I am concerned for my safety

what is minimum caliber gun to carry for defense.
I have up to 900 dollars to spend. and another 900 for classes thanks you.

Attached: 1543704595086.jpg (1600x1235, 552K)

Shield 9mm. 3+ magazines and the rest on ammo. Take your CHP cert and they'll teach you the basics.

shot placement means more than caliber

9mm. Don't use .380ACP, that's for your girlfriend.

The Shield as very small which lends to it being snappy and low magazine capacity, great for CC in the summer though. I'd recommend the M&P9c 2.0 personally.

Fuck classes. Use 1800 to buy a CZ bren "pistol" with extra mags and ammo.

Attached: 1531590827839.jpg (630x960, 57K)

Glock 19, M&P 2.0 4” compact, CZ P07.

Spend rest on training, a GOOD belt and holster, and carry ammo.

Also forgot to mention, use Gun.Deals for the best price on the guns, you can have the M&P 2.0 or CZ easily for less than $400 or the Glock for about/under $500 depending on the generation.

Also 9mm is the main caliber you should be looking at. Effective, cheap, easy to train with.

OP, please dont listen to this man

OP, what this user said. all three of them are solid handguns, in a common enough caliber that can be used effectively for self-defense. 6mm classes from certified instructors, spend the majority of your money on range time and learning to shoot effectively.

>what is minimum caliber gun to carry for defense.

Me personally i wouldn't really want to go below 7.62x51.
But, considering how expensive tungsten carbide cored AP ammo is (none of that hardened steel nonsense) i would take a look at .338
Weirdly not that many choices on semiautos tho, and drum mags are a bitch to find, too.

OP this man thinks you're a child

general consensus is .380 and up.

Best answer is go to a big box gunstore (when it's not busy) and tell them what your budget is (I'd back off to 700 to tell them) and ask to handle as many in that price range as you can. Get the one that "feels" right. It sounds stupid but fit matters. A .45 that feels right can feel like it recoils less than a 9mm that doesn't fit well. Trust your instincts here.

General back of your head thought: The smaller and thinner it is, the worse it will feel shooting it. The tradeoff is that it will be easier to conceal.

$250 for nugget, $200 for tax stamp to obrez it. Multiply by four and wear on a bandolier under your shirt.

Exactly what this guy said. Additionally, though, keep in mind that not only will it feel worse to shoot something thin and light, you will never shoot it as well as a larger handgun. If you practice enough to get good with it, you'll still always be better off with something bigger. It's a compromise and you should carry the biggest gun you can get away with.

Budget for a holster, too. Think about how you want to carry and what features you might want because of that. I carry appendix, so I don't carry anything without a manual safety and I train to disengage the safety as part of my draw. Lots of people will disagree with that, but lots of people have also shot their dick off with a Glock.

9mm is the go to caliber right now for virtually everyone. The other common pistol calibers don't suck or anything, but they don't offer compelling advantages over 9mm with their downsides.

Attached: 1530784609427.png (1148x1194, 2.08M)

okay. so, you don't care as much about the girlfriend. that's cool

How fat is GF?
Keep her well fed to use as a mobile bullet blocker.

>you don't care as much about the girlfriend.
Of course. Have you ever gotten laid?

I just picked up a Thunder 380. With the Underwood +P you get good penetration and expansion. Just gotta be careful when you use 380 because some of the ammo just won’t do it.

Usually any XTP round will do just fine, they have the most consistent expansion and pass the fbi penetration test. hornady custom,fiocchi, precision one are some good choices for xtp in 380

If regular 9mm seems to anemic for you, 9mm P+ puts it closer up to snuff.