Total newfag to Jow Forums here, what do you guys think about electronically controlled firearms...

Total newfag to Jow Forums here, what do you guys think about electronically controlled firearms? I've kinda fallen in love with the concept.

Attached: IMG_4565.jpg (650x433, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ctmuzzleloaders.com/ctml_experiments.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Never gonna happen in the US because its a MUH MACHINE GUN

I think they're the definition of uber cool. Seeing them used by rebel forces, all niggerrigged together, is just fuckin surreal. What was once total sci-fi comic book material is now available to goat farmers with a little help from a cell phone worker

I think it's unnecessary.

Yeah, I do kinda lament that they'll forever be military hardware. That's probably why nobody really develops them, since they can't fall back on the civilian market if they fail to land a military contract.

But aftermarket electronic triggers absolutely exist, and do so with the blessing of the ATF.

Its fucking stupid, for stupid people, in a stupid generation

>lets just add electromics to our guns!
>makes them more unreliable, you need to charge them, and its an extra hunderance you must worry about, especially if it rains!

Fuck this retarded integration of everything with computers.

I think on their own it's unnecessary, but I think put together with caseless ammunition in a bullpup it provides the most mechanically simple platform you could ask for.

Holy shit a real clueless boomer

What is the benefit of an electronically controlled semi auto gun?

I like them from my paintball days, kind of surprised they aren't more common especially for the enthusiast and competition market.

Easily customizable trigger pull.
Best benefit would be to target shooters and bull pup designs which usually suffer from poor trigger pulls.

No you're just a fucking underage cunt

Why do you think electronics are from this generation? Who even mentioned computers?

Did you skip your midday nap today, grandpa?

?

Attached: m700 etronx.jpg (1200x520, 74K)

holy shit real idiotic zoomer

there's no risk of accidental machine-gun conversion just from being electrically fired, itself. there have been plenty of electrically fired guns made and sold.

based boomer retard. it's not just for it's own sake, it's about eliminating the need for primers in caseless ammunition (or minimizing them down to just a bit of resistive material) and about general safety and performance benefits. it's an essential safety feature for any high-speed externally-driven firearm (eg. miniguns), which small arms should move towards eventually.

ctmuzzleloaders.com/ctml_experiments.html
must-read for you. weapon-side ignition (presumably electric) is absolutely an important element of future caseless weapons. everything old is new again!

Attached: smokelesselectricpistol.png (1920x1080, 2.65M)

>there's no risk of accidental machine-gun conversion just from being electrically fired, itself. there have been plenty of electrically fired guns made and sold.
True, I meant that designs that really capitalize on it are gonna be military only.

CVA Electra muzzleloader, as well.

>True, I meant that designs that really capitalize on it are gonna be military only.
there is no reason for it to be such. caseless ammunition isn't illegal at all, if anything could be far less restricted (AFAIK not legally tested yet, but in general separately loaded propellant and projectile = 'antique' non-firearm).

Attached: cva-s-electra-ignition-system.jpg (831x617, 70K)

I remember when those came out in the late 80's?

You like hangfire?

I thought electronic guns have almost zero lock time?

yeah he's confused

Attached: plink_king_rifle_entire_labeled.jpg (1920x1080, 377K)