Pawn Shopping

I want to start going around and browsing pawn shops to see if I can make any interesting gun finds. Is it worth the time or is it mostly just trash on the shelves? I understand the owners probably price the stuff like the old fudds they are.. is haggling an option?

Also, post your cool pawn shop finds.

Attached: pawn-shop-1024x683.jpg (1024x683, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

atlanticfirearms.com/ffl-finder
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ya you can haggle the best way to do that is walk in and say "sup niggers I'm here to make your day now give me the blackest gun you've got"

Sometimes you can. The last few I've gone to had shit for sale. I think I made the mistake though that they deal with new guns as well. They had a keltec p32 for nearly the same price new despite a shit stippling job and the faggot dipping the whole gun in duracoat. They refused to budge on the price.

>Is it worth the time, or just trash?
Varies greatly, just have to go and see

>Is haggling an option
Of course, just be reasonable about it. Chances are they aren't gonna accept your offer of 40% of tag price. Also don't be the "but I can get this online for XXX" guy.

I frequent at pawnshops and have found some killer deals. Pic related is a Perrazzi stole for $700, I'll post some other good shit I've found.

Attached: rsz_img_20190125_112412142_hdr.jpg (2016x1512, 537K)

You can definitely find some neat stuff I regularly swing by pawns and if you become a regular buyer they'll start working with you on the price some. I look for mostly older SWs so pawns are where it's at. Armslist is another good one

Some times you get lucky. Like gun shows you have to know what you're looking at and dont expect to find good deals on new stuff. Just think of it as killing a few minutes out of your day and have a good time.

Attached: spas 900.jpg (1024x768, 102K)

No dash 686 4 inch, paid $400 for it. I used to hit different shops about once a week, you become friendly with owners/employees and you'll be surprised at the deals they are willing to negotiate to. If you are into revolvers, go to the ghetto/hood pawn shops where most of their customers want semi-autos. You will find stupid deals on oftentimes vintage wheelguns.

Attached: rsz_img_20181021_201114252_hdr.jpg (1512x2016, 479K)

I have 2 pawn shops both within 2 miles of me. One has HK rifles, and old steyr AUG, FN FAL and FNC, and the list goes on. The other has fudd shotgun #7266 and PSA AR with a free float handguard #518838. Just depends on the shop

Model 10-4, $200 out the door. Again, ghetto pawn shop.

Attached: rsz_img_20190122_154231037_hdr.jpg (2016x1512, 742K)

Totally worth it, snagged a lefty 308 gunsite from a pawn for 500 even. Also look for other stuff, milsurp or even glass like binos you can get really high end shit for naught because somebodies drunkard/methed out kid sold it for addiction.

1934 S&W target master .38, another ghetto find. Think I paid like $300 for it.

Attached: rsz_img_20181212_150717679_hdr.jpg (2016x1512, 453K)

Pre model 29, another ghetto find. Had been in their case for years, paid less than $400 for it.

Attached: rsz_img_20181110_183519005_2.jpg (2016x1512, 404K)

Holy fuck. what state? A perazzi is my dream gun.

Depends on what kind of guns you like. It's easier to find old man guns from ungrateful grandkids who inherited them. You'll find decent to good priced revolvers and hunting long guns year round. A few months after income tax returns is when the young guys who impulse buy modern stuff realize they have to sell their tactical shit to make rent. A pawn shop near some nice Mausers for garbage rod prices last year. At another one I saw a Chinese AK for $300 but someone else was already buying it.

This is exactly the reason I check pawns regularly. There is an old pre model 10 1906 4th change or whatever sittin at one right now with some cringe rubber grips on it, dying to be rescued. I think it's marked at $350, but it's been in there awhile so they will probably come down. Have to get proper grips for it tho

kek

Shit, good find. I looked for exactly that forever and finally bought one new.

How long ago did you find these deals? I feel like pawn shops get their process from Armslist now. I see something that I think might be a deal, and it's always within like $50 of what stuff is going for online.

*prices

It was dead ass fate. I had been looking at them new for months trying to justify the price, i was at a local pawn/jewelers buy Christmas shit and decided to go look at guns. Literally while i was making the joke
>they probably have one buts its right handed
I see it, in all its glory stuffed between a mosin and a rem 700.

how do you find pawn shops that sell guns? the pawn shops near me don't sell guns.

Dont live in niggertown

Pawn shops used to be great places to get bargins because it required the pawn shop to buy a gun blue book and guess the value.
Then you could bambozal the pawn broker with bullshit to haggle “oooh this throat looks worn” “this rifling is shot! Its gonna need a new barrel.”
And get guns for 30% of what they were worth.
Even more so the pawn shops didnt factor the scopes, so sometimes you had a scope that you could part out and sell and basically get a free gun.

Now im afraid , we have google. And everything with a serial number is checked for a value. And the pawn shop usually starts at that value and knocks off 15%.
If the broker looks like an idiot , you might be able to say “thats an airsoft clone eotech you got attached. Its a knock off— you can tell by the...”
But most of the brokers have a slimy little shit that calls himself an expert.
Its also well to note that ive seen pawn brokers post on K and ask “how much do you think this is worth” or “what gun is this?”

Heres the pro-tip : custom guns and custom jobs are the shit to look for.
Look for customized rem 700 s, ARs with geissle triggers, AI mags and badger ordinance metal.
Thats where you’ll get the bargins. Ive bought a few rem 700 benchrest rifles for $250.
Hope this helps

Live in a state with alot of guns

Jacksonville, FL in a Cash America pawn shop. It came with the case, set of Perrazzi Chokea and a extra pair of trigger springs. The gun had been pawned by a older gentleman for $500, manager said he seemed down on his luck and need to turn his lights on. Was completely dumb luck on my part, I knew Perrazzi were high dollar but am not really into sporting clays. Vintage Smith and Wesson revolvers are more my speed, pic related is another ghetto find.

Attached: rsz_img_20190110_212739037_hdr.jpg (2016x1512, 813K)

Everything I've posted has been bought in the last 18 months. Pic related is a 325 nightguard in .45 ACP. Another ghetto find for dumb cheap.

Attached: rsz_img_20180808_183203882.jpg (1512x2016, 992K)

Where are all of the good deals?Jow Forums always talks about $200 SKS or $600 M1 Garand. Meanwhile I’ve gone to multiple different pawn shops in the Baton Rouge area looking for a revolver and can’t find anything decent for under $500. Our Mosins cost about $450 if you’re lucky. /no guns/ and maybe even /never guns/ if i cant find something that feels worth my money
>”oh look a 1903!”
>its rusted and cost $799

>Hammerless
Is that so it can fit up your ass easier, faggot?

>ywn be this irrationally angry at a stranger on the internet

More angry that people desire bullshit hammerless revolvers.

But it's not hammer less, you can even see the spur

Yikes

Cruise Armslist. Everyday, check it every hour or two. Don't be afraid to low-ball if something looks in your price range, some people are desperate for $$

Don't give me that. My attitude is quite typical on this website.

Attached: banned from woolworth.jpg (475x231, 12K)

As the owner of a pawn shop I can guarantee you wont find a deal on anything Gun or Gold related in my store. I do way too much research on either to give shit away. Now the chain stores are easy to find deals at.

If you wanna know anyhing about the pawn life, ask away.

Attached: 20181128_194505_resized.jpg (3024x2268, 1.82M)

How well set are you, financially? Please be honest. It's an anonymous website.

You can find some decent buys. Have an idea of what you are looking for, and what you are willing to spend.

I have bought 4 or 5 guns from a local pawn shop. They will have certain items in stock in various times of the year. If you want a deer rifle, buy in the summer. Closer it gets to hunting season, they more they sell.

Local economy also affects prices. Rural areas may have better prices that cities.

I bought a 1976 Marlin 336 in good condition for a little over $300. But I paid too much for a Springfield XDm. Found a near mint Beretta 92f for around $100 less than new.

You can find some interesting things in pawn shops sometimes. I got a Finnish captured 91/30 from one.

Attached: 20180427_160530.jpg (2560x1536, 908K)

Tell nigger stories

This is the one I fit in my ass, and the hammer is shrouded you mongoloid. Another ghetto pawnshop find, paid like $300 for it.

Attached: rsz_img_20181205_172731970_hdr.jpg (1512x2016, 683K)

The thing about pawn shops, and gunshows for that matter, is you dont know what they have until you go check it out. Somewhere out there right this second is some amazing deal on some super cool gun. Chances are low that youll find it, but not impossible

>M1 Garand
>1903
>Baton Rouge
You're not far from the CMP south store in Anniston AL. $750 for a good M1 and $680 for an '03A3, if they're in stock.

link three more posts in this thread that match yours for wrongness and anger

I'm super jealous of your perazzi find. You're a lucky man, and I hope you come to appreciate it one day.

IDK if I actually get deals on stuff, but they seem cheap enough often times. Got a new in box Springfield armoury 1911 for $500, got pic related for like $650

Attached: IMG_20181206_212345307.jpg (3000x4000, 2.16M)

Thanks user, just save up and buy one. My dad and brother both casually shoot skeet, i take it out and go shooting with them every couple months.
Pic is another ghetto find, came with box, manual and spare mag. Dates to around 1965, the guns tolerances and action are just remarkable.

Attached: DSCF4935_b0395e06-6d87-4c75-a4da-79c5ba6e54ce_large.jpg (479x320, 23K)

A family friend was selling his established business, I asked my dad to stand for the loan for me to buy it. He did and I paid him back in 5 years.

rural area. I deal with 90% white people

My uncle actually got suckered into a fake martin guitar at an auction for $1000. (I dont know how it was obviously fake). I took it to the closest ghetto chain Pawn Shop went in with a sob story about how my uncle left it to me before he died. They agreed to give me $600 on it. Took it back to my uncle and told him to call me before he buys anymore guitars kek,

entirely this. pawn shops are just an inconvenient way to purchase something you can purchase anywhere else, plus they cant/dont exactly order things for you.

Not true. My local pawn shop is also the best LGS within 45 minutes of me.

>$10 transfers
>can order new guns
>guys there seem to actually enjoy guns

>$10 transfers
ill believe it when i see it, lucky ass

Checked, and I had to make sure I hadn't posted this earlier. Bought a Finn Capture '37 Tula for $200.00 at a pawn shop last July.

not exactly a pawnshop but a gun store with a used section.
got a ruger mk III USA shooting team edition for 150 and a lelkek .380 pocket pistol for 40 bucks

lol

Flex on the boomers at the trap range

I think you quoted the wrong user

I've had several fudds notice the gun and try to talk big shit, one become nearly outraged when I told him how I acquired it. Funnier still is the look on their face when I shoot absolute dog shit with a gun costing several times more than theirs. The skeet/trap crowd seem to be a pretentious bunch, I have more fun taking it to the farm and shooting squirrels/birds.

Attached: rsz_img_20180405_233344615.jpg (1008x756, 149K)

Thanks for pointing that out. Yet another ghetto pawnshop find, 1956 chiefs special.

Attached: IMG_20180716_123502690_LL_50.jpg (2016x1512, 890K)

They are wannabe high society fat old fucks

Also what model is it

Per Perazzi Italy, it's a 1992 Mirage S Special Sporting, 29 inch/12ga. Has a upgraded wood monte carlo stock with factory installed cheek riser/ adj butt stock. Also has the upgraded removable trigger pack.

Attached: images (2).jpg (290x174, 8K)

Don't be afraid to offer trades too. I got $350 in store credit towards this for a gun that could be found online for $280 new.

Attached: 20190201_153035_crop_989x676.jpg (989x676, 674K)

does your boss know you post on 4chins?

What do they say when they talk big shit? Agreed on the pretentious aspect, all of my unpleasant experiences with older shooters have been at skeet ranges where a group of friends and I would allow one of these old farts to join us and they'd just curse up a storm at themselves for one thing or another.

I've played skeet against those types and intentionally grated them to make the domination more savory.

>Walk up in cargo shorts, wife beater, socks/sandals, Remington 1100
>Shells bulging in cargo pockets
>Boomers stare in disbelief
>Start playing, inquire what all that shit they're wearing is for. I didn't know there was a skeet uniform
>Smoke them all with 24/25
>"pfff, I've done better"

>and the whole bus clapped
cool story bro

I've found an old .32 top break revolver, a 1918 Luger with mismatched parts, an 1866 Springfield Trapdoor, and a double barrel shotgun from the early 1900s at the one store I've been to.
Also found a 1943 Mosin + bayonet, which was the only one I could afford out of the bunch. It's in my closet as of now.

>The skeet/trap crowd seem to be a pretentious bunch

because skeet is a boujie passtime for people who don't actually care about guns and just like collecting expensive hobbies.

skeet is fun, noguns

It's like anything else. Pound the pavement and keep your eyes open. Most gun stores have at least one good deal if you know your shit and multiple great deals if you have a good rapport and people skills.
Reminds me of my first time shooting trap. I bought a ratty Savage single shot 12ga at a gun show and the range wouldn't let me shoot it anywhere but the trap range with 4 other shooters. I had to pay $5 for a round, so I said fuck it.

Turns out old shotguns don't like steel based shells. I had to run it like a muzzle loader running a 3' dowel down the barrel after each shot to knock the old shell our and to reload in time to shoot again. This completely fucked up the rythm for everyone else and they were piiiiiiiissed. Well one was a younger guy who was laughing with me. One old fudd with some 20k space gun fucking stormed off right afterwards.

My final score was -1/25. I did hit a clay once. It was out of turn and I had to borrow a shell from Mr. Spacegun to finish. I tried to forefeit and leave after the first two failures to extract, but the rangemaster insisted that I didn't.

Mines beat to shit, but she chooches good. Also a pawn find

Attached: 20190228_210214-3024x1701.jpg (3024x1701, 758K)

How can you tell if it was captured?

I remember you. You're a god damn magician

Attached: ianthumbs.png (331x485, 390K)

They have to have FFLs, so I suggest you look through Atlantic’s FFL list.

atlanticfirearms.com/ffl-finder

How much did you pay for that? Want a small wheelgun to carry, but I want an old S&W.

Attached: 20190317_060832.jpg (1080x1080, 360K)

I mean, my local FFL is almost as good.

Attached: ffl fees.jpg (322x94, 10K)

>be me
>go to local pawnshops once month to see if they’re selling anything of quality for a reasonable price (almost never are).
>go to Pawn Shop 1
>400.00 for a heavily used basic bitch mossberg 590 security
>800.00 for a bubba’d IO Inc Sporter AK.
>ask why it’s priced so high
>”it’s the owners and he ain’t willin’ to barter on none of these guns just so you know”.
>uturnoutthedoor.jpeg
>Pawn Shop 2
>walk in and see a nicely taken care of SKS on the wall for only 350.
>guy pulls it down but as I flip it over I can see that some bubba has tried his hand at scrimshaw and they were hiding that side on the wall for a reason.
>the rest of the handguns and rifles were all a mix of cheap SNS’s and durr Rifles.
>walkout.jpeg
>go to LGS
>Buy hexagonal receiver Nugget for 220.
>go home happy

I don't have any pawn shops near me BUT I do have our rural equivalent which is a 150 year old hardware store. The move hundreds of guns a week, haggling and trading is the norm and everyone is a legit gun nut.

Some things I got in the last month alone:

>Colt LE6920 M4, unfired and sold as used $675
>Webley MkVI 455, unshaved, 1916, tight, perfect bore, no import marks, not sold out of service $750
>S&W 66 357, no lock, 2.5", tight af, looks unfired, $425
>Complete Type 99 Arisaka 7.7, nice woood and bore, all matching, made in Hiroshima $200
>S&W 28 Highway Patrolman 357, pinned barre, recessed chambers, tight and nice bore $450
>H&R 45-70 Handi rifle with nearly new Leupold Freedom VX 4-12 $275

Used and secondhand stores are pretty much my only place to buy guns unless it is something that you just can't find.

Shit I got in the

>NICS fee
Is this standard for your lgs?

Think I paid $350 for it. Pic is of another flat latch I picked up from a estate sale; not as old and I carry it on occasion. If you plan on carrying a vintage jframe, look at a model 60. Same gun as the mod 36, just in stainless steel.

Attached: rsz_img_20181011_203729776_hdr.jpg (1512x2016, 550K)

Walked in a bought this Taurus .36spl for $350. Perosnally I didnt think it was a bad price.

Attached: Screenshot_20181224-202831_Gallery.jpg (1080x1097, 573K)

That's a nice piece user. I've got a 4th change that was owned by the Mississippi Dept of Corrections, looks alot like that. Pic is a 3in model 37 Airweight, another dumb cheap deal from a pawn shop. I don't think it's ever been fired.

Attached: rsz_img_20180720_161527971.jpg (1008x756, 319K)

That is a STRONG fucking flex right there user

r u play with me user? did pic related actually happen irl?

Well for starters, if you look at the side of the receiver you can see the SA in a box. That's the Finnish Army property mark.

The other signs, at least on the one I bought, are the bolt and stock. Despite being a Soviet round receiver 91/30, it has an older M91 bolt in it. You can tell it's an older bolt because of the steppe on the bolt handle. That suggests the Finns swapped out the rifle's original bolt, likely due to damage.

Next, the stock. Anyone familiar with Soviet Mosins would tell you that all Soviet Mosins were refurbished after WWII and given red shellac laminated stocks. This rifle however, has its original wartime stock. So it hadn't been refurbished like every other Soviet Mosin.

The last bit is the trigger. The trigger on this particular 91/30 is a crisp two-stage trigger with little creep. The Finns reworked the triggers on all their rifles. Compared to my other Soviet 91/30 (which has the aforementioned red stock), the difference in their triggers is night and day. On a Soviet Mosin, you can also push on the back of the trigger and it'll move forward even while the gun is cocked. Can't do that on this captured one, which is another sign it's been modified.

Attached: 20180427_160405.jpg (2560x1536, 1.3M)

>a revolver that won't give the DA extra evidence against you in court.

I really, really hope you kill yourself you piece of shit.

Sounds like my IPSC club

>Everyone else carries Gucci CZs with high end gunbelts and accessories

>I roll up with a bone stock G17, paddle holsters and mag pouches on my usual belt.
>Outshoot all of them
>Meanwhile they have malfunctions all the time

So much salt.

>scratched
:(

Fake news

No word of lie my friend.

I even convinced one to go Glock, now he's shooting a riced up G34 with a red dot.

Sorry you wasted so much money on your Czoyboi pistol.

And the whole club clapped

I think pawn shops are occasionally worthwhile. There's really only a few places I go to, and they're in a smallish town, so the selections are more like one to two hundred or so guns rather than the dozen on a rack that I tend to find on display in a city.

I got this PTR for $770 after tax, including the wood, case, and sling, and I think it's a pretty good deal. They had it sitting alongside a Cetme .308 for $470.

Attached: IMG_20190205_223116.jpg (2849x1360, 720K)

>.36Spl

idiot.

>>>/reddit/

I have $5 dollar transfers at my ffl

If you think that's unbelievable then you've lived an incredibly sheltered life.

Ya, dude was returning it cause it wouldn't cycle which means basically means he was trying to use low brass. A new set of buffers and some proper loads later it functions just like it should. Plus I figure I'd make my money back parting it out if there really was something wrong (hook is a repro but for 900 I don't care).

Attached: short spaz.jpg (5184x3456, 3.24M)

High Caliber Pawn in Longbeach, MS is the fucking tits for buying guns. The dude there will happily see if he can order a gun and price check for you. Often times he finds shit cheaper than anything I can find online.
His transfers are $15-20, can't remember exactly. It has been a long time since he hasn't been able to find me a better deal on a gun I wanted. Great selection of handguns in stock as well, and all competitively priced.
He mentioned to me that the guns are just his hobby, and he makes all the real money off of jewelry.

Guy says he gets $10 transfers, and you think the $25 you pay is "almost as good" and not over double.

what inventory management system do you use? does your state have any crazy regs for holding pawned items and reporting to police, etc?