How many rounds should a carry gun hold?

How many rounds should a carry gun hold?

How many reloads should one carry

Attached: Armscor-223-55-FMJ-bullets-NEWcrpt-sOPT__93334.1490986808.jpg (1000x750, 346K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9HXCMjZJRRw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

a million

>he doesn't walk around in public with a rifle at low ready
It's like you're TRYING to get killed

At least six.
Reloads are not needed.

As many as you can comfortably carry. 5 on the low side and 20 on the high side
Preferably at least one reload but you will be fine without one in 99% of civilian shootings, especially if your gun leans toward the high side of the capacity matrix. That being said, while a J-frame with no reload is probably good enough, no one who has ever been in a gunfight has wished they had less rounds.

Unironically as many as you can comfortably carry. If I have my g19, it's 3 spares with extended baseplates (75 rounds total) and if I have my 1911 it's 4 (48 rounds total) in a double stack carrier. You do you, but ridiculous or not, I like to have options.

youtu.be/9HXCMjZJRRw

The 3 round gunfight is only counting 3 fatal rounds and not all the shots leading up to it. A better average would be 50 shots to end a gunfight

The RIA GI FS HC is a doublestack 1911. About 3 mags (44) wouldn't be enough.

Attached: 1551589687339.png (720x724, 517K)

Pic related. A real gunfight. where statistics blow right out your ass and big daddy gravity wrangles your nuts

Post in the next EDC thread.

I carry either an LCR with a single speed strip (10 rounds) or a Glock 17 with 17+1 and occasionally a spare magazine. It depends on the circumstance. What I carry dictates doctrine. When I carry a revolver my doctrine is defensive use only. When I carry the 17 my doctrine is defense and offensive. Even more so when I carry additional magazines. You have to decide for yourself what situation requires more firepower. What situation there's more likely to be an active shooter than a generic armed robbery, and when you're willing to step in and fight without your life being directly threatened. You have to decide if you have the skillset to respond offensively or if you're better suited for a defensive role. I can't make that decision for you. Carry a fighting handgun whenever you can. If you can't, you'd better get good, and you'd better not try engaging a shooter that has superior firepower at distances you can't reliably put lethal shots on target at.

According to crime statistics most conflicts are resolved without firing a shot and instances where shots are fired they’re typically resolved in >6 shots
Very very very rare to need more
But it’s possible

I've watched enough police activity bodycam videos to disprove your theory. I don't know how these statistics are generated. I know police are at a higher risk for these types of encounters, and generally when they encounter them the person they're shooting at is fighting to the death. There's a lot of data out there that suggests psychological stops are every bit as good as lethal shots that physically incapacitate an attacker to the point that they can't shoot back. But.. those are just statistics. And you're likely right about psychological stops being effective enough in most cases. Nobody wants to be shot at. For concealed carriers, most of the encounters are at bad breath range with you having the element of surprise. Imagine if you had to defend yourself from someone determined to kill you at 10 yards plus with a 6 round pocket pistol. I'd bet you'd wish you'd carried more rounds. I'm not into statistics because they mean jack shit in real life. Real life isn't statistical it's dynamic. My thoughts are carry as large of a gun with as much ammunition as you can if you're determined to fight. You don't want to be the one that's under gunned in a gunfight.

I feel comfortable carrying a PT 92 AFS (stainless steel for those uninformed) with a spare magazine or 2.
I get 31 or 46 rounds, enough for a John Woo style gunfight.
Is that a good carry gun Jow Forums?

1 all you need is 1 shot of 50 BMG

>8+1 of 9mm in the gun
>2 spare mags

Lmfao

Pics of "bullets"

Carry as many as you want.

More than likely you'll never need it.

Most times you'll use what's in your gun or less.

its a pretty good idea to carry whats in your gun, plus 2.

this.

As many as you can safely/comfortably carry.

6 rounds of magnum ammo

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 8K)

>How many rounds should a carry gun hold?
At least 10.

>How many reloads should one carry
One, just because double feeds happen.

cops tend to magdump in every shooting they're in.

>Very very very rare to need more
It's very very very rare to get in a self-defense situation to begin with. If I was preparing for what's likely, I wouldn't be carrying at all. If you are going to be prepared, might as well be prepared for worst case scenarios, especially considering that it's not a big deal to carry a double stack handgun with a spare magazine.

I carry a S&W 469 and I usually keep a spare mag on me. It's a total of 25 rounds of 9mm. I could change out the mags to the M59 mags and carry 35 rounds but eh. Doesn't matter if you carry 5 or 500, should practice being a good shot.

Attached: wm_10608955.jpg (800x600, 79K)

At work I carry 7 rounds, no reload. Otherwise, I carry a g19 with 15 in it, and a spare with 22.

Summer? .380 6+spare mag
Winter? 9mm 13+spare 17 mag
All depends on printing. Rather not give away I carry at all times.

No one is going to agree, but I like Paul Harrells approach of a "reasonable" amount. Meaning a revolver or pocket gun should be carried with a speed strip or mag, but a full size double stack is probably enough topped off. However whatever makes you comfortable mentally, and physically (for program compliance) is more important. So if you're mor likely to leave the gun at home because carrying a mag feels like a burden, then just go without so you're consistent. It makes me comfortable to carry a double stack with one spare mag in a carrier, so I do that. Godspeed

Attached: 20190314_233714.jpg (3274x1593, 2.7M)

all of them.

its just personal preference. on the very small chance that i have to use my pistol in self defense, the chances are even smaller that ill need more than 12+1 rounds of 9mm. that is not saying its not possible or that anybody who carries more is wrong. im playing the odds, and i feel comfortable with my choice.
someone has brought up the idea of using a secondary mag as a fast way to take care of a malfunction, and theyre right, thats a legitimate reason. again, its about probability and imo, not enough benefit for me to carry a second mag.

No less than 5 and no more than can fit in it.

What kind of underwear should a person wear? What kind of running shoes should a person buy?
Just do what feels right.