Let's have a sword thread boiz

Let's have a sword thread boiz.

Thoughts on the Chinese hook swords? I think they're pretty neat but very impractical.

Attached: 20190316_215257.jpg (2576x1932, 1.55M)

why is china so terrible at violence?

rest of world
> get pokey stick
> make bloody hole
china
> ok, so first i need you to get down into horse stance, no, even lower than that.
> ok, now take this scythe, to which i attached a chain, lead ball, grappling hook and crossbow
> and blow up this dam, drowning literal millions of our people

Attached: sns.jpg (224x224, 10K)

Their most practical weapon is the kwan dao, which is basically just a worse naginata lol

Attached: 51FxOc3a4YL._SX425_.jpg (425x283, 8K)

>kwan dao
> tae kwan do
they even plagiarized the name from the koreans

nice batleths

Who is Sun Tzu?
>and then he gathered two of every animal on Earth...

Attached: EuphoricSpeedyCottontail-size_restricted.gif (500x281, 503K)

a dumb chink remembered primarily for contradicting himself and saying things like
> lmao just attack where he isn't defending

Big curve or little curve, what's your preference?

Attached: _DSC3792s.jpg (3608x3256, 1.61M)

Attached: Rune_scimitar_equipped.png (166x500, 39K)

I can do that too

Attached: N2v64d7.jpg (3024x3024, 1.43M)

Did you see those warriors of color? They have curved swords. Curved. Swords.

Attached: arabian-scimitar-sword.jpg (1750x2500, 147K)

Attached: I6ukEYt.jpg (2000x2000, 2.91M)

>lmao just attack where he isn't defending
It bears repeating. It's very easy to get tunnel vision because a target has strategic value without focusing on the cost. Sun Tzu helps me beat friends at strategy games. Legacy of China IRL.

Attached: 1548136165412.png (500x523, 224K)

Begone, redguard savage

Attached: 1540997109973.jpg (750x907, 174K)

European swords make my peepee hard, except Rapier's, they are very uggo

Attached: thumbnail.jpg (893x540, 47K)

Wrong. Rapiers and sideswords are neato.

Attached: SH1580s.jpg (3988x1636, 1.23M)

they had and used primarily polearms in the same mass formations as everyone else, actually the most used non-pike or spear melee weapons in ALL HUMAN HISTORY are Chinese dagger axes, a simple kind polearm.

Btfoing the service length of any other non-pike polearm by a metric of twenty, and any classification of weapon beyond something incredibly general like "swords" or "all axes". The only thing to reasonably compete would be to lump all roman/greek short swords and spathas together.

Not only that, but it has a sharpened inner edge to upset weapon autists. Thats right kids, one of the weapons reasonably tied for most used non-spear close combat weapon in all of history is a fucking weeb scythe which was absolutely used in a reaping motion.

Attached: dagger axe.png (1024x749, 75K)

Looks like a weird glaive.

Most of those weapons were not mainstream in china. They used swords, spears and various other types of polearms.

As to the low stances you see in Chinese martial arts, they were used for training and not as practical fighting postures.

little curve.

Not something you'd take to war with, but not too impractical.

It looks like a klingon weapon, but really it's just kind of a shortened billhook with a handguard. As far as exotic kung fu weapons go, they're fairly tame.

Attached: HandTool.jpg (600x500, 252K)

Honestly the biggest issue with them is duel wielding with weapons of the same length is very awkward and difficult, since they often get in the way of eachother. But there are some neat moves you can pull of with them, but that's mostly for showmanship

Attached: Chinese-Hook-Swords-Twin-Hooks-short-weapons.jpg_640x640.jpg (640x640, 40K)