/arg/ AR General Tripfag Development Group

Wife/Cousin with your AR15 Edition

Old

Attached: Screenshot_20190316-034745_Samsung Internet.jpg (770x476, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/x0wio
youtu.be/OGHKD_X6-Rw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This thread was not Sponsored by Lucas Botkin

streamable.com/x0wio

Ugly stick reporting in.

Attached: 20190316_092333.jpg (2760x2272, 1.93M)

Spring time is best time

Attached: IMG_8604.jpg (1771x2400, 2.12M)

Incorrect, winter is best time

Guys, I’m looking at the 14.5 pinned MCMR. What are my best options for a pinned muzzle device. Right now I’m thinking either the warcomp or the BCM comp

I wish she was my wife/cousin
Whatever mounts your suppressor

Gotta throw the whole AR out

I was going to make a crack about it being "gun-next-door cute" but the I expanded the pic. Hard yikes, dump it in a homeless camp

Question: What are a few bullet points (heh) for most-important considerations for buying my first and only AR?

ex.) Rails: buy X type because it's the most customizable and won't trap you into staying in one configuration. or anything you find pertinent.

I don’t have one and I’m going to be living in a cocked state for at least another 5 years so that doesn’t matter too much to me. Are you saying their effects are basically the same?

what is this song

>cuck state for 5 years
Pin on whatever fh floats your boat

what y'all putting kickballs on your guns for?

Dont get keymod, dont pay over 500 on your first AR... use that to learn how to clean, zero, dry fire your rifle.

After that, start saving up and know what flavor of optic you want, dont underestimate iron sights, you dont have to buy a $1200 optic or spend $1200 buying 8 $100 optics...

youtu.be/OGHKD_X6-Rw

Also, browse the Jow Forums archives (desu) to get information on optics you are interested on, if you cant find much info on a particular optic, most likely its an unknown garbage. good luck

I kinda agree with SCC, but have a slightly different take. Start with a good base, so that you can slap optics, and lights, and slings on it down the road without having to get a brand new rifle. Get a quality upper(BCM, Colt, DD, or even a PSA Premium upper) and get a Aero Precision lower(great for a starter rifle and not shit like PSA or Anderson). Then get a set of MBUS Pro's for irons, and just train on that. All in all this might cost overall $700(look on Arfcom EE for good deals on used uppers) and you have a good upgrade path down the road.

Nice, thanks for the advice. I've wanted to pull the trigger (jeez!) for a while now, but the latest push for gun laws is motivating me to look more in-depth at it.

I would say definitely go ahead and invest in one lower. Aero Precision has a complete lower that they sell without a stock and it's only $170 and you can get a B5 SOPMOD Enhanced later

Something tells me that you're overweight

The grass is always greener through the MRO

I like skiing

This is mostly good but there's no reason you can't use a stripped PSA or Anderson lower to build on. People will make fun of you, but milspec lowers are equal no matter what rollmark they have.

Help with muh aesthetics. 1/2

Attached: 45FAA75C-6DF1-47C4-AE3C-7C370193505A.jpg (3000x1687, 2.49M)

vs. 2/2

Attached: 9E93100A-777C-4698-B11B-5D704BD648E7.jpg (2425x1363, 1.38M)

IDK, looks odd at the front. It's not the handguard, maybe the flash hider or whatever you got up there. Needs more flat black 'slab' look to match the micro and the rest of the right side.

20 rounder is always the more aesthetic option

6 o'clock rail, fucking why?

wtf kind of edition is this scc you fucking spook

Attached: neuter_your_wgws.jpg (888x499, 125K)

Put my 10.3 together last night

Attached: reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg (720x1280, 226K)

>Put my 10.3 together last night
Are you sure you finished the job there?

Attached: WHAT ARE THOSE.png (1445x1265, 1.64M)

Attached: WAIT WHAT IS THAT.png (1445x1265, 1.65M)

Torqued the nut to spec with antiseize until it was timed for the gas tube. The handguard is held in a groove on the nut. Handguard and upper are Aero.

I think the only thing I could do is take it all apart and use a lapping tool to take off that millimeter from the upper.

Attached: Wuggy Musket.jpg (820x424, 43K)

Guys why cant I see the illuminated reticle? Is my ACOG dead?

poorfag build

Attached: IMG_5671.jpg (4032x3024, 2.22M)

not poorfag meme build

Attached: IMG_5119.jpg (2100x1575, 635K)

Yes

>that cable management
Its still got poorfag

The guy said it was bright, but just a litte moldy.

Attached: 1552669533121m.jpg (1024x768, 142K)

the only mlok cable management system i found is out of stock. i could get one for the rail on top but it would be out of the way

What are zip ties or electrical tape.

Nice ash clone.

Small zip ties or ranger bands are all you need. You're almost as gay as your build.

Question for anybody who has an 18-20" barrel: What performance differences have you personally noticed, and is it significantly better than the 16"? I believe I've seen a chart in one of these threads that showed higher muzzle velocity, but I'm curious about accuracy and anything else that comes to mind.

Whats the latest meme fad stuff I can buy to fit in here?

Quality nets accuracy. Length nets velocity. Velocity only nets accuracy when considering the additional distance the bullet stays supersonic. In the case of 5.56, you're not going to notice a drastic difference in any size 16" and over until you push to the very limit of the bullet's range. Even then you need a quality stainless precision barrel, quality ammo, quality constructed/designed AR and a quality shooter to turn the extra velocity into something functional.

I had a dream that I was waiting tables at Cafe 50's crammed with /arg/ posters but only three people had AR's. I saw a 7.5" SBR painted white, a 20" BCM with only Magpul furniture, and a 16" horror show. Inaccurate representation?

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE POORFAG

What about between 14.5" and 16"?

CD OWL

[x] faggot tier acog
[x] faggot tier meme lower
[x] poor faggot tier back up irons
[x] poor faggot tier steiner i2
[x] re**it VIP supreme pass [knights]
[x] poor faggot tier cheapest vickers sling
[_] quality setup in 2019
[_] an impressive rifle
[x] 1.5 MOA

Attached: 1495503439806.jpg (265x325, 14K)

Great answer

>mail dropped off
>acog wasnt
USPS a shit

Attached: vVkoPPU.gif (250x250, 992K)

Better to teach a man to fish. Go look up 5.56 velocities on google. Look at the charts, check multiple sources, look for ammo you might use. Look where the bullets go trans-sonic out of the different lengths and consider what ranges you will be using your rifle at. Consider maneuverability and ease of stowing. Consider if you will be using components and ammunition together that will net meaningful accuracy at the ranges you have access to.

Point blank answer, for a "fighting" carbine I'd look at 16in all the way down to 11.5in with a chrome lined barrel. If I'm looking for a varmint rifle, I'd probably look at the midway point of velocity and maneuverability. 18"/SPR/Mk12 territory there. QUALITY stainless precision barrel if I'll need to be real accurate, chrome lined if I need minute of critter out to 400 yards give or take. If I'm looking for a gun best served being shot from a static position and for maximum accuracy out beyond 500 yards, I would be looking at 18" to 24" high grade precision barrels and the quality constructed receiver and handguard to back it up.

Commit sudoku

Attached: 20190315_144053.jpg (2052x3648, 3.01M)

M B T

Attached: 68df4g6df84g6er4ged684r6d84.jpg (1922x1438, 1.46M)

>black rail instead of the FDE meme

Attached: aiw.gif (177x210, 2.12M)

>tfw my spare MBT doesn't fit in my ACR
Damn it Mark.

lil nas x - old town road

Attached: 20190316_140428.jpg (4032x3024, 2.75M)

Attached: lsg.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

That's not a RIS II, that's why.

Getting my m600 today what tape switch and cap is good my dudes?

DS07

What's the main difference?

Well the RIS II has only been available in tan for some years now. Also the DD Lite Rail on that rifle is extruded vs billet for the RIS II and the Lite Rail doesn't have the removable 6 o'clock rail for mounting a grenade launcher.

>[x] faggot tier acog
BEST ACOG
>[x] faggot tier meme lower
RE A BEST
>[x] poor faggot tier back up irons
$125 POOR TIER LOL
>[x] poor faggot tier steiner i2
DOESNT EVEN MAKE SENSE
>[x] re**it VIP supreme pass [knights]
LOL
>[x] poor faggot tier cheapest vickers sling
ITS LIKE $20 LESS THAN THE "STANDARD ISSUE"
>[_] quality setup in 2019
FA SHO
>[_] an impressive rifle
YOUR MOM
>[x] 1.5 MOA
1 MOA BUT WELL WITHIN WHAT IT SHOULD BE

YOUREGAY/10 FAGGOT

works ok for people that actually use these at their jobs but word man

Finally got my Holosun pretty close to zero at 50 yards. I really need a proper bench setup though, would make things easier, but it's probably good enough. I quite like the holosun, though I think I prefer the Aimpoint T1 form. Only real beef with the holosun is it seems like it would be quite easy for the emitter to be obstructed by debris, but I don't do the kind of shooting where that could happen, so whatever.

Attached: 20190312_180326.jpg (4032x1960, 2.47M)

Thanks bro, was checking that one out.

>Lite Rail doesn't have the removable 6 o'clock rail for mounting a grenade launcher.
Short RIS doesnt have this, only big RIS

LMT can suck it

Attached: 21CED6E8-4F10-45B9-B512-46A0F17D868B.png (1333x1000, 3.39M)

Really? Could have sworn the short RIS did it as well. It's useless on a Mk18 but seems like extra work to design two versions like that.

why would you go and dump a pile of trash on your carpet like that?

>KAC ambi lower
>gay ass BCM upper
LMAO.

If I want to mimic an AR-10 using a 6x48 ACOG, what would I use for an AR-15? Regular or mini ACOG? LPVO? Red-dot? Same thing stock-wise: For your boat anchors would a slightly smaller version be something like the B5 SOPMOD stock?

Short ris too small for m203
You can jam a rail mount 203 on there but it hangs way lower and barrel slides forward unless its the LMT tiny launcher

>No bugs
>Can dress in layers (full larp kit) not be hot as shit
>The amazing fire you can make.
>No one else out cause they're normies and don't want to deal with snow or rain.
Fall and winter are best time to go innawoods.

Poorfag question:

Which airsoft parts can be used without great regret on an AR?
Handguard panels for pica/keymod/mlok?
fore grips?
rails or optics mounts?

would not buy anything complex like f.i.
optics from airshit, but solid accessories that consist of 2-3 parts and some screws?
or are these that useless/fragile?

Attached: a6Ht9uu.png (600x800, 578K)

Are those Midwest Iron sights? Are they good?

Gonna disagree with my pinoy brother SCC and say that you should splurge a little more on your first AR and get something you can "grow into" so to speak. Get a basic 16" BCM M4 thing, and learn the basics. The main hard parts of the rifle will be good to go, and if you decide you want to float the barrel, upgrade other stuff etc you won't be stuck with povertyshit that won't hold its value and start on a second "build". BCM, Colt, factory complete Aero AC-15 rifle and sfuff that isn't Bushmaster, Anderson, PSA etc is all good stuff that won't cost 1500.

Attached: received_1546043685517919.jpg (960x540, 56K)

I like your pistol, Pham.

Attached: 20190314_203347.jpg (4032x3024, 3.52M)

The kac upper is backordered from optic planet for 4 months now. You know a better place, the bcm is suppose to go on the aero lower

>opticsplanet for kac
Holy shit faggot, operation parts

>Short ris too small for m203
Yea, I know.

Just met the owner of LBT such a down to Earth lad.

Attached: 20190316_160653.jpg (4032x3024, 2.97M)

Windham Weaponry alright or not?

Shit

LBT a best.

Attached: FB_IMG_1531748966207.jpg (960x720, 111K)

LMAO frig off

>frig off
Okay you dumb trailer park leaf

What makes them shit?

No acog today either :/ they havent dropped it off yet.

>What makes them shit?
You explain to me what makes you think a railed gas block on a drop in hand guard for 900 dollars is a smart buy.
Their varmint line is a fucking joke at 1200ish dollars. Who in their right fucking mind would pay that much for a rifle with less features than a garbage PSA rifle with a free float mlok.
Pretty sure their barrels are mystery meat as well.
They literally exist so retards who wear real tree to Walmart can blow their refund check and 50 year old men who don't know shit about AR15s can get something that is a vague facsimile of the garbage they love.

This.

Attached: received_1515582448564043.jpg (3872x2592, 1.88M)

God just seeing this piece of shit gets me angry. It even comes from the factory with risers just ready for some dumb Baska scope that a fucking stupid baby boomer has just waiting to go on this.

Attached: complete shit.png (1277x349, 135K)

God what a fucking mess
>8.20 lbs without mag

Take that rail cover off the top of your RAS ya nerd

>this post is a bannable offense

Attached: S.jpg (1080x1520, 322K)