How hard will it be for people to manufacture firearms after they are inevitably banned in the US...

How hard will it be for people to manufacture firearms after they are inevitably banned in the US? Are there any resources available for those wanting to manufacture their own firearms?

Attached: 56846795622222-2.jpg (1052x790, 328K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/foe9jU7MwiE
youtube.com/watch?v=qbyBHfqyQZA
youtube.com/watch?v=BTojV_NqWCA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>inevitably banned
I am going to stop you right there

>How hard will it be for people to manufacture firearms after they are inevitably banned in the US?
incredibly cause amercans are fucking retarded and require tech to do anything. everyone just wants to push 1 button receive product.
idiots will be running around with 3d printed guns. that destroy themselves in 10 shots. all the old people who understand manufacturing are old.
all the correct tools are easily available in america but nobody knows how to use them and will go for the most complicated method because its the most advanced.

firearms will never be banned or taken away but the people promoting it will be.

Attached: 1290526167498.jpg (650x644, 190K)

>How hard will it be for people to manufacture firearms after they are inevitably banned in the US?
When that day comes, not hard at all

Attached: ct-cody-wilson-3d-gun-sex-assault-charges-20190104.jpg (1920x1080, 325K)

You are unique. Not everyone is as useless as you. Many others exist and have the ability to use tools. I enjoy making guns. I use tools to make guns. I am not as unique as you. Others share my hobby. I guess we don't hang out wherever a useless person like yourself might hang out because you've never met any of us. Probably for the best, I can't imagine any conversation I could have with you that might be interesting to me.

You're projecting.

You literally just have to not be retarded to make a gun. I made a shitty shotgun when I was 15.

A few CNC machines and a 3D printer can make you 95% of the complex parts of a firearm. YouTube that shit, trial and error, and voila, guns.

Just stop

Retards like you are getting guns banned everywhere on earth.

>Better not use the first amendment or you might possibly have the second amendment taken away.
Freedom of speech doesn't exist to protect polite and enjoyable conversation.

Nobody here has the knowledge necessary to manufacture AR-15s, that's for sure

Jow Forums would have better luck making AKs, because setting up traditional machine tooling would be a lot more doable

you say that but then youve got who think yeah just use 3d printing and a few cnc machines to make guns. like people causally own cncs. if a dude has a cnc he has something to lose like a business or a house to store the thing in. he has marketable skills and doesnt have to resort to a life of crime. he wont jeopardize his freedom to make some gun he cant take outside or use ever. unless it becomes insanely profitable to produce and sell illegal guns which it wont. not in america at least for a 100 years since there are so many of the things lying around.

>Nobody here has the knowledge necessary to manufacture AR-15s, that's for sure
Maybe you don't. First one was made in hollywood, california in a small machine shop. Making a barrel and setting a barrel extension is difficult. The rest is just competent machining.
>who think yeah just use 3d printing and a few cnc machines to make guns.
That's why I have a cnc machine, silly. I like making guns. Stop being useless and learn to actually do stuff.

>i have no idea what im talking about and dont know jack shit about either the ar or ak
the post

Guns will never truly be "banned". There would be a literal war of our own government coming to disarm the public. A civil war with casualties no one has ever dreamed of. Death toll would make communist regimes take a step back all in the span of a few years. You'd have people who have been sitting on surplus gear selling to others. You'd have literal, actual gun smiths offering their services. And even if the ONLY gun the common man is capable of making is a fucking 12 gauge bang stick, that can still kill/wound someone else effectively enough to take their better weapon. I.e. the French way of doing things.

People throw around the idea of guns being entirely banned in the US lightly as if there isn't a wall of death behind it. And this isn't even a HURR DURR COLD DEAD FINGERS MR CIA MAN. OO RAH. This is just cold, calculated fact. And all of this is of course, entirely centered around Cops and military being willing to go against their own people like that. I've talked to active police officers in my dirt hole liberal state and even THEY say that if the order to search and seize any weapons of common law abiding citizens came down the pipe, it'd be a career ender for them. Whether through their resigning, or their dying.

Attached: 1552519871663.jpg (640x619, 42K)

Check physibles category of the pirate bay

Oh you are one of those ignorant types. Let me drop a truth bomb on you. Kids are making YouTube videos about making slam fire shotguns on YouTube before they are old enough to buy them.
Of course it isn't a ludy smg, but it is effective.

Attached: 08201971a40643e50c2c36e814943c2c--diy-guns-weapons-shotgun-shells.jpg (480x360, 46K)

oh yes the few guys on youtube and the other user who owns a cnc are the average american. every american is like them. sure

Yeah Americans are so lazy and stupid that they could never figure out how to do what an illiterate Filipino addicted to chinese meth can do.

Attached: 2012-07-29T035056Z_1_CDEE86S0AP600_RTROPTP_2_PHILIPPINES-GUNS.JPG.jpg (450x300, 34K)

youtu.be/foe9jU7MwiE

>inevitably
Defeatist cucklord.

are you retarded?
you literary don't need to cnc anything to make a slamfire shotgun. it's just one pipe with the shell slammed into a bigger pipe with a nail inside at the end.

>I don’t know anything about manufacturing firearms the post.
ARs are way easier to produce than AKs. With ARs it’s just using a mill on a block of aluminum and bam you got yourself a receiver set. With AKs you have to press the steel sheet into the proper shape, spot weld interior rails into the receiver. Then use a 12-ton press to properly rivet your front and rear trunnions.

I wonder how many of these "based doomer blackpill" posters are disinfo agents from some freedom hating shithole like Russia or China

there are more guns in the USA than there are people
you won't need to

This.

Not hard at all. Anyone currently involved in drugs, prostitution, or any other illegal activity will have ready access to garage built SMGs.

the luty won't be that hard to make obviously
but in the meantime Uzi parts kit's are fairly easy to build as long as you have a welder and the rest of the parts to go along with it
You can ban a "gun" being the receiver but everything else is just a part and doesn't apply

It's easy as fuck to build basic firearms but what you really want is the cartidges.

>projection: now in 4K!
Just because you're a lazy faggot, doesnt mean others are.

only in the US, countries with lack of money and/or infrastructure is precisely why the AR-18 was developed

of course all that ended up being moot because the US Gov just gave out surplus M16s after a point

If we're talking about the average guy making one out of hand tools, the closest thing would probably the Improvised Munitions Handbook. But that's more single shots and smoothbores.

For repeating guns, the closest thing would be the early bolt actions (Remington-Keene, Lebels, etc) and break open guns (Kata pistols).

Semi autos would pretty much be limited to pistol caliber PDWs and Closed bolt stuff, maybe someting up to 30 Carbine or 8mm Kurz if you're skilled enough. But I think that would require more intermediate skilled tools and an actual workshop.

Attached: 1492647881391.jpg (3008x2000, 1.9M)

Not him, but this is why I hate ARs. No creativity, and everyone goes into commercial stagnation. From what I've seen the easiest practical thing to put together would be an Orion's Hammer tier (Blowback) AK carbine in 22 TCM or 5.7

youtube.com/watch?v=qbyBHfqyQZA

French here. A lot of the stuff we used to be able to own has been banned. But guess what? A lot of people never bothered to get rid of their now illeal guns and still own them.
What I mean is we have far less guns and gun owners than you and we don't have a culture of non compliance, and yet the government didn't try to go on a confiscation spree.

You guys are sittings on litteral millions of guns. Confiscating everything is impossible, even if no one fights back. You just can't get them all. So don't worry, you won't have to go as far as crafting your own.

I honestly hate AR fags. I can get a BCM rifle for ~$1200 and it will keep pace with the Gucci AR that is priced at $3000 MSRP due to some cuts to the reciever and being made out of a different Aluminum. And yet AR Fags will always say that their $3000 AR was worth every penny.

Danao Backyard Adventure and STFO of here u flip monkey

The worst part is the arrogance. A lot of them don't understand that the world doesn't revolve around them, but they still say fuddlore bullshit like

>stop being poor
>that's capitalism br0
>just buy another one br0
>you should have just bought one sooner (after buying up all the surplus and repro A2 uppers)
>hurr durr commiefag
>my rights are more important than yours

I'm not a communist, but now I understand why it even existed to begin with.

Attached: colt-explode.jpg (999x768, 284K)

>cant afford a 500 dollar entry level AR
>mad that """ AR fags"""" are buying up all the 3,000 dollar AR's
Real brainlet hours.

>$3k ARs = surplus
This just proves my point, Couch

Attached: 635863209017382170-1221.jpg (534x401, 25K)

The better question would be, how do you manufacture modern ammo?
Can reloading materials be manufactured from non-regulated substances?

Not too difficult, actually. It's kind of like using hand tools and problem solving, instead of having a press do it all for you. The first metal cartridges were actually just musket balls against a percussion cap anyway. But for reloading by hand, it kind of limits you to shotgun shells and straight walled casings. Making bottleneck brass is a bit more technical, and might require some extra skills in metalworking.

And I've also heard of impro-gunsmiths using tubing from other metals for improvised shotgun shells (galvanized pipe, aluminum, etc)

Attached: bb caps.jpg (400x285, 44K)

>first amendment
>freedom of speech

that only applies to govt to prevent censorship of govt criticism

your peers are well within their rights to form their own opinions of you based on your speech and/or shun you for it

GhostGunner CNC's are a good start, taking an 80% and finishing it is alright, but the end goal would be to do the same out of a solid block of whatever.
Barrels are a different story, but I'm sure someone could build a barrelbot.
Fuck, even if someone just made a CNC that could cut out sheet metal in precise shapes so all you needed to do was CNC a jig to bend them over with, that'd be a hell of a good start.

Attached: JewsWantMyGuns.jpg (2832x3916, 1.75M)

>a few CNC machines
at minimum 30k each? lmao I think you mean milling machines and lathes

>paints and entire nation with a broad brush

I hope you know that machine shops exist in great quantity across America and they all have the knowledge and tools to build any gun th3y can get blueprints for.

You sound like some faggot european.

You realize that those tools already exist you just have to learn to use them instead of hoping someone makes a box for you that does everything.

You seem to be confusing government disarmament with people shunning other people. Try to fix this.

>milling machines and lathes
add computer numerical control and what do you have?

I know they exist, but they're not Murrican "3D Print a gun plz" friendly

People will just end up making mutant 1911's or revolvers that shoot different hand gun calibers or lever or bolt action rifles and the infamous shovel ak. That's as advanced gun tech will go in terms of normal people making a gun will go the way I see it oh and ATF will be shooting more doggos in no time

Attached: Screenshot_20190312-181851__01.jpg (1080x667, 142K)

never be a full ban, faggot

Attached: 1548819925509.jpg (1024x758, 126K)

As wrong as this idiot is, I do fear for the future. When I was in school we used to machine bowls and bong parts out of aluminum is shop class. (For tobacco ;)

I found out from my kid the other day that the middle school doesn’t have industrial arts class anymore.
Where will the kids of today make unique metal objects?

butthurt ikea shopper? couldn't put that gay spice rack together? you a nigger who never had a daddy to show you how to use a wrench? it a yes on all three, we can tell from your nigger post.

Attached: knockknock.jpg (740x627, 38K)

That’s why I don’t buy ARs. I build them from parts I pic up at shows.
My cheapest AR is just under 200.

> he wont jeopardize his freedom to make some gun
you're new here, right? faggots , you can just tell.....

Attached: 1548481373552.jpg (692x692, 66K)

>tfw have a bunch of land in rural area
>tfw buy stuff from government auctions and sales
>mfw have outdated but still useful CNC equipment from local college I got for pennies on dollar because no one wanted to transport it and it's slightly outdated compared to the new stuff

Getting metal would be the hardest part but not very hard to do in America. Have plenty of ammo stashed around. I estimate with my old equipment I could produce at least a handful of guns daily.

>Take two tools that cost maybe a thousand dollars total
>Add 15 thousand on the low end for a cnc large enough to mill out rifle parts

I have a lathes. One for wood and one for metal. Plus a bunch of other wood shop equipment.
My friend has a Bridgeport vertical mill.
Between the two of us we could manufacture all kinds of cool stuff.

I used to work as a cnc machinist making gun parts. It is amazing the amount of operations a specific gun part goes through and how many hands touch that particular part start to finish. I've known hundreds of people between the two shops I've worked in who could make some sort of rudimentary firearm if given access to the proper machinery. If you get any half decent machinist and set them up with a 50+ year old manual mill and a lathe they can make you all kinds of guns. When it comes down to it anybody with half a brain could make a simple shotgun out of pipes, no machining required. All of this is moot because cumulatively we have about half of the civilian owned guns in the world floating around from sea to shining sea. Good luck banning those. It will be hard to put the cat back in the bag when it is ready to shoot you in the face.

But user, we are that stupid and lazy.
Also, those filipinos need to make guns or they're gonna starve or not have enough money for meth.

Anyone ever make a luty or are those illegal in the usa?

>disinfo agents from some freedom hating shithole like Shareblue or Everytown

Ftfy

IIRC they're only illegal to sell, not own. If you've made one, you should post it as well as your name, address, and social security number

I don't live in the USA.

Was just curious

Machinists at Harland and Wolff made at least 150 SMGs in 9mm and .22lr for Loyalist paramilitaries.

You don't need to manufacture that many. What you need is a relatively good product made by people who know what they're doing. Even if it gets used once or twice to effect that's worth it.

It'd be very illegal to do it in the US. Federal prison time.

In fact I don't know of a single place where it would be legal.

I do it in pakistan

>large enough to mill out rifle parts
Do you mean powerful enough? A mill table too small to make ar parts is pretty rare. A cnc lathe big enough to bore out a rifle length barrel can be costly but still half of that earlier $30k per machine "estimate". Trim that cost to a third if you don't mind manually operating the gear ratios. Hell, you could have a pretty nice cnc gun workshop "for the price of just one machine".

Uganda's pretty cool with it. Well, that and voodoo.

>inevitably banned in the US?
there won't be a US if that happened

This.

Banning guns will result in a civil war. The outcome of such? up for debate. But it will start a war if it happens.

Only if it’s “full auto”. You could legally make a “semi auto” “pistol” that could with some difficulty be converted to “full auto”. “ “ “ “.

things like the Ghost Gunner or desktop CNCs aren't really aimed at actual machinists(who would probably buy much better full sized second hand manual machines for less money) it is aimed at people like:

youtube.com/watch?v=BTojV_NqWCA

who don't understand how a morse taper works and cut themselves with butter knives.

Attached: precision milling.jpg (1200x900, 174K)

Machinist here. Send me the prints, I make the gun. Simple as that
/thread

Yeah, but where would you find those prints? To produce from them is one thing, to produce the prints themselves is another.

Attached: 1551843860981.png (554x469, 593K)

Incredibly large amount of prints out there already.
USMilitary TDPs are available through the FOI system.

Talking about rifles/smgs
only hard part is rifled barrel for more powerful ammo. 3D printed parts are not reliable ofc but they work.

Fully functional handguns are ez pz.

Attached: 3d-printed-gun.jpg (638x371, 89K)

no need. US has 500 million guns

With what I'm working on right now, it might be incredibly easy if I ever get around to finishing it

But someone else out there is just as likely to do something similar if firearms were to be banned

And just what is this magical project?
>A set of tooling that will let you manufacture a pump action shotgun with nothing more than a 200 dollar harbor freight welder, and a 200-300 dollar drill press
>everything is made from mild carbon steel for weldability
>You use welding jigs to assemble the various parts, simple entire length welds you can grind clean
>Bolt is just a solid chunk of steel basically
>Hammer fired for ease of manufacturing
>Box mag for ease of manufacturer

I'm stuck on the fucking firing pin and extractor, as well as the barrel

I think the easiest way to solve it is just use a grade 8 bolt but I need to do the math and CAD

Barrel is just some pipe welded together with a sleeve for the rim/gas block. I'm a bitch and I'm lazy so you weld it in as well for now, but im also considering something of a screw and pin system, or a press fit design like on an AK

Otherwise, all you really need is a grinder and files. Unfortunately everything needs to be fitted, and it's not like you can make your own springs. But a couple hundred in tools, some bar stock and sheet, and if you can use the provided tooling without being an idiot, you could reasonably build yourself a shotgun in maybe a week

If the gun grabbers were smart, they would do their best to restrict ammunition availability.

Your average Bridgeport, used, but in good condition is 3-4 k

CNC controls are about 2k

The problem with Bridgeport CNCs aren't they don't machine steel well

It's that they're slower than a 10k Tormach and not as clean

>it's not like you can make your own springs

Why not?

As far as ammo is concerned, injection molded plastic casings would the solution, I bet. A projectile could be a length of copper rod, or copper or steel rod embedded in plastic and pressed into the casing. Either black powder or smokless and primers aren't unsolvable issues either.

Attached: USAC7.jpg (1000x1333, 175K)

Lets say someone wants to go with the purely manual machining route and doesn't want amateur cookbook trash that even a child soldier would scoff at

>Plans that have the dimensions for everything important
>Vertical milling machine
>Mill vise, rotary table, indexing vise
>Lathe big enough to both hold and cut the length of the barrel you want
>Decent chuck, taper cutting attachment, collets and holders
>Shop press and sheet metal brake (you'll have to buy some bulky stock and machine your own dies/stamps)
>A heat treatment oven and quenching bucket that can both fit your barrel in them
>An assortment of cutting tools to make the shapes you need, including special shit to bore a perfect chamber and cut rifling
>Tap and die set
>Expensive-ass metrology tools, including a precision-flat surface
>Lots of cutting oil, brushes, and a bunch of rags
>Woodworking tools if you're into that
>Safety glasses

and don't forget to take off your watch and tie

Also don't forget to use proper cutting speeds and feeds, measure twice, and be careful :^)

Guns are easy. Ammo is hard. Focus on how to manufacture ammo.

The Luty fires from an open bolt. You would need to redesign the entire thing fairly heavily. Open bolt firing weapons manufactured after 19XX are legally considered machine guns whether or not they're capable of automatic fire.

>A heat treatment oven and quenching bucket that can both fit your barrel in them
Why?
You don't normally heat treat barrels. Especially to the point that you need to quench them.

Depends on the project, I do know AR barrels can be cut with plain carbide pretty easily (FSP pin setting), but I'm pretty sure there's some risk involved with leaving the steel as-is when manufacturing a part that undergoes the most stress

You leave the steel as is. A hard barrel will blow up, you want them soft.
Also having trouble understanding the point of a shop press or sheet metal brake. Not really needed for a small gun making outfit. The vertical mill can also be easily replaced by the lathe and a bit of creative fixture holding.

There are more levels of hardness than just soft and hard (dickjoke lol). A heat treatment oven also anneals with slow, low heat

Press and brake are for receivers and magazines

You can't cut everything on a fucking lathe, just save up a bit more and do it right. Also, forgot to add to the list:
>means to transport literal tons of machinery
>means to maneuver them into your shop
>proper electrical service to run them

Barrels aren't that hard. I know AK barrels generally range from 20-25 HRC while the recievers are in the 50-60HRC range.

Normalized steel is used for barrels. 22-35 Rockwell C, right at the low end for barrel steel.
With thinking you can do everything on a lathe that you would on a mill.
Don't need the press or brake to make mags and receivers either.

>Video of 'building AK from scratch"
>buys lower receiver and barrel

Bullshit. You have no idea what the bill of rights actually represent do you? Those are not rights given by the government those are your natural born or God given right dumbass.
The bill of rights is not to tell YOU what you are allowed to do it is to tell all what you can never be prevented from doing.

Attached: k_calling_me_a_fed_again.png (956x706, 805K)

Lazy fucks, the whole ak plattaform has been traditionally made out of square tube and sheet metal in most of the third world, all you need is hand tools and patience, the tolerances are wide enough to deal with the imperfections of craft manufacture

The problem is the smokeless powder, and especially the primers if those disappeared from availability.