Will the $280 (+$50-100) rifle be ok...

will the $280 (+$50-100) rifle be ok? i know its not "just as good" as an hk or whatever but will it do me good for a first ar? i wanna get one before it gets banned and i fear i dont have much time before some shit happens. i live in a super blue state that's past due for some freedom restrictions. i am the ultimate poorfag

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-rifle-kit.html

Attached: 507617_edit_2_1.jpg (370x370, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/W7YbuK8SAfU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sage

Will it go bang? Probably. For how long? It's anybodys guess. Save your money, buy once cry once.

Rule violator

Attached: 1550348572658.gif (500x375, 618K)

>i know its not "just as good" as an hk or whatever
>not even close to a high end AR or HK

Get an M&P15 for $500.

it's milspec isn't it? if it's built to the same specifications the military uses, wouldn't that mean i'll probably be ok? granted, i know milspec is actually the bare minimum but it'll work in case of anything

something wronge ? Got a 3day ban for positing a Döner Kebab yesterday and now its over? WTF

Attached: 1552593854457.jpg (1024x887, 149K)

hence, why i said not just as good. what was the point of your comment?
how much of a difference in quality is an mp compared to a completed PSA plus anderson/aero?

They cheap out on every part so your common replacement parts/parts of failure have a lower estimated lifespan than the norm. Which is why you're getting it for the price you are.

milspec is a range of tolerances. most manufacturers are just guessing, some have better machining than others

If it's milspec, you are good to go. It will go bang.

youtu.be/W7YbuK8SAfU

Chris tanto paranto has been using the same bushmaster for a good decade now. Even through Benghazi.
The PSA kit is built better and cheaper than a 1990 bushmaster. Get a 20" with collapsible stock

Attached: BushmasterAR152.jpg (800x600, 50K)

The difference in quality is very fucking marginal. Go with PSA and use whatever money you saved on a decent Chineseum optic and spare magazines.

They're fine, but you'll be able to tell the difference from a nice AR. That's the thing I'd recommend really keeping in mind, if you want a cheap fuck around gun then buy a cheap fuck around gun, but if you want to use it seriously, it'll help to have something that feels nice and tactile, if that makes any sense. A good trigger, nice lower, good buffer system and nice furniture go a long way towards that.

PSA or PSA/Anderson lower is the most basic AR 15.
S&W MP15 is solid.
What is your budget?
I'd suggest searching for "CHF" on PSA's site. Find and buy a CHF barrel with a "Midlength" gas system from them. Go buy any completed lower to save yourself time and money so you don't have to buy essential tools to assemble the lower yourself. Even if you are a handyman and have a bench vise, you're gonna need some AR specific tools.

Dude, its a joke. Maintain her good and only go for 30rd ags

Enough of this bitch ass thread every dang day

im thinking of getting this as a backup in case any bans happen, but as i get more money ill upgrade it and maybe put an aero and some magpul furniture on there. im 18 and dont have my license yet due to complications (no im not a neet i just go to a private school) so honestly right now my money is limited to farm jobs that happen like once or twice a month. anyway, blogposting aside, i understand it wont be the best of quality but tldr i just want something to work off of before any political happenings

budget is $400 at the most

Start with a decent barrel and trigger, period
don't worry about LARP furniture, etc etc. Spend good money on a rifle gas "18 barrel w/ an $80 Hiperfire EDT trigger and start from there. That's 90% of your accuracy right there.

M&P is a basic, but solidly built AR. PSA will go bang, but expect to get what you pay for. IMO it's the hi point of ARs.

As that other user said, buy once, cry once. You're less likely to cry over a M&P than a janky PSA. Also it's an AR, so assuming you get more money before they ban your shit, you can always upgrade/replace parts.

Go ahead and get it. A cheap AR in your hands is better than an expensive AR you can't buy anymore. Be sure to buy all the other items too, mags, ammo, etc. Find some legit training videos or army field manuals and save them before they get deleted

This guy gets it.

>and trigger
Unnecessary for beginner/1st/pre-emptive build before a ban
Standard milspec trigger is fine.

Want to piss people off? Go economy on guns.
PSA rifle kit -lower : $220 (was on sale 2 days ago for 16 inch grey just wait for it again)
Anderson lower: $40 (Polymer is $20)
Taurus G2C 9mm: $200
pmags: 6x$8
Total without 5.56 and 9mm ammo: $508. Spend a little on a rear flip sight and all is well.

>Anderson $40
This user forgot transfer fee and taxes, so add about $20 at a minimum to that price
>(Polymer is $20)
DO NOT DO THIS FOR AN AR

Tbh its probably fine if the gas port is correct. Its hard to fuck up an AR unless you work for Anderson

Dooooo it. You want to, you know you need to. It is there, just waiting for your drill press.

Attached: Polytime.png (1280x793, 228K)

>polymer is bad
fudd lore

Attached: notsafe.jpg (1024x577, 57K)

Attached: fuckincrazy.jpg (640x478, 43K)

another one

Attached: PolyshitAR.jpg (640x480, 38K)

I've seen just as many examples of Glocks, Rhinos and S&W. Not to mention shotgun and rifle banana split barrels. Shit happens from time to time. Have swap out parts available as everything breaks in time. Mossberg 500 example: Safety needs to be reseated or replaced on ball. Trigger cracks and assembly needs replacement. Etc.. Know what shit your getting into and you'll be fine as long as it doesnt kill or cause too much injury in time.

Attached: Bigger is better sometimes maybe.png (982x486, 187K)

PSA makes bangin ar15 kits for the price , I just finished slapping together mine yesterday after I got the lower

Attached: 1550655630627 1476164492849.jpg (961x595, 68K)

Just buy the lower locally.

>support Nu-S&W
pass for me
Thanks

Lmao @ people saying M&P are better quality than psa

Just get a stripped lower and mags Save your money shop around for parts.

Can we please get a sticky posted that says "PSA rifles are meh but good enough to work for 90% of people"

Would save about half the threads posted on Jow Forums these days

Get a PSA. The idiots who leaked from /arg/ will tell you to drop atleast 1500 on a rifle when in reality they are probably no guns from euroland

Attached: IMG_20190314_190835.jpg (3036x4048, 3.19M)

-banned

Dude, there's an estimated 5 to 10 million ARs in the US. Id reckon to guess there's a shitton more other semiauto rifles that accept mags over 20 rounds. Banning em will be futile.

It's fine. It's not going to be as nice as something that you spend more on, but it's still going to work. Look up PSA AR torture tests on youtube. The people telling you that it'll break quickly or be a total piece of shit or whatever are accountants and programmers and other desk jockeys with too much disposable income trying to justify their purchases to themselves.

When has that ever stopped the American left from doing anything?

Yes, PSA is completely fine and everything they make is gtg. It won't be as nice or accurate as a Gucci AR but everyone telling you it's garbage either A: has no experience with psa ars or b: bought a Daniel defense on credit and is desperately insecure about justifying their purchase

Polymer isn't bad, but it's a poor choice for an AR lower material because it doesn't have good tolerances in that shape, the back ends are too narrow where it holds the buffer tube. Just buy aluminum Jesus Christ

We're talking about AR's here boi. Get your shit together.

>lower locally
Uh, you do fucking realize an FFL still charges a TRANSFER FEE and state taxes right?

Attached: 1525531342264.jpg (867x1024, 111K)

I assembled my lower with a Ka-bar and an ink pen. You don't need any tools.

How'd you put on your castle nut? Did you use that shitter ratchet PWS?

I've bought a lot of guns from a few local shops and none charge a transfer fee for buying directly from them. Only if you buy a gun from someone/somewhere else, and transfer it in through them.

Also, lots of places charge state sales tax for online purchase now. I'm in MI and almost everything I buy online now gets charged tax.

TLDR: shut up, you're retarded

>none charge a transfer fee for buying directly from them
You are a no guns.

LOL I don't know where you live, or what shitty LGS you go to. But here in MI I have never been charged a transfer fee buying a gun directly from LGS.

Just bought this 2 weeks ago. Again, no transfer fee.

Attached: 20190307_205805.jpg (1331x998, 271K)

Psst. Some shops bake that fee into their sticker prices. You're still paying the fee you just dont have it calculated at the end.

Yes, don't let the gucci faggots tell you anything else. I have a PSA rifle I built 100% from PSA parts including the lower. No issues at all.

Attached: 1466309487257.jpg (1100x700, 210K)

OK backpedal a little more why don't you. Don't be mad at me that you get ripped off by your greedy LGS.

Also, post your guns

Attached: 20190107_193829.jpg (998x1331, 501K)

Lol that's not me fuck tard. And he's right, they do charge you and you just don't fucking know it.

My bad, thought there was only one retard replying to me, now I see there are 2.

Buy a PSA complete lower but shop around for a better complete upper, like Spikes or Stag. It might be more expensive but you'll have greater peace of mind. All that really matters is the quality of the bolt, the barrel and the fit, and the trigger. PSA has been known to put out uppers with poor QC and fit, even though they'll replace it no questions asked. If you do it this way you can still make it under $500 and have something you'll feel comfortable relying on.

Find a good FFL and they charge for each instance.
Meaning, I could buy 1 firearm or 20, and my FFL will sit on them, waiting for me to come by and do the background check. So if I have 2 pistols and 1 shotgun and 1 rifle at my FFL, I just pay $25 for one pistol transfer fee and that takes care of all of the firearms. $25 pistol fee because that is the most expensive, the rifle/shotgun fee being $20. So $25 instead of $90 if done separately.

Bro, a lot of us in communist NY get our shit from local FFL's who order directly from PSA or Anderson. I get charged $50.00 flat for my lowers by my dude. Pic related. I dunno what shitty FFL's you are shopping at, probably chain's who want you to buy their overpriced shit in-store.

Attached: yarp.jpg (2132x1224, 283K)

That's how my kitchen table FFL is as well. Use him any time I want to order something. $20 transfer for any type. Never heard of different fees for pistol or rifle/shotty either.

I'm honestly surprised by people saying they are paying transfer fees when buying direct from LGS though.

Honestly user, it'll probably be fine. Just understand it won't be great, but you can upgrade it as funds allow.

Not really, I assembled my lower with a $20 punch set and a ar wrench. Its not that hard.

i just read that. pretty interesting. i would have figured hed have had a full auto ar over there but its cool that he just has a basic bitch semi auto 16 inch barrel build

>Tfw you are waiting for your KAC upper and parts to finish your bcm lower
>it’s nice not being poor

Attached: D8CC2D10-203D-4887-BCDB-F65B99BB17C8.jpg (3737x1559, 2.05M)

Seems like a good place to ask this. I’ve heard people say that Aero lower receivers are the best value for your dollar, is there anything wrong with their barrels or bcgs? I know Ballistic Advantage makes barrels for Aero.

Yeah I always told myself I wouldn't get caught up in the shitstorm that is the chant. Turns out real life is boring.

OP, PSA is entry-level or "economy" but they are fine for what most people do. If all you want is to have an AR15 and shoot some shit in the backyard occasionally or go to the range a PSA will more than meet your needs.

This goes for almost all hobbies and not just guns, but don't spend a shit ton of money up-front on a hobby until you are sure that's the way you want to go forward.

Look at all the fucks who buy motorcycles, boats, expensive camping shit, etc and end up selling it back for pennies on the dollar because they imagined a hobby was cool until they actually started doing it.

TLDR - Ignore the Guccifags, a PSA will meet YOUR needs. If you get serious about guns as a hobby feel free to get something nicer down the line. If you are actually scared about new laws in the future, save up a bit from farmwork this summer and buy 2-3 stripped lowers. Then use extra cash (maybe during next Christmas since it seems you are very young) and add some stuff to your PSA or start a proto-Gucci build.

>drop thousands in an ar
>get killed by a 400 dollar PSA during balkanization

I have two psa ar15s and I'm building a 308 ar10. I've had no issues, make sure you live up your gun before shooting. My first mistake was taking it straight outta the box and went shooting without anything and I had a couple issues. After that I've had maybe 1 malfunction in about 2k rounds

Yes. Don't expect top quality but it'll work and it'll shoot. Treat her right and take care of her till you can afford something better and if she's banned, separate the parts from the lower so you can put her back together if shtf and if you get narc'd you can still keep the parts

not him, but I bought a garbage AR, a bushmaster from a buddy. A total lemon
The castle nut was loose and the buffer tube was out of spec.

Brought the buffer tube into spec with a file.
put the castle nut down as tight as i could with my hand, them got a flat head screwdriver.
I used the buttstock as a hammer and the screwdriver to push the castle nut down tight.

i want to stake it, but it's been tight since then so i can't be fucked.
gun runs fine.