Bloop ball (Working title)

Some guys in Canada General were discussing a potential new sport and I think it deserves its own thread.
In essence, it is like a game of golf. Instead of using a stick to hit a ball, however, you use grenade launchers, rifle grenades, mortars and the like.
Different kinds of launchers could be used like you would different clubs in golf or could be made into different divisions (Like you could have a potato cannon division for ease of entry into the sport).
The projectiles would likely be made of bright orange plastic with sand or some sort of shot inside to function like a dead-blow hammer to prevent it from bouncing on landing.
If we can keep damage to the field low, it may be possible to actually use golf courses (with their permission, of course). We could use the entire green as the goal with whoever gets closest to the hole having one "stroke" less on that hole or some similar game mechanic.

Opinions, thoughts, name ideas?

Attached: 40mm solid 1.jpg (800x450, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=161JT0WRVf4
youtube.com/watch?v=gtLPc0Jrt8M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump for my fellow syrup sucker

Attached: 1495929400453.jpg (1122x752, 324K)

I prefer "tree vampire", thank you very much.

Maybe a consistency of a stress ball filled with sand. Shot clocks upon approach, and those portable sf style 40mm type launchers. Drink splonk drink some more. Id play

>Shot clocks upon approach
Good idea. Last thing we need is some guy spending 20 minutes dialing in the angle with his shit compass.

Bloop bump

I'm still of the opinion that rifle-grenades are the way to go one this.
Everyone and their dog has seen 37/40mm projectiles been shot before, if only on film. Rifle-grenades, on the other hand, are novel enough to turn the eye of even the most blazé of brass jews. They're big and easy to follow with the eye as they soar majestically like a very, very lost dildo. Not that I'd say no to a 10 holes with guns, of course.
The idea of just playing oversized darts with guns would probably work best because I'm sure most outdoor ranges are already feasible locations to play it. Trying to convince True Boomers that we're not going to ravage their greens and that, no, the smell of cosmoline is perfectly normal is a lost cause unless you're willing to pay out the ass.
You set up a large target downrange and you set up everyone who's ready to play and everyone shoot their rifle-grenade volley-fire style in order to save time and make it even more fun to watch. Then you tally the points, fill out your score cards, and decide who's the loser stuck buying beer for tonight. That's my ideal idea of RAD (Rifle Assisted Darts).

Spigots and cup launchers as aftermarket muzzle-devices would be the bread-and-butter of the would-be new sport. Only problem is that I don't have much experience with low-scale manufacture and distribution. I know even less about muzzle devices and if there's standard that's valid across brands or if everyone prefer riding solo on their spec-sheets. As the for the projectiles, there are a few options. We need something that's cheap, easy to manufacture and that is easy to keep standardized (so that anyone and their dog can make one to spec). Using something shaped like the French STRIM32 (pic related) or a bit fatter would certainly be the most striking visually. Injection-molding and 3D printing are our best-bet, I believe.

Attached: Is that a M16¿.png (1000x733, 1.21M)

Move the holes around so people have to judge distance on the spot maybe have everybody else stand behind a wall or tent so they dont see the shot until its their turn.

We'd want everyone to be behind the person taking their turn, anyway, for safety reasons.
R.A.D. also sounds really fun. If we're just using a singular thing, we could just put a water paint on the front of the "dart" so that it leaves a mark where it lands.
I think making sport-specific launchers would be the best option for this one, though, to avoid dealing with the legal bullshit. No rifling needed, just put a pin through the bore so that people can't fire actual rounds and then you can make various chamberings for different ranges or whatever.
A small scale test one could easily be tested with those .22 LR nail gun blanks.

why not just use a slingshot?

why not just use a pneumatic hand cannon?

>Slingshot
Won't perform consistently based on air temperature.
>Pneumatic
Sure, but at that point you may as well just use spud guns. Blanks are cheap and available.

>A small scale test one could easily be tested with those .22 LR nail gun blanks.
I intend to start fucking around with my Type81 and homemade ghetto-tier rifle-grenades the very moment I get it.
Legally speaking, at least in Canada, there are absolutely no problem using rifle-grenades are all, pretty much anywhere.
Because that would be boring.
Everything is better with guns.

>why not use gay cucked shit instead of grenade launchers

Attached: 1405172809143.jpg (476x314, 31K)

>why use metal swords in HEMA when you can just hit yourselves with dildoes

obligatory:
youtube.com/watch?v=161JT0WRVf4

I think H's vid is the better proof of how awesome RG are.
youtube.com/watch?v=gtLPc0Jrt8M

Because i cant hit myself with dildos at home.

i like to shoot bright colored rifle grenades with my yugo sks and try to hit a large target
i call it yugo lawn darts

sure you can

How do you make them?

Probably not a good idea.
It was videos of firing dildoes from an M203 that lead the RCMP reclassifying M79s and M203s to be firearms.

A few people from my weapons squad played a version of this game, during Just Cause. We were sitting outside of the enlisted Panamanian Airborne barracks a day after our siege. We each took turns calling out which window of the three story bldg we would hit with the M203. The major difference is we were using a case of captured enemy HEDP rounds.

Attached: airborne.jpg (564x564, 46K)

hey that was my idea

I actually asked the RCMP directly about RGs. Their answer went--
>c) Everything related to "ammunition", this is what the rifle grenade is, is regulated by Natural Resources Canada
I'm currently waiting on an answer from them, but I'm pretty sure they won't care.

Neat idea. I always wanted to try bowling, but instead of a ball you use a twelve gauge.

>golf
Rifle grenades would be the way to go. There is already a large number of firearms that can be adapted to shoot rifle grenades and a plethora of dummy designs that can be used. I've done lawn darts with rocket motors strapped to a stick. Once you fire enough you can eyeball the angle with surprising accuracy.

What I would really love is for someone to make 37mm or legal 40mm cheeto rounds. Golf sounds fun, but placing bets on hitting a four foot square at 200 yards with a m203 knockoff or a 40mm setup would be fun as fuck. Set up a gallery with building silhouettes, pill boxes, cars, old trucks, whatever you think would be fun to shoot. It would be like a driving range. Pay x ammount of money for rounds and a launcher or bring your own, and pay a range fee. This would get you 2 hours of fun and the ability to tell that faggot two lanes down the Hamilton in your wallet says he can't hit that car door at 150. Keep it friendly but competitive.

Shotguns are also an interesting angle at which you can attack this problem. Using either a pump-action or a single-shot break-action in conjunction with a type of rifle grenade called a 'rod type' would enable you to shoot something downrange without any modification to your gun. You'd still need to use a blank, but it's be a neat way of getting into the sport for cheap. You can find single-shot 20ga for basically nothing.
Pic related, this should tell you enough about how those works only by looking at it.
There are muzzle-devices specifically made to shoot golf-balls.
Then, you can also fuck around and reload yourself some low-power 'putter rounds' for precise blooping.

Attached: Rod Type.jpg (528x95, 11K)

>There are muzzle-devices specifically made to shoot golf-balls.
True, but they do not seem nearly as much fun as taking my garand with a grenade launching device and trying to hit a trash can lid at 200 meters and you can still experiment with different loads and how the grenade is placed on the launcher for putting. I'm not much of a golfer, but I love this idea. It's a sport so it can have different classes.

All true. As long as you can plonk (not plink) with your RG and somehow make a game out of it then all is good.
The M7 grenade launcher for the M1 is kind of common but the appropriate gasplug are scarce as fuck. People put the spigot attachment on their M1s often just to look cool, and when they are found originally idiots tend to only sell that instead of including the gas-plug necessary for safe operation (you don't want the gun to cycle with launching a RG). Thankfully there are workarounds.

This is why I think a RG-specific gun (chambered in whatever the cheapest rifle blanks are in a given area) would make more sense. Doesn't need rifling, so the barrel will be cheap to produce.
12 gauge makes sense, yeah. It'd have to be cylinder bore, though. Or maybe make a muzzle device for shotguns that screws in like a choke?
I think it'd take a long while before people really standardize the equipment if the sport takes off.

>RG-specific gun (chambered in whatever the cheapest rifle blanks are in a given area) would make more sense.
Unless there's a lot money to be made, it would just be cheaper to buy basicbitch AR with a gas disconnector and put a 22mm spigot at the end of the barrel. Maybe see a second life for all those shot-to-shit nuggets everyone has. Has far as bubba'ing milsurp goes, it would be the least of all offenses.

Anyway, if this ever takes off there would a pretty major shortage of blanks on the market, until manufacturers catches on. There's a short window in which reloaders could work their way in. Give them something to do.

Attached: Type81_LRG.jpg (800x264, 35K)

Friends and I have done this with yugo rifle grenades an AKs but also with 40mm chalk rounds out of an m203. For the 203 you want a big hula hoop because of the distance. For the rifle grenades you can do a 55gal drum if you have been practicing. With any sort of angle rifle grenades nor 40mm will bounce, even if they do the inital impact point will be very visible due to the force involved.

We are working on doing long range with mortars soon but finding the T&E for a 60mm mortar is a pain in my cock right now.

>will bounce
Will not bounce*

Long rang corn hole

You got any videos of this?
What people need to be doing in the near future is tape themselves having fun with their bloops. It's very much untapped potential going to waste. Lots of people have either rifle-grenades or other spuddier launchers but there's very little material online about them. Most often what you find is one guy doing something like a 'review' and only shoot it a few times before moving on.

Ive also thought about this idea. I hope it becomes succesful so i can justify a 40mm launcher as sporting use.

>You got any videos of this?
Nah but there are plenty of videos of similar on youtube. You dont even need specific munitions for 40mm since the chalk rounds put off a nice cloud and leave a perfect dent due to the zinc weight that also impacts.

Rifle grenades could benefit from a chalk and nose cone system like the 40mm chalk rounds

Oh right, I guess if there's a sport built around it, you guys could finally twist the ATF's wrist to own 40's.

What if we used coloured chalk with some sort of binder and compress into the front essentially of a reusable sabot?
That way we could easily distinguish who shot which rounds (streamlining scoring) and it wouldn't be hard or expensive to make at home.

Attached: coloured chalk.jpg (537x402, 52K)

You would need to engineer new rounds since the balance would be a little fucky with that added weight so it wouldnt be too difficult

At the speeds we'd be shooting these things, you could almost make it more like a shuttlecock than a grenade.

Attached: shuttlecock.jpg (952x768, 166K)

Meh. While it's an interesting idea that wouldn't fly well since you'd need a lot of extra steps and have RGs designed specifically to work with chalk noses. Doable, but it's kind of the sort of trouble that gets into the way of good ol' fun.
You'll have to walk down to the target anyway to recover your shit. If you can't tally your score well by then, just have a spotter keep score while people shoot. If you are shooting on a stand-up target made of wood, you might as well just give a bit of colored spray-pain on the nose of your RG. On impact, it'll smear enough to be identifiable.

Does anyone know where I can find a good chassis for my M203? I want to use it as a stand alone.

Go with LMT or KAC
The Fab Defense one is aids

What's wrong with the Fab?

its cheap plastic and feels like shit when you shoot it

So, what would be the ideal target sort for playing RAD at something like 100-150 yards, do you guys think?
Human-shaped targets are so passé, there ought to be some shape (other than a circular target) that would be fun to shoot at. The profile of a small car with smaller target zones painted on it (for driver, car engine, passenger, gas tank) would work nicely I think.

Attached: 01052018.jpg (995x400, 55K)

I'm no lawyer, but I'd take that as a green light.

Canada doesn't have a president, eh!

IDK, a bunch of concentric circles painted onto a slope would be fine, IMO

Yeah, it's work. The berns are even perfect for that.

Attached: Golf Election Range 1.jpg (2400x1600, 380K)

blump

Attached: All_launched_items_2.jpg (1264x1343, 145K)

Fuck, this sounds like a lot of fun. One thing's for sure though, if it ever takes off someone is going to need to start manufacturing reproduction NATO and Warsaw spec dummy rifle grenades because while there are lots of surplus available NOW that could definitely be exhausted with a Frisbee golf tier hobby.

Fuck, I'd play it. Sounds fun as hell. Even more if theres a mortar league.

Hey, I've got it.
G.A.S.
For Gun Assisted Sports.