the massive flash they produce.
>I really like the look and want to put one on my wasr.
You do you. Just be aware that it's absolutely gonna increase recoil and overgas your WASR, making it run harder than it should. Your WASR ALSO doesn't have the kind of flash that would necessitate this style of flash hider. It might look cool but putting it on a properly-gassed full-size AK is gonna be basically nothing but detrimental from a performance perspective.

Google "how to inspect an AK"

If you get a WASR (you should get a WASR), budget a new set of furniture because the stuff that comes on the gun is absolute trash

not to mention the extra weight on a longer barrel won't feel good off-hand