So, how do you survive through or stop mass shooting?

i'm aware that bare fist won't enough, although i'm used to practiced muay thai for at least one year. there's a foldable baton and swiss knife that i could buy in online store, but considering the attacker are armed with full/semi-auto firearms.

Attached: Aomine.Daiki.600.1566477.jpg (400x600, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nk5DcZ-rDNI
memepoliceman.com/list-of-mass-shootings-stopped-by-armed-civilians/
blog.timesunion.com/lawrencewhite/another-shooter-stopped-by-unarmed-citizens/1789/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Put up any sort of resistance.
Most of these guys are cowards, hence why they surrender or kill themselves.

>any sort of resistance

he still has a fucking gun. unless you have a gun yourself or stand behind him without him noticing, just fucking run. i'm also sure most mass shooters would fold in pretty quick when someone's shooting back tho, the columbine guys offed themselves pretty quick after police arrived.

that NZ guy even called his massacre a "firefight" afterwards, like he was in an actual fight and is a fighter now. if you're attacking someone who's unable to defend himself it's not a fucking fight, it's an attack.

Yell, "POLICE, GET DOWN!" with an authoritative voice.

get a gun faggot

level the playing field

>he still has a fucking gun
What's you point? Would you rather stand there and die? Lay motionless on the floor and pretend to be dead? Hope the attacker(s) gloss over you?
Have you transitioned to a gaping hole in between your legs yet?

i understand your savior fantasies, you're still talking bullshit.

>yeah i'd totally fight back what are you a woman

sure man.

Sometimes pretending to be dead can work. Especially in a gigantic pile of, shot up bodies.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nk5DcZ-rDNI

>savior fantasies, you're still talking bullshit
What option do you realistically have? It's HIGHLY probable you're going to die or be severely debilitated for the rest of your life, in that situation anyways. The choice isn't a difficult one.

Everybody needs to have the balls to retaliate

There's no guaranteed survival method, but a surefire way to die is to sit there and do nothing like a lot of those people did. If there had been two or three of them who tried to tackle the guy instead of one it may well have worked. The thing is no matter what you do your odds are grim, but if you sit there and do nothing then you're fucked for sure.

Sometimes, but this guy went back dumped a few magazines into the pile to finish them off. He never opened any doors though.

Yeah but that seems more like a fluke. It was almost like he kept remembering that he was going to torch the place but then forgot what he was doing before getting the gas cans, then going back and just shooting some more.

>Rush while back is turned
>Stab with pocket daily carry knife
???
>Profit

Yep. The one tackler almost had him. Could have saved a bunch of lives if there had been two.

Get a gun too, there was another guy who attempted to shoot up another mosque, got chased away my local muslim with a gun

Attached: asd.jpg (847x851, 172K)

well right now of course i say i'd fight back. i've been shot at before, but i was never in any kind of similar situation at home in the west. i have no idea how i'd react, but judging from the fact that there's no story of anyone who ever stopped a mass shooter, except those burgers on the train in france which was a pretty special situation, i'm pretty sure i'd just do what everyone else does. seek cover or better, run and make sure you're not in line of fire while running. or, not realizing what the fuck is happening and getting shot, like many people in the video.

also, if you watch the video, there's that guy who launches at the shooter. not sure if he tried to tackle him or just wanted to run tho, either way, he's dead now.

Your life, your responsibility.

He wasnt trying to tackle him he was trying to run out the door

The guy was clearly trying to run away. But yeah, if he wasnt, could have ended there

Is that the one that waited until they started to drive away to shoot back?

Attached: 3de8e1f1dd21d235db40b2592a2a445caf11c85f7ab51ded01dc7bdd7edfd267.jpg (249x250, 4K)

I hate this response. I hate it because even if your heart is destroyed you still have several seconds of concerted movement. Your muscles and brain have oxygen right now. You're dead but your body doesn't know it yet. If you had a knife you could take him to hell with you.

With this "oh only edgelords who need a giant tragedy to make something of their shitty lives would consider fighting back" you turn it into a tragedy of the commons. Even if I gave you a full auto AR with a 100 round drum, an angry mob of 60 people vs you would end with you dead. Instead of this everyone thinks "I'll save myself" and that mob of 60 winds up dead.

Do I actually know what will happen if the chips are down? No. No one does. But I don't inculcate cowardice in myself like you.

I think he avoided the small side rooms on purpose knowing there he could be easily tackled, especially after the corridor incident with the tackler.

He knocked the shooter down. I don't think it was clear he was running away.

The surprise factor has got to mean something. Sometimes you just freeze and can't help it. The shooter also had a strobe attached to his rifle to disorient people.

>strobe
>in daylight

Inside a building. With a powerful enough strobe simply looking in the direction of the attacker would he enough to throw you off in daylight.

seewell i carry a knife, and if i was allowed i'd carry a gun, but i'm still pretty sure in the reality of a mass shooting i'd do what everyone else does. well, unless i had a gun. or was behind the shooter without him noticing. anything else is just savior fantasies and bullshit badass talk.

like i posted, reality of past incident shows that humans behave a certain way when shot at in everyday situations. and that way is not evolving a collective hivemind and attacking the shooter all at once. so why assume i'd act different? do you think you're that more badass than literally everyone around at past incidents?

this. mass shooters don't prepare for a fight, they prepare to hunt down people who can't defend themselves. his accomplices gave up and were arrested when the guy with the shotgun started shooting back. media should mention that more often.

>i'm still pretty sure in the reality of a mass shooting i'd do what everyone else does

And by constantly thinking this you guarantee that. The stories we tell ourselves matter. You tell yourself
>I'm a coward, I'll do what the herd does
And you tell everyone else
>you're a coward like me
>anybody who tries to not be a coward is just an edgelord keyboard commando
You make a bad situation worse.

Return fire. Failing that any form of armed resistance, especially if you can form a group to attack the shooter.

Attached: Screenshot_20190315-075755.png (720x1280, 144K)

>And by constantly thinking this you guarantee that

dude what's your point, i don't ever think about my behaviour in a possible mass shooting. literally the first time i thought about this since the last thread like this was this thread.

and it has nothing to do with being a coward, it's fucking natural. have you ever been shot at? i've been in firefights, it takes a while to get used to being shot at. it's nothing but natural to shit your pants the first times you're getting shot at. hell, the first time i actually saw combat it felt like literally everyone was aiming for me. what's your combat/mass shooting record?

Look Dude I don't know you. I don't know if you've actually been shot at. You might be a motherfucking medal of honor winner. I know I haven't. But I don't sandbag myself saying "Well I guess I'll just let all these other people die. I'll just do what the herd does". That is practicing cowardice. And there are published combat vets who agree with me.

i don't sandbag myself dude, i literally said that i don't know how i'd react. maybe i'd suddenly feel the need to jump up and fight, maybe i wouldn't, who knows. i don't. that's why i said i'd probably do what everyone in history did when a mass shooting happened. PROBABLY. i never said i'd just do what the herd does.

and aside from that, mass shooters, like this incident proved, look for easy targets. targets that don't expect anything bad to happen, to slaughter them. who won't even really notice what the fuck is going on when there's shots and screams in the next room and just be surprised, like the guys in the video. because they'd never expect anything like that to happen, and it's over too fast before they get control over their instincts. if you have never been shot at, i can guarantee you 100%, if you would have been in that prayer room expecting to pray for friday, and the guy walks up and shoots someone in the hallway, your first reaction wouldn't be "EXECUTE RESISTANCE SAVIOR PLAN A", your reaction would be "holy shit what's happening who is shooting what was that oh shit i'm dead"

Step 1: Return Fire
(Step 0: have a gun -- this goes without saying, right? You're not some sheepshagging kiwi who doesn't carry a gun, are you?)

>, i literally said that i don't know how i'd react
And so did I.

I see harm in telling everyone that fighting back is an impossibility or so remote it's not worth thinking about. Whether I'm really a coward I don't know. I do hope that I won't just wait with my wife and children to die and instead I'll try to buy them escape. And so I won't be practicing your mental cowardice, thank you very much.

shoot back dumbass

>implying i'm a burger
i wouldn't make this thread in a first place if i already own a gun.
the gun law in my place is super-strict. i mean, literally as strict as only limit you to carry small ass pistol after lots and lots of test, paperworks, and shit like that.

seems like the only reasonable choice for me is own a folding baton and resist

see

Don't cower in a corner.
Seems like the ones that got away were the ones that vacated the premises immediately.
Also, try to bring some corners between you and the shooter.

Got my ccw and a GSW trauma kit on my bag I take everywhere. Not playing hero, just running like a bitch I am

>get shot multiple times anyway because the shooter is checking his surroundings minimally

He was rushed once from the front. He's fucked from behind.

Don't fight back. Once a mass shooter sees a bunch of unarmed civilians, he will turn himself in. It's human nature

i don't know if a mass shooting without resistance would be the same, but i know that in an actual firefight you develop a tight tunnel view pretty fast. creeping up from behind is easy when someone has one.

Watch the video, guy ventilated a pile of bodies to double check

One guy was brave enough to rush that kiwi psycho and was almost able to get ahold of him. If that guy had just a little bit of help they could have subdued him, but people were too busy being cowards and accepting their deaths.

>there's no story of anyone who ever stopped a mass shooter

You're a fucking retard, and you're on the wrong board

Why are you third worlders so retarded? We've had plenty of mass shootings stopped before because of peope with a gun.

like, which? when did a victim stop a mass shooter?

do the tests and paperworks and get a gun, then

thatsthejoke.autist

to me it looked like he was mostly shooting people still moving or moaning.

memepoliceman.com/list-of-mass-shootings-stopped-by-armed-civilians/
Literally fucking Google it.

i wasn't talking about people shooting mass shooters u idiot, i was talking about anyone or anything else stopping one. ofc a guy with a gun can stop a mass shooter, the discussion was about the situation of not having a firearm yourself

blog.timesunion.com/lawrencewhite/another-shooter-stopped-by-unarmed-citizens/1789/
Literally fucking Google it.
It's full of horseshit like "Almost all mass shootings have either been stopped when trained security or police step-in or by unarmed citizens" but the events did happen.

i can't access their blog, it's banned for foreigners. copy the text please.

i also did some googling, and just read that in almost every case of an unarmed civilian stopping a shooter it was before or right at the beginning of the shooting, so basically before it even became one. has anybody unarmed every stopped an ongoing incident? has any mass shooter ever been attacked and overpowered by people, in an ongoing shooting?

Jesus. How the hell did you even get to Jow Forums? Use Tor, stupid.

You should put yourself in their place, you can't think right in an atmosphete of loud gunshots, screams and blood. Especially if you are an untrained civilian who came to spend some quiet time in the mosque until suddenly shit hits the fan

use your lamborfeeties and run the fuck away duh

>obviously hasnt seen the video because the guy that tried it got annihilated
>if he was in that situation he would tuck tail and run like a pussy
stop spouting nonsense you dont even believe in faggot

many people on here are uncapable of that. they just think "lol what a cowad id totally fight back and jump that motherfucker"

The only way to survive a gun attack is to be very close or very far away from the one who is shooting, if you can run to a place where the shooter won't go or where you can't breakthe line of vision use that if you can get close inoff to atack him with a knife then use that.

Survival isn't necessarily a belief, it's an instinct first. Cushy modern life has made you forget.

A good amount of us would. Empathy for their mindset does not preclude pity at or derision for their cowardice.

He was trying to run away not to attack the gunman

>Jow Forumsiamverybadass

you faggot have no fucking idea, just stfu and stop disgracing people who were shot in a mass shooting because you're convinced you're so much tougher than anyone

I don't buy it, considering there were exits in the opposite direction. He tried to be a hero but wasn't quick or smart enough. Tarrant probably realizes how lucky he was that he reacted in time. Going to the ground grappled would have significantly hindered his advantage, and a man hyped up on adrenaline can easily smash your skull open if you're lying on your back like a turtle.

I am. There isn't pride in that, nor is there shame. It just is. It's how I am, and I'm not unique. I'm sorry you aren't the same way. I wish more people were.

>have 10 or so ballistic shields
>men form a protective wall to shield all people
>if shooter tries to get around it you rush him, knock him over and kick him dead in the head

Attached: ladder-shield-mars-armor.jpg (675x380, 31K)

Right. The shooter even dropped the mag on the floor and had to retreat to entrance for reload. And the runner caught him off guard when shooter looked other direction. It comforts me a little, that at least one of these poor sods had some courage.

That's what it looks like because he obviously was a failure.
Have you forgotten or do you not know how inept and retarded most people are? Especially in combative situations?

Without knowing you, no, you're probably not. You might wear tactical hats and wear your 5.11 to Walmart, but that doesn't make you tough. Most people talking like you mostly do exactly that, talking.

Without knowing me, you seem awfully inclined to pass judgement. Almost as though you feel a need to belittle others to comfort yourself.

Not by bumrushing a chad with a rifle. Only thing that’ll accomplish is get you a quick lesson in how reality works via a muzzle thump and triple tap.

Lmao pic related

Attached: DD716073-7249-422E-B909-FFCCF775EAEE.png (1024x682, 463K)

I'm just saying that people who say shit like "sorry but i'm really tough" mostly aren't tough.

I'm just saying that your assumption that everyone is a coward is nothing but a projection of your own cowardice.

if you are white nothing will happen to you so its gona be fine for "mass shootings" (they dont exist do) .. now terrorist atacks there you are fucked .

If more people bum rushed him they could have taken the gun from him. The one guy knocked him down, if anyone else came at the same time they could have potentially got the rifle from him.

hold on, that's a chad now?

the guy had more fotos with pussy than this fucking board thats for sure..

To be fair he was also a manlet. Otherwise he would not be knocked over.

>Bare fists won’t work
Maybe for you, faggot

Lol knocked down the shooter? No he didn’t. Have you even seen the video?

He was a world traveling personal trainer with a qt blonde gf

Run the fuck away as fast as possible, that seems like the best option.

If there is absolutely no escape then you might try to fight but unless you've got a gun your chances are very slim, and even if you got one you might very well end up dead if you don't catch the guy off guard.

That one dude who tried to rush him go fucking close. Had there been one or two more guys at that time, they'd likely have caught him. Yeah one would have gotten shot anyway, but as it happened they all died huddled in the corners anyway. Not that i can reallyfault them, hard to organize a defence in those conditions, shit went so fast even the shooter seemed disoriented.

Agreed. If it happens when you're unaware, if its the first time it ever happens to you. People go into shock, they literally freeze. Imagine your brain 404ing for a few seconds. Those seconds can mean life and death.

But user, this was a terrorist attack

>complying with laws that infringe on your rights

>reddit link

Jesus Christ, literally not even him, but fuck off

>that's the joke

And that guy almost stopped him retard.
All it took was another guy to charge as well... huddling up in a corner is the easiest way to get killed. If shooter finds you, you fight

Dude, no it wasn't, don't try to save face. You were doing that thing that redditors do where they read something We Wuz Navy Seal tier, and then reply with "Jow Forumsiamverybadass".

That's so gay, dude.

No one said bravery is easy.

>flailed about impotently and died like a bitch
>almost stopped him

you are confused the terrorists were the guys that got shot

He got shot at during the 2nd attack and chickend out.

Carry weapons, eye ways to exit any area you enter, hide under bodies.

You could believe the moralfag answer here, and confront them and call their penis small and ask for the gun but that doesn't always work. People that have fullheartedly resigned to do this shit have a determined mission to kill everyone they can, and while some are pathetic autists you could could lay out with one punch they are armed and clearly determined to actually use their guns and risk their lives. You aren't going to charge a fucker from ten yards away and punch him and become a hero, they're more likely to see movement and specifically target you whether you're attacking or running away. Your only real choice is to hold up behind corners and doors to ambush them at ranges where they can't use their gun, use your own gun when you see an opportunity, hide in an area you hope they won't check, or escape. Safest option being running away when you see an opportunity.