357 or 38?

Looking to get a wheelie in 357, however the most comefortable to conceal are the 2" barrel ones.

Does a 2" barrel make 357 not worth it? Should I just go 38?

Attached: 335A4C86-B7D4-4AD9-8BA7-1B1E67506A04.jpg (640x418, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=27wDLjY5JSs
youtube.com/watch?v=CD2t_qG9dls
youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw
luckygunner.com/labs/revolver-ballistics-test/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=EgLDiduYlnY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=f6-JmzXF6Zk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shoot 38 out of the 357

Shoot .38 spl/ S&W from a .38. .357 is too big to carry if using .38.
Better yet, get a .327. Very close to .357, significantly smaller firearm.

>should I just go 38
no, only because a 357 can shoot that, so you get that versatility for city/woods carry (why i like it)

Personally I love my 2". It's very hard to make it print. Only time is when I bend over.

>snub
but why not a 3"? Much more velocity and the grip is the thing that prints, not the barrel

Fucking idiots. Expect them in EVERY 357/38 snubbie thread.

.38 vs. .357 MAGNUM IN SNUB NOSE REVOLVERS.
youtube.com/watch?v=27wDLjY5JSs

Attached: 45-acp-critters-01-660x423[1].jpg (660x423, 73K)

>327
What in the flying fuck is that?
Ive never even heard of it.
Fuckoff with this unobtanium bullshit

Its more to conceal. 3" maybe. Its harder to find it seems. 2 and 4 are most common

I already answered your question here.
FYI, I carry a 2" Kimber K6S with 357 every day and have so for years.

Snub nose .357 will be noticibley stronger than a 9mm out of a full length barrel but it,will be unpleasant to shoot. I heat the sp101 is managable but anything lighter will have more recoil. Go .38+p

You still get more performance with a .357, even out of a 2" barrel. Whether it's worth the additional blast and recoil (and subsequent deterioration to your shooting ability), you'd have to determine that for yourself.

Attached: 20180322_213922.jpg (2560x1440, 878K)

>dat dirty cylinder

smdh senpai

.357 is much more powerful even with a 2" barrel. It is also much more loud, has much more flash and much more recoil. Specially the ear damage can be a problem in an indoors defense situation.

That said, you can always just shoot .38sp, which is plenty for self defense, out of a .357.

You could also learn how to manage a more effective cartridge and stop being afraid of loud noises and flashes you nancy girl.

Not him, but I have a snubbie airLIGHT in .357 Even having a snub rhino in the same caliber makes a large difference, let alone a heavy frame shooting .38 Your "man up," faggotry needs to stop.

Thank God for stainless steel. Fuktards don't have to clean their weapons.

No, YOUR limp-wristed faggotry needs to stop.

>not shooting a fuckload of rounds at the range.

I have the distinct feeling that you've never shot a hot .357 in a scandium framed snub nose and have no idea what in the ever loving fuck you're talking about.

>unobtanium
Learn to reload, faggot

Attached: 20190313_172246.jpg (4032x3024, 3.21M)

Every store down here has a fuck ton of .327. Also finding ammo isn't hard, just order it online (if you're not in a cuck state, in which you probably won't have a CC option in the first place).

It's not his fault you bought a gun made out of meme-metal. Scandium a shit.

That wasn't his or my point, now was it? If you were literate you'd know that I own multiple revolvers The airlight .357 with hip clip means you can even wear shoestring gymshorts or stretch-waist PJs and still be armed.

Ok you retarded faggot, let me spell it out for you.

You bought an airlight in 357. Which means you were looking for a lightweight gun. But you only shoot 38 in it. So instead of buying a 38 airlight with a lighter cylinder you got a 357 airlight with a heavier cylinder made for a cartridge you'll never use because "owie it hurts".

You are a massive faggot that wasted your money and are still carrying a gun heavier than you needed for the round you use.

It's almost like you've never researched a gun before you bought it before.

Same MUH NUMBERS faggots in every thread. 38 and 9mm have no problems meeting FBI penetration/expansion standards. All you get with .357 mag is more recoil, more noise and more muzzle flash. All this in a gun that usually heavier and more expensive than it's 38spl counterpart. 357 snubs are stupid and so are the people who carry them. Anyone trying to argue that MUH NUMBERS IS BIGGER is just showing that they have no fucking concept of how terminal ballistics of handguns works.

Yeah and what's your yearly roundcount with it?

Attached: 1518127295418.png (600x700, 386K)

And here's the eternal "BUT 9mm IS AS GOOD AS .357" faggot. Literally KYS.

A compact snub nose 357 is still more powerful than your full size +P+ 9mm by a wide margin.
youtube.com/watch?v=CD2t_qG9dls

And FYI I put at least 50 rounds through my 2" K6S .357 every month since it's my primary carry.

Attached: Untitled.png (618x557, 645K)

>more powerful

Thank you for proving my point that you have no fucking idea what you're talking about. Please continue to think that buying shit is as good as practice. Us shooters need you shoppers to prop up the market with all the useless shit you buy. Thank you for your cervix.

.357 are markedly heavier than
38s, as they're typically made of all steel rather than aluminum.

You should probably look at carrying 22LR for your own personal self defense since power and numbers isn't an issue for you.

When did I state I only shoot .38 out of my airlight? And the original point was that snub .357 out of a light frame kicks, and "man up ur wrists dudebro," is retarded. I think you are actually illiterate.

I think you're a gay man who contradicts himself. But hey, your sexuality is your business, not mine.

When you get called out for being a retard, it's usually not the best idea to double down.

Just go 38, if the target has armor then it won't matter if its 357 or 38 and if the target doen't have armor it won't matter either.

Take your own advice.

in a 2 in barrel 9mm is the way to go in a revolver

> in a 2 in barrel 9mm is the way to go in a revolver

So a hot 38 special then. Because it's almost exactly the same.

>no u

>no

Attached: SNAP.jpg (750x494, 83K)

You do realize 9mm is a short .38special right?

>austically spending more time cleaning than shooting
You don't need to wire brush your guns down to bare metal every time you shoot half a box of ammo.

YOU, were never in the military. Make your own shit up as you go. Post a pic of your apt. I bet it looks like your firearms.

"why should I make my bed when I am going to go to sleep in 14 hours?".
"why take a shower when I am going to get dirty again".

No it's not you fucking brainlet. 38spl was designed as a black powder cartridge while 9mm was designed as a smokeless powder cartridge. That's why 9mm is so efficient out of short barrels.

this thread is really bringing out the autistic screeching

Attached: 677B84A2-C077-43F8-8960-5B241285EB50.jpg (640x960, 83K)

>No .356 isn't .356!!
Noload, nogun stfu and gtfo

You joke but I unironically carry a 5.7. 30 rounds of needle punchers is just too damn good to pass up

Attached: 1527875848786.jpg (261x145, 13K)

>CC a .357/.38 revolver
Hot joke.

Can someone explain this comment to me?

9mm is literally the same thing as .38 special only 9mm's case is 18mm. For context a .38 with wadcutter is ~1.1" and a 9mm with FMJ is overall 1.1"

9mm luger is .355-.356" in diameter and .38 is .356-.358"

Snubnose .357 doesn't really make much sense- a +p .38 does though. Hell, get it for the durability and fire standard pressure defensive ammo through it- semi wadcutters work fairly well for that.

> Oh look, someone who didn't read the thread.

dumb poster(s)
smart posters

While the difference in bullet diameter is practically meaningless to the point that some guns/bullets are even cross compatible in a reloading sense, calling 9mm "just a short .38 special" is literally retarded

But 9mm is loaded to a higher pressure and there is less powder yielding less blast and noise with better muzzle energy. So it being shorter doesnt even sort of describe the differences. .38 is kinda outdated. You could up the pressure (.357) but they you have a round that was not really meant to be shot out of snubbie with only marginal improvement over 9mm because of the slight pressure advantage, at the disadvantage of a ton more blast. And, fucking 5 or 6 rounds vs 8 or 9 for the same size gun with a ISHYGDDT reload speed.

it's ok user. girls need guns too, hence the 9mm

heavy?

Attached: 340.jpg (2304x1728, 355K)

>revolver as your carry gun
>anything but a situation where you need .44 Magnum for protection from bears

pick one, grandpa

Attached: 9mm.gif (320x170, 2.9M)

4 inches is minimum for 357 mag, anything less is 38 spl

no way, the fireball from my 340SC is absolutely hilarious

I meant for practical uses and not memes

it still hits harder than 38. and if I miss it'll scare the shit out of any nigger

Look up the lucky gunner tests. No 38 special gets good penetration and good expansion. You can get both with 257 out of a 2"

Attached: born to hug.png (464x464, 196K)

????

Attached: Screenshot_20190318-212737_Clover.jpg (1360x277, 90K)

In a revolver your only getting 6 .38 or 9mm so why get the lower effectiveness 9mm when you could get a .38 that was actually made for revolvers?

9mm has more energy than even .38 +P dumdum. But I wouldn't shoot 9mm out of a revolver. I'd buy a real gun for SD.

Attached: rev.jpg (600x600, 35K)

45 master race

Attached: rev2.jpg (640x480, 34K)

Wow, bigger and still slower. I'm impressed.

if you say so
youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw

Magnum rounds aren't even comparable to duty rounds, bud. The "stoppan power doesn't exist" thing doesn't apply here.

sometimes I carry a 4" 686 at work because it riles up the kids

>comes to revolver thread
>lol just don't get a revolver
Kysfr

REVOLVER THREAD

Attached: File Nov 12, 12 13 05 AM.jpg (3024x3024, 2.43M)

user, does your 605 only like .38 +P and .357? Mine is significantly less accurate with .38 last time I shot, but a laser beam with .357

use wadcutters in 38

The only reason it bothers me is that .38 is way cheaper. IDGAF about the recoil, it's not uncomfortable

I load them flush
very accurate

Attached: wad.jpg (1140x490, 150K)

oh, in a 6" 586. I can put them in one hole every cylinder
feels like a .22
do some experimenting I use 3.9 grains of bullseye and cci primers

Nah bro .1" over flush is goat

Attached: 20190317_062140-1698x1699.jpg (1698x1699, 440K)

The 357 barrel is fucking 3/4 inch longer in this video you boomer posting dumb fuck. Hardly a fair comparison.

Why you post this dumb boomer who didnt just use the same fucking 357 for both ammo types is beyond me. Kill yourself for posting this drivel retarded Paul fanboy dumbfuck

disgusting
haha nah, whatever works for you. mine eats flush better

.38 Spl autist in this thread is RAGING, can’t believe someone clings to such an outdated and underpowered round, must be the only gun he could get or something

u mad bro?
why?
post pics of your deagle brand deagle in .50 deagle

Congratulations, i take it back, you're actually dumb if you think that what you posted in is truth.

"why should I post anything on Jow Forums when some autistic retard is going to be a nigger in reply?"

"why should I scrub and brush my gun every round fired and wonder why it's worn out and sloppy"
go away sperg

Whatever you say mr. Nogun

>Does a 2" barrel make 357 not worth it?
.357 will always be substantially more powerful than .38 from any barrel length. This has been tested extensively.

This is about survival, not about looking or feeling cool; you self-confidence lacking faggot...

This. Why the fuck just not settle for an AR chambered in 38/9? Minimum penetration is fine. The “FBI Load” for 38+p was called the widow maker because if it’s notorious failure to stop reliably. Even in a 4”, it was marginal at best. Penetration in gel does not equal power. The redpill is that 357 guns are built to take hot ammo and typically weigh more.

I reload for 38/357 and anyone who does will tell you that the duty rated rounds for both applications are just about the same. This is because most people can’t take the heat and settle for good instead of optimum. The Lucky Gunner ammo testing on these rounds out of 2 and 4 inch guns shows this.

luckygunner.com/labs/revolver-ballistics-test/

People will say that a 2” 357 is equal to a similar 9mm. People won’t even compare 38+p due to the even lower working pressure. 357 (35K psi) has simply more potential than 38+p (20K psi). 2” barrel or 10” barrel. Heavier bullets in shorter barrels do amazing in hot 357 loads. Most people don’t shoot their snub guns and since the performance in mid range loads are acceptable, only the boutique brands offer them to the masses. Even this old fool figured it out:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EgLDiduYlnY

I don’t espouse that 357 magnum is some kind of uber cartridge but it isn’t hard to shoot well in a snub. The cartridge can penetrate and defeat barriers better than most small calibers as well as shoot beaver projectiles faster. Statistically speaking, most actual shooting encounters are handled in 1-2 shots. If you practice and can make a fast first center of mass shot with your snub, the added power will only help. Want a caliber that can defeat doors and vehicle barriers? If you can’t take the heat, don’t choose the platform. It’s that simple. Here is an example of what a hotter but certainly not the hottest 357 can do out of a short barrel. Remember, this is low end 357:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=f6-JmzXF6Zk

Attached: D4B11FFE-5745-4F81-81FD-23E5E37FA15C.jpg (425x283, 98K)

>unobtainium
You are too stupid to reply to any posts. Stop it.

A .357 is always more powerful than a .38 special out of equal barrel lengths. If that power is worth the muzzle blast and recoil to you, go for it. If not, a lighter, cheaper .38 can be had.

BTFO

Attached: 1535764157909.png (1416x1593, 2.19M)

>massively different pressure rating
>widely acknowledged difference in real world performance in favor of 9mm with in spec loadings
>"lmao 9mm is just a short .38"
Whatever you say cpt. Notanargument

>i like obscure rounds nobody has heard of

Fuck off faggot, nobody wants your stupid opinion

I swear revolver threads have some of the best ass-blasted shitposting on Jow Forums. And the best part is it's legit autism instead of chink or slav posters just being tards.

Attached: lm1Bn.jpg (768x1024, 196K)

How do you like the Kimber after carrying it for so long?

I told you to shut up.
Nobody reads your posts except to laugh.